Old 10-31-2007, 07:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default BOO! 30 something Halloween Chat (wed 31)

Morning all..nothing really exciting to report. I ate bad this week..but luckily i didn't gain weight. So now i'm trying to get my butt motivated.

Hannah - fyi MRSA is the Methecillin resistant staph aureus. Its the nasty skin infection that is killing people because its highly resistant to most antibiotics.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:54 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

I'm in a pretty awake, good mood today. I guess it's because of all the excitement this AM getting the costumes on. Both boys are Superman this year.

GG, yeah, there's one antibiotic that seems to work for it and they've had mom on it IV for a couple days already, in case it was. Can't remember the name...something with a V, or R? It's a "mycin" drug.

Alicia, that is too funny about what DS said about dating!

I'm off in a few to go over to Robby's daycare for the Halloween parade and party. You'd think I was busy at work or something, with the lame response I got from my boss when I asked if he minded if I slipped out for about an hour at 9.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:02 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey everyone Happy Halloween!!!!

I dressed up like a fashion goddess that has never looked at a magazine. I would take a picture for ya but it would crack the camera.

What the heck is it with these moms leaving their kids in the car while they go to work? It pisses me off...............

Have fun everyone
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:35 AM   #4  

happy halloween!
been really busy, yesteday little mario had his halloween party and parade at daycare..it was fun...mario is batman...hes a cutie...

today after work (i get off at 245), going to the gym and then im off for my halloween evening adventure..we go to another city where we used to live (big marios parents live there) and we trick or treat there...its so much fun and its packed..the houses there are great and there are so many people...been going there since dominic was little

im so tired though!...sorry t his is a quickie..gotta go get ready for work

have a great day
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #5  
LBH

Sheila, I missed that story, what happened?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning all!
Happy Halloween!

Good to see you Sheila! I am there w/you what happened this time? where did a mother leave her child in the car (what state)? Take a picture don't be shy!!! We know you are everything but shy! LOL.

GG thank you for telling me what that meant! that is good you didn't gain! what happened to your motivation, you were so good about walking and hiking, what happened w/the gym did you sing up?

Lauren sorry to hear your boss is not being to nice, but what the heck you did you go anyway? Enjoy your children, they grow so fast!

Christina have a fun time tonight

Who else is dressing up? what are you going to be?

Today is a good day, Sean got to take his custom to school not wearing it but in his backpack, he said the party was after lunch and they would dress after lunch. He is going to be a ninja. This year he was very cute, he said he wanted to be several other things but he "couldn't" cause his buddies where going to be wearing "it", first time he ever does that, he is more of a follower than a leader so I was very surprised and happy! I sent to school a really cute pumpkin I found a Wal-mart for each kid in the classroom filled w/candy and really cute Halloween "party favors" like funny glasses, lanterns, glow sticks and all sorts of cute stuff, once again I was in BIG trouble w/DH once again I overspent, when I bought the stuff I was just thinking it is only a dollar, it is only a buck for this, and another for that, well I ended up spending $175 Dh asked me today when he was looking at the bank account on line what did I spend that $ on yesterday, I am embarrassed to say I had not idea how much it had come to, I just paid and didn't even look. I am very bad about that! I am blond all thought I don't consider myself a dome one, just don't see price tags drives dh nuts!

We found out what may had caused Sean's seizure, the psychiatrist said the trileptol (that he had just increased a day before it happened) can cause the levels of sodium and magnesium to get very low and cause it, we need to take Sean to get some blood levels all thought I don't know how accurate it will be since he is not taking the same dose, we started him back on the lower dose, if it was the meds we will have to take him off of them completely, I hate this, we find something that works and something like this has to happen, it sux!

I am going to be Cruella Devil for Halloween, I will take a picture tonight and post it! I got the wig yesterday it is too cute! I think Michael is going to wear a Cat In the Hat custom he had couple years ago, he didn't want to go look for anything this year. Too much going on, I guess
We were invited to a neighborhood pot luck so I have to cook something to take, I have not clue what to make. Any suggestions???
Thanks all!

Have a spooky day!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:04 PM   #7  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone!
Can you please give me a big kick in the butt... I ate ALL the milk duds... seriously, the WHOLE bag... And now I'm just annoyed at myself. I'm like a druggie.
Headed out in a minute to my daughter's parade. Had my sons' this morning, then had to bring one to the doctor, he has an infect lymph node
I am dressed up as a devil, and my hubby is the angel! It's pretty funny!!
Gotta run!
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:52 PM   #8  
LBH

Treighsie!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 04:20 PM   #9  
Badger and Packer Fan!!!

S/C/G: 315/ticker/200

Height: 5'4"

I have not touched the Halloween Candy yet. Which is great for me. I ended up walking for an hour yesterday. Only made a 30 minute walk today because it is really windy out. Eating is improving but we are having tonight. We have it every year to remember out beloved dog Sassy. We decided to put her to sleep 2 years ago on Halloween. It's a hard day for us.
jessiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:37 PM   #10  

hey all..i'm back...no dressing up for me...just got home...but its ok.

hannah...yeah my motivation sort of stalled i think it was partially my heel spur acting up...but got new inserts that really seem to help and bought new (and unfortuantely expensive) stabilizing shoes that really seem to help...so hopefully i'll find my motivation. I think i was just in a weeks rutt. I started feeling better today. As for the gym...i haven't had a chance to go look yet but maybe my next day off.

Hope everyone has a good halloween..keep away from the kiddies candies.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:54 PM   #11  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Jessiebug, I once had a dog named Sassy too. She was truly my first child. I stiil miss her and cry when I think of her. She has been gone 7 years.

Back from Trick or treating and I am all stessed. I don't know why. Next year, DH can have the duties. First off, for some reason, Holidays majorly stess me out. Even Halloween. Not sure why. I took a neighbor with me and all he kept talking about is how he gets more candy at Sunrise(neighborhood). Afterwards we got Dinner at BK (i know, i know) they took 30 mins to get our order. Now DH has some idea and a crazy house he wants to buy. Just to give you an idea it only costs $25,000. To me, that is just too good to be true. Something about it used to be a restraunt, one big area with no dividers for rooms. So I am super stressed. Okay well thanks for letting me vent. Just needed to get it out of me.

Hope everyone had a great halloween, I'm going to bed!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:10 PM   #12  

jessiebug...sorry to hear abou the loss of sassy...its always hard...even ears later.

lois....sorry to hear you are so stressed...you need to relax
Old 10-31-2007, 10:15 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

I had today off and I did absolutely nothing. (except nap!) It felt good to have a day like that.

Yesterday I stepped on the scale for the first time in a long time and was plesantly suprised. I had lost two pounds from what my ticker had said for the longest time. I guess that working stock is really helping me. (I have updated it by the way.)

Lisa

Last edited by lppennington; 10-31-2007 at 10:16 PM.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:49 PM   #14  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys! Whew, I'm glad Halloween is over. Alex was so into it this year (he was Superman too). He was running from house to house. As soon as he thought his bag was full enough that was it. He was ready to stop. He really surprised me. I told him he could eat as much as he wanted tonight and that it would all go into the freezer and he could just have some every now and then. He stopped in the MIDDLE of a mini bag of Skittles and said "I'm done!". Durn, I wish I knew where the child got that gene. I don't have a I'M DONE gene. I wonder if I can have one added like they do on Star Trek all the time.

Lauren: How was the parade?

Come on, you guys that dressed up post pictures. I will post pics of the kids as soon as I download them.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote