3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Somethings Daily Chat Tues. Sept.18th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/123067-30-somethings-daily-chat-tues-sept-18th.html)

KAR73 09-18-2007 07:24 AM

30 Somethings Daily Chat Tues. Sept.18th

Morning Everyone,
Just a quick note before heading out the door for work. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Welcome PopWarnerMom! Just jump in anywhere you want to. We are a fun-loving, supportive little family here.
Alicia, glad things are going well at home for you all. Glad to hear from you.
Hi to everyone else. Must put on happy face and deal with middle school students all day long. Talk to you all later.
Kerry

GatorgalstuckinGA 09-18-2007 07:40 AM

morning all...welcome popwarner.

well for me...a bit frustrated. Gained 2 lbs this week??? not really sure. I'm wondering if im gaining muscle. I also know that i had 2 off days this week...so that could be it. I also know that i haven't been the greatest at logging my intake daily. So from now on, I will log everything..to ensure i'm eating the right amount of calories. I'm just a little annoyed since i've been doing so good. I wasn't expecting a loss...i was hoping to hold steady. But its frustrating for it to be a 2lb gain. Oh well back to the drawing board. I do need to take measurements because i know i've lost some there. So at least that keeps me positive.

hope everone has a beautiful day. Time for work!

Outland 09-18-2007 08:13 AM

Morning all!!:):):)

Hi Popwarnermom and welcome. I would say if your lookin for a starting point to lose weight then its time to step away from Dukin expect for the coffee. Get yourself one of them coolers you can plug into you car outlet and pack you food for the night. Then either take the kids for a walk each day or pop in a workout video during nap time.

I ate a 20oz burger last night the thing was huge. I'll never order another one tho.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day to day and GIT-R-DONE:carrot::carrot::carrot: cause if you ain't sweating you ain't working hrd enough :D

laurie2275 09-18-2007 10:27 AM

Hi all. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was awful (as you can imagine) but enuf of that. Im here for weight loss support not to involve you all in my troubles. I am gonna try not to think about everything during the days. Its hard enough at night.

So, took the kids this weekend to climb a mountain. Had a backpack for Sophie so we managed ok. We only did 2 miles but I was VERY tired after. I did my working out bit but have not eaten much.

Welcome Popwarnermom! I am from NH so you will be the other New Englander. This place is really keeping me on track. I know you will love it.

GG : With all the walking and working out you have done, Im sure its muscle. I bet you will see it in inches. I lost 3 lbs last week but 4 inches total. 1 each off thighs, hips and waist. So that was good.

Hanna: How are you doing? I hope not sick!!

Joan: I know what its like moving and not having friends yet. We moved here 3 years ago and I just dont have many close friends. The friends I have are single with no children and they just dont get it. I had a huge group in AZ and miss them (still talk all the time through Yahoo mess tho). I am really trying and meet some nice people through the shop but they are customers, ya know?

I wanna thank you all so much for all the support. I am trying to be strong now though. I am not much of a crier and these past days have been ****. Im just going to hold strong though. As hard as it is, I just know we cant do it. I love her so much. If I did not have another child, we would do this. I just am looking back and realizing how much I have made Bella give in to Sophies tantrums (sometimes 20-30 a day). Its was better to keep her happy than to do what is fair. I also realize that at the end of the day, I am not doing as much with Belle as I should. I dont have the energy to deal with the screaming while I help Bell with letters and numbers or color or do workbooks, read, etc. so we just do this when Sophie is asleep. If you told me a year ago that someone at 19 months could have attachment problems, I would probably think you are crazy. We have had Soph for a little over a year and still no and I mean really no eye contact. Very few smiles, lots of screaming fits, hitting, continual defiant behaviors (like I might tell her not to touch something several times and the second my back is turned this is the thing she wants- never ever learns), very few words, etc. Mark and I have tried holding her, bottle feeding her for months after she was ready for a sippy, co showering, I wear the same lotion as her so we have the same smell, I rock her. I have done everything I can think to do. We had a psychologist tell us that they would not give a diagnosis for a few years and we just cant afford to wait that long. My caregiver, Sandy, truly is an expert and if she is telling us she would not adopt, I have to think, how can we? I mean she is earth mother, open arms, Mark and I are just normal parents. I dont know what caused this. Soph was born with heroin, cocaine, and meth in her system, she was abandoned at the hospital for the first 2 months and only had nurses to hold her (no bonding), she was a premmie, when the foster mum took her home the doctor wanted her to keep her in a room by herself (away from other children) - did not want her over stimulated. Since foster mum had 5 other kids, Im wondering how much time was she held? I dont know answers. I just know that the facts are she will not bond with us. Unless she gets specialized help- and maybe even with it, she may never bond with a parent. If you research RAD behaviors and see what these kids put their families through, you would be amazed. I just cant do it, no matter how much I love Sophie, do that to our family. So, they should be taking her in a week or so. It will be hard. I think Im going to go to Florida for a week to see my Gram and just sit by the ocean.

Well, talk to you all soon.

LBH 09-18-2007 10:53 AM

Hi All,

Laurie, I'm soo sorry about all you're going through. :hug: I feel soo sorry for Sophie too. I truly hope they find a family for her, maybe a couple with no other children, so that they can spend all their time with her. I just can't imagine how "alone" she must feel inside, even though she's getting soo much love from you guys.

John, WTH man?? Drunk and a 20oz. burger??! What were you thinking?!

GG, bummer. :( Hope it's muscle though!!

Pop, :welcome2: Glad to have you, jump right in!!

New job is going OK, a little slow, but that won't last once they figure out I'm capable of doing stuff! :lol: May have another interview for a perm job I sent my resume to last week. Got an e/m from them last evening requesting my salary requirements and mentioning a possible phone interview or in person meeting. :crossed:

sheila1971 09-18-2007 11:36 AM

Laurie: My heart goes out to you and your family. I just can't imagine how you must feel, but I also have to tell you what a wonderful parent you are to have seen what was happening with Belle and that she is not getting as much as she needs. Way to go mom!! I do feel so sorry for Sophie. What is sad is that there is probably nothing she can really do for it. I totally understand your decision, and I hope with all my heart it gets easier for you and your husband. Good luck!!

John: So was the burger tasty?

Lauren: Hope you get a perm job!! I bet that will make life easier.

GG: I bet it is muscle and who knows maybe next week when you weight you will have lost three pounds. Keep it up girl!!!

Kerry: Uggh middle school kids doesn't even sound fun today!

Did my volleyball game last night. We lost by two points. I was so darn mad. Oh well. DH is like why do you have to leave so early well I didn't have schedules or anything for the players. Then I get home and he is like hmmm back to being a major butt licker. I think he got the hint!! He called today at 6:00 what are ya doing? Getting ready for work. He can't be nice here because it is so early in the morning but he can call and be just mr. wonderful. WTF is up with that, you would think I would be used to it by now.

I ate peanut butter cup cake yesterday blew my diet to **** for a day so I am back on track. crap one piece of cake is 12 points. NUTS!!

Have a great day everyone

SlimPossible 09-18-2007 12:10 PM

Good Morning everyone!

Couldn't post yesterday because my lil one was home sick so we laid around all day together and snuggled! She is better today though! Isn't it amazing how kids bounce back and when we're sick we are walking around like zombies for days???!!! Ya miss me??? HA!!! ;)

You guys were busy bees yesterday! Weclome JEN and POPWARNER MOM!!! :hug:

Sheila don't worry about the PB cake! It's ok to blow it once in awhile! I did over the weekend with Chinese food - the gooey, fried oh so bad for you kind!
Bummer about VB ball - kick butt next game! :)

GG don't worry - you are such a go-getter you will get it right back off but it probably is part muscle and water!!!! :hug:

Laurie
So sorry you are going through such a bad time..... All of our thoughts are with you and you will get through this! :hug:

Hello everyone else! Alicia, John (Burger man!!!! ;) just kidding - sounded yummy!), Lisa, Lauren, MO, Joan, Bluey, Hanna, Kerry, Roo, Reality MOM, and everyone else! Happy Tuesday!!!!!

Blueyedblond 09-18-2007 02:29 PM

Hey everyone! Well today is going to be spent waiting for that phone call!!! Ugh I really hope they call - We have eaten macaroni and cheese for dinner 2 days in a row and I have been skipping breakfasts and lunchs (I know very bad for dieting nad metabolism) because we have no money for groceries - I think this is the first time in my life that I have ever been this broke. I'm actually scared. Oh please let me get this call today!

Laurie - Im so sorry you are going through such a tough time. I could not do it either - you may be having a hard time with this - but it is probably the right ith the decision. I agree with what Lauren said - that she could be better with a family who has no other children. You will get thought this - it will just take time.

GG - If you have lost inches I would not stress the 2 pound gain at all - you are still getting SMALLER!!!!! I think I would jump up and down at inches lost more that I would pounds lost ;)

KAR - Have a great day!!!

John - 20 oz burger - ughhh! that is more that a pound - i wonder how many calories THAT was ;)

Sheila - don't you have those alotted points that you can use however you want throughout the week along with your daily points? I dont think you messed it up too bad - just stay on track the rest of the week.

Lauren - Wherever you end up working I hope you like it. I know what you mean about being busy once your employer figures how much and what you can actually do - that usually happens on all my jobs and I end up underpaid.

Slim - Kids are like that huh? My DD will sometime feel better before the day is even over.

LesliesMom 09-18-2007 02:50 PM

Hi Everyone!!

I love how real everyone is on here. Makes me realize my life is normal. I am not alone!!

i just need about 4 more hours added to the day, anyone got any suggestions?

Angie

Dragonfly13 09-18-2007 03:36 PM

Hi everyone, not sure how your group works but would love to join. Can anyone give me the scoop? I've been here before and had some success, made it about halfway to my goal. Then kind of went off track and didn't make the time for myself. I went through a few years of infertility so I gained back with emotional eating. Happy to say with a little help I now have a wonderful 2 month old bo. However I also have the extra weight I had before pregnancy plus the weight I gained during the pregnancy. Really wanting to get on track again and I know this is a great place to be!

Blueyedblond 09-18-2007 03:50 PM

Welcome Dragonfy!! Just jump in and join! This is a wonderful group ;)

Well everyone I have something I need some input on. I love scrapbooking. I have decided to start a scrapbook about my daughter from the day she was born. I have scrapbooked her quite a bit so far - but I have not done her baby years. Im nervouse about putting a book together with too many pictures of her dad - (I am obviously not with him anymore) So you all think my bf would be bothered with this? I mean maybe I should just ask him if it would bother him - and in that case I could just the pics of her, I just feel wierd about it. I am probably being silly about it but I can't help but wonder about it.

Pretty Vision 09-18-2007 04:32 PM

Hello everybody!!

I'm terribly new here, still finding my way around! I'm a 30 year old girl from Northshore MA, who's looking for some good friends and support during my struggle! I finally decided to lose the weight i've slowly been putting on for years and years, after I found an old pic of myself, in my 20's. When I looked at the picture and didn't realize at first that it was ME??? I knew I had to do somethin!! I have appox 70 pounds to lose and man! It seems like a LOT!

More than weight loss however, I am on the road to loving myself as I am, and working towards total positive thinking about myself and my life :)

I'm happy to have found this place :) I hope I get to know you all soon!

SlimPossible 09-18-2007 04:53 PM

Hey hey PrettyVision and Dragonfly!!!!! :welcome:

Blue!
Do not be silly! My honey is not my daughters father either and I am not his son's mother but we are a family regardless. His son has pics of his mom in his room and my daughter has pics of her dad in her room.
The scrapbooks are not about your boyfriend.... They are about your daughter! Your boyfriend can be incorporated in the years he has been involved with her but I do NOT think you should leave out photos of her and her father at all! This is something that long after you are gone, she will pull out and show to her children.... it is HER history! My honey even helped me make a digital movie from pics for my daughters father last year for Fathers Day (all pics of my daughter and her dad). Don't do it Bluey Blue! Her dad will always her dad.........
My honey is more of a dad to my angel than her "dad" but ya know he never tries to take that place and she has a special love for her real dad that will never be replaced even though I am not fond of him LOL! :hug:

Angie - if I could give ya more hours for your day I would steal em' back for myself! LOL I hear ya! What is 8 hours of sleep anyway??????

mjoste 09-18-2007 06:26 PM

Good Evening Dahlings! I know, another late post...rough day @ work and I'm going nuts...I have sooo much stuff to do and I'm pooped...thyroid meds not strong enough.....poor Vittori. I haven't cleaned her tank in a loooong time.

GG-I'm a horrible hamster mom, just say it! :( BTW you beautiful chicka...it's just muscle dawg, don'tcha worry!

Big John: WTF dude? NOOOOOOOOOOOO MOOOOOOREEEEE eating big arse burgers like that...now, if there was a hot naked mama decked out in some nurse costume packing a set of cannonballs and wearing a crazy pair of off the hook snakeskin boots with fishnets feeding you that sheeat, fine. Otherwise, let's get back on track brau!

Lisa: Just wanted to say I love ya girl! I would actually let you have the bottom half...for awhile. Hey, this girl needs to get her phreak on too, yo!

NEWBIES: :carrot::carrot::carrot: YEEEAAAA baby....hop on the train..we're riding to weight loss baby!!!

Roo: I'm still waiting for you....do ya like it when we call ya big poppa?:D

Kerry: You're just too sweet girl!!! Like...like....see....Lauren/GG/Joanster were all waiting to hear what dessert I'd come up with next. Boom, bam....played ya! How about as sweet as pie. Sorry, I'm too tired to come up with something decadent (sp?)

Hanna Nanna: How you be sweetiepie? :hug:

Sheila: Guuuuuuuuurlllll......you kill me! ;-) You and your tiny little self! xoxo Seriously, would I really have 3 guys and not tell you the juicy details? C'mon...you KNOW me girl, I'd be telling you WAY more than you'd ever ask. Phreak in the morning a phreak in the evening...yes I aaaaam.....Just talkin' smack...I got no man. :(

Ok, I really have to get my rear in gear ladies and gents....I cannot deny the needs of my DD (or should I say DH-R for Dear Hamster so it doesn't get confused with Dear Husband) any longer! LOL

Peace Out, MO

GatorgalstuckinGA 09-18-2007 09:02 PM

hey all..well work was ok today..having some employee issues. the one thing i hate about working for a cooperation..much harder to fire someone. What you ahve to do is write ups after write ups and then at their reeval tell them they are not getting their raise due to poor performance...but firing...don't think this company really believes in it. And that's for everyone's support. I know its probably muscle...just frustrating. I haven't actaully taken the first true measurement, so these will be the first...but one thing i know is some pants that didn't fit 3 wks ago do...so that's a godd thing.

bluey- hope you hear soon about the job...it sucks not to have money for food. hang in there

mo - you always have a way to make pple feel better with all your energy. so how's the meds going.

welcome prettyvision and dragonfly - just hop on in and tell us how you feel. its great we can whine and moan and not have any problems. its a place where we can just say how we are.

laurie - i can't even imagine what you are going through. but i think you are smart in watching out for you DD. It's probably wise. I know hannah's son doesn't have the same diagnosis...but i know she has days where she's barely keeping her head above water. If you know she has something that really won't allow her to attach/bond, there will never be a true relationship...and you do have to look out of DD. hang in there..and a few days at the beach is probably a great idea. hang in there sweetie...i know you are suffering and going thr a lot...jsut know we are here for you. Hugs