3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Somethings Daily Chat: Monday, August 20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/120812-30-somethings-daily-chat-monday-august-20-a.html)

sheila1971 08-20-2007 07:52 AM

30 Somethings Daily Chat: Monday, August 20

Good Morning everyone~

Today is the first day of school for my kids. I hate to see them go back but I am so ready for the routine. We will be dealing with two IEP 's this year instead of one.:carrot:

Anyway weight loss this weekend wasn't the greatest but today i am back on WW. Which should be fine. It is going to be crazy for a couple days getting used to having my smaller group back but that will be nice too.
Cassie's Dr. Appt went good last week. Her ear has swimmers ear that is with ear plugs and the swim band. hmmmm

anyway hope you all have a great day!!:dizzy:

upsgirl 08-20-2007 09:40 AM

Good morning Sheila. I am new to the hole posting thing, but I too am doing ww. I just started back up last week after a few months off and a 10lb weight gain:( Tomorrow I have surgery on my nose so that should help with next weeks weigh in lol.

My kids started back to school last Thursday and your right routine is a great thing to have. This year its nice and scary all at once my dd just turned sixteed a few weeks ago so she is driving ds to school everyday. Driving thats just a scary thought.... she still supposed to be three and spend all her time with me, oh well have a great day!!!!!!!!

IrishJoan 08-20-2007 09:44 AM

Morning Sheila... IEP's are a necessary evil;-). I only have one to deal with and that is more than enough. I didn't think that I wanted the kids to go back to school but must say that it's so nice to come back to a quiet house and actually have the time to work on some of my projects.

When will the morning exercise routine become a habit and not feel like torture??? It's a rainy overcast morning here and when the alarm went off at 5:15 I automatically hit the snooze button. I did manage to drag myself out of bed to get my work out in but in the time that it took for me to get up and start exercising, at least 100 different excuses ran thru my head. I know that I'm not alone here. Is there anyone out there that *used* to feel this way but now has made daily exercise into a habit that they do automatically (without thinking of 100 different excuses;-). I keep hoping that pretty soon this habit will stick and won't be as hard?

Happy Monday all ~ Joan

lppennington 08-20-2007 10:20 AM

joan, for an activity to become a habit, it takes about 21 days. I know what you mean about it raining and wanting to stay in bed. We have had non stop rain since 3 am on Sunday. You just want to stay in bed.

Shiela, hopefully the routine will settle in quickly. I hope so not only for your sake but for your kids as well.

upsgirl, :welcome3: to our group. We are all here for support and encouragement. Feel free to jump right in.

:wave: to everyone else.

Lisa

sheila1971 08-20-2007 10:34 AM

UPS girl: I totally understand. My ds is 17 and drives my other ds to middle school who is 13. Boy the freedom that comes with the license. It is crazy.

What are you having done to your nose? I have several friends who have lost so much on WW. I don't mind doing the routine and all and ww.

Have a great day

LBH 08-20-2007 10:35 AM

Mornin' All! :coffee:

upsgirl, :welcome: Hope all goes well with the surgery tomorrow! What are you having done, if you don't mind me asking?

Lisa, I hear ya' on the rain. It was a pretty miserable weekend here. Didn't rain the whole weekend, but it wasn't very sunny. That's alright, because i didn't leave the house all weekend! :lol:

Joan, Good for you getting up and exercising!!

Sheila, Hope Cassie's ear is better soon. :hug: Does she have the problem often? Maybe she needs tubes?

This is the big week!! Thursday we close on our house!! I'm soo pysched!! :dance:

Have a great day all!

laurie2275 08-20-2007 10:44 AM

Hi everyone!! I have today off and am gonna hang with the kiddies. My DH has poker tonight soooo Ill be home alone for a long time. Beautiful day out though. Gonna get my workout done and then have lunch on the deck. Lovely day for sparkling wine but I guess Ill skip it.

sheila1971 08-20-2007 11:26 AM

Lauren: She has had 4 sets of tubes and she has mastoid sugery 3 times. I think I hope her ear will be fine. They say they think it is only swimmers ear.

KAR73 08-20-2007 11:27 AM

Happy Monday to all,
Welcome Upsgirl! Hope you find all the support and friendship here that I have with this great group of people. Hope your surgery goes well for you tomorrow!
Shelia hope you can settle into a routine quickly with your kids being back in school.
Lauren are you feeling better today?
Joan it takes awhile for excerise to feel like a habit and not a chore. But atleast you are getting your excerise in. That's a good thing, isn't?
Laurie enjoy your day off.
I got up this morning to getting a phone call to pick up the stepkids at a friend's house. Their dad told them yesterday when we dropped them off at their mom's that they were not to go anywhere last night and that their days of running where over since school starts on Tuesday. Well their mom let them go spend the night at a friend's house and told them that we were the ones who had to pick them up. She never called and told us this. I was to go into my school and work on my classroom for a little bit today. But I had to go pick them up and then after getting to our house run the one back to his mom's to get a pair of tennis shoes. So I am waiting my turn in the bathroom now and hope that I can savalage some of my day to go into work. They don't realize how many people it effects when they make a mistake.
Well I am off of here to try and get myself in the bathroom and then get ready to go to work. Chat with you all later.
Kerry

707Goddess 08-20-2007 11:42 AM

Morning all
ok not to be the downer of the group but i had a HORRIABLE weekend jess moved back and that is the ONLY good thing soo no for the bad
DH car engine blew on the freeway not good since he works 2 jobs to support us
DH decided and we have been talking about this for about a year he's going in the army he's 27 and burnt out working 2 jobs and not getting picked up by PD really pushed him over the edge im gonna stay in the house with the kids and he will be gone for 2 years
as i had mentioned jessica moved back in i think she really got slapped in the face sat when we went to a family babyshower and i broke out in tears telling her dad's decion and that i would HAVE to adopt nevaeh in order for the baby to be caovered for life in the army well that night she called and said she wanted to come home
so it's good she doesnt try to be nevaeh's mom i can tell she moved back as our daughter NOT wanting to be a mother and me and DH are fine with that i mean we love them both to death
so im emotional crying all weekend and he wants to deploy as soon as next week
Michelle

KEN 08-20-2007 12:04 PM

Happy Monday - I haven't been here in a few weeks - but good news - I'm maintaining my weight loss... =)

How is everyone doing??

lppennington 08-20-2007 12:22 PM

Michelle, can they deploy him that quickly? I mean doesn't he have to go through boot camp and stuff? I am so so sorry.

Lisa

LBH 08-20-2007 12:50 PM

Hi Ken! :wave:

Michelle, Wow. That's a big decision. Is there an age cut off for the military?? Glad Jess has moved home. Hang in there! :hug:

Kerry, I'm feeling a little better, thanks. Both the boys are also schnotty though, so I'm giving them their Zyrtec too. Think I'm going to have to get the aspirator out for Peter's nose though...he refuses to blow, but he's soo full of it! :lol: Then I'll shoot some Nasonex up there.

Laurie, enjoy your day!

707Goddess 08-20-2007 01:14 PM

Lisa yeah he will be leaving for boot camp next week

Hdawn 08-20-2007 02:33 PM

Hi ALL!!
It's been busy on here this morning.
Sheila-I hope everything goes ok with the IEP's. No experience with them but I'm sure it can be frustrating. Good luck on WW and gettting back into the routine of things.
Ups- Welcome. I am new here myself but I find that I am loving it. Hope all goes well with your surgery.
Joan- YAY for you getting up and doing your routine. For me it helps that I can go directly after the bus stop. I drive STRAIGHT to the Y no excuses! But I'm sure it's easier for me. I have from 735-4:00 without kids, so I know that an hour or so won't ruin my day. I still have plenty of time and then some for other things. I hope you get in an easy habit soon.
Lisa- YUCK on the rain. I live in OKlahoma and there have been parts that have gotten MASSIVE flooding. Lots of fatalities. Lucky where I live it's not raining. However, it is HOT AND HUMID! I am so ready for cool weather.
Lauren- Hooray on your house. I bet you are PUMPED!
Laurie- Enjoy you alone time tonight. And enjoy your lovely weather today.
Kerry- Sorry your day started so rough. I feel for you. I think raising kids is tough, and me and my dh are still together. I can only imagine how hard it must be to add in other parties. Hope your day gets better.
Michelle- I am so sorry your dh is leaving. WOW and soon too. Stay strong. I'm glad your daughter is home. It sounds like thats a good thing. Don't forget to come on here and vent and cry if you need too.

A big hello to all that I missed.
As for me, weekend was okay eating wise. I usually exercise M-F then on the weekends I usually take off. Usually we are busy with the kids.
I went this morning for my 1st visit with my trainer. She seems great and very knowledgable. I did a step test (which I did good on) and then of course a body fat test. HOLY CRAP!! Was that an eye opener. I tried not to get too depressed and she was really supportive.
On wed. we will do sit up test, flexibiltiy test, and bench test (for strength) then we will discuss my goals, routine for me etc. I think I'm gonna like it. The best advice she kept stressing was I HAD TO BE PATIENT. That it all take time. Help me hang in there. I am very impatient when it comes to results.
Then I did 30 min on the elliptical.
Well off to do some laundry.
Chat later,
Heather