Old 10-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something Daily Chat: Monday, Oct.15

Morning all...guess I'm on here first. In a hurry, though. Will chat more later, but just wanted to wish everone a HAPPY MONDAY!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:21 AM   #2  

Hi All!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:56 AM   #3  
Rapid Cart-wheels

S/C/G: 213/200/180

Height: 5'8

Good Morning all.
kelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Gals (and guys),

MIL will be here any minute to watch my 4 year old while I head over to the school for DS's IEP. I'd like for DH to go with me but he's too busy at work this morning. I like having an extra set of ears present as he picks up on things that I don't. So, I guess that I'll be takinga pen and pad of paper... Hope that everyone has an excellent Monday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:42 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

today. It's cold in my office today so I have my jacket on, which is one of those fleece zip up ones...nice and comfy cozy. Would love to just put my head down on the desk and go to sleep.

Kerri, sorry to hear things are not working out there. Tell me again, why is it that you want to move away from AZ?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #6  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning all i did good this weekend i got a pair of running shoes the nike shocks plus im soo happy i needed them my knee's were killing me I GOT TO TALK TO DH FOR OVER AN HOUR wooooo hoooooo thats unheard of in basic before it was 10 to 15 mins it was a good call i miss him so
and yes angel got out the next morning we were both very happy
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:10 PM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Afternoon all! Wow, we are all busy today. We had a nice quiet weekend but we spent way too much money. A lot of things are breaking around the house and we are having to replace them. Do you know how much a metal garbage can for the kitchen costs? $70!! And that was the cheapest one we could find. Ugh.

OK, the dryer is calling me. Back later.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

HI everyone!

Today I have a busy day.
I already went to the gym, I'm happy it is out of the way!!!
Got to run
Have a great MONDAY~

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:46 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!!!

Well, just got all my cleaning done. Had to clean out the basement...getting rid of a bunch of toys. I love doing that!!!

So, my Philadelphia Eagles won yesterday, which was awesome!!! The only problem was that I drank a lot of beer, and had hot wings & dip . Oh, well, I usually give myself the weekends to have some junk (not usually that much, though!!), we had a fire pit after the game with our friends, and the kids all had a lot of fun. It was a really good weekend!

Joan...hope everything went well at school today.

Michelle, glad your dd got out. Hope it all works out okay.

Hanna...yay for you on going to the Gym!!! I didn't get my usual morning workout in today (too tired)_ but will do one tonight & get back on tomorrow AM for sure.

Okay, so I haven't lost any weight yet...been working out like crazy with THE FIRM for 8 weeks. BUT...this weekend I noticed a difference in the way my pants are fitting. My DH said my behind is getting firm & lifted, and (may be TMI) I tried on a pair of brazilian panties that I bought about two months ago as incentive, and they looked awesome!!!! woohoo!!! So, I know I 'm on the right track. Will keep it up & hopefully the weight will shift too. It's been two weeks since the Dr., so maybe the hormones are beginning to wear off. We'll see..

Well,, anyone else I didn't mention, hope you are all well. Have a wonderful evening. I'm off to fold some laundry!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:13 PM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Man has it been slow here.

Joan what is an IEP? I've herard it mentioned here a few times...

Well, I worked out for about 15 minutes before work today. I would like to get a walk in this evening...we're having really nice weather. However, they just laid more dirt on our dirt road and it is very dusty. I'll see.

Talk later,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:22 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Alicia, An IEP is an Individual Education Plan, for kids with special needs in school. We have an IFSP right now for Robby, an Individual Family Services Plan. That will switch over to an IEP when he turns 3.

Um, Pam, what are Brazilian panties...dare I ask?

Karen, Yeah, those metal ones are really expensive! That's a really good price! I gave up and bought one for around 10 bucks at Lowes last week. Just a plain white one with at lid that pops open. I like it, but I wish they had it in black to blend in with the rest of the kitchen.

Michelle, that's great that you and DH got to talk that long! Is he still happy with his decision? Glad Angel is home!

Joan, How'd the meeting go? We had an initial IEP mtg. Friday. Had I known it was just a mtg. to discuss what they were going to evaluate, I wouldn't have brought the boys. They were wild men!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

The meeting went really well. They're actually going to give him more services than he had at the old school. I am sooooo happy with this new school! What a relief...

Brazlian panties... thong??? I can't remember the last time that I looked at myself in a pair of undies and thought, "damn!" Good for you Pam!!! Keep up the good work.

Our new family room furniture was supposed to be here this month but the store called last week to say that it won't be in until mid-November now. Bummer. It's not a big deal it's just that I'm super excited about it. We have a fireplace in that room and I can't wait to see the new stuff in there.

Time to do a few things before picking up the big kids. I've done really well with eating today and plan on taking an extra long walk tonight. Hope that everyone is having a good Monday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:38 PM   #13  

Sooo.....I do this monthly shopping thing where I stock up on all our meats and staples for the month. A grocery store near me had a HUGE sale and I got the smart ones frozen dinners for 99 cents and chicken for 1.65 per pound. I bought about 20 lbs of chicken and about 80 frozen dinners. People in front of me and in back were all laughing with me. I did look like kindof a nut. I did get one compliment though...the lady in front of me said...oh you must be a student. YAY!! At 32 I can still be thought of as a coed!!!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:03 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

I am soo tired tonight. I was supposed to work from 8 - 11, but they asked me to stay until 5:15. I was doing stock work lifting heavy stuff and almost broke out in a sweat ~ then to swich gears and ring out customers. There were times that my area was dead, which always makes me more tired.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:43 PM   #15  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Back from all my worldly adventures. *sarcasm* You'll hear me say nothing about vacation unless I'm talking about the 169 days I have to lose most of this belly. *sighs* I'm already thinking that 40 lbs in that amount of time is almost impossible. Talk about a defeatist attitude.

Mom came back with DW and I and is spending the week with us (My DW actually likes her MIL. ) so we'll see how much of my routine I can get back into. I do have to get out and get a new battery for my digital scale - hard to know if you're dropping pounds if you're not checking your weight. Aside from the obvious tightening/loosening of one's belt.

Here we go again.

Oh - and for those who asked (recently and before):
I got my DW a pewter silver pendant (some kind of funky heart pattern) for our anniversary. Not expensive jewellery, but she seems to like it.

:Lawrence
Rooster.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote