Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 12:11 PM   #16  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

So I'm still stuck with my slight holiday gain but I think things should be getting better now. We've officially gotten all of the "bad foods" out of the house and I've planned and shopped for my dinners for the week so I feel much better. I really would like to see a loss soon so I can get back to my pre-XMAS weight and then downward from there. We've had some trouble getting it together (which included ribs on Friday night, yuuum! - only 1/2 rack with soup, not soooo bad right???) but I think starting yesterday we're on our way. We'll see.

Lauren - we got some snow here too (probably the same weather front) but only about 2 inches so nothing going on here but a normal day at work. I don't really need the snow, it just makes driving a pain and then I have to wear boots which I actually haven't had to take out yet this year!! Sorry about your gain but it sounds like you're on the right track with the soup. I have to say, I love soup all the time but it's also great when you're trying to lose weight. It can really help fill you up with few calories as either your whole meal or part of your meal. I eat soup almost everyday. Good luck.

RR - glad to hear you and DH are doing a bit better. Go for a nice walk just don't exercise too hard (are we all broken records or what??)

Pryia - nice to see you pop in and say hi - the flu sucks except for the weight loss perk. Not the best way to do it but we'll take it right??

BFB - glad to hear you're feeling better too and I loved Bart, it gave me a good laugh on sunday morning (or whenever it was) and that was great. And my husband's the same way too. I just figure that I'll take it anyway I can get it even if I have to be happy that it was "his idea". As I've mentioned before this whole diet/healthy eating thing is soooo much easier when you do it together. You get support and no PRINGLES!! I hope he keeps it up for you.

Dani - sorry about the gain. I've also had a little trouble getting back on track since the holidays. I gained 1.5 over the holidays and it's still hanging around but each day is better than the one before so hopefully I'm on my way.

Nanci - that ttap does sound interesting and I wanted to check it out but I couldn't find the right site. Do you know the exact address? I know I never stick with anything at home (I need the gym) but I thought I'd take a look.

Elisa
Old 01-07-2002, 12:56 PM   #17  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Lauren, I am so JEALOUS of your snow day!!! I am here.. we just saw a flurrie and the kids went wild. As far as closing schools I think it depends on the school district and when the snow falls.. how quickly they can clear it.. but I'd say at least 3 inches or more.

I am really starting over today, friends. I will be on here a lot I think to keep myself going. I went to Oprah's site to get info on "Get with the Program" to get started. I signed a contract with myself to take care of me. My whole problem in a nutshell is that I eat for the wrong reasons. Ok so I am taking this hour by hour and so far so good. I am drinking lots of water and will try to really kickstart things by being really light the next few days and then leveling off into something healthy (as far as eating). I could probably live for a month on just what I have eaten in the first 6 days of the year!

Pryia, I am sorry you were sick. The loss is the only good thing to come of it.

I was reading that 3fc Jennifer and 3fc Amy are back to keeping their journals. I like to read them. I find it helpful to see progress. I am glad they are back. They got a lot of negative feedback before but I found them very helpful.

Hi Elisa, I think you have a good mindset. I think you'll be right on track in no time. Thanks for the encouragement.

RR, I was hoping if I had a snow day I could get some scrapbooking in. I want to do it so much but haven't been able to lately. I am on about June 2001 and losing time fast!

BFB, the Fat club sounds... interesting.. but more like Boot camp... I would not be weighing in in my bathing suit publicly...no way.

Ok, back to work. The kids are out of the room at this time but I have tons to do.

Hour by hour... I think I will drink some water now.

dani
Old 01-07-2002, 12:57 PM   #18  

HELLO

Lots of posts since I was on here yesterday! I am 5 days op and am thrilled about that. I'm expecting a good weigh in on Thursday. I leave on Friday - cannot let the weekend away mess me up!

Nanci - ttap sounds interesting. I'll check out the website.

Happy - sorry about the gain.

Lauren - hooray for your snow day! I've been dying for some chicken veggie soup - not the boys' favorite though - so I'll make it after they go back to school. Which is also why we had biscuits & gravy - I RARELY make it, but thought we'd have it once before they leave.

RR - glad you are feeling better and I too, think you ought to take it easy with the exercise!

BFB - first of all - a swimming "cossie" ?? Never heard that one before! I don't think that fat club sounds very nice.

Pryia - Feel better! I was worried about you. Glad to hear of the loss! I know you had your Dec 26 plan.

Elisa - sounds like you are doing it all right! Good luck. Gaining 1.5 over the holidays is not much at all - you can take it off right away.

Gotta go make lunch.

Rabbit
Old 01-07-2002, 03:38 PM   #19  
Working on Weight loss!!!

well, I opted out of the healthclub..MD said that my blood counts were low after surgery due to blood loss and I would make myself faint if I did any excercise..She said rest for a week, taking iron tabs and drinking lots of fluid and I will be ready next week..
Having a bad day mentally, but continue to scrapbook and just cover the tears with pictures
Take care
RR
Old 01-07-2002, 04:19 PM   #20  

Hello All!

Vicki, I want to say first that I am very sorry about the loss of your little angel. You & Refman are in my prayers.

Once again, I have to apologize for not coming around more often. Seems like these days I promise myself I'll check in here daily & there just never seems to be the time. So I'm not going to make any promises, I'll just pop in when I can & hopefully it will be more regularly.

I'm back to work today for the first time since I left for the holidays Dec. 21. Boy it was hard to come in this morning! *L* I was supposed to return to work last Thursday the 3rd, but the snow that is now hitting Lauren hit us starting last Wednesday night. We had 10-12 inches in an area of the state that rarely gets that much snow. (Okracoke Island on the Outer Banks got 4 inches!) I spent the extra couple of days off work sitting at the computer updating MS MOney with all our financial info for the past year and budgeting & planning for 2002, running different $$ scenarios, etc. We are really trying to work on getting rid of debt & to do that we've really got to cut back on the nickel & dime stuff.

Jul - thank you for letting us know about FM's...that site has been a lot of help in this whole process for me!

The holidays were nice, especially the break from work, but now I'm back & it will be a busy next few weeks since I'm in charge of putting together a publication that will need to be ready for the printer by the first part of February.

I managed to not really gain anything over the holidays, 1# at the most I think if my home scale is to be trusted. (Really want to buy a Tanita scale in the next few weeks & might, just have to convince myself to spend $50 on a scale) Today is my first day back on track. I have started back journaling and eating properly (need to work on cutting back the Diet Cokes again & getting more water). I am setting a goal to do at least 20 minutes of exercise at least 4X a week. Because the roads are still a little iffy in the neighborhoods right now that means no walking and it will have to be either using the weight machine or doing some Pilates on the floor mat, but something's better than nothing!

I need to lose 10# to get back to my goal weight. I'd like to lose another 5# after that if possible, but I'm going to take it 5# at a time. So my goal for Valentine's Day will be 5#...in 5 weeks that REALLY shouldn't be difficult if I can just stay on track.

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't had time to read all the posts I missed, just had to back track to find out what happened with Vicki. I miss Y'ALL! I'll try to be here more often.

LE
Old 01-07-2002, 04:46 PM   #21  

LE: FM (frugal-moms.com) is probably why I'm always so far behind on my bookkeeping chores. I just try to make it a game to see how little I can spend. Starting in February our income will really vary...it will depend on how much I can pay ourselves based on the balance in the business checkbook. DH will be leaving the day job (just can't handle working 80+ hours a week anymore).

I'm feeling like I'm at a standstill!!!! Need to add exercise and more water in order to make that VD goal .

I bought my airline ticket for Philly in Feb. I'll be there 14-19. I really look forward to this trip twice a year, even though its business related I just have so much fun getting away.

O.K. gross moment. Is there any smell worse than a rotted onion?? I kept smelling 'something'....just found a rotten onion in the trash closet. Yuck!! Need to go light some candles and 'clear the air'.
- jul
mileage for 2002: 2
(maybe if I post it - it'll get me moving!!)

215/173 current/169 VD goal/155 drivers license goal
Old 01-07-2002, 10:33 PM   #22  

Happy Monday!

RR, You had me chuckling with the little one being a cat this AM. Take it easy on the health club and follow the Dr's orders.

Dani, I sure like looking at the snow but it sure shuts down this town. I don't have to worry about it a whole lot as we tend to get the rain, rain and more rain here.

BFB, Glad you are feeling better. I can not even imagine going on a show like the fat club. There is certainly no chance that I would be weighed on it wearing a swimming coozie. Please share with us what a coozie is.

Pryia, I am sorry you had the flu. I guess the bright spot is you lost a couple of pounds. Not a fun way to do it though.

Lauren, Glad you enjoyed your snow day. You sounded like you were productive. How was the soup?

Elisa, The web site is
http://www.t-tapp.com/home.asp
I am enjoying doing it but I am sore. I have to get off this chair and go do it tonight. I am looking foward to measuring on Sunday and seeing what the results are.

LE, Nice to see you. I was just asking about you. It sounds like you had a nice long holiday.

Jul, Ick on the onion! I hope the candles helped.

We are doing well on plan. The DH is pretty funny. He informed me on the way home tonight that I had to make a 4 pt dinner as that is all he had left. I explained that wasn't happening. He is going to have to give up those mochas.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:58 PM   #23  
Out there trying

Nanci - I just had to laugh at what you said about your husband wanting a 4 point dinner - my husband's done the same thing. He's mostly pretty good but I can't remember what he had during the day once when he came home with almost no points. But he was pretty good - he had a huge salad and maybe some tuna for a few points. It's amazing how good men can be when they want to me and how detremental to our dieting when they don't care!

Elisa
Old 01-08-2002, 01:33 PM   #24  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Man, I'm sure I could come up with a few 4 pt. dinners!! God knows I've had to do that many times!!

1. Eggbeaters, FF cheese and fake sausage
2. nutrigrain eggo waffles, 2 fake sausages and sugar free syrup.
3. MS Farms or other brand burger, lite bun, ff cheese and salad
4. Stir fry veggies in spray, 1/2 c. rice, 3/4 c. MS Farms veggie crumbles.

See...how's that?!

My soup turned out soo yummy!! Of course I had to open one of the boxes I packed to get out my tupperware bowls to store it in!!

LE- Thanks for the snow...I think!! Hope I can return the favor some day!! We ended up with almost a foot by the time it was totally gone!

Rabbit- Hurray for 5 days OP!!

[b]Dani-[b] Good for you, getting on track! It's good to hear you soo motivated! I saw that Jennifer and Amy were back also...I'm really glad they are, and that they realized that these horrible people that say nasty things shouldn't get in their way!!

I've got lots of food with me today, so I'm hoping I don't cave at bowling tonight! I have a banana, single serving cottage cheese and yogurt that I haven't eaten yet, and I have some snack wells in my desk too. If I can make it through bowling, I'll be OK!

Called the landlady today to tell her I put the lease in the mail. She said she's gonna call me back...we may be able to get in the apartment this weekend! I can't wait!! I just wanna do laundry and wash my dishes in the dishwasher!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 01-08-2002, 01:45 PM   #25  

HI ALL!

6 days op!!

RR - Yeah you're listening to the doctor!

Legal - Sounds like you used those snow day productively! hooray for not gaining over the holidays!!

Jul - what will you be doing on your business trip to Philly?

Nanci - 4 pt. dinners are tough! I'd go for soup & salad.

have a great day all -

Rabbit
Old 01-08-2002, 02:28 PM   #26  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Hello
Day 2 of my new and improved health. I give myself a "good" for yesterday. I am happy with how I did. Today, until 3 minutes ago I had not had any water and was craving candy. But I am now drinking the water and forgetting about the candy.

Rabbit, you are doing great! I hope you get the loss you deserve! You are helping inspire me!

RR, scrapbooking can be very theraputic (sp?). I hope it works for you. I am sure you will have ups and downs. That sounds natural to me. Glad you are taking it easy as per the dr.

Legal, good to see you here. Of course I am jealous of your snow... it should be the other way around... Sounds like you were very productive though.

Jul, cool that you will be in Philly. I am not far from there.

Nanci, doing this with dh sound like it is funny. That has to help.

Lauren... that is funny that you had to unpack your tupperware. I am very in the know about storage and unpacking needed items... I thought I'd be spending the summer in this "temporary" place but I've had to go back for Halloween decorations, warm clothes, Christmas decorations, and ski equipment... plus a few more dishes (we needed more than 2 plates after awhile) the toaster, and several other things. There are times when I just MISS MY THINGS! I will be very grateful when I have a place to put them all in a house. If I get a house and start complaining about too much space to clean and upkeep you all just yell at me and tell me to cut it out, ok?! Remind me how badly I wanted that space. (especially if I complain about having to clean out all the closets and cabinets!)

going to drink more water.

bye!
mileage ~ 7
Old 01-08-2002, 03:22 PM   #27  

Rabbit: Buyers Market of American Craft is held twice a year in Philly. Its at the Philly Convention Center and the huge hall is full of booths of artists....American made art. Thats where I get most of my orders for the year. We also were invited to the Mole Hole Convention in Naples FL in April. We're going to go. There are probably 75 Mole Hole stores across the US and they get together every april for a big convention. There are 150 artists invited to set up displays and take orders. We already sell to quite a few Mole Holes and think it will be worth the trip to pick up some more orders. We have to be in SC anyway in April and can just extend our trip by another week and a half.

Bad Girl Confession: I ate a Butterfinger Candy bar only because it was here. Some friends came over for a 'milkshake party' and someone brought a bunch of big butterfingers. I was good at the party and had fruit in my milkshake....but found the butterfingers today (getting rid of the rest).

Nanci: I went to that web-site for a few min. looks interesting. Will have to go back sometime and locate the videos. Then maybe see if I can find one on half.com . I just got Strength Training for Dummies with a Amazon gift. cert. I wanted to get back to using weights again and thought it might be good and basic and remind me the correct ways to hold/use the hand weights. Will report back on that later....if I ever get around to breaking it out of the packaging.

bye, jul
Old 01-08-2002, 06:07 PM   #28  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good EVening!!!
Much better today!!Great to be at work and out of the house!!!
Ok, I have to say ya'll have given me the giggles...
Jul---I have been a nurse too long cuz when U wrote your "VD" goals I laughed!!!

WE received a package from Belgium..Man..I know it is those darn dark chocolates!!!!!! I would be in a mess if I lived near Belgium!!!!!
Take it easy!!!!Slow treadmill day tomorrow for me!!~~~~
RR
Old 01-08-2002, 09:05 PM   #29  

Hi everyone,

Ok I had to walk right in the door and check in here. I am doing great op but I sure do not want to do that darn tape. I am so sore. I only have 6 more days to make it through the initial boot camp. I needed to come here and get the motivation. Ok I think I have it now. Thanks!

Lauren, Thanks for the 4 pt ideas. I have a few things that are that low. The problem was that the DH was in the know on how many points the dinner I had planned was. He just went over during the day.

Elisa, You are right it has been fun doing it with him. He is sure adding some comic relief to the whole thing.

RR, Glad you are feeling better. Just throw that package right out or give it to the girls. I am picturing the little one who likes to be the cat hyped on chocolate meowing.

Rabbit, Way to go on that 6 days op. We are there as well. I am getting concerned though, I leave for Vegas on Sunday. I am going for work and will be there until Wed. I just have to plan plan plan. I really need to do this.

Dani, It sounds like you are doing great!

Jul, The shows sound great! I get compliments all the time on the bowl we got from you. I would love to see some pictures of your christmas tree ornaments.

I pulled out a picture of me from when I was at my goal weight in Hawaii. I am hoping that it will continue to give me some inspiration and keep me on track. I have to look at it that way rather than why am I back to where I started from.

Everyone have a good night.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:09 AM   #30  
Out there trying

Nanci - once again we seem to be on the same wave lenght since you mentioned my 2 favourite places in your last post - Las Vegas and Hawaii!!! I've been to Vegas about 5 times and Hawaii only once - on my honeymoon and I loved it - it's so beautiful. I was also at my goal weight there (or as close as I've ever been) so that's my motivation too!!

Have a great day everyone,
Elisa
Closed Thread