Old 01-03-2008, 06:21 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat - Thursday, January 3rd, 2008

Running late today after sleeping on the couch. DW has a really bad head cold and after an hour her her coughing, sniffling and tossing & turning, I decided that if I wanted ANY sleep, I'd have to move to the couch.

So, this morning I'm stiff, sore and sleepy. (The cat doesn't like to share her couch and, as a result, I ended up being slept ON most of the night. )

Anyway - hope everyone else's day is off to a better start than mine. At least I don't have to worry about snow today (or for the next few according to the forecast).

Have a great day!
:Lawrence
Rooster.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:30 AM   #2  
Flutist4christ

S/C/G: 160/156/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Lawrence. I had a pretty cool start to my day - we had the coldest lows of the year this morning, and so I left my window cracked. It was wonderful. Down here in FL, we don't get cold weather very often, so I enjoy it while I can. Too bad we don't have snow.

I've been working on this diet about a month and I'm starting to lose steam. I think it's because I'm back to work and back to a regular routine. And last night I had a high-fat comfort food. *sigh* And I haven't walked in a couple of days.
flutist4christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #3  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

My mom had a stroke back in September and then in October we found out my dad's cancer has returned after a 7-year remission... needless to say I've been running myself ragged from the stress and responsibility that life has thrust upon me. It happens, and th blessing is that Mom and Dad seem to be doing very well now... but my thing is - I haven't had a good workout since the first of September when my mom went into the hospital. I've got to get this show on the road. I have maintained what I lost before that happened, so that's a huge plus. I just need to get back to working out regularly. I did this at home for the first five months. 47 pounds lost without a gym. Why do I have it stuck in my head that the gym is the only place I can work out???? GRRRRRRRRRR.
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:35 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

GOOD MORNING!!!

Well, I had this really long post last night, and in toward the end of it I went to check dinner and Cadence had come along & shut it off!!! I got mad for a second, then was just like "oh, well." So, I didn't repost it, cause Ididn't fell like sitting there trying to remember everything I had written. Suffice it to say I hope everyone is well.

Got a few errands to run today. It is absolutely freezing here as well.

I'll chcek in later when I have more time. Hopefully if I can post in more detail later, it won't get deleted!!

Have a supa dupa day!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

ekstatikia ~ you've come so far. Sorry to hear about your parents. That is tough but don't give up! You'll feel miserable (in more ways than one) if you start to gain back what you've lost.

Mornin' RoosterDude & flutist... have a good day and stay warm:-).

Lisa ~ thanks for the info. I'll try to find some for DD (and maybe for me too!).

GG ~ riding lessons are going great. She's a very determined little girl and it's great to see her enjoying herself. They had her do one small jump last week. I asked her what she thought of it and she said, "it was scary but I can't wait to do it again..."

Time to go wake three little gremlins... school starts again today and so does my getting back on track with healthier foods and exercise ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

I don't go to the gym and workout anymore, I have to stay home and do it and sometimes for me its harder because when I had my membership at the YMCA I told myself I was paying for it so I had to go use it at least 3x's a week or I was losing money. Well I had to close my membership (long story) and now I have to do it at home and of course life gets in the way, so more often than not I have all these excuses for not getting it done. Yesterday for example, I was going to get up early and get it done, well I couldn't sleep so when it was time to get up I stayed in bed and by the time I got up the kids were all up and going, I had housework, shopping and a visit to my grandmother in the hospital (an hour away) to do. Needless to say, I didn't get my workout in and I beat myself up for it all night and so far all this morning. I'm getting ready to hop on the treadmill right now but I totally sympathize with where you are and I just want to say keep your chin up.
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...well its even colder this am...13 F ..yuck! probably won't go riding until firday...its suppose to warm up on friday. have some errands to run today...man i'm really enjoyig all these days off..its spoiling me. I probably won't want to go back to work on Saturday LOL.

Moring roo - sorry to hear about your wife not feeling well and you having to sleep on the couch...hang in there
flutist - where in florida do you live..it looked like almost all of FL was almost freezing also. I grrw up most of my life in FL (hence the nickname)...i went to UF for 8 yrs
eks- sorry to hear about you family...but at least you can control one thing in life...What you eat (: hang in there
joan- glad to hear DD is liking it...i use to love jumping too...still do some...but as i've gotten older i have started appreciating the work it takes to do flat work/dressage (ie walk trot and canter) but i remember when i was young...that's all i wanted to do was jump. I actually can't jump my horse...he has a slight hip issue that makes him ridable..but not able to jump. And as for the soup i made...i sort of combined two recipes i found...i sauteed some garlic and onions in EVOO and then simmered the ham bone for 1 hr or so until the meat fell off. Then i added canned nothern bean (too lazy to soak overnight), carrots, a few potatoes, and celery. I also added parsley and some bay leaves. I used cheicken broth to simmer the ham instead of just water. It turned out great...i froze half the soup because it made so much.

alright guys...got to figure out ways to stay warm...my cat is even warm...she's been laying by the heating vent LOL
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #8  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJoan View Post
ekstatikia ~ you've come so far. Sorry to hear about your parents. That is tough but don't give up! You'll feel miserable (in more ways than one) if you start to gain back what you've lost.
Amen! I already feel like dirt compared to before simply because I'm unable to work out. I miss being active! Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
I'm getting ready to hop on the treadmill right now but I totally sympathize with where you are and I just want to say keep your chin up.
Thanks so much! It's nice to be able to talk to someone who's kinda in the same boat as me... On a positive note - hubby's buying me a good quality treadmill or something when we get tax money since he knows I'll use it now!

When I reach 100 pounds gone and keep it off for a while, I get a mother's ring. I can't wait! Hehehehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
eks- sorry to hear about you family...but at least you can control one thing in life...What you eat (: hang in there
Thanks! You are all so supportive. I'm enjoying my first day here!

Last edited by ekstatikia; 01-03-2008 at 08:57 AM.
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:04 AM   #9  

that's what i like about this site..its a place where we can come here and express our concerns/fears/stress etc...but not overwhelm our people in our life. Trust me..i don't whine about my wt to DH as much to my friends here. We're all in the same boat...weather its 20 lbs or 100lbs. Stope by anytime. Also, check out a lot of the other forums...there's great advice all over the boards.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

Rooster- I understand the cat situation - we have three cats and they are all bed hogs.

GG - Enjoy your time off - sorry that it is colder...

Good morning everyone else - need to run DS is getting into things this a.m. Take care, Dawn
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:46 AM   #11  

thanks dawn..i'm just a wimp when its cold...that's what happens when you grow up in florida...i can tolerate the heat (100+) way more than i can tolerate the cold. Its just me whining some (:
Old 01-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

GG ~ you're not a whiner at all. I'm used to the cold and I still can't stand it. I normally walk the kids to school but just couldn't make myself do it this a.m. The wind is sooooo cold. Looks like the weekend will be nicer though. I

This site is GREAT. As GG said, I bring things here to the table that I don't or won't talk about with my family and friends. I have a loads of support with my husband and family, however, I wouldn't feel comfortable talking about my weight with them. They don't want to hear about it and I don't want to dump on them ~ it's a thing called pride;-). Also, it feels good to write things here and know that people won't be judgmental or have to worry about them telling a sister, who will then tell another sister, yada, yada, yada...

I ate a banana and yogurt for breakfast, took the kids to school and intended to come back home and start taking down the xmas stuff. Two other moms asked me to join them for coffee so I said, you bet;-). Turned out to be a great start to the new year... I ate half of my daughter's bagel (which I didn't need) but I made some new friends over coffee and that was far more fulfilling than food. Now I really am off to take down the decorations... have a great day everyone. My #1 goal for today is to get exercise in. Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

Good afternoon All:

It is 19 degrees here today and WINDY. I felt so bad the baby couldn't catch his breath when we went out. Nothing much planned today cleaning out closets and trying to get organized.

Belinda... I learned about WASA sourdough crackers on the forum. They are 35 calories each (about the size of a graham cracker) I put a smear of cream cheese on them and even if I have two it is less than 100 calories.

ekstatik.... sorry to hear about your parents illness. The mothers ring idea is great you have to reward yourself and just think of all of the fab clothes you'll be able to buy when you lose more..lol.

pmasci... my three year olds have learned how to use the computer in school and everytime I get up they either start clicking on things or pushing buttons so I feel your pain...lol

Irish... I agree with you about talking about your weight. I have been on so many diets and I get excited and talk to my family and then I don't follow through so the next time they look at me like ...whatever. It is noce to talk to people who have been there and experienced the ups and downs and the ups and ups and ups right along with me...lol.
Tamia

Last edited by tjjsmom; 01-03-2008 at 11:20 AM.
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 176/176/135

Height: 5' 5"

Keep your chin up, going through stress makes it very hard to concentrate on the things that are good for you. I know that is one of my weaknesses.
BelindaSissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #15  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

flutist4Christ, Don't GIVE UP! Try new things...maybe this particular thing just isn't working for you. There are about a million different dieting methods to try out there. Just give it your all! And don't quit, because you surely won't lose if you do that.

Well everyone, I'm fighting the flu, I think. I've had fever, achy muscles, sinus YUCK, now I'm hoarse and sound like a frog! Needless to say, I've not done too good eating...I'll never get back to pre-Christmas weight before WW weigh in on Tuesday. Oh well, I'll do what I can do....that's all I can do. There's always tomorrow, I suppose. I'm just going to focus on getting well right now...I'm scared of getting bronchitis. Today, I've had tomato soup (a whole can!!!) and some FF chips....and it's not noon yet. I'm trying to get this stuff to break loose in my throat.

Hope everyone else is doing well and staying on target!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote