3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Something's Daily Chat: TGIF, October 12th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/124856-30-somethings-daily-chat-tgif-october-12th.html)

RXZephyr 10-12-2007 05:56 AM

30 Something's Daily Chat: TGIF, October 12th

I wonder if people on vacation are allowed to start threads. :p

After this, I'll have to see about getting back into my routine. Oh yeah, and buying a new battery for my scale. :?: I'm not going to fall totally off the bandwagon this time. No way, no how.

Headed to my folks' place today for a 4 day weekend (yay for 4 hour drives with screeching cats in the car) to make sure that my DW gets to my sister's baby shower. I can't tell you how much I am NOT looking forward to the drive. I know, I know....whine, whine, whine.

Bathroom reno plans are going well. We're almost totally ironed out with what we're getting done and then the work contract will be drawn up, work scheduled and deposit put down. Kinda exciting, but still really stressful.

A couple of topics that I have brought up before but I don't think I ever followed up on. Even when asked. I'm such a bad man. :o

1. My DW-planned anniversary weekend away was nice as it usually was. Just too short. Weather was wonderful for the outdoor hottub and the in-room wood fireplace with breakfast was just heavenly. Yep - we'll be back (again) next year.

2. My stressful eye exam went well. Waiting on a trial pair of contacts to come in - supposed to be this week, but haven't heard from the optometrist. My luck they'll come in today while I'm out of town. Oh well, I'll just have to wait for a little bit longer I guess.

And some personal messages for a change - not feeling totally lazy today. :p

Michelle - Why do they feel it necessary to give you such a hard time? Oh wait. I know. You must look like a terrorist. *sarcasm* I just don't get the rivalries between the different millitary branches, the same way I don't get the rivalries between different emergency services (i.e. police, fire) either. People are stupid animals. Hope today goes better for you. :hug: And congrats on sticking to your workout plans.

Molly - Hey there stranger. Good to have you back. :D

:wave: to Lauren, Laurie, Lisa, GG, Hanna, Alicia, John, Pam, and everyone else I forgotted. (MO appears to be MIA again.)

:Lawrence
Rooster.

laurie2275 10-12-2007 07:32 AM

I second Roo, Michelle. I know with a day like that, I would have gotten in my car and cried my eyes out. I DONT think I would have gone right in a worked out. Give yourself a BIG pat of the back for being so strong!!!

Well, Im in a yucky mood today. Weather is grey and drizzling. I have 11 cases of wine to go pick up. Bella has a temp and tummy ache (a flu?) and DH has a big presentation at work so cant help. I think Im coming down with what DD has. My car is acting funny so Im going to need to borrow my stepdads. Just feeling stressed and down a little.

I am not sure what else to say. Hope everyone has a much better Friday than I am having so far...

GatorgalstuckinGA 10-12-2007 07:39 AM

wow sounds like everyone needs a big hug. this week is almost over...and roo you are def allow to start a thred....even if you are on vacation for the umpteeth time LOL. Hope everyone's day gets better. I'm sore from running yesterday...which iis a good thing. Other than than..nothing exciting...just trying to get motivated to get moving to get ready for work...the cooler weather's hit and i've so lost any motivation. must have more coffee!

Outland 10-12-2007 08:48 AM

Pam- Actually I work on revenue and access control system(think cash registers and key cards) with a degree in electronics lol.

However I'm a jack of all trades for the company I work for. I do everything from concert to blacktop to drywall to plumbing to HVAC to carpet to snow plowing to electrical to Overhead doors to locks and safety. I have 100 hours of MSDS training for different types chemicals so I can mix them with out killing myself lol. I can drive several types of fork lifts and up to a 5 ton dump truck, varies truck and trailer combinations, sweepers and scrubbers machines.

An i work on cars for fun lol

See my dad's a master is HVAC, my one uncle is a master plumber my other uncle is a master electrician. Growing up my family fixed thing themselves and I would sit and watch and listen and I picked it up. During high school I did half day trade school where took a course that exposed you to everything and another year I took carpentry and blue print reading. I can also do some auto CAD as well.

I rarely come home clean.

Home everyone has a great friday!

mamabear272 10-12-2007 11:27 AM

Hi there. Just checking in. Trying to not fall off the posting wagon again. Eating yesterday was right on! I even made it to the gym. Not today though. The man woke up at 5 am telling me that he had a boo boo in his ear...yuk. He had a fever. I gave him some Tylenol and he's been fine ever since so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's nothing. He says it doesn't hurt now so we're good.

Have a great day everyone!

707Goddess 10-12-2007 11:55 AM

OK NOT UNDERSTANDING i work out 2 weeks in a row (running/walking) and following diet AND I QUIT DRINKING today was weigh in and i GAINED a pound NOW i know it's been about 3 years so im building muscle im gonna keep trucking along and hope for inches or weight loss next week it was just such a bummer SIGH

KarenK 10-12-2007 12:43 PM

Hello all. I had my doctor's visit yesterday and things are looking good. My chol is down to 207 from 249 and my sugars are 5.something. My thyroid is still low so he doubled my med. We will see how it goes now.

We picked up our last batch of veggies from the farm today. I'm glad that it is over. It was more of a pain than I thought it would be. Oh well, live and learn. At least I found another veggie that DH will eat-Kale (of all things!).

Michelle: I'm sorry things have been so rough for you lately. At least you are being strong and not using it as an exscuse not to work out or to drink!

Hanna: You are good people for helping out your friend and your ILs even though you are feeling bad!

Molly: Glad to hear that the ear boo boo went away. I hate it when the little ones are sick.

John: You are one handy guy! My DH can handle any electronic thing that comes along (we have some cool TV things in our house) but forget anything else that needs fixing. We have the handyman on speed dial!

Roo: enjoy the rest of your vacation. Hope the contacts come in soon.

:wave: to everyone I missed!

Outland 10-12-2007 03:11 PM

Kale is awesome!

pmasci 10-12-2007 04:09 PM

Kale is awesome, but I don't know how to cook it!!

Hey all, sounds like everyone's looking forward to the weekend...We are going to "The Great Pocono Pumpkin Fest" tomorrow with the kiddos, so that should be lots of fun. Looks like it's going to be good weather!

John, it's great that you can fix stuff. I have to say, my DH built our whole basement by himself, including electric & everything, so I know how cool it is to have a handy person around. All my girlfriends are jealous. You are going to make some girl very happy with all your talents!

Hope everyone has a super weekend. Will try to check in...right now I have DH & DS both talking at me , gotta go!!!

Pam

KarenK 10-12-2007 04:49 PM

Pam: Kale is so easy! Saute a red pepper in a little olive oil, add the kale and cook about 5 min. Add some chicken broth and cook another five min. Add some brown rice and eat. Yum! You can add whatever you want for flavorings...onion, garlic, etc.

lois lane 10-12-2007 07:21 PM

I think I tried to make Kale once before and it didn't turn out well at all.

Roo, I think we all wanted to know what gift you decided on for DW???

Joan, how was your eye exam? Have you decided on the laser surgery.

Lisa, I have never heard of the store you work at. It is clothing, correct?

Well here's the strange thing, now don't get me wrong, it's not a complaint. Okay I've been weighing in on Fridays. So last week I gained 2 lbs. Then today I lost 4+ lbs. All I have really done this week is work out one day as oppossed to 0 days last week. I have tried to limit my portions, but have eaten some really sinful foods. I am just hoping next Friday I don't gain like 6 lbs or something.

Don't have any plans. However DS is spending the night w/a friend. If DD does also maybe we'll go out.

I hope everyone has a SUPER weekend!
Alicia

newFannie07 10-12-2007 09:20 PM

Just a quick hello. The place I'm staying hasn't had internet for a while now. And I have been told to find a new place to live within 2 weeks or so. Long, long story. I have to get a 2nd job to afford it. I have hardly slept or ate all week (this ultimatum was given to me Wed. But the "crap" started on Sun).

Hope everyone else is doing well. And at least fall has finally arrived. I can be grateful for that.

Kerri

GatorgalstuckinGA 10-12-2007 09:58 PM

hey all..very worn out..long day at work and then came home and we're getting ready for our garage sale tomorrow.

Fannie - hope things work out..
michelle- hang in there if you are working out so hard..youre prob building muscle...i highly recommend also getting measurements to help when u aren't loosing

hey to everyone else...off to catch some zzzz's got to get up early tomorrow