3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 something Oct 22 Monday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/125479-30-something-oct-22-monday.html)

sheila1971 10-22-2007 09:17 AM

30 something Oct 22 Monday

Hey All

It is MONDAY:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

catch you all later

sheila

Christina S 10-22-2007 09:36 AM

good monday everyone!...

just stopping by..havent been here in a while..things are going well...dominic was home on friday night till sat night - he had a 24 hour pass...and then sunday i did my normal parent group i have to go to then counseling for an hour and visiting for 2 hours...it went fairly well..it went a lot better than things were when he was home...he is doing so good i jsut cant believe it sometimes...but sometimes its like that is how he was before...so we're moving along

my job is great!..i love it...its so cool, there are like babies born every other day...just love it

iw ill try to go back a few days or weeks and read up...i hope everyone is doing great!...have good day

IrishJoan 10-22-2007 09:46 AM

Mornin' All...

Sheila ~ good to hear from you. How is your daughter doing since surgery?

Christina ~ hi there! I'm so happy for you and your family!!! Also, glad to hear that the new job is working out.

Alicia ~ I had to respond to your post from yesterday regarding haunted houses. I am in awe of you.... you think that they're funny?! I wish that I could view haunted houses in that light but since I always come darn close to peeing in my pants I can't! I know, I know, I'm a royal pansy.

I need to run errands and then cook up some food for the school today. Tonight is parent/teacher conferences and some of the parents provide food for the faculty.

sheila1971 10-22-2007 10:09 AM

Christina now why is your son gone if you don't mind me asking

Christina S 10-22-2007 10:13 AM

He Is Gone Because He Was On Probation And Kept Getting Dirty Pee Test (marijuana) And He Kept Getting In Trouble At School (his Mouth)...so Since He Was On Probation And They Kept Telling Him What His Consequences Were Going To Be..i Think He Didnt Believe Them...anyways, Now He Is In A 1 Year Program For Redirection

sheila1971 10-22-2007 10:19 AM

oh my son isn't in that but he has the worst attitude and quit school because he is too cool you know. We had him tested he passed them all. He didn't know we were going to do a pee test and blood test. I am stressed out beyond...............ughhh

We are sending him to military school in January. It is going to be so hard. We only get to see him a total of 7 hours in 5 months. I honestly don't know how I will do this at all.

Christina S 10-22-2007 10:38 AM

yeah its difficult..for me though, i stressed to the judge i wanted to be involved as much as possible and it would be best if he stayed in the county we live in...he is in the same city..we have a large city, but he is on the other side..about 20 minutes away ont he freeway..the place where he is is not just for kids using substances...some have a semi-violent charge nothing more than a street fight type charges...some have possession or intent to sell charges...however, it is a great program..dont get me wrong..everythig has its faults and there are some things i dont agree with...but the change in dominic since july is phenominal...i couldnt have asked for anything this big...and he still has 9 months to do...so i am in high hopes he is going to be on the right track to being a successful adult...good luck with your son...its not easy but i have found if you believe in the program/school where he will be good things will come out of it!

LBH 10-22-2007 11:03 AM

Mornin' All!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was busy, had family in from out of town and a party at the new house. I think we've decided to just move in by the end of the month no matter what.

Christina, what is your new job? Glad you had a good visit w/Dom.

Hi Joan, What'cha making?

sheila1971 10-22-2007 11:15 AM

Christina: Ya I agree you have to believe in the school. Our problem is the mouthy crap that falls out of his mouth. Drives me nuts!! Ours is 5 months, if the kids want a GED and 22 months if they want a diploma. I just never figured I would be faced with this. I am sure it is very hard. So how is the relationship with you DH with doing this have you seen it is worse or better?

HEY ALL YOU CALIFORNIA GALS i HOPE YOU ALL ARE IN SAFETY WITH THESE BAD FIRES HAPPENING!!! STAY SAFE........

KAR73 10-22-2007 12:22 PM

Hi everyone,
Sorry I have been MIA again. It is so hard trying to squeeze in a few minutes of computer time to post to everyone. I do try to read all the posts though. So I am still trying to keep up with everyone.
Lauren glad that your house is getting together enough for you to move in by the end of the month. Did you enjoy your family's visit?
Laurie sounds like things are going well for you and your family. Hope things are smoothing out for you and your dh.
John congrats on your weight loss. Keep up the great work! Pretty soon you will be needing a new wardrobe.
Alicia sorry that you can't go back to college now. That is a bummer! So when will you and your family be moving? Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the good work.
Joan so what are you cooking for the faculty? That is nice that parents at your school do that for the facutly. We usally get take out or pizza on those nights.
GG sounds like you are going to be advancing up the cooperate ladder at work in a few months. Glad you had a nice weekend with dh and friends.
Hanna lol about your shopping trip. Can't believe that your dh had a problem with you spending an extra $350. Just kidding. So have you made your decisions yet as to what to return?
Christina, glad that the new job and things with Dominic are going so well. Sounds like he is doing fine in his treatment. How much longer does he have to go?
Shelia how is your dd doing? Things going a little smoothier at home for your family? How is volleyball?
Michelle sending you hugs and hope this week goes better for you.
Hi to everyone else. Hope your week is off to a good start.
Things are going okay with me. Dh and I fought Saturday and Sunday about a few different things. Had to bring up my weight again. He told me that he had noticed that I had started to pack on some more weight. So I told him that maybe I had put on some weight but he could support me some more. Then in the next breathe he is like do you want Pizza for lunch. I just don't understand men at times. Well need to get back to work. I will try harder to check in with you all more often.
Have a great afternoon!
Kerry

LBH 10-22-2007 12:27 PM

Kerry, :tantrum: DH's...they just don't get it!! Yes, had a nice visit with the family. Was disappointed that my brother and his family didn't show. Moreso because my cousin's DD was the only girl there, with her brother and my 2 boys. She was soo looking forward to seeing my neice. So was I, I haven't seen my neice and nephew in months! They're 10 & 13 and have busy schedules now with school and sports and friends.

happy2be 10-22-2007 12:29 PM

hi every one !
We are in souther California.
just a quick post before I turn off my computer, we are evacuating the neighborhood, we can see the fires on the other side of the hill, I am terrified. We have everything important packed.
OK DH is ready to unplug my computer.
See you when i can get back to it.
Hanna

ChrissyBean 10-22-2007 01:28 PM

Hi everyone! I'm a noob. Nothing major to report that's relevant. I'm at work from 1-9 tonight, so I will be on my best behaviour, eating-wise. I had a sort of iffy weekend 'cause I baked cookies with the offsprings y'day. I think I ended up eating a total of 4 cookies, but that's it for me now. They're safely sealed in a Ziploc bag and they'll probably be all gone by next week. I'm going to have to start making cookies *I* don't like so I won't be tempted (I'm baking in the first place to avoid putting SO many processed foods in the kids' lunches. Ugh. Easier said than done)

sheila1971 10-22-2007 01:57 PM

Be safe Hannah I am praying for you and your family I was worried about you guys out there.

lois lane 10-22-2007 03:09 PM

Hanna, OH my that is crazy. I will be thinking of you today and praying the fires don't blow to your home!!!

Shiela, sorry about DS. Geez I remember being young and thinking I knew it all. I hope he comes around soon. Maybe before Jan...

Kerry, glad to see you back. My DH wouldn't dare mention my weight. He'd get the evil eye. Of couse he's put some weight on himself.

Joan, the teacher's must love having such a dedicated parent. It really makes such a difference. The only reason the haunted houses don't scare me is because I tell myself they aren't real. For example, real everday stuff FREAKS me out. You know those Freddy Kruger movies. I will watch those and laugh, I think they are dumb. However, movies that are thrillers will really spook me. I will lay in bed and hear a noise and will hide under my covers, LOL.

Well I invited a neighbor to go walking with me. I would rather go after dinner, she wants to go before. So we are gonna go at 4. Which is still good. Hopefully I can get DS's homework done before then. Oh, and DH is leaving on Monday.

Chat later,
Alicia