3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Somethings Daily Chat Thursday, Sept.6 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/122199-30-somethings-daily-chat-thursday-sept-6-a.html)

KAR73 09-06-2007 07:01 AM

30 Somethings Daily Chat Thursday, Sept.6

Morning All,
Thanks for all your support and comments yesterday. I talked to my mil yesterday evening and she asked me what was wrong. She was not happy with her son. She told me to tell him that Hey buddy you married me and not your buddies. You need to spend time with me. So I am hoping to have a chat with him after school this afternoon. Looking forward to another day with my kids. Here is a fun for you all. One of my students was 3 hours late to school yesterday because of a doctor's appointment. Well he was there for about an hour and asked me if we were getting out of school early. Because he really needed a break. Then he tells me that he needs to take a vacation day, so he won't be in school on Thursday. I was like kiddo we just started back to school. He is like I know but I am tired already. I said tired after a day and a half of school. Boy what are you going to be like when we have full weeks of school. He is like I don't know guess I will have to take one day a week off. He said it with such a straight face. We were all laughing. Then he pulls me aside and told me that he had another doctor's appointment today. So I told him that was alright. But I just thought that was so funny about I need a vacation day.
Hanna hope Sean has a good day at school. Glad that he is feeling better! Sorry to hear that you were waiting on your dh last night and Sean didn't get to see him. Hope you get to have a wonderful day out of the house today!
Slim that is great news about your court appearance yesterday. See you worried for nothing. So how is your dd taking the news of not seeing her df anymore?
Lexy, hope you got to bed and got rested up for today. Sounds like you might be your dh's biggest screaming fan!
Lisa, sorry to hear that you had a crappy day too! Hope today goes better for you.
Joan glad you had an enjoyable evening. Sounds like you really enjoy your new neighborhood. Keep up the walking!
Hi to Shelia, ROO, Karen, Laurie, GG and everyone else. Have to go brush my teeth and out the door I go to work. Chat with you all later. Have a great Thursday!
Kerry

sheila1971 09-06-2007 07:06 AM

Hey kerry sounds like an eventful day. Out of the mouth of babes right!

You are very lucky your MIL is nice in that way. Most don't get that .

Well did good with my eating yesterday new day hu! Getting my rollers in early so I can take the dog for a walk before daycare begins. It rained last night so I love to smell the clean air.

catch you later
sheila

GatorgalstuckinGA 09-06-2007 07:27 AM

morning all...lol at me and my posting tipsy. Its amazing that one beer and one wine made me that tipsy. I don't regret it...it tasted great and i slept awesome. I think with the day i had...i needed it. And beer meets your major food groups hops = whole grain :rofl::rofl::rofl:. anywhooo...we'll see how today it. I tried waking up again to go walk. I think your body is telling you something when you fall asleep while peeing....so i went back to bed

Slim - woohoo..congrats. I figured it work out. Good for you...looserville is out of there.
Hannah - sorry dh didnt make it home in time.
kar - that was a funny story...i think i'm going to call in sick and say i need a vacation...but somehow i don't think that will quite work.
joan - good job on the walking. I'm glad you like your new neighborhood.
alright got to get moving...hi to everyone.

Christina S 09-06-2007 09:44 AM

good morning all!

i have been MIA for alittle while...very busy around here...little mario is doing great, dominic is doing well...work sucks as usual!....havent lost any weight, but i havent gained any either..so ill take that...been completely slacking on the exercise and i need to get my rear back in gear! dominic has had 1 24hr pass and 1 4hr pass..went pretty ok

i have been reading most days but not posting...

congrats gg on your weight loss that is wonderful!....

laurie: the equipment you have to work with sound wonderful

hanna: im glad you are all doing alright...i think of you often

to all others "hi"..i am still half asleep and cant remember anything else right now...oh at dominics visit on sunday i took little mario and i took pics...i would like to share one with you...lets see if i can get it to attach...have a wonderful day!

lppennington 09-06-2007 10:01 AM

John, thanks for the suggestion. This ink is what is inside ink markers that is only supposed to explode if you steel it. In other words "permanent".

Joan, no I happened to be wearing light tan pants. I think I may ask for them to reimburse me or give me a new pair. I don't know, I only paid $3 for them.

Slim, congrats on the win!!!

Lisa

IrishJoan 09-06-2007 11:12 AM

KAR ~ good luck with the talk. I like Big John's suggestion a whole lot better... "rollin pin upside the head."

Sheila ~ I love that smell too. Woke up the this morning and felt fall in the air... everyone is anxious for autumn this time of year.

GG ~ beer = whole grain.... sounds reasonable. Have a good day.

Christina ~ good to see you again. The pictures are great ~ you have two beautiful boys! BTW ... anything ever come of the other job that you wanted so badly?

Lisa ~ $3.00 for a pair of pants? How did you accomplish that? Sounds too good to be true.

Happy Thursday all ~ Joan

lexytay 09-06-2007 11:39 AM

Morning all!

Hope everyone is doing well. Same old same old here. Just trying to figure out how a short week feels so long!

GG- I love beer. I am going to have a few tonight at the dh's gig. I'll just have to watch the calories. I like the whole grain theory though!

Kar- Your student story made me laugh. It is amazing how many kids feel that way. My son can't wait until he is out of school so he can quit working so hard. I keep telling him he is in for one heck of a surprise!

I love Fall! We are finally cooling down out here and I am loving it! Can't wait til my Mom gets here. We are going up to the mountians to camp and hike. We don't get the colorful leaves out here like we did in PA, but the aspens are very pretty.

Well, have a good one guys!
Alexis

707Goddess 09-06-2007 11:48 AM

well my hubby deploy's sept 19th so i get a little less then 2 weeks to prepare, im numb and it hasnt sunken in yet he signed yesterday he got the job he wanted so we are both very happy about that
i'll check in later
Michelle

happy2be 09-06-2007 12:17 PM

hi everyone!

Kerry the post about your student is hilarious! I hope you have a good talk w/DH, sounds like you have a great MIL!

GG I wish you a good day at work today!

Lisa sorry about the ink, where do you find $3 pants!

Alexis enjoy the fall, here in S.CA we don't get to see the season's changes, it is usually pretty nice and hot!

Christina good to see you, thank you for sharing the pics of your children, they are good looking kids! :hug:

Michelle enjoy your time w/DH before he leaves, good luck, we are here for you! :hug:

Guess where I am going today????? yes I am going to try to get to the new GYM! I can't believe that! I will see you all later!

LesliesMom 09-06-2007 12:44 PM

Hi guys!

Shoot me now. Yesterday was Matt's nine year old sons second day at the sitters after school and he already wore out his welcome there. I had told him that he had to be on his best behavior because I can't take a chance at Leslie not being able to go there since she goes the whole day. Well he was apparently much too rough with the other kids ( there are none his age, they are all 4 and under) and at one point was walking around with Leslie on his shoulders. I think my head started spinning when my sitter told me. She made him put her down and Douglas told her that he does it all the time at home. He is not even allowed to lift her up and carry her, much less sport her around on his shoulders. I am not sure what was up with him, but my sitter can't afford for one of the other kids to get hurt. Leslie does fabulous there, so I told Matt he needs to figure out what to do with Douglas after school. I am so frusterated. Grrr.

Anyway, I think Ker asked but I could be wrong, Matt is an independant sales representative for Nextel and Sprint, and we do a booth at the fair every year. It's a long week and I am thankful I don't deal with it each day.

Angie

IrishJoan 09-06-2007 12:54 PM

Angie ~ maybe DS could bring a Gameboy to play with or he could do something on the computer during that time? He's probably bored with only little kids around.

Laurie ~ I forgot to congratulate you on your new home gym ~ sounds like some seriously cool stuff. When DH and I first got married we set up a great gym in one of the spare bedrooms and used it a ton... for about six months. Try and mix things up a bit and get some exercise outside as much as possible as you'll burn out in no time flat.

Michelle ~ DH is still going to GA? Keep saying your prayers... Big Hug from all of us...

Joan

LesliesMom 09-06-2007 01:00 PM

Joan -

We had talked about that - he was supposed to do what he could of his homework and then read if he got bored. Now I feel like sending him over there with his gameboy is rewarding his bad behavior. I understand it was probably boring, but that was no excuse to have to be repeatedly talked to about doing things he knows better than to do. He has counseling tonight, we will see if they have any suggestions. Thanks for the advice.

Angie

lppennington 09-06-2007 01:28 PM

I found the three dollar pants on the clearance racks at the store I work at. I get 20% off of everying I buy so it really is beneficial for me to shop at my store. (Elder-Beermans ~ part of the Bon Ton Group) (Herzberg, Parisian, and others)

I had a thought in bed this morning that I could change the pants into shorts or capris, however the ink is too high up the pant leg. :( Either that or maybe die it back - if the fabric can take it. They are normally washed in the delicate cycle.

Lisa

minnesotaffwife 09-06-2007 01:45 PM

Hey there, just checking in with everone....I tried to read through the posts but I just dont have time to read them all before one of my kids explodes.
Perhaps tomorrow I will be able to catch up. Nothing new here. I lost about 2.5 pounds in my first week.....I feel pretty good about it since I am nursing and I have to be very careful not to go too low with my calories. John...I noticed the big weight loss, was it last week. Anyhow I wanted to say congrats that is awesome.
Take care everyone and have a good evening.
Minnie

SlimPossible 09-06-2007 01:57 PM

:)Thanks for all the congrats GG, Joan, Hannah, Lisa, Kerry, and John!

What a nice day out today! I actually got a tiny bit chilly out last night which was nice!

As far as my angel goes, I don't want her to NEVER see her dad. I just want him to be a good one and be doing the right thing to see her, that's all. And that isn't happening right now. When he "get's it together" things can be dofferent.....
She's only 4 1/2 so she doesn't really ask alot of questions and I never let her know anything derogitory about him. I just say he is busy working and keep her occupied.... Besides she looks to my honey when she is looking for "fatherly attention" and he is so amazing with her it's unbelievable! Last night she wanted to sing and dance and the two of us were her audience so he got the living room all ready for her show and cranked the stereo on for her and we sat there and just laughed and watched her rock out to Gwen Stefani! Hilarious! :dancer:

ANGIE
I don't know if your son would feel too old for this but maybe make up some sort of star chart that he has to keep in his backpack and if he is good/finishes homework then the daycare lady can mark the box or put a sticker.... then set a goal that at the end of the week he has to have so many marks. Reward him if he pulls it off and if not take away the gameboy or something else he likes for a few days? :^:

MICHELLE
Try not to be sad about dh... I know it's tough but try to focus on the positive things about the new adventure!

KERRY
Good luck with the chat this afternoon! It'll be ok! Do you guys have alot of things that you both like to do? Maybe he would be better about hangin' out if you guys were doing something he thought was his idea? Use psychology on him! HA! :hug: