Old 12-03-2007, 09:14 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: Monday, 12/3

Mornin' All!

It's a miserable morning here. And cold. My front steps were a sheet of ice, I have no rock salt, and no railings! DH laughed at me when i asked him to help me down the steps. But it's sunny now, and supposed to go up to 46° today, so hopefully it all melts. I told DH to go to the store at lunch and get rock salt. I'll be putting in a call to my brother to come build me a railing!

GG, glad you made it home OK. Sorry to hear you might not be able to keep the pony.

Hanna, I would save the biggest gift for last!

I'm down 5 lbs. since Friday!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

LBH- It's really yucky here too. It's not cold, but should be cool tomorrow...it's just rainy and dreary.

GG- Welcome home! It does sound like you had the best of the possible situations though as far as everyone that got stuck. As far as your pony goes...my sister had a similar situation when we were younger. She worked out a deal where she could board her pony for a cheaper rate if she mucked out stalls in exchange for his keep. You may want to check into something like that. If you can't make that work...perhaps you can work out another sort of agreement (as my sister also did). She sold her horse years ago for $50 with the understanding that if she ever wanted him back she could buy him back for the same price. Good luck!! I do know how heart breaking that can be to fear losing an animal.

Hanna- Seeing the lights downtown and in front of people's homes is always fun isn't it? I can't even begin to imagine how lovely it is where you are.

Alicia- I didn't dress up for the Madrigal dinner, but we may next year...who knows.

Lauren- Congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome.

Well...all...no weight loss to report down here, but the jogging continues and thankfully no weight gain. I was SO worried there would because we ate out this weekend and even though I ordered water they brought me tea...so I just drank it. Then....I enjoyed the chips that they gave me with my large sandwich.

Last night we have a Service of lights at the church. It was much like Easter Vigils...with the candles and in the darkness...without communion though...it so a makeshift evening prayer if you will...but it was such a lovely service. Next week we have Lessons and Carols. I do so love this time of year for religious reasons, but hate the weather....

Okay all...I'm off to teach. Have a great day! And I'll check back later.
Betty
Lobacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Oops...forgot to comment to Joan about the Memphis zoo. I love that one too. It's just a good hearted family enviroment. Several years ago Momma and I took my niece to it and we had a blast (and was fairly empty that day too)...but my most memorable experience about the trip is that she ran into a railing (it was eye level for my niece at the time). Momma was worried she was going to have a black eye....she said so and my niece who has gorgeous blue eyes started crying harder saying I don't want my eyes to turn black, she thought that the blue part was going to turn black...so we assured her she shouldn't have a black eye (at least not the way she thought). I'm glad that no such tragedies befell you and that you had such a good time there.

Betty
Lobacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Lauren ~ down 5 lbs! That is GREAT. Are you back to weighing yourself daily? If so, STOP!

Betty ~ sounds like you live in a lovely community. LOL at your little niece thinking that her beautiful blue eyes would change color. We live in St. Louis and we have a wonderful zoo here so I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the Memphis Zoo was.

GG ~ You'll get your pony back! That is exciting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something works out for you and you'll be able to keep your horse full-time again.

Alicia ~ I hope that you're feeling better today. I'm guessing that maybe TOM came early due to all of the stress that you're under. You're taking on everything; kids, move, Christmas, etc., etc... single-handedly. How is DH's job going? Does he like the new area?

Hanna ~ Hugs to you today... hope that you're doing ok. We all love you so much...

Sheila ~ where are you? Still doing the 4 minute workout? Lost any weight/inches?

MO ~ hey babycakes... how's life treating you?

Michelle ~ have you seen hubby yet?

KarenK ~ haven't heard from you in a while. Have the kids tied you up?

Pam ~ hi there! Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? I went there yesterday to buy butter, chocolate and nuts to do some baking.

RR, RoosterDude, Kerry, Kerri, Laurie?????

My back is killing me today. Never fails to act up after a long car ride. I'm laying low today and hopefully it will be better in a day or so. I have so much to do this week and can't kick back and rest for too long.

Eating over the weekend was BAD. We ate at McDonalds going and coming as that is a major treat for the kids. We hardly ever take them there. I've gotten to a point where I hate fast food but I was hungry and boy, those french fries tasted wonderful! We did walk a ton so that helped. However, my back was hurting so bad yesterday that I didn't get any exercise in and I feel sure that I won't do anything again today.

Happy Monday all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...well i did find a place that just emailed me back...$150 pasture board...so that's more doable...i'm going to check out the place next week to make sure it looks pretty ok. I am happy i'm getting him back..but i know my scedule will probably only allow 2 days of riding...esp since the places i'm looking at don't have indoor arenas. It would be nice to have an indoor ring...but all of those places are at least 400-500.
betty- thanks for the suggestion..i've done that before..but i have a feeling with my work schedule it may not work out. My schedule varies from day to day...but we'll see..maybe i could see about an early morning thing??? Who knows. I did it at my last place (until the owner drove me up the wall and dediced the $20 a day i was being paid wasn't worth the amount of work she was putting me through because she was too lazy).
I'm definately excited to have pony back..i'm planning to go get him at the end of Dec. So we'll see. I know it means i'll just have to be a lot tighter on the money spending aspect.
lauren - congrats on the weight loss...good for you
joan - don't worry about eating bad..i did too. In chicago we had true authentic chicago style deep dish pizza...we also had a traditional polish meal at the wake...with wonderful polish sausage and yummie kalazckies (sp?). And of course we had lost of beer both nights...so i'm getting back on track today...but i definately did some damage this weekend.

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 12-03-2007 at 12:24 PM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:52 PM   #6  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Lauren, congrats on the weight loss...are you doing ww? I forget.

GG, I have my fingers crossed for you and the pony. I know when we were looking at renting it was very hard to find a place that wanted pets. We are lucky we got our house and can keep our 4 legged family members.

Joan, we got a new car a few months ago and I swear ever since my back just kills me, especially on the long car rides. I think my other car fit my mold and was more comfy for my back. So I definately know that feeling, hope it eases for you soon. DH seems to like his job. The area is VERY different to where we live now (one stoplight in town).

I had the strangest night weather wise. First it rained so hard that DD was having water drop in from her ceiling. Then the wind got so bad. When we moved here, DH had replaced broken windows with flexi board, not a good idea. I was up at 4 am trying to put the flexi board back in, the wind just threw it back at me. You have to picture it in your mind and its actually hilarious, not fully dressed, can't see, wind blowing me. Too funny. Of course at the time I wanted to cry. I did get it fixed though. DD came and got in bed with me and said "momma my bed was shaking"(so was mine). So I was sandwiched between 2 kids all night. Come to find out the same thing happend to the window downstairs. I couldn't fix it, so right now I have a pillow sandwiched between two pieces of flexi board.

Dh called and is talking about moving this weekend. So I need to get serious. If he does we will have to stay anyways to finish out work and school.

Hope everyone's having a good Monday!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

hEY EVERYONE!!!

Been MIA this weekend...just so many things going on, December is a super busy month for us. Anyway...

Lauren ~ Being that I live outside of Philly, I'm quite familiar with buttered rolls. My question is...are they Amoroso's?? Do you get them up there?? That's all my husband will eat, and thay have to be loose ones from the bin, not prepackaged, cause "they taste totally different."

Alicia ~ Sounds like you are super busy...hope you are able to get done soon so you can move, get settled and rest a little...

Joan ~ We only get Mcdonald's maybe five times a year, but oh, how I love it!!! Usually I'll get the quarter pounder meal, then I feel like crap afterwards because of all the grease. It sure tatses good going down, though!!

Patricia ~ I grew up outside of Chicago...LOVE DEEP DISH!!! I'm so jealous of you sister (I guess I shouldn't be considering why you were there, tho), but glad everything went well for his service. There's a HUGE Polish population in that area...most of my friends growing up were Polish, and boy did their moms make some good pierogies!!! YUM!

Betty ~ Hey girl!! Good for you getting all that shopping done. I HAVE to go every week, my DH & son eat WAY too much to let it go to twice a month, although I would like that much better since food shopping has to be one of my least favorite chores (yes I consider it a chore).

Hanna ~ So glad to hear that you are feeling better....Happy Chanukah to you!!

Gotta run, eight million things to do (really more like five), but DS just got home & have to get homework started. Have asuper evening all!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #8  

Forgot to say to Lauren

YOU GO GIRL!!!! WAY TO LOSE!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 04:33 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Thanks All!

Pam, I don't know what bakery the roll I had came from, I got it at 7-11! But around where I live now (Morris County), Calandra's in the bakery. They bake fresh bread up until 9pm!! And DH is absolutely right, no bagged rolls. Has to be a good "hard roll" from a bakery! Is DH from the NJ/Philly area, cause I see you grew up in Chicago?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Lauren ~ love the little drooly guy! I've never seen that one before... very cute:-).

I took pictures all weekend long of the kids to possibly use for our xmas card. Why is it so hard to get three people to smile at the same time??? Anyway, I took this one about 5 minutes ago and it is just cracking me up as it is completely realistic. My two little girls looks so happy and thrilled and then here is DS smack dab in the middle with the most miserable expression on his face. He spends much of his life looking for an escape route away from his sisters.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!
today everyone sounds cheery! I love it!

Joan thank you for the suggestion on the constipation stuff, I am acutally taking miralax, I want to ask my dr. about the new medicine I see advertised on TV something new. Oh my, this constipation stuff is horrible. FIL said I am starting the age of "this has never happened to me before" LOL. but he is right!

GG I am glad you are going to be able to keep ponny, I hope the place is just what you are looking for :cross:

It has been a busy morning, and I have not accomplished anything today. My neighbor came over for earlier, then she came back and brought me some cards she wants me to help w/putting addresses and getting ready to mail. The phone rang a milliont times today. Another neighbor came by to talk about the new year's party. Did I tell you guys I am doing the N Y party at my house? we dont' want to drive anywhere, I found the cutes invites I couldn't live w/out them, I ordered the on Friday morning and they came in today, no wonder I paid so much in shipping, I couldn't figure out how it came to so much, I made a mistake on the delivery time I guess? but I save a lot of money by prining them myself. When Sean gets back home from school we are going to walk around the neighborhood and delivery them. I am looking forward to the party, I love having people over, any excuse is a good one!
Today I was really tempted to make homemade cinamon rolls and I didn't I know I would eat 1/2 the tray :blush:

I got to run, I have to get at least a couple of things on my list and be back before Sean gets home!

Hanna

http://www.finestationery.com/produc...cat_id=4&cat=4
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:31 PM   #12  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

to everyone. ( to all those who asked about me.)

Still going through Reno ****, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

My scale is broken (*lets out little cheer*) so I don't have a clue what weight I'm at, but I know it's not good. It's not been a good year for weight loss with my 'end' weight looking to be higher than my 'start' weight. Blah.

Anyhoo - I'm still out here. Honest.
:Lawrence
Reno Rooster
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #13  

Hanna...the invites are beautiful!!! I'm with you on the entertaining thing, I love to have people over. Had some this weekend, next weekend, then I'm hosting a cookie exchange/girls night in cocktail party, then a family cocktail party the 22nd. I love it, though!!!

Joan, would love to see the pic...did you try to post it?

Lauren, I guess Amoroso's must be local, but they are in all the supermarkets around here. I don't know how far out they deliver. Yes my husband grew up outisde of Philadelphia. I actually was born in Harrisburg, then moved to Los Angeles, then when i was 8 to St. Louis, then two years later to Chicago area, so I say I grew up there, cause that's where I did all my teen years. MOved here a month after HS graduation, 19 years ago. And no, my dad wasn't in the military (everyone asks that) he just got transferred/promoted a lot. BTW, how far north are you from Trenton or Flemington NJ? I"m thinking you're probably pretty close to NYC, right?