3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Something Labor Day Weekend Chat: Sat-Mon, 9/1-3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/121780-30-something-labor-day-weekend-chat-sat-mon-9-1-3-a.html)

GatorgalstuckinGA 09-01-2007 07:27 AM

30 Something Labor Day Weekend Chat: Sat-Mon, 9/1-3

Hey all..hope everyone is enjoying some relaxation time. Just a quick hi before i go to work. Not really motivated to go to work this am. Oh btw...our a/c...still not fixed. Ok...so let me tell you a little of the story here about my whole a/c ordeal. The first day they came (about 1 wk ago)...they were suppose to do the upstairs and downstairs unit. Well the head guy in charge of the team told dh and i that what the estimator told us couldn't be done...therefore they didn't have the proper supplies...so the upstairs unit couldn't be put it. They work on the downstairs..and then i rearranged my schedule so this past thurs, they could come and work on the up unit. They told us it would only take a day. Well the guys work a bit..but as soon as DH left for school...they left 30 minutes laters saying that they needed to go bakc and get some stuff...would return tomorrow. Now these ppl knew that I worked the following day and DH had to leave for school by 1. Well of corse they didn't finish the following day. At one when dh left for school, they told him all they had left was to put the stuff outdoor and hook it up. Well it didn't work, they left a not for DH telling him to call the service to arrange a day for them to finish. Well dh called to see if anyone could come out (preferrably saturday). Management called us back and told us it would be a 250$ charge for them to come out and fix is...and it was OUR fault since thursday we "chased" the guys out of the house and we knew it was suppose to be a 2 day affair (umm no they told us one). UMMMMM back up the car...no I did not chase them out..i was prepared to stay here all day...but their lazy hot butts took the day off and lied to their head guy, saying we chased them out. Robert gave them a piece of their mind...well then the higher ups called us back and started to apologize once they found out the whole story and were very forgiving about the whole situation...so they are sending someone down this am. Hmmm we'll see if they get it fixed. So in my opinion..this place has had so many f'ups that i would NEVER recommend them to someone. Very poor communications skills and customer service. If i did half the crap they did at my vet clinic...i wouldn't have any clients...trust me...i know about customer service. The vet industry is bases 100% on customer service. So keep the fingers crossed that we have a/c today. I'm very annoyed and frustrated with this business right now. At the rate we are going, we'll have a/c just intime for the snow and ice LOL

Joan - glad to hear you know about the sensitivity.

Hey to everyone else. Enjoy your day.

RoadRunner 09-01-2007 08:44 AM

Good Morning!!
GG-Don't U just luv the "home improvement" people?? IT is always your fault..Hope it gets fixed today!!

Been a busy week so never even made it to the computer...between 3 speech classes, music class, gymnastics, sick child, volleyball games/practice, soccer practice supper and baths---no time last week....

Have a great weekend!! 2 more weeks until Disney!!!
RR

minnesotaffwife 09-01-2007 08:54 AM

GG That sucks about your AC, It never stops to shock me at how dishonest some people can be. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Ok Mrs. RoadRunner I see your weight ticker and WOW that is awesome. May I please ask what you have been doing and how long you have been doing it to lose the weight.
I had a small happy this morning I have lost about 2lbs since I started. I have not been able to weigh myself because we did not have a scale so I bought one yesterday and weighed this morning Hooray! Now can I have a donught??? (just kidding, makes me want one even less)

Outland 09-01-2007 09:20 AM

Hi all hope you'll have a great hoilday weekend. I've been @ work since 7am.

LBH 09-01-2007 09:31 AM

Mornin' All! :coffee2:

I'm on coffee overload today! :hyper:

Minne, was it you that asked what plan we're following? Anywho...I was following WW at one point...or a few points... :lol: Right now I'm slacking, but trying to be concious of what I'm eating....like, the Thomas' Oatmeal Honey bage I had this AM had 290 cal, and 3 gr. fiber and 11 gr. protein. But I can't find my points finder, so I have no idea how many points...and I didn't pay attention to how much fat was in it. (BUt it was really yummy!!) :lol3:

As for the scale, I have a Tanita Jenny Craig scale that I bought a year or two ago. I have never followed JC, but I like the scale because it keeps track of 4 people, goal weight and all the weigh in's in between. The batteries are dead right now, tried to WI last weekend and realized it. I think it was $50 or less.

RR, nice to see you, it's been awhile girl! :lol:

GG, hope the darn A/C gets fixed finally!! Service people suck!

Lexy,
Quote:

I thought you would all like to know that he is smartest person alive and he knows everything. Just send all your unanswered questions and problems his way....sigh...were we ever this stubborn????
Yes, we were that smart, I mean stubborn...don't you remember?! :lol3:

Joan, MO is hiding out on My Space, she doesn't love us anymore! ;) Ugh, I hope the side effects from the Accutane go away soon. :hug:

Hanna & Everyone else, 3FC has a nutrition database too! Here's where you can find it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/food-calorie-counts/

Lisa, sorry you haven't heard anything from LB...I say sh*t or get off the pot!! :lol:

Laurie, if you find a real winner recipe, post it up above in the recipe sticky!!

Alicia, I guess that's why your avatar pic is you in the car?! :rofl:

Joan, I am cracking up reading DS's adventure with his friend! :rofl: It's probably similar to how Peter is with his friend at school who is also Hyper/ADHD. There was one day, earlier this year, when they were playing with cars on one of those "roadway" rugs. They of course were not "driving" on the roads, but racing the cars from one corner to the other. David headbutted Peter...not hard, but impulsively. Peter freaked out and threw the 2 cars in his hand up in the air, narrowly missing another little girl! Bad mommy that I am, I had to stifle the laughter while the director talked to them! :rofl:

Adah, nice to see you!

OK, off to get ready to head over to the house! Have a great day all! :wave:

KAR73 09-01-2007 10:41 AM

Morning,
Just a quick hello and hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Off to a friend's house to watch college football this afternoon. Then on to another friends house for a party. Busy day!
Have a great day!
Kerry

lexytay 09-01-2007 10:52 AM

Morning everone!

I am so excited about this week's loss. I weighed in for my first week, and 4 pounds lost! I know they say you lose more your first week, but I am excited! I thank all of you so much for you laughter and help. I am going to do this!!!:)

Minnie- Great job on the weight loss!! SO proud of you! :hug:

Thanks to all who wrote scale advice.

GG- Hope your day goes well at work.. Sorry about the A/C. It is in the 90's here this weekend.

RR- Your weight loss goal is very close to mine. You are an inspiration WTG!

Lauren- Yes, I might have been that smart, but I still think he talks back and argues too much. He came home after school that day and told me HE forgave ME....he is a little sh*t, but he does make me laugh. I see that car getting farther and farther away!!:D

I am off to clean a bit for my Mom's visit. Hope everyone has a great day!

minnesotaffwife 09-01-2007 11:33 AM

Thanks Lexy
It is the little things that keep us going right?
You said you weighed in...is that at home or are you following a plan?
That is totally awesome that you lost 4 pounds
I think this forum is really going to help me keep on track this time...I really want to try to get to my goal weight before I stop nursing baby (next June) because I have those extra calories being burned so that should help right?
Anyhow. I have to get back to the kiddos.
have a nice day everyone.
P.S. how do you get the little photos of you to show up in your profile? I still can not figure that one out. Thanks

laurie2275 09-01-2007 11:56 AM

So today is really strange. About a year and half ago I "loaned my Brother in law 3700 to get a truck. He never paid and my sister made him give us the truck. So the darn thing has been in the driveway for months. I had been talking to my Dh and telling me Id like to get a minivan in addition to my wagon for larger deliveries and for bringing Bella and her cousins to the park or something. I really would like a 7 passenger. So, we listed the truck for sale. Nothing back. Then we posted it on craigslist.org in the barter section for a van and we have 4 people emailing me today. Sooo, we will be looking at those today. So strange.

We are also selling my Saab convertible. Just cant buckle and unbuckle the seatbealts too easy for the kids. Im gonna miss that car though.

BTW, no loss or gain the last 2 days but I have been good eating and working out. I know it will come.

We are doing a BBQ this weekend at my moms. I am doing boca burgers, turkey bacon and FF cheese. Also bringing a cherry pie that I found on hungry-girl.com. Tasted it a little and it was good. I am thinking you could do this pie with SF chocolate pudding too and make a pudding pie. I will post the recipe later.

minnesotaffwife 09-01-2007 03:00 PM

Laurie, that pie sounds really yummy
I have to stay away from all sweets for now or I could eat the whole pie/whole box/ whatever it may be. I think I have a bit of a sugar addiction.
have fun at your bbq and good luck with the Van.....I have a chevy venture and I love it but beware they have fule injector problems.

Outland 09-01-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBH (Post 1836826)

GG, hope the darn A/C gets fixed finally!! Service people suck!

HEY!! not all of us service people suck. Some of us lick too. :D

oh and GG there are handyman site out there for neighborhoods. Meaning if you find a good one you can post about it. If you find a bad one you can post about that too. They great for when you've moved into a new area.

lppennington 09-01-2007 07:07 PM

John, you crack me up!

Having a much better day today. Yesterday was just a "pitty party" day. I did open up my availablity and told them I would like more hours at my part time job and they have scheduled me for close to 40. Still not the pay I would like ~ but it is better than nothing.

GG, hope the air gets fixed. (or is it neutered?)

Lisa

GatorgalstuckinGA 09-01-2007 07:43 PM

LOL at lisa and john. And btw..we did get the a/c working. It didn't take long, thank goodness...and the head guy that came over this am told us they fired the guy who lied. Not that i'm happy about someone being fired....but dishonesty isn't something a company should allow. So its good
john - thanks for the info on posting..i'm glad they fixed the a/c...but also don't think i'll recommend them..so i'll have to go check it out.
Lexy - congrats on your loss...good job
rr -welcome back...are you going to school now???? glad to see you pop in here.
work was okay...very busy in the morning but than came to a screetching halt at 3...so it was ok...glad i'm home. DH is at his fater's til tomorrow helping him work on his kitchen...so i'm trying to get motivated to go for a walk. I think i'll do it after this post...i really need to because i was bad a work today and had a huge piece of cake. So i need to go burn off some calories...check back later..night!

lexytay 09-01-2007 09:09 PM

Good evening all!

Just got back from the Taste of Colorado. Lots of food, but I was good. Night Ranger played at the festival. They were pretty good, and it brought me back to the 80's for a while!:)

GG- Glad it all worked out with the A/C. I need to get motivated to walk, I am going shopping tomorrow for a bike hoping for some inspiration on the whole excercise thing. I know if I don't I'm going to plateau and get disappointed.

Minnie- I uploaded the photo from my computer, but there are lots to use under the user cp. Just go down to edit avatar. I weigh in at home. I bought a new scale and weigh every day, but I only change my ticker every week. I like to weigh every morning so that I know if I screwed up the day before and if I have to drop back on my calorie intake for the day.

Kerry- Hope you had fun at your get togethers. I love football!

Lisa- Glad you are having a better day.

Laurie- The pie recipe sounds good. I hear that craigslist is a great place to buy and sell cars. Good Luck!

Hope everyone has a great evening. We are sitting inside and watching movies tonight.

RoadRunner 09-01-2007 09:50 PM

Minnie--I lost over the last 9 months--but before any weight loss was occuring, I was diagnosed with Insulin Resistance and started taking Byetta--excercising and following the I R diet(sort of South Beach diet).. It was a healthy loss--Of course now, I am thinking 115lbs but 1 step at a time...

John--Your comment made me giggle!!

Ok--tired whining child!!!
Night!!!
RR