Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Wednesday, 8/8

Mornin' All!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:38 AM   #2  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All -

Hope everyone is having a good week. I am still struggling to find time to get on the eliptical that is right in my basement. I have a 15 month old at home and she's my world from the time we get home until she goes to bed around nine and then I just dont have it in me to go down stairs. I was doing really great walking outside for atleast a mile a day then that went away also, seems there's always something else that needs done, cook dinner, play outside, swim in the pool. I guess it could be worse, I could be sitting on my butt watching tv. I seem to be maintaining the weight loss - even going down a pound here and there, but I know it would go quicker if I would just work out. I need the strength to get my butt out of bed in the morning a half hour early and do it. How do you ladies motivate yourself to get out of bed when that alarm goes off early?

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:40 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning everyone

ahhh I got my lap top back and I am so happy. Anyhow the birthday wasn't bad.

My dad came by and took me for a drive and we talked. DH went to lunch with me and made the kids go with me to dinner I craved a salad and pizza hut was the only place in worland with a good salad bar. The kids spoiled me. DH got me a card. I hate funny cards I mean I like them but I expect some mushy stuff from him, that was ok he at least wrote Love DH and has started telling me he love me again doesn't mean everything is peachy king but it is a start. Did not hear from his mom at all. It doesn't really matter I have been nice but I don't call her at all I figure she can live with being childish but I am very nice when she is walking by or stops by. Good mental health!!! Oh so DH first year in 20 years I have not got a gift from him so I ordered an espresso machine from QVC and charged it to him. Hahaha he knows about it but I added up last month those skinny mochas times 4 well it was well over 200.00 so the machine was so totally worth it and will pay for itself in a matter of a month.

You guys thank you for being here for me. I do so love it. I do have one problem WHY when my DH is such a jerk the weight falls off and as soon as he starts being nice I start to eat again?? Not alot but I have had to really watch it!!
I got some awesome recipes that I broke down to low fat, low cal. I will post them on the recipe thing.

Have a Happy Hump day! I will catch up later! Hanna thanks for thinking of me~
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:09 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey Sheila! What a great present for yourself! Enjoy it! Glad to hear things are a little better...hope it continues on an upward spiral! Can't wait to see the recipes!

Angie, how about putting Leslie in the stroller and taking that 1 mile walk? Does she nap after lunch? Maybe put her in the stroller after lunch and she'll be asleep by the time you get back and you can get some stuff accomplished?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Sheila ~ I'm so glad that you had a happy birthday and are back with us! I was thinking yesterday that we hadn't heard from you in a few days and was worried that things got worse over your birthday. Not the case:-). LOL at buying the espresso machine. Doesn't GG have one also??? I'm starting to think along those lines... I only go to Starbucks a couple of times a week but it adds up.

Angie ~ I've gotten up now for the third morning in a row and it's a killer. Once I'm up and about, I'm so happy that I took the time to exercise. Plus, it's a quiet time in the house and there are very few moments like that thru out the day, so I enjoy the peace. Nice time to think while I'm doing something that is so good for me. I know that if I keep forcing myself to get up and move, it becomes a habit after a while. Making it into a habit is the tough part. Haven't conquered that myself LOL.

Talk to everyone later ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #6  
sheila

Joan

I only go 3 times a week also but times that by 12 months!! Alot of $$$$.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:41 AM   #7  

good morning all!....i just finished the treadmill and thought i would pop in and say "hey"

i hope everyone is doing great...i cant get to everyone right now so i will try my best to come back this afternoon...

i did want to say, i got my new shoes (finally) (thank you john for the info about them)...first i got the wrong size now the ones i got yesterday are soooooo ugly, they are not the colors i picked..i picked white/white/silver...i got white/greyblue/green!!!!....but i decided whatever, i wanted to use them so this morning i did...it was pretty cool...i think i will be on the treadmill or outside more than ever!.

ok all...have a great day!...get some exercise in and eat great foods!

bye bye
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #8  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 01:31 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...i don't have time to catch up on the previous days...but i saw todays.
And joan, yes i do have an espresso machine...live by mine. I miss mine this week in portland.
sheila glad that dh is being a bit better..hope it continues
morning to all else
things are going well here...i'll tell you all about it...when i get back...but right now its time to head to class again
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:05 AM   #10  
sheila

Katrina: I totally agree with your take on kids. My oldest is 17 my middle 13 and youngest 9. Finally after last year I did start doing for myself and it is amazing how much better we feel.

GG: Thanks I hope so to but I am just taking it day by day. Hope you have a great day
Old 08-08-2007, 10:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Angie do you work full-time or SAH? I've done both and fitting exercise in isn't easy any way you slice it. Excuses, excuses, excuses... I am so tired of making excuses for not exercising. What has been helping me back my big butt out of bed is to set the alarm 10 minutes before I actually have to get up. I use that time to slowly wake up and every morning I think the same thing, "I don't want to do this but I also don't want to hate myself an hour from now because I didn't take the time to exercise." That has helped me in the past and just hope that I'll feel the same way tomorrow a.m. when the alarm goes off at 5:30. No promises LOL... one day at a time.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

morning all such a lovely day going to be 100 or better here. I'm ready to shoot myself just so I can stay in the A/C. Ok not really but yeah going to be nasty today. Hope everyone has a good day.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:15 AM   #13  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

morning all i posted yesterday but of course POOF it was gone i'll catch up later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #14  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Hi All! Sorry, just a quickie. Tired...very tired...only slept 8 hours in the past 4 days and I'm barely functioning here @ work! Meds taking awhile to get regulated w/this new dose. Really, really exhausted. Weight loss stopped-nothing lost in over a week now 'cause I can't work out until I've gotten 3 days in a row of 7+ hours of sleep ea. night-dr. orders...so here I wait and wait and wait for sleep...will it continue to escape me????

Have a great Hump Day! If you've got a honey pie-get to humpin'!

Love ya, MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:30 AM   #15  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

I work full time. 8 - 5 Monday thru Friday. I have Leslie up at 7 to get ready to go to the sitter. I just need to get my butt up at 6AM and do it. I will try tomorrow and report back. In the evening if I walk outside Leslie goes with in her stroller and loves it. Typiclly the whole family goes. (Matt, I, his son (9) and Leslie.) Plain and simple -- I can find too many excuses in the evening -- just get up at 6:00 and get a work out in. I will put everything out tonight so I just have to roll out of bed and do it. We'll see how it goes.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote