Old 09-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #16  
KAR

Hi All,
Boy it sure has been busy here the last few days. I just got done reading the posts from yestersday. After school yesterday, I delievered my Avon orders to my customers. Ate left-overs for dinner with dh and then went out for a little bit with dh. Today we went to lunch and split the club sandwich and fries. Then went to pick up my three stepkids. It is our weekend to have them. But they found the West Nile Virus not to far from our house in some mosquitos and a dead bluejay. So they only come over during the day time so they don't get bite. Watching the Ohio State game with them. Picking on my youngest twin stepson because his little girlfriend has called our house 3 times already this afternoon. They are only 9 years old and talked on the phone for 1 hr and half the first time and 30 minutes the other two times.
Alicia hope things go well with your reunion with dh. Will be thinking about you today.
Shelia if you can have his school cousenlor give him a career assessment and then work from that make you can interest him in not quitting school. That is just a thought. Work through his girlfriend to keep him in school.
John sounds like you have been really busy since you have been left in charge. Are you planning on taking a couple days off when they come back? Enjoy your evening!
GG hope you are having a great weekend with dh. Sounds like you have a nice relaxing weekend planned.
Hanna I really don't plan on doing much this weekend. I did get half my lesson plans done yesterday afternoon at school. So I have to finish the other half tomorrow sometime. Am squeezing in some laundry here and there. But not going out of my way to do anything major. So did you dh ever come home yet so you can go to the home show and get your kettle corn? Had some last weekend. That stuff rocks!
Hi to Mo, Christina, Lauren, Lisa, Roo, Angie, Reality, and everyone else I missed.
Well have to get the kids ready to take them back home. So will check back later with everyone.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all..today has been nice so far. dh and i went this morning up to road atlanta (a racecorse about 1hr away). we went to the skip barber racing school open house. nothing major just an intro...its pretty neat but very expensive to do. about 2 yrs ago dh filled out an entry form and won a weekend where he and 13 other drivers got to race in a school...then he was one of the top two drivers of that school so they sent him (and i got to go too) out to vegas to race out there...it was an awesome time and a very neat expense paid trip to do something that normally is over 3000$ to do. So he had a blast. today he saw a few of the old people from the vegas trip. We then stopped at the international farmers market on the way back. its a great place..however i've never been on a saturday....ugghhh insanity with all the people. currently i'm enjoy the gator football game while typing on dh laptop. The game is going great...a few crappy plays but overall my boys are doing well. Out qb is looking awesome. I'm keeping the fingers crossed we still have about 10 min left in the 4th.

lois - yes espresso is the stuff they serve in smaqll cups, but its also what they put in lattes etc. stronger than normal coffee.

hannah - hope you get to get your kettle corn.

joan - yes i know it sounds like blasphemy...but trust me..i use to love starbucks andlive off it..until is discovered the greatness of your own espresso and milk. i onl get starbucks now if i'm on the road. It really isn't that good when you make it fresh every morning.

laurie - im sooooo sorry you are going through this. you are in my thoughts. hang in there hugsfor you.

christina -hope you feel better

kar and john...hey there...hope you have a great weekend...alright..going to watch more football.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:50 PM   #18  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Hey ya'll! Today was a GORGEOUS day, so I had the girls outside as much as possible. Our town has a 'Scarecrow Festival', so we went to that for an hour. (it is about 2 blocks) I think the rides they have are better than the ones at the County Fair. How sad. The girls LOVED it & I enjoyed getting out as well. My food today was downright awful & shameful, but tomorrow is a new day & I will get back on track. Well, at least funnel cake can't tempt me again until NEXT July! heehee
realitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:12 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello!

I did get to go to the home and garden show, we talked to some people there about solar paneling for our home, we are starting to do some researching on it, DH wants to put that before we talk to any company about a pool. I ate horrendously fired food, I can't wait for next week to start, Sean will be in school and I will be able to get back to my normal routine, I am thinking of doing a 5 or 7 day detox diet. I am not sure if I will started on Monday yet.

Realitymom it is great to have the kids outside when the weather is so nice, I am so glad you had a nice day!

GG how nice you were able to have a weekend off to spend with dh! sounds like you are enjoying it!

Lauren how was your day at the house?

Kerry have great rest of the weekend.

John are you doing anything fun tomorrow? I hope you are!

Well I am going downstairs to relax, I am actually going to knit, I started a new project, I am glad I did a gage, I had to go down to a 0 size needle, believe me it is like knitting on toothpicks. It is going to take me a really long time to finish it, but the yarn is to die for and the pattern is fabulous.

see you all tomorrow!

hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:49 AM   #20  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having an ok weekend. Mine is good. Busy - but good. Had a hair appointment today - came home and the boyfriend left a trail of rosepetals to the dining room table where there were 3 dozen long stem roses, a nice card, one of my fav magazines, and a new book. It is our 3 year anniversary officially - Well it will be on Sunday, but Sunday is football - so he decided to do everything tonight - funny huh? He also made the most wonderful seafood dinner. So I'm in a pretty good mood
Anyway - found out why i have not been called yet by the medical clinic i applied at - my previous employer has not gotten back to them yet, so that is holding everthing up. I called over to my ex-boss and got the ball rolling though. I have no idea why I had let it get to me so much - i need to just relax. I will probably be starting next week sometime

Laurie - so sorry for what you are going through - i can't even begin to imagine. You are in my thoughts.

Kerry - OMG - how cute stepson has a little girlfriend and he is only 9?? My DD is almost 11 and boys are a big NO WAY!!! hee hee!

Sheila - I would definetly try to get your son's gf in on guiding him to stay in school - and definetly would do all I could to keep DH from kicking him out. It is so hard out there in the world when you start out as a teen and on your own. It is like taking ten steps back - at least that is how I always felt. I had to move out when I was 18. No car, no money, no way pay for and go to college - and I have been suffering and struggling ever since, and I am 31. I would not wish it on anyone, please do whatever you can to keep it from happening to him.

Joan - I'm with you - I LOVE Starbucks!

GG - It's not a racing school, but for the bf's birthday last year I got him a 10 laps around the California Speedway out here driiving a Nascar racing car. It was great and he did about 170 - he wants to do it again It was with the company "The Racing Experience" Very expensive, but very cool!

Hanna - noooo, no crying - take a deep breath, and relax. Hope your weekend gets better.

To everyone else - hope you are all having great a great weekend.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:29 AM   #21  

mroning all...well i've been bad eating since friday. Friday i didn't eat great at all..then yesterday i ate well..but had 2 beers and one margarita (hmmmm lots of yummie calories). And then this morning sweet DH made breakfast...pancakes and bacon. Luckily i was pretty good. I was full with one pancake and 3 pieces of bacon. WE also oven bake our bacon which helps cut down on the grease (put it on a cooling rake above a pan so the grease drips down). So i wasn't perfect at breakfast...but i use to be able to eat 3 pancakes and a heck of a lot more bacon. Today DH and i are going to get some stuff back in the attic, then go on a bike ride. So at least i'll get some exercise. And i think in the afternoon when DH is doing homework i'll go and start working on our crazy yard. This place is in need of some serious weeding and pruning..they guy who use to live here never did anything with the weeds. So maybe i'll stay busy...the weather is beautiful today...woke up to 55F and should only reach the upper 70's. Great for yard work!!!!

bluey - i think that was great of Bf...even if it was a day early. I have no problems celebrating early if it means it will solve fighting issues. some ppl just have to watch football...like me. I told dh yesterday, i'd go with him to the open house thing as long as we were home by 3.30 for the gator kickoff. He even didn't eat dinner with me becaue i'm such a fanatic. At one point i was screaming and yelling at the tv and he said..."if you don't mind i'm going on the computer while i eat". personally i didn't mind..i know he's not into sports and i'm a freak when it comes to gator football.

reality mom- sounds like a fun day with the girls. Don't worry about the funnel cake..its hard to say no to funnel cake. Just get right back on the wagon

alright all...going to go see if Dh is ready to work on the attic. hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 09:34 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

blue ~ that BF of yours sounds alright... glad to hear that he did something special for you for your anniversary. Hope that you hear something from the new job early this week and you'll starting making $$$$$$$$$$ asap! yeah.

Hanna ~ my mom has knit some beautiful quilts in her day. I still have the one that she made me for my 16th birthday. I need to take a picture and show you the one that she made me for my wedding ~ it's my favorite. I'm sorta feeling an itch to get interested in quilting myself. I haven't said anything to my mother as she'd probably die of shock! I took her shopping recently and seeing all of the gorgeous fabrics and yarns was amazing. She was like a kid in a candy store;-).

GG ~ did the Gators win? Your post sounded pretty darn relaxed last night. Continue to enjoy your weekend off.

Real~ what perfect weather for an outdoor festival. There were tons around here yesterday. Such fun. Don't stress about the food. It's not like you eat that kind of food all of the time. Today is a whole new day.

I'm being lazy this a.m. and feel like I'm coming down with a cold. These cool nights make for such great sleepig weather. I'm in no hurry to get moving though as we have nothing going on today. Yippeee! Every weekend in September and October has something going on except for this one.

Time to go whip up some pancakes for the little monsters. Hugs to all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:36 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

GG ~ we posted at the same time. LOL at your hollering at the t.v. Too funny that DH is the one leaving:-).
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #24  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Yesterday was not a good day for me. I worked from 10 - 7, and just kinda shot the whole day. My department was slammed with customers and all the juniors (teenage girls) were in the dressing rooms leaving piles upon piles of clothes to clean up. It was soo bad that I had to have two breaks and I had a package of Hostess Cupcakes on each one.

I also have to work today (11:45 - 4:30) and am not happy about it. Yesterday was the 12th Sat in a row that I have had to work and today is the 7th Sunday in a row. Gosh I hate retail!!!!

Glad everyone is having a pretty good weekend.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:12 AM   #25  

lol at joan - yep dh left...i really am a FANatic when it comes to gator sports. And yes they did win...they stomped the tar out of Un. of Tenn final was 59-20. not too shabby of a win...we even scroed a last minute TD with the secondary string in. and yes yesterday was relaxing..however i did make myself work out. took the dog on a 35 min walk/run. I haven't run in months...it felt great. Now the runs were only for a few min at a time..but still it was great

darn lisa...that sounds like a crappy day. hope today isn't too bad
Old 09-16-2007, 10:45 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Hanna- about the only fun thing I'm doing to day is watching football. But I'm gettin ready to head up to dad he's going to help me with these 6 A/C units got to reclaim them so I can scrap them and make some cash.

GG- I am right there with you on yelling at the TV. If I could I'd be watching terps and Navy as well but yeah I work Sats and no one broadcasts them on the radio.

Joan- I love those types of weekends.

Reailty- sounds like a fun time. An its ok to treat yourself and not beat yourself up about it.

Blue- At least the problem was something fixable and it wasn't about you . An I'm steeling your BF idea cause its a good one.

Last edited by Outland; 09-16-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #27  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Good morning everyone! Thanks for the encouragement. Not too long ago, falling off the wagon, so to speak, would have been enpugh for me to say forget it & eat anything I wanted. Not anymore though. I have already started the day off healthy & shall continue to do so bygollygarshdarnit!
We will be taking the girls to see the parade today. I know they will love it. I really LOVE fall!
I am a HUGE football fan too! LOVE my Ohio State Buckeyes- Go Bucks!! And the Cincinnati Bungles are my fave NFL team. *sigh* Some day I can proudly call the BEngals again....lol.
Hope ya'll have a wonderful Sunday!
realitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:41 PM   #28  

lol at realitymom-bucks fan huh???? my best friend is a HUGE bucks fan..I watched the national champ football game with her last year...she wan'ts a happy camper at the end...but i sure was!!!! have fun at the parade.

Today, DH and went for a bike ride. It was a mountain ride like he wanted (but it was close to home) so he got bored and wanted to turn around after 20 min. So we only did about 50 min total. I was bummed since i really wanted to enjoy the morning with him...but oh well. Now i'm off to go get some yard work done. Its too pretty of a day to be stuck inside.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:31 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Lisa I am so sorry about your schedule yes retail hours do stink!

GG I don't like gardening. All I really do it in the yard is feed my roses and prune them other than that NO yard for me, Dh hates working in it too, we have to have a gardener, he comes once a week, thank G-d! Good luck weeding.

Joan sounds like a perfect weekend for you enjoy!!! I love to quilt and to knit, knitting is easier to do as I can take it anywhere I go, I even knit in the car when DH is driving! here are some pictures of my little knits! they have been a lot of fun to do.

http://community.webshots.com/album/560726500ErBpvP

John enjoy the game, relax!!! good luck with the a/c units sounds like tons of work.

Alicia did DH get home OK?

Sheila I hope you are doing great this weekend!

Reality you are having a great weekend too, how great! enjoy the beautiful weather!

Blue how nice of your BF, how romantic! have a great day!

Today is a very quiet day here, I had to take a Benadryl last night late, I had very bad allergies, that stuff makes me very sleepy, so I did have a very restful night, I need it. It was 10:30 am and I was sound asleep, all of a sudden I feel Zurg (my little Yorkie) jump on the bed and started to licking me, he felt to heavy I thought it was 8 am, I was too sleepy! when I open my eyes and there is Thor (Zurg's brother) I was so happy to see him too, we have not seen him in a week, he had been away at his house (2 blocks away) we wanted Zurg to have some quiet time after his surgery, but Thor's mom said he was just mopping at home until she said the word Zurg he perked up, so she brought him over. That's the only reason I work up, who knows how late I would've slept if they didn't wake me up.

DH is home ALL DAY!!! DH made omelets for breakfast, they were really good, he is spending time with Sean, I am so happy for that!!! I don't feel like doing anything today, I don't even feel like getting out of my pj's, it is one lazy day!

Have a great day eveyone! I will check in later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:29 PM   #30  

Height: 5' 7"

GG, you had to rub it in that Ohio State lost to your beloved Gators, didn't you. Thats Okay, because if they have to play again ~ I am confident that the Bucks will hand your butts back on a silver platter! Go Buckeyes!!

Reality, I am also a Bengels fan, which was not easy when I was living in Cleveland. Did you see the game today? What happened to our team??? I caught like 10 min before half time and the very last play (due to work).
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote