Old 09-01-2007, 09:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

well i was a good girl. I got myself motivated and did a 30 min walk with my dog and the n20 min of power yoga. I was craving a beer sooo bad tonight. And i told myself, i would allow one...but first i would have to exercise. So after my exercise i got a beer. Yes probably defeted the exercise...but at least i felt good that i just didn't go grab the beer without exercise. I was going to be productive and try to work on the upstairs...now that it isn't sweltering...but i think the beer has demotivated me LOL
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:37 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!
Joan it is a good thing to stay out of the sun anyway. You are doing great!
Lisa I am so glad you are getting more hours, that is great! I hope you find something else soon.

hi Laurie your story about your daughter is too funny!

Slimpossible I love Trader Joe's too, the have great packaged frozen veggies, and their cheeses are great and at a very good price. I to there about 2x a month, I wish I had a store closer to me, the closes one is in Escondido and it is totally out of my way, but I love that place! I am still laughing at your dvd/dishwasher story, KiDS!!! what part of L.A are you at. My best friend lives in Santa Monica, we meet at South Coast Plaza though not quiet 1/2 way.

John you are too funny!

GG I bet you are very happy to have the a/c again! good job on getting motivated on this weather!!!

RR good to see you again.

Lexy congratulations on the loss!!!

Adah what do you do for the liver's enzymes can you take Milk Thistle? that is suppose to be good to clean your liver, but I dint' know about the enzymes.

Sheila how are things going with your DH, maybe him taking the job will be a very positive thing, financially too. Maybe when he is away from you guy traveling he will realize what a great wife/mother you are, and rethink his attitude.

Kerry thank you for thinking of us, I can't even begging to tell you how I feel about birthmother. I don't have the words, but you can only imagine. GOod luck at work, sounds like you are a very dedicated teacher,

Lauren how are you doing? how is the house coming along?

I had a pretty long day today. It was very hot in the hight 90's again.
I took Sean to the pool today, it was great since it was so hot. But we had to come home, the nurse I hired from the hospital came to see him today, it was good to have her, she was here only 2 hrs. It has been pretty difficult today w/DS even thought the nurse was here, but it is not enough help. DH was suppose to work on Saturdays by appointment only, I am so mad at him right now, he left the house at 8:30 am and he just called he is on his way home.

I am exhausted I am going to go to bed early tonight, I have no plans for tomorrow, I am hoping DH will be home at least in the AM, they just opened a new 24 hrs. fitness 5 miles from my house, I want to go exercise there tomorrow, it is suppose to be great! I have to get moving more I am up 1.5 Lbs. the trainer said I am not heavier, that is muscle, I did loose another 2 inches all around, she may be right I guess! I am at 116 Lbs. my goal was 114 but I am rethinking that, I think I need to loose a little more to be more comfortable, I want to say between 105 and 109 would be great. We'll see.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

I am sorry if I missed anyone I am very tired
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:05 AM   #18  

hannah- good job on the wt loss. I would listen to your trainer. If you are working out alot and you gained weight but lost inches...then she's right...you gained muscle. And besides, its just a number. Sometimes our bodies don't really like the weight we want it to be at. Listen to your body. But good job on getting down to 116. i couldn't even imagine getting even close to that..i'm shooting for 130ishs (138 for now but i may lower it evenetually). I just know my body frame won't get down much lower. My family is very muscular and even my sister who's the thinnest at her tinniest weight (and looking awesome) was 125. So we'll see

nothing new to report here. Did a little house work this am and now i'm going to hop in the shower for work. uggh i really don't like this working on sunday crap. have a great day.
patricia
Old 09-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #19  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

We're headed to my cousin's today. The nurse said both my boys have had the vaccine 1x and that the booster was recommended, but not necessary and that it was unlikely that they would get it, but if they did it would be mild.

Made some brownies for the picnic today in my new oven last night. I'm not used to cooking with electric, so I wasn't sure how they'd turn out. They're delicious, but a little too chewy...it was difficult to cut them.

I pulled the paneling off the kitchen wall yesterday and guess what I found? More of that hideous blue, pink and green "diner" wallpaper!! Apparently someone in the 70's was too lazy to remove it and just covered it all with paneling!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:21 AM   #20  

Lauren,
Dont you just LOVE hidden treasures? We have found quite a few in our house too.

Hanna, Good going!!! You are almost at goal hugh? Awesome!!

GG, So is your AC on when doing this power yoga? If not I can imagine how you do it, girl. I think it would be like working out in a sauna.

I went to the BBQ last night. We were good. We had out Boca burger with FF cheese and low fat bun. I also made that pie and it was AWESOME!!! Soo good. I had fun, got to eat what looked like everyone else was eating and got to see another LB lost this morning. YAY!! When I got up it really motivated me to work out harder. I did 30 min on my bike and a abs and arms video for 30 mins. So, I feel really good about all that. NOW, I gotta spend the day cleaning (UGH!!).
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning!
GG that does stink having to work on Sunday, is is even busy on Sundays? good luck! are you enjoying the A/C?

Lauren the brownies sound yummo!!! what oven did you get? we just went though a big kitchen remodeling here, DH looked at every single appliance and studied it and measured it and compared it and on and on and on, and guess what??? I heard it all! It was major research, LOL. he in engineer! I can't believe all the stuff you are doing in the house, I am tired just thinking about it. Do you watch HGTV there is a show on I think called hidden treasure, I am not sure of the name of it, but it is amazing! people who move into old houses and the stuff they find in the attics is unbelievable. there was a particular episode I was so impressed with. A guy who bought an old ranch house and he was remodeling it, he got up on a ladder and was looking in the attic and found enough wood to do all the floor on this to die for wood, amazing! others have found things of great value too.

Laurie have fun today, congratulation on your loss and good for you for doing so well at the BBQ!

Have a great day everyone!
I have no clue what is the plan for the day, I really want to go to the new gym though!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #22  
aka "Minnie"

S/C/G: 175/155/135

Height: 5'3

Good morning, did you all see the crazy photo my husband put up on my profile last night? Really funny!
Anyhow sounds like everyone is having a pretty good weekend. I just made crepes and bacon for my family and had 1/2 of a crepe and 1 piece of bacon with no syrup or anything on the crepe....I wonder how many calories that would be? I dont know, I am taking it easy on the calorie counting today. I am still being careful and aware of what I am eating just not counting each thing.
Hanna, I would love to hear what your hubby found to be the best appliances...just for future reference (that way I dont have to do as much research )
Laurie, glad you had fun at your bbq....remember the cleaning you do today will burn calories too !
I am off to nurse the baby, have a good Sunday everyone.
Minnie
minnesotaffwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #23  
KAR

Hi everyone,
Glad you are all doing well on your eating this weekend. I was good yesterday until they brought the desserts out. Then I found myself nibbling. Plus it doesn't help that I had a 7 or 8 wine coolers on Friday night and 3 cups of beer last night. So I have to watch myself today. We are invited back out to our friends house for their family reunion again today. So I hope I have better will power today. LOL
John you make me laugh at your comments! You have a great sense of humor!
Lisa glad you were able to get some more hours at your pt job. That helps out a little bit right?
Hanna hope you are able to get to the gym this morning. Hope you got your rest last night. Did Sean have fun swimming yesterday?
GG glad that the a/c works now. Sorry you have to work today. Do you have to work every weekend?
Lauren have fun working at the house today.
Hi to everyone else. I have to leave. We were told last night when we left our friends that we better come over for lunch today. So I guess it is time for us to leave.
Take care,
Kerry
P.S. Maybe I can talk my dh to go for a walk this evening. I am going to need it with all the family reunions and parties we have been to lately.
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

omg omg omg I'm down to 331!!! I got on the scale to see how bad the damage was and I've lost another 7lbs. I got on scale 3 times and I even rezero the scale cause I was like this can't be right but it is!!!
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:54 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Good Mornin' All!!!
John - way to go on the 7 pounds!!!! Good for you! "Gimme a J Gimme an O Gimme a J..O..H..N.." Your own personal cheerleader - how special is that? lol...

Hannah - I am near Glendale / Pasadena..... are you familiar with that area?
Wherabouts are you?
So, SantaMonica is only like 45 minutes from me.... You must know how hot it is here lately! Yesterday was just gross!

Gator - Sorry you have to work today but maybe you will be able to stay cool! Is your dog able to hang out in the house during the day to wscape the heat or is she ok outside?

Hello Joan, Minnie, Laurie, Lauren, and everyone else!!!!

I need to get yardwork done today and am dreading it - it's already to hot and it's only 9:50 am! ughhghghghg

Oh I made the BEST salad the other night that was very refreshing since it's been so hot!
Chopped up Roma and on the vine tomatos
Chopped up celery
Chopped up red onion
Cut up fresh mozerella cubes
Then I put some fresh basil, oregano, and fine chopped green onions
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Then just topped with some light Italian dressing IT WAS SO GOOOOOD
Kind of a caprese salad! MMMMmmmmm

Check in later!
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:57 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

JOHN ~ EXCELLENT!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! WTG! Can't beat that kinda of feeling...

Very busy weekend on this end. We're off to my brother's house today for a pool party. Lots of really good food will be on the tables... Hope that it will go as good as last time as I was so busy visiting with people that I never got around to the dessert. Sweets are my *huge* weakness.

I made Belgian waffles for breakfast topped with fresh strawberries, cantaloupe ... and fresh whipping cream:-). I ate half of a waffle, loaded it with fruit and put a tablespoon of the cream on top ~ yummy!

Hope that everyone has an enjoyable holiday weekend ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:45 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Silm that was awsome thank you

Yeah Joan if I ever needed a pick me up it was now and 7lb lost is what I needed.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:33 PM   #28  

lauren - i don't know what you mean...tacky pink blue 70's wallpaper is wonderful LMAO. can we say gaudy

laurie - my downstairs a/c was working...and that's where the tv is. I still sweat even with the a/c...can't imagine power yoga without cool air. congrats for the willpower at the bbq. i don't know if i could have been as good.

hannah - work on sunday's varies. Today we were pretty busy. Usually what happens is we are dead from 10-1...then after everyone is done being holy...they decide that their pet is having an emergency (hmmm maybe it should have been an er 24 hrs after it was vomiting...not 5 days later). So a lot of what we see is er stuff...most people don't want to pay the fees to take their pet to the e/r. However we do see some vaccines and wellness stuff. So sunday's really vary...tomorrow will probably be dead...however no other vet clinic is open except the er...so we may see multiple emergencies again.
minnie - good job on only having 1/2 a creep
kar - when i got hired...i was told we work usually every other weekend...well right now we are short drs in the atlanta area...so i'm working a lot more wkends than i thought i was going to...and something i'm not really happy about...but i'm giving it time...we'll see in the next few months what happens. If i do work weekends i always have 2 days off during the day. it helps, but weekend are the only time dh has off. BTW...back away from the alcohol LOL
john -woohooo...congrats on the weight loss. good for you.
slim - my dog is spoiled..she is not an outdoor dog. She loves staying indoors...sometimes she'll hang out with us while we do yard work, but since she's a black dog she gets too hot in the sun. She has a very spoild life..but she isn't spoiled rotten. She's a great dog...housebroken, doesnt get into crap, leaves the cats alone. Couldn't do better than her.
hey there joan.

well nothing really exciting else to report...work was busy, which was good. It made the day go soooo quickly. I wish more days were like that...hate just sitting around. I'll check back later.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:52 PM   #29  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey all, I like GG I had to work today ~ retail ya know. It came in spurts, but overall was a good day. It was supposed to be my day off but someone in another department wanted to go to a friends memorial service. (Me wanting extra $ said I would cover.) I also work tomorrow (7:45 - 4:00) which is okay except the 7:45 part. I am not, not, not a morning person!!!

Lauren, maybe you should find some different paneling that you like better and re-cover it. Like bead board, or something.

John, congrats on the loss. I love weeks like that.

Hang in there everyone else.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:54 PM   #30  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey all, I like GG I had to work today ~ retail ya know. It came in spurts, but overall was a good day. It was supposed to be my day off but someone in another department wanted to go to a friends memorial service. (Me wanting extra $ said I would cover.) I also work tomorrow (7:45 - 4:00) which is okay except the 7:45 part. I am not, not, not a morning person!!!

Lauren, maybe you should find some different paneling that you like better and re-cover it.

John, congrats on the loss.

Hang in there everyone else.

Lisa

P.S. could on of the mods remove this post? Dont know how I posted two. thanks
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote