3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Something Daily Chat: Humpday, Sept 5th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/122096-30-something-daily-chat-humpday-sept-5th.html)

RXZephyr 09-05-2007 05:42 AM

30 Something Daily Chat: Humpday, Sept 5th

So, I'm sitting here bleary eyed trying to wake up and decide to start this thread. What the heck - it's been a couple days (weeks?) since I did so.

I'm actually not in a terrible mood these days. Had a bit of a nasty mood yesterday (why people have to do dumb things, I don't know...) but I seem to have bounced back again today. I don't know why I've had a change in attitude (in some things) but I'm just trying to focus on one step at a time.

I'm headed to my parent's place this weekend and working in "the big city" for the following week. Sucks to be away from DW, but I'm a big boy and will suck it up and be fine. Besides, I get to hang out with all my childhood friends again and, my bestest bud has all kinds of activities planned out. She's a crazy active person and I really wish I could have 1/4 the energy she does. I think we're going for a hike on Sunday and then sea kayaking the following Friday. Kinda nervous about that one - you know, the whole flip over and drown idea doesn't sit well with me. :p

Anyway, I gotta finish this 1,000,000 calorie energy drink (no-name Red Bull equivalent) and then start to get ready to face the day.

Take care all. :hug:

:Lawrence

P.S. Why's MO being such a snob, huh? I miss her freaky bounciness.

KAR73 09-05-2007 07:08 AM

Morning All,
Roo glad to see you started the thread even though you were bleary eyed and tired this morning. Thanks. Sounds like you have a great weekend and next week to look forward too! Hope the rest of your week goes well for you.
Hanna, glad to hear that Sean's first day of school went well. Sorry to hear that he doesn't feel good though. Hope he starts to feel better today! Glad to hear you so happy again.
Hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a wonderful hump day.
Off for day number two of school. Hope to curb some of my talkers today. I did get some much needed sleep last night. So I hope this continues for the rest of the week. I was not happy when my dh woke me up at 3:30 in the morning to ask why I didn't put the trash out though. Geez could it be that Monday was a holiday and they are picking up a day late this week. I was able to fall back asleep though. I have been quiet this morning. I did want to make a lot of noise just to wake him up.
Well I better head off to work. Chat with you all later.
Have a wonderful day!
Kerry

GatorgalstuckinGA 09-05-2007 07:35 AM

wooohooo roo. I remember the days when i never got to start a thread...you always beat me to it. Glad to see you back. Hope you have a good time in the big city.
kar - hope your day goes well today
john= good for you all the exercising you got. Sorry traffic was crappy. I didn't have to work yesterday so i didn't have to deal with that stuff.
hannah - hope sean is better. Sorry to hear about the gym being hot...that sux.
as for me..i attempted to get up and exercise this am...yeah right..that wasnt going to happen. I was soooooo exhausted, so i reset it for an hour later. I think all the exercising has caught up and my body needed a morning sleep in. I'll just try to work out tonight. Alright all..off to get ready for work!

sheila1971 09-05-2007 08:55 AM

Hey guys sounds like everyone is having a better day.

Roo: Glad to see your not joining MO in being a cyber snob!!

lexytay 09-05-2007 09:28 AM

Good Morning all!

I am glad it is hump day. Yesterday felt like such a Monday. Glad everyone is having a good day.

Kerry- You cracked me up with wanting to be loud to wake you dh up. I feel that way alot because I am such a light sleeper and mine is always waking me.
Hana- Hope Sean feels better!
Roo- Sounds like you have a great time planned. I think sea kayaking sounds fun.
GG- You are my inspiration with all the exercise....I am really trying to get to a point where I can do it consistantly.......I just HATE it.

I am off to get my photo taken for my passport and then I have an eye doctor appointment. I'm not sure I can handle the excitement! Have a great day!

LBH 09-05-2007 09:44 AM

Mornin' All!

Just had to endure a nasty phone interview with Unemployment to defend myself against the company I used to work for. :tantrum: It was the temp agency that I worked for at the position I had from 11/05-11/06...they said I quit!! Aholes. So I gave them the rundown of what happened and they have to call my current agency to confirm everything. If they get it confirmed, I should finally get a check for 3 or 4 wks. It's about time, because I'm bordering on broke and before I know it, that Oct. 1st mortgage payment is gonna be due!! :yikes:

Roo, Soo good to see you!! :D :wave:

Lexy, sounds like a day of excitement for you!! Enjoy!! :p

I have an interview for a temp position that will last through the middle of January at 2:30 today. It's fairly close to home/s too, so that's cool! Say a little prayer if you think about it please!!

Have a great day all!

laurie2275 09-05-2007 11:38 AM

Well, it was Bella Boo's first day in First Grade. I took a million pictures. She was so adorable. But also so nervous. She was a little clingy and didnt really want me to go. I hope she does well today.

Lauren, Prayer said. Im keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Lexy, oh what joy! I hate errands. Especially on a day off.

GG, Im with you today. I was supposed to wake up at 5 instead of 6 to get my workout in and I didnt set my alarm right at got up at 5:50. I was only able to do the bike for a half hour. I have to do all my strength training tonight. Oh well. My dh does his workout at night so I guess Ill do it then.

Sheila and Kerry HI!!!!

Well, Im off. Talk to you all later!!

Laurie

707Goddess 09-05-2007 12:25 PM

doing a fly by to much going on right now i'll fill you in later

LesliesMom 09-05-2007 01:02 PM

Hi All -
Things are finally getting back to order after Labor Day. Our "county fair" is always the week before and then ends on Labor Day and Matt has a booth at it each year, so it's a hecktic week. Should finally be able to get into the school routine now. Maybe then I can get back to business with myself. Miss Angie needs to get excercising again. I have not gained anything, but I also have not lost anything in a couple of weeks.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Angie

laurie2275 09-05-2007 01:34 PM

I just bought a weider home gym and an ab lounger. We have a recumbant bike and eliptical, exercise ball, free weights and many dvds. Anything else I should ad to my gym? Do any of you have a home gym? What exercises do you like best on them? Ever try an ab lounger? I have seen mixed reviews but overall good. Just looking for advice to get the most out of the equipment I have and maybe get what I dont have enough of.

sheila1971 09-05-2007 02:24 PM

Hey everyone~

Well motivation came with out preparing I guess you could say:mad:

I went to the doc this morning. As most of you know I have had trouble with my legs with spider veins and v. veins. Well this last January I had a lymphnode taken out from under my arm. Well I wore a vest this sat and bothered my scar. Well My right arm has been achey and he told me it is from the poor reflux from my legs. So the insurance is fighting us over this which I will win but just a pain in the a_ _.

So I am working out a schedule to get in exercise. Did you know exercising and loosing weight will help your lymphnodes go down. Mine are still out.. That scares the **** out me. He said they can take a year or longer to go down. Anyway I am going to put this together and try it out tonight then thurs will be the test. I used to do this all of the time. Just lazy I guess. He said I have done a good job loosing but I need to drop 30 pounds. Sooo no more "oh crap I will have another piece". Or feeling sorry for my self and having huge portions. It is the portioning that is kicking my butt! I don't want a book on calories, just portions. WW is helping but I need to focus on meal by meal not week by week too far and I get discouraged. He did say I am not throwing you on a diet pill most of those take at least 5 years off your life. They work good for the time but as you get older the damage is there and done. Well crap that is hopefull. Considering the other doc had put me on them at christmas time. I quit them I didn't like the side effects. Well I will get just thought I would drop a line in. I read all your posts. You guys are great. Sorry I am not writting back individual Just know that you all are awesome and I love ya!!:hug:

happy2be 09-05-2007 03:00 PM

hi all!

Sheila you are great! sorry to hear about the doc. That sux!

Angie you sound motivated! :cheer:

GG I hope you have a good day today at work.

Lauren doesn't sound like fun dealing with unemployment, sorry!

Lexy good luck at the eye dr.! sounds like you are getting ready for a trip.

Roo you are great! I wish I could take a brake, I am sure you are going to have a fun time w/your friend and visiting your family. Sorry DW can't go.

Kerry it is great you were able to get a goodnight sleep, sorry about DH waking you up, and thanks for reminding me trash day is a day late.

Sean is home today, he is bored, but I couldn't send him to school he threw up all night, I was very afraid he may get dehydrated. I kept getting him Gatorade and sprite, he is doing better today, has not thrown up, yeah! but I am home and I can't go anywhere, I don't like it! (ok enough of it! I have to stay home) I am not a home buddy at all, I wanted to go to the new gym and again I can't, it sux! The teacher's aid I hired was suppose to come on Monday and work w/Sean and give me a break but he called me to tell me he couldn't come as his wife had a Ectopic Pregnancy, so I called her yesterday and I offer to bring her dinner tonight, I am waiting for the teacher's aid to call me back, I already cooked but I don't want to take Sean in the car specially in this heat, the school he works at is very close to my home, so I am going to ask him to come and pick up the food, it is all ready to go. It smells wonderful. I make sweet/sour chicken, rice and vegetables. I have to run Sean is calling me.

I will try to check back later!

Hanna

sheila1971 09-05-2007 04:15 PM

Hannah:

You are a sweetie. Sorry to hear about sean, hopefully it is over quick! Good luck with the new gym.

lexytay 09-05-2007 05:34 PM

Hi All,

Well, I did all my errands. I took a lovely passport picture...does anyone like their picture on those things. It looks like a mug shot.

Hanna- Keeping busy, aren't you? Hopefully Sean feels better soon.

Laurie- Sounds like you have what you need for your gym. I have never tried the ab lounger, but I have been thinking about a total gym. None of it is going to work for me if I don't get motivated!:o

Lauren- Hope the interview went well.

Angie- I'm with you on the exercise, although I am really trying to start this week. Good Luck!

Well, hope everyone has a good evening. I am going to enjoy a quiet evening as my son is working and my dh is at band practice. He has a gig tomorrow, so I have to get dressed up and scream like a groupie while he is playing....it makes him feel good!

Have a great night all!

Alexis

lexytay 09-05-2007 05:34 PM

Sheila- Keep your chin up girl! You can do this!