Old 09-07-2007, 01:25 PM   #16  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

did i miss something whats going on with joan?
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Michelle ~ Nothing wrong here. I was just sympathizing with Laurie about the little girl they're considering adopting. I cannot imagine that kind of pain. You know what I'm talking about as you've fallen completely head-over-heels in love with Nevaeh. To try and look at the situation subjectively would be hard but so very necessary.

Sheila ~ I think that I worded my comment about finding a stash of condoms wrong. What I meant was that if you did happen to find them in the future you might not be quite as shocked. I know that you're not encouraging DS to go out and get laid. You are speaking to him realistically (and practically) about making choices and consequences that follow. You are one fabulous mother!

Michelle ~ Wish that I could say something to make you feel better... it *will* be ok though... Big hug ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

did I mean to say "objectively?" ... my brain has turned to mush... So, in answer to your question Michelle ~ nope, I'm not right;-).
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:30 PM   #19  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Joan

I did not take what you said wrong. Anyway you look at it , that is such a huge decision. Honestly I would still be in shock finding those but i would know he had listened.

You guys are all awesome!!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #20  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Joan, I have the best talks with my kids while in the car. I was just thinking that last night as we were driving. I may find out more than I want to know sometimes. It's like their little confessional box.

I second the "I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow." Does anyone ever have nights when you don't believe that you have even fallen asleep? Or if you did it was so brief you don't remember. I hate those nights.

I'll check back in later.

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Joan what if I gave you an 10' 1" pole would you touch it then? You know you wanta

I know some of you ladies Laurie, Michelle so have really big...no huge.... you all got state-puff marshmallow man size problems. But I know you all will be alright cause you all wouldn't have the problems if you couldn't handle them. I don't know the reason or the why I just know you all will make it. I hope none of you get upset at me with some of my talk or the way I respond but its what I do to help those that I don't know anyone other way to help and thats with smiles and laughs even if it mean I got to hit myself with a pie. (make sure its a fresh pie cause frozen ones will lay your *** out cold.)

all around we need a bear hug smiley cause I give them the best they so good you need to see a ciroparture afterwards...ok maybe not the best thing to happen but you know you been hugged dang it

I would say something corny to like when life give you lemons make lemonade. I'd rather take them lemons and shove where the sun... of the person saying that. They just way to happy in a way that a care bear would want nothing to do with them. Yeah so I wont say nothing corny

But really I sit here and read what you all go through and I tip my hat cause I don't know if I could.

But to all who need them
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #22  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Laurie - i just read your post from this morning - wow, you deal with so much! What a heart you must have - and so strong to deal with so much.
I wish you the best - I would wish to be half as strong.

- now going back to read the days posts - hope everyone is well.

Last edited by Blueyedblond; 09-07-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:21 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Goddess - I haven't had much time to look through previous posts to see exactly what is going on with DH. I gather he is going away in the military for about 9months? I feel your pain about not having DH with you. I cried all the way to the airport after Hawaii. And still cry. But I also don't have kids and a new grandbaby to worry about. If you ever need to vent or cry, PM me if you want.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:27 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 7"

John, you haven't been around long enough to know this, so when I say what passion, I really mean when. When I divorced, I moved back with my mom and dad to complete my college education. Now that I am finished, I find myself still in my parents home while I try to find a job that will pay me a living salary. I do not have a boyfriend or significant other as of yet, because 1) I have been focused on completing school; 2) My ex was abusive (not physical) so I tend to be on the careful side; 3) No one has come along that I would really want to date. Oh and it is hard to bring a date home to your parents house (KWIM).

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...another day another dollar..isnt that the saying lol. Work was slow so that was nice...however...tomorrow is saturday...and i have to work by myself...which means...it will be insane. So i'm just chilling tonight. Had a horrible eating day...but i'll get back on track tomorrow.

joan - to answer your quesions about curtain climbers/rug rats...whatever you call them...we haven't decided. I do think i would like to go part time..that way my kids aren't in day care all the time. My mom did not work growing up and i loved having her around. So i think if dh and i can afford it..i will go pt. but we'll see what happens. I still have a lot of student loans i have to pay off LOL

goddess and laurie- hang in there..i know this is tough times...

other than that...hi to all else..sorry i'm a bit worn down so not really motivated and talkative tonight..one more day to make it through. hope everyone is well. night.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

John you are for sure great for a good laugh and sniles all around!

Michelle..... It is going to be ok. Find some fun things to eat away at your time away from DH! Set some fun goals to reach while he is away and the time will go by.

Hi GG, Lisa, Joan, Blue, Hannah and everyone else! I am so tired tonight and I wish I wasn't since it is Friday and all!
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

I'm sorry Lisa I tend to have this foot in mouth disease its common among men.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:02 PM   #28  

Height: 5' 7"

John, that's okay. Most of the people here dont know my whole story. I think the only ones that were here when I first started is Lauren and KarenK.

Speaking of Karen, did your kids drive you insane? Where are you?

Lauren, how's the house?

Lisa

Last edited by lppennington; 09-07-2007 at 11:03 PM.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #29  

Height: 5"10"

Default Newbie Here

Good Evening All,

I am a returning member from about three years ago, and it was really a supportive site. If anyone is in need of a buddy I am also. I was also wondering what everyone's opinion was on the new Alli diet plan. Everything I have read said you are allowed 15 grams of fat per meal and to me that sounds like an excessive amount. It comes with these capsules that act kind of like fat blockers. If you eat more fat than you are supposed to then the capsules kick in and there are what they call "effects" that arent too pleasant. I have read is a lot of material that really to lose weight you should limit your fat grams to 15 a day NOT a meal??? I dont know! If anyone can offer some insite to this I would appreciate it.
sugarcookie53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:51 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi every one!

Sheila you are the best mom! I love how you can talk to your children, that is the best you can do!!!

GG sorry you have to work tomorrow, it will be so nice for you to spend time w/DH on Sunday, have a great time.

Lisa you are a great gal! I think you are going to find the right person w/out even looking, some times it just takes time, sorry.

Joan and Alicia it is so great the way you guys can talk to your kids. Joan a lot of the things that Laurie is going through w/her little one is kind of the same stuff we go through with Sean, unfortunately kids exposed to drugs inutero have lots of problems, just like Sean has.

John you are too funny, your posts have made me laugh!

Slimpossible I am sorry business sux right now, I have to disagree with you on your comment about the government getting involved and "fixing" the problem, a lot of people in Souther CA took the loans with interest only, being very greedy, they got in over their heads. Have you listened to Bill Handle lately on the subject? just curious.

Kerri good to have you back, how was your trip?

Kerry I hope you get to spend some qt w/dh alone too! have fun either way though! how was work today? did you paycheck reflect a nice increase?

Michelle we are here for you, it is going to be though, but we are here to help you get through it. You are strong person, you are going to do great! hugs!

Laurie you are doing the best you can, it is great you are getting all the information you can. I am here if you want to talk. I know exactly what you are going through, dh and I are right there.

I had a pretty busy day today. I went to the gym at 7 am it was the only time I was going to be able to get there. I am glad the day is over, it was too long. I did get to go to the new gym yesterday, it is very nice, but it is not worth my time getting there and back, I will continue to go to my local one, every once in a while I can go to the new gym.
Tomorrow we are going to the Pomona Fair, I am looking forward to it, I love the fair, and the best part is DH is taking the weekend off, so we are going to be together all weekend
I have to go, have a great night everyone!
I don't know if I will be able to post during the weekend, we may spend the night in LA tomorrow and come back Sunday.
Have great weekend

Hugs all!!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote