Old 01-02-2008, 05:44 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat - January 2nd, 2008

Another thread start stub with no real content. I just wanted to start the thread before heading out to shovel snow or borrow the neighbour's snowblower. You should see the small mountain at the end of the driveway - courtesy of the city. I should feel so privileged that they care so much to give me so much. Yes....that's sarcasm.

Welcome to WEDNESDAY, ladies & gentlemen.
First workday of 2008 for most of us. Back on the plans for another year - or time to find one's plan.

Take care!
:Lawrence
Rooster in a Winter Wonderland
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

ugghhh i woke up to 19 F temp...god its cold out there and its not suppose to be greater than 35 today with winds...brrrrr that's cold. I'm going to go to the gym to work out and then to ride my pony. Its going to be very cold to ride...but it will be nice. Not looking forward to being out in that cold...but i really need to ge the pony back in shape. He's overwt and needs to get the wt off him.

Morning roo...hope you get the snow cleared
morning to all else..i'll check back later...lots to do!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Roo and GG I can relate to the cold and the snow. We had below zero temps yesterday morning...DS and I did not venture out. DH had to take his sister to the airport, so he was not as fortunate to stay indoors.

Today DS and I are hanging out in the dining room as our living room carpet is being replaced. Should be an interesting day trying to keep a 1 year old away from the installers.

I finally have my treadmill in the house again! I have not had it for 6 months as we were in a very small rental. I have been using FitTv shows as exercise until I could get my treadmill back.

Have a good day everyone!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #4  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

So....I get on the scale this am and GRRRRR....I believe I am at or close to where I started last year this time. Or at least where I was after my month long affair w/DD's candy bar "fundraiser," in which I ate almost $40 worth of chocolate. So I guess it is time to raise the ticker and try again! Oh and I really can't blame it on moving or stress. I am pretty much settled it. Can't blame it on the holidays as I did NO baking and went to NO parties. Just laziness and lack of motivation to eat well. So I will try to get some activity in.

I think I will take the kids bowling today. There's a movie theater/arcade/bowling place I think we will go check out. Oh and I still cannot pick a paint color. Have spent $$$ on paint samples I was so sure would be it, but no....

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
Alicia

Last edited by lois lane; 01-02-2008 at 12:20 PM.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #5  

omg..it was FRIGID...what the heck was i thinking, going for a ride. It was 34 but with the windchill..it was close to 0. Ughhh i rode about 30 min and then i think my body went numb LOL. It took an hr to get my feet to thaw out. I wish i had more money to afford keeping him at a nice place with an indoor ring..but i;m making do. Now time to run errands
aliciia- hang in there..just get back on the wagon
dd- the problem is i'm not use to the coldLOL...i've lived in the south too long
Old 01-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #6  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone! Been gone since right before Christmas...from here and from my attempt at losing weight! LOL I've not braved the scales, but have been off plan for just over a week. Am hoping it won't be too terribly bad....although, I've eaten...a lot. I go back to WW mtg next Tuesday (we were "off" for Christmas and New Years)...if I can lose whatever I gained in the last week and be what I was when I went to my last meeting, I'll be satisfied. Again, haven't braved the scales (I'll do that tomorrow, I think) so I don't know if it's even possible...or if I even have any to lose (HA!!!). I've not taken my bp meds in a couple days (fluid pill) so I know I have excess fluid. I'm gonna take that today and give it today to work so I can get a true picture tomorrow of what I have to do before Tuesday.

How were everyone's holidays? Mine were....not normal, to say the least. Hubby's uncle (lives just down the road) died Christmas morning. He'd had cancer, but they thought it was shrinking. So while it wasn't really a surprise, it was. So we've had memorial services and grief among our holidays. But, it's a new year and a new beginning. Hope to hear everyone else's positive holiday happenings!!! And hope everyone's back on track....so we can all be LOSERS together!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-02-2008 at 01:45 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 151/151/135

Height: 5ft2in

Diana-Sorry to hear about dh's uncle how sad

Like everyone else I too am having cold weather it's -20 here

I'm on the hunt for my ww stuff, I found my points finder but can't find my other stuff like my exercise thing & books this is why one of my resolutions is to get organized
jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like everyone is chilly today... It's cold here too and the wind is fierce.

Hanna ~ we haven't heard from you. How are you feeling and how was your party?

We had such a fantastic holiday... The kids are at really fun ages and it was great to celebrate Christmas in our new house. Eating wasn't good but not as bad as past years. I just don't eat as much junk as I used to. However, sweets are still a *huge* downfall for me. I know that come tomorrow I'm going to have some serious withdrawals... No more cookies!!!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

Happy New Year All!!!

I hope that everyone has a happy and healthy new year! For some strange reason I allowed my DD to have a sleepover on New Years. What was I thinking? Only two girls but they made enough noise for 4 or 5.

Lois and pmasci... I was officially off maternity leave November 15th but my son was born with congenital heart disease so I took a little longer. He was supposed to have surgery in November but they postponed it for a while. I can't afford to stay out until then so I am going back to work. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. Luckily it is income tax time so I am going to have to do my taxes quickly. My family will help me out if necessary but I would rather not go there.

Diana... so sorry for your loss, hope all is well with your family.
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Diana-so sorry for the loss.

Sorry for the cold weather. It is about to warm up here. We are supposed to be in the 50's the next few days.

I made it to the gym today. I have not been there in months. It felt really good. I just hope I am not to sore tommorow. I forgot how good it feels. I definately have to be better about going.

DS and I are headed out to meet up with some friends at a place where they have a bunch of bounce houses. He loves it.

Jasmine
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/182/128

Height: 5ft 4 inches

Default hi

its freeeezing here

Just like to say a little hi my first time here but loving the posts i need to lose quite a bit of weight and am on synthyroid after having my thyroid removed January 2007. Would love to hear from anyone especially people maybe in the same situation as me. Had cancer of the thyroid am not hoping thats clear so i fought that and am now focusing on my weight but gees its hard good luck everyone
DARKMAIDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

GG, that weather is normal for us this time of year. I could see though that (especially riding a horse) you would freeze your bottom off. My g'pa usually takes his horse riding all day new years day at a metropark. They didn't do it this year because of the cold and wind. Take care.

Not much new to report.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #13  
chellenobelly

S/C/G: 182/178/150

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies, just stopping in ...sounds like several had cold days today we had our first snow for the year last night about 2 in. I was working 7-7 with a patient ;he passed away this am at 2 the fam was there and with the snow i could not leave,i just got home @ 4 pm after they had their steep drive scraped .They live on a high ridge and got a lot of ice and snow. Before i went to work last night i went to urgent care due to a extreme sinus infection. Head was about to explode. They weighed me there... I was scared my scale @ home (an old one) had said 182 last week . But their's said 178 yesterday I haven't really done anything different diet wise except more water. So I think I'll stick with the 178 ...You will see the ticker move hehe...even if i can't really take credit for it. I think Tommorrow will have most things back to normal around here,holidays over, no snow day and antibiotics kicked in. I'm hoping to attend my first WW meeting next week this week seems pretty much shot .

Diana - sorry to here about you loss

Hope ya'll all have a good evening
chellenobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #14  

diana- sorr to hear about your uncle.
tj- i know that must be hard what you are going thr...hand in there
welcome jaan and darkmaden...always enjoy seeing new faces
lisa- yeah i know you guys get cold weather...but we usually don't get that cold...so i'm definately not use to it...i think if i go riding in the cold again..i'm going to walmart and get those warmers you put in your shoes...that might help
chelle- hope you feel better and that sinuses get better fast
tanner's mom- please send some 50 weather this way LOL

today i did make it to the gym prior to riding my horse. I think i've determined i do much better of a workout in the evenings...it seems like i just don't get as motivated first thing..and my night workouts are much better???? the downfall is if you don't plan for working out at night...you could easily skip them..we'll see.
Today i took the ham bone left over from christmas and made a ham and bean soup...god was it yummie...and there was so much...i froze half of it..we'll have soup for a while. Other than that...nothing really new to report. I've done good...today is day 1 of getting back into it...and i really haven't been bad..even turned down the beer DH offered me at dinner (man i must be motivated..its always hard for me to say no to beer LOL)
night all
Old 01-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone !
Happy new year everyone

Diana sorry for your loss, that is so sad to have a tragedy on the holidays.

GG the cold weather sounds horrible, it is cold here, 65!

chellenobelly sorry about your patient.

Hi Lisa! I think GG is very brave to go out in this cold weather to ride the pony

HI Darkmaiden to you too! It is great you are cancer free!

Tjjsmom sorry you have to go back to work, I am :sad: for you

Jasmine that is great you were able to make it to the gym today. Great way to start 2008

Jaan to you too!

Roo good to see you! sorry about all than generosity from the city. Hang in there!

Delta Dawn I love to have new carpet, not everyone likes the smell I do! How nice to have the treadmill at home, do you really use it a lot? I had exercises equipment before and it became clothes racks LOL.

Joan thank you for asking about me! I am happy the kid had a great x-mas!

I am doing OK, the new year's party was great! we got to meet a lot of neighbors we didn't know, everyone was very happy, we got a couple of ppl stop by yesterday to say thank you! it was very nice. People brought a lot of great dishes to share, and a ton of deserts.
On the 31st I went to see my dr. and she was concerned about how much weight I've lost, she did some blood and urine work, she wants to make sure I am just loosing weight from the Cymbalta taking my appetite away and not something else, I am down to 105 Lbs.
I was exhausted, I didn't have energy for much yesterday that's why I didn't stop by. Today I had to take a lot of things back to the stores, paper plates and cups and that kind of thing, we had a confusion here, DH bought some stuff and I bought the same so we had a ton and didn't want to store it. Sean has been home too long, he is very cranky and very difficult. Dad watched him for a little while so I could run to the store, it was good not to have him w/me, the stores were packed. I couldn't believe the were already stucking for Valentines day!

I am Sean has not stopped screaming for the last 45 minutes, GRRRRR.... he needs to go back to school!!!!
See you all tomorrow!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote