Old 08-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5' 5"

Smile Newbie wanting to get involved!

I am 37 and live in Colorado. I have struggled with my weight most of my adult life. I have PCOS and have a hard time staying trim!

I have two boys... 7 years old and 18 months old. They keep me very busy and I run a business with my husband part time also.

I am starting over again..... I am going to follow the south beach diet seems to work the best with my family and ease of staying on it.

I would love to get more involved with this web site but I am pretty un- familiar with posts, blogs etc... I want to be able to share my journey and get support along that way.
susiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #2  
KAR

Welcome Susiemom! All you have to do is jump into our daily chat thread and join us. We are a great group of people who give advice and support for each other. Plus we have a few good laughs along the way.
Hope to chat with you more on the daily chat thread.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi susiemom! Like Kerry said, just hop into the "Daily Chat" thread and start posting!

Also, I think there's a thread somewhere on the forum for PCOS that you may want to check out. It's under "Dieting with Obstacles".
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Hi, Susiemom, and welcome!

I am 33, and didn't have true weight issues until about a year after my son
(11) was born. It's just progressed upward since then, and getting it to go downward is tough.

I still can't seem to settle on a plan, because I get tired of following plans strictly after about a week or so. I've tried YOU: On a Diet two times now. For some reason, even though the menus are perfectly sensible, I seem to gain weight. Perhaps it's just been bad timing with TOM or something. The longest on any one plan I used recently was Slim-Fast. I was able to do it on & off for a month or so. But now I need a break from the bars & shakes, even if regular foods were mixed into it. Then I was just trying to watch what I was eating, and now I am going to give South Beach another try (didn't think I would!) but I'm doing it my way this time (rebel me, lol). Thinking of alternating between Phase 1 & Phase 2. I know it's supposed to take 2 weeks to cleanse your system of the carb overload, but I don't have the stick-to-it-ive-ness to go for more than 1 week, it seems.

There are great recipe ideas in the South Beach section. Other times, I've just gotten tired of eggs for breakfast and salads for lunch, but I think the recipe resources (especially the Phase 1 breakfasts) here might help! Thing is, the recipes in the cookbook are YUMMY and I found myself going back to them time and again for ideas for dinner. So, giving it a try, doing it "my way." Hopefully relaxing some will help me stay on it. We'll see...

So far, I've found great support at this site and in the 30-something forum. Hope it helps you!

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Welcome! As a fellow beacher I invite you to pop over to the SB section of the forum and check things out! Anything you could possibly want to know is over there, including updated lists (if you are going based on the book alone you want to check this out!). The chicks over there are wonderful and can answer any questions you may have and the support is awesome. There is always room for another towel on the beach, the cabana boys are smokin and very rarely do we throw sand! Good luck!
Pacergal29 is offline   Reply With Quote