John, I hear ya!

Hope ya'll have a great weekend.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #3  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Wow, not much going on. Wish I had exciting weekend plans. I do need to find halloween costumes for the kiddos. I may go do that tomorrow though. (It takes an hour to get to the stores)DS wants to be a Soldier, which shouldn't be to hard to find (I hope). I wanted to go to the Haunted House this weekend, we'll see. Oh, and it finally rained. I don't think we have had a good rain in well over a month. Now the roads aren't so bad, so I may go for a walk today.

Wanted to ask you guys about the craigslist. Do you ship the items or do the people just come and pick up? Does it cost you anything to sell something? I have a smooth cooktop, double oven and a fireplace insert. All of which I would like to sell if we move.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Alicia- You may want to check the goodwill stores I heard an ad on the radio that they had all kinds of costumes. An I doubt you could find cheaper lol.

Never used craigslist

I'm so bored I finished everything by noon and I've even washed the truck lol.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi, hopping in quick, been a busy day! (few days!)

Alicia, craigslist is just an online classified. It is completely free to post or respond. I guess if it's something small, you could offer to ship it. I think for most things though, you have them come p/u. Go there and you'll see they have it divided up by state, then by region. Like for NJ, they have North Jersey, Central Jersey, South Jersey and NY Metro.

Have tons to do today! My Aunt and Uncle from AZ are coming over tomorrow, along with most of the rest of the family! Should be interesting since we have to clean the house and make it look presentable in it's current state. I'm half temtped to call MIL!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:09 PM   #6  

Happy Saturday! DD is napping and my chili is crock-potting. DH is off today so I took advantage of it and got in a morning workout at the gym. Feels good to get that out of the way!

Everyone have a great day!
amilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #7  

Good Morning!!

Had a CRAZY day yesterday. I took Bella to a b-day party. It was at a ceramics place. Each kid got to pick something out and paint it. Bell got a unicorn and went to town. She made it sort of rainbow colored orange pink purple and blue. I guess I never understood how much of a control freak I truely am. It physically pained me for her to paint in clashing colors. Was very hard to watch.... I know...I have issues....

Also, didnt eat the greatest. I think with wine and cheese I am talking about 1800 day. eeek!! TG I didnt see a gain in the scale!! Maybe tomorrow tho...

When I came home, DH had cleaned the whole house top to bottom and was doing laundry. I guess someone was feeling a little guilty (we have been bickering a little lately)... I was so happy though. Its nice to see him doing stuff like that.

Well, I am off...gonna go help Bel clean her room and get everything in order. I am making a dinner for my mom and step dad today. Im thinking of roasted chicken and maybe a ww pumpkin cheesecake for dessert...yummy!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Morning all!!

I have done did it now. Its been a stressful few weeks and I haven't been eating the best or working out like I should. So I went to see what the damage was on the scale. I'm 329.0 !! I was dancing in the kitchen. People have been telling me how good I look but most of them hadn't seen me in months but I'd also been having issues with pants and then becoming baggy. Well I guess I know why now. lol

I had be stuck at 331 for a while had even gone back up to 335 so this was a total shock.

Just wanted to share.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Big John ~ this is excellent news! Good for you. Slow and steady wins the race so keep doing what you're doing in making small changes. LOL at your "issues with pants" comment. Yeah, I've got issues with my pants too... they're too freakin' big!!!

Laurie ~ you are too funny... "I have issues." Hey, at least you admit to them;-). I let the kids decorate things any which way they please. Somehow though it mysteriously "disappears" within a week or two. The funny thing is that they never seem to notice! Sure sign that they have more than enough stuff.

Lauren ~ sounds like you have one heck of a fine MIL. I love mine too but there is no way that she'd come clean for me. Enjoy your company.

Hi Lisa ~ how's life treating you?

Hi Amy ~ welcome! It's always nice to have new people join us.

Lois ~ So, is it official... are you definitely moving with DH? My heart goes out to you sweetheart. I'm sorry that you're going to have to put finishing college on hold. Everything does happen for a reason though so hang in there. Big hug to you...

I had a great day yesterday with my mom and two sisters. We did some shopping and went out to lunch together. I was a little apprehensive as my sisters are wonderful women and I love them dearly, however, a little bit goes a long way. One is super religious but, thankfully, she was in great form yesterday. My mom must have had a talk with her beforehand as she stayed off her pulpit for the entire afternoon. Today is a busy day with company coming for dinner so I better get busy. Hope that everyone is having a great weekend ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!
John that is awesome, I am glad you are having those kind of issues w/your pants, I bet you want those issues to continue LOL.Good for you!!!

Hi Lisa!

Alicia I have never used Craigs list, I like using Ebay and you can put on your auction for pick up only, Ebay those have fees, I hear great things about Craigs list, and from what I understand it is very easy. Let us know how you do. Sounds like you are considering moving?

Lauren you are bless w/such a great mother in law! enjoy your company!

Laurie what a good husband, sorry you have been bickering, try to make up! the cheese and wine sound really good. Are you still working out a lot?

Joan you have a great family too, how nice you all get together.

We are having a very quiet weekend, yesterday DH went to work for a little while, when he came home I went to pick up the mail and there was a refund check in, I was very excited as I was not expecting it at all, it was for $400 so I told DH I was going to go shopping and use that money, he said it was OK, so I left for a few hours, I came back home and DH asked how was the shopping trip, so I showed him what I got, which was not really much, everything is so expensive, so he looks at the stuff, he didn't like a couple of things I got and he asked how much I spent, I told him I had no idea, so he asked me to add it all up and figure out how much I did spend, well for my surprise I sent a little more than the $400 it has actually come to $750, he asked me to look at the stuff I got and decide what I was going to keep to ad to $400 and return $350 in stuff, I was pissed, but I guess he is right, now I have to think what I am taking back, I was hoping that today he would say just don't worry about it and keep it all, but he has not said a word and Iam not going to bring it up either, I kind of think he is right (don't want to tell him that lol) So I don't know if I am going to go out today to do some returns or not, Sean is out playing w/the neighbors and we are keeping a good eye on him, he is doing fine like nothing every happened, Michael and I are really not OK at all, we are pretty scared, every time I close my eyes I the whole thing plays in my head like a bad movie. I am terrified still. I did throw away all the Benadryl I had in the house, I flushed it actually.
Eating, well I am still not eating much, I can't keep anything down still, I eat a small amount and within 30 minutes I am in the bathroom I know TMI! sorry.
I weight myself this am and I am down to 114 which was originally my goal, but I know once I start eating better and be able to keep food in, I am going to gain a little bit again. So I know this is just temporary as it has not been the healthiest way of loosing any weight.

well I got to go downstairs DH is calling me.

See you guys later.

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey guy..i had a great weekend...although ate bad. Went up friday to visit some friends in greenville sc (about 2.5hrs away) friday pm we ate at this killer mediterranian place. I had the worlds best Falafela (sp?) and sat we went to the Eurocarfest at the bmw plant. There were some really cool cars there. Dh did decide to enter his M3. He had lots of people talking to him..his m3 is a model that they only did a few years of the style (89-92 i think) and most people loved that style...so the car is actually quite hard to find. So we had people asking us all about it It was a great day and the weather was absolutely beautiful so that made it nice. Then sat pm we went out with some friends to the wonderful indian resturant and has a great meal. We then got up early this am since i had to be at work at 10. But it was a fun weekend. work was ok...sort of slow but then got really busy at the very end.

BJ_ congrats on the weight loss. Good job.

Laurie = are you stepping on the scale daily again..shame on you lol

goddess..hang in there

hannah - sorry ou are so stressed...and yes shopping does make you feel better...but YIKES 750 $ damn girl you have expensive taste LMAO. J/k. i do think with all the crap you have gone through a little pampering is nice.

hey to all the newbies.

hope everyone is having a great weekend!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

John, congrats on the loss, it does seem to shock you when you are least expecting it, huh? Oh, stopped by the Goodwill today for costumes and they are closed on Sundays.

Laurie, I took my 4 year old niece to Paint Ceramics when she visited me this spring. Her cupcake turned out black and brown. It was hard for me too. Of course I didn't care for my SIL's either.

Hanna, 750 oh my. What did you buy? DH is not good at watching his $$$ Just this weekend he wanted to buy a GPS for my car. I was like "HELLO, you don't have a job right now" I could hear him pouting over the phone. LOL Then he said something to me for buying $20 Jeans. UM, not the same thing. Plus I need clothes to wear to work. Was Sean taking Benadryll when he went unconcious? I would be scared too for a while.

Joan, glad to hear you had a good lunch with your family. Nothing is official until I'm in the car and my stuff is in the truck, LOL.

Lauren, how was your day with your company. Did you get everything in order for the visit?

HEY! To everyone else.

Well, I had a very nice weekend. The weather was BEAUTIFUL. Went to a Haunted House. They do not scare me at all, actually I find them funny. DS freaked out though before we got to the door. A little boy came up to him and told him he didn't have to go in. Then the little boy sat on the porch w/him until we were done. Today we went to a flea market then to dinner. We live in the mountains and the Fall foilage is just beautiful. It is in its peak right now. So the drive was so enjoyable.

Well when I weighed in the other day I had lost over 3lbs since the following week. I was so excited. I did really well last week. I hope I didn't ruin it all today. We went to eat at the Golden Corral and I didn't eat well there. Hopefully, I will get back on track tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote