Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 06:13 PM   #31  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow! You all have been busy!

Welcome back Nanci!! I was asking about you not long ago! We hear from Legal.. she's been here since I've been back. Not heard from Kymber in awhile! It is great to have you back!

I had a wonderful New Year's. Lots of Laughing! We played pictionary, which is hard to get the guys to agree but my friend and I really push for it. So many laughs. The kids were funny too!

I am back at work and made some new resolutions. I am serious about getting healthy. I have no house to do projects on like last year... so I am goign to make my Main focus getting healthy. I have planned to lose at least 62 pounds this year (more would be good!) If I lose 7 this month and then 5 every month after that I will be on schedule (again, more would be good, especially to help with October through December). Here's my problem though. I need help with this.... I drank water... I had vegetables with dinner.... I had a healthy lunch and breakfast... but when I got home (for about an hour) I ate a little of this and a little of that... I just eat stuff...I need help controlling that... The right after I get home binge.

RR, I want your snow!

Ok, I have to go.. I will try to reply later... sorry! Little guy needs me.

dani
Old 01-02-2002, 09:49 PM   #32  

Hi!

Ok tomorrow is the big day back to WW. I am really excited, for two reasons. !) A friend I made years ago at WW (when I made lifetime) is a leader and she will be doing an evening class on Thursdays. We met about a month into our weight loss efforts before and have been good friends ever since. She has been working as a receptionist for them since then and started leading about a year ago. 2) The DH has said he wants to go with me. I think this is going to be so helpful to me. I can't wait to see his face when they tell him how many points chocolate is! He tried telling me tonight that he is 6'1. He is really 5'10 or 11. I am betting on the 10 he swears 11.

We had a nice NY's. We had a bunch of friends over. Everyone spent the night and we had a big slumber party. I was very proud of myself I got up and went for a walk. I decided I wanted to start the New Year out right. How are we tracking miles these days?

BFB, Oh your poor husband. I was giggling reading your post.

RR, What movies did you watch? We have been on a movie kick lately. I want to go see Ocean's 11 for the eye candy.
I don't know if I told you or not but I finally made it to New Orleans. I went for a work incentive and we stayed at the Ritz. We had a good time. We went on one of those City tours, that is usually not my thing but I loved it. What a lot of history that town has. The cemetaries are different than anything I had ever seen.

Lauren, I am glad you are feeling better. Everyone needs a pity party once in awhile.

Rabbit, We will be facing the music together tomorrow night. I am starting to think it might be worse than I have been anticipating. I have decided not to get on the scale before I go.

Elisa, I know what you mean. Some food just should not come through our front doors.

Dani, It sounds like you all had a wonderful New Years.
Old 01-03-2002, 07:11 AM   #33  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Bad News...

Hi All,

Vicki asked me to post a message for her. She went for her sonogram yesterday and her little angel died sometime between Friday and yesterday. She is going for a D&C Friday. Please keep her and Refman and their baby in your prayers. She will try and be back here next week.

Vicki, we love you, and we'll all be thinking about you and praying for you and your family.
Old 01-03-2002, 07:21 AM   #34  
Pink Thingy

Default I'm so sorry

I've just logged on and seen the news.

I know nothing that we say can take the pain away, but I am thinking and praying for Vicki and Refman and their angel.
Old 01-03-2002, 08:05 AM   #35  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Default So Sad To Hear The News.......

I just read Lauren's note and I am so sorry. I had a little cry for you and Vicki just know we're thinking about you and praying for your family.
Old 01-03-2002, 09:12 AM   #36  

Vicki, I'm so sorry. Your going thru a very difficult time. I'll be praying for strength and comfort. That God will help you deal with your sadness and hurt and anger. God bless you. - jul
Old 01-03-2002, 01:02 PM   #37  

Vicki - I am so so sorry. You will all be in my thought and prayers.

Rabbit
Old 01-03-2002, 01:16 PM   #38  

Lauren - I am always glad to get back to a normal schedule - guess I'm just a routine girl! ~ I know EXACTLY what you mean about getting your body back to a not eating so much mode. ~ About my upcoming trip, we will be staying in Manhattan. We are going with dh's partner & his wife, so I'm afraid I won't have much free time. Sorry! Thanks for all the info, dh already has the hotel plans - lots of sales. ~ glad your turkey meatballs turned out great. I use it ground up most of the time. The salmon turned out good.

Elisa - I don't have willpower either. Dr. Phil says (I love the guy!) that we should not count on willpower to get us through because sometimes it is just not there. We should PLAN our way to success (like not having that stuff around - my typical way of doing it also - holidays made that tough). ~ I'm with you, I have no intention of letting this setback stop me! ~ And I am POSITIVE that you can do this! You have done so awesome and I KNOW you can get back on track.

BFB - GET WELL!

Happy - what an awesome plan! Good luck! And my only advice on the eating when you get home is suckers, like tootsie pops. They last a long time & keep you busy!

Nanci - Cool that you are so excited about ww! I need that to rub off. ~ I usually post my miles weekly. I don't know if anyone else is planning to track or not. ~ I am going to HATE getting on that scale tonight.

have a good day everyone.

RABBIT
Old 01-03-2002, 04:38 PM   #39  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

OH my heart sunk. I am so sorry, Vicki. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

love, dani
Old 01-04-2002, 12:03 AM   #40  

Vicky,

I am so very sorry! Please know my thoughts are with you and your family.

Love
Nanci
Old 01-04-2002, 08:29 AM   #41  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Unhappy

I was scared to write because I was embarrassed for being a failure..I am soo sick inside but will be better in 9hrs when I can close that chapter in my life...Refman named it Jamie since we will never know if it was a boy or girl...I am scared of today..but too scared to wait for nature to make it better in a few weeks...
Thanks again for the support
Vicki
Old 01-04-2002, 08:41 AM   #42  
Pink Thingy

RR

I would have sent this by PM - but I just think everyone needs to see this.

You are not a failure. Sometimes things happen in our lives and we don't understand why. But under no circumstances are you a failure. This is not very eloquent and I know what I want to say, but am struggling to find the right words.

Just to let you know again that you are loved, we are thinking and praying for you and your family and you are not a failure.

If there is anything we can all do in anyway, please let us know.

Love

BFB (Denise)
Old 01-04-2002, 09:39 AM   #43  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Vicki - I think I understand why you feel that way but I think it's too hard to see things clearly right now and in no way are you a failure. In time I'm sure you'll see that and I won't say this is for the best because I don't pretend to know why things happen but you have to believe in the end everything will work out and you'll be okay again.

Take care of yourself and know we're thinking of you.

Elisa
Old 01-04-2002, 10:04 AM   #44  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR- Sent a PM reply to you. You and Refman are going to come through this just fine, and you are not a failure!! Glad to see you post though.

Rabbit- Oh well, have fun in NY, maybe someday we can all get together somewhere!

Nanci- How did WW go? What did DH think?!

Dani- Night time is the hardest time for me too. If I could afford to, I'd hire a personal chef...or at least have only pre-made meals in the house, so all I have to do is heat them!! Man, it's hard enough getting the LC's for lunch.

Have a good day all...
Old 01-04-2002, 10:55 AM   #45  

Vicki: nope, not a failure. Words can never say what a hug and a good cry can. Please know that we're all hugging you and crying with you today. Please remind us again of when Jamie's due date would of been. I know that will be a tough time for you too. I usually try to make a little donation to our local crisis pregnancy center when any of my friends lose babies. I'll be making one in honor of Jamie. - jul
Closed Thread