Old 07-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #16  
KAR

Hi Everyone,
Well I got my workout in this morning. I think me and Denise Austin are going to be fast friends. But man is she a just a little too perky sometimes! LOL I have even been to get my paycheck, the bank and came home to pay bills. Thank goodness for the computer and paying bills on-line. At least it makes it smoothier that way. Now I have to think of something healthy for lunch. Spend some time with the hubby and stepsons before going off to day number two of work.
Joan sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you too. Hope you get everything done that you set out to do today. So what are you fixing for dinner for your parents? Since getting back into the swing of working out I sure have felt better. Maybe that could be one reason my dh and I haven't had a fight in over a week.
Tiffanie, hope you have a great weigh-in tomorrow. I will keep my fingers crossed for good news from you!
Lauren glad that your mom is feeling better. I hope that they can figure out what is causing her to still feel sick to her stomach and make her feel better!
Well everyone I better go and get something for lunch. Chat with you all later. If not before I go to work then hopefully after.
Have a great afternoon!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #17  
KAR

Shelia,I can relate to the living by inlaws. Don't get me wrong I have some the key word is some great in laws. But we live in the same town as my dh's family and we are always doing stuff with them. My family lives 4 hours away and it is a struggle to even get my dh to go home with me the few times a year that I can go. I don't think he has been home with since last Thanksgiving. I have been home 3 times since than. My family doesn't think he likes them because he doesn't come home that often with me. So that puts me in the middle. Plus his family gets snotty with me sometimes when I tell them that this holiday we are going to spend it with my family. What really got my goat was when we lived in a bigger house than we do now and every holiday dinner was at our house. One Christmas they wanted to come to our house while we were not there and use it so everyone would have room. I went through the roof! Needless to say they didn't have the meal at our house. Hope you and your dh can make a decision about his job offer. Will it be better for him in the long run with the company?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:32 PM   #18  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Yes it will almost double his already very nice salary but I want to live at least 3 blocks away, I don't blame you been through that.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Big John - Keep it up!! What an inspiration. Are you feeling a lot more energy since exercising? I know people always say that, but Idon't seem to have the energy to start.

Sheila - I agree with Lauren and Joan. I don't really have any friends and just need to vent. Plus, my one friend is still back in AZ and I don't know why, but this stuff seems TOO personal. And forget talking to my mom, ugh. I feel safe here. Tough one on DH's job. How much would he be gone? Is he supportive of you guys moving? And YEA on the kiss!

Joan - DH and I have been together 15 years (married 14). I think you are right, he subconciously doesn't want to move (He's been in AZ since he was 2). He keeps saying how much money we'll lose if we don't have the house in tip-top shape before listing. It is not in disrepair. Plus, just meet with the real estate agent for crying out loud. They'll tell us what needs to be done. Our whole life is packed and sitting in the garage. I need my own home!!! Sorry, more whining.

Kerry - I agree with you about on-line bill paying. I rarely write a check (only 1 in the past year to a repair man who didnt take credit cards). It sure is a time saver. I don't even keep a check tracker. Just check everything on-line.

GG - good job on not hitting the snooze and getting the walk in Glad DH will be coming home. Several more weeks seems like forever, but it will be over before you know it. Any news on the a/c?

RR - will say a prayer for the little one. How scary. Enjoy your weekend, you deserve it.

Adah - I agree with the others in just packing healthy for him and cooking him a healthy dinner. Maybe you could have a snack with the kids at 5pm and eat dinner with him?? Just a thought.

Rooster - I hear you....it does suck. We need to pull each other out of this!!

Well, I have to go get some lunch before work (OT!!!!) Talk to you all later...have a great night since I won't be on till late.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #20  
KAR

Just wanted to say hi before getting ready to go to work. I hope everyone is having a great day! My day is okay. We got a surprised guest for the day. Not happy about it at all. My stepkids had a friend spend the night at their house and then came over to our house to spend the day with them. This would have been fine if we had been asked if it was okay with us. But they have been awful today showing off for their little friend. I guess I need to go to work just to get away from them. I haven't been able to do anything I have wanted to do today due to entertaining and trying to keep order in the house. I did get some laundry done. Yippeee! When we went to Wendy's for lunch today, I got a grilled chicken sandwich and a baked potato. I stayed away from everyone's fries. So I am very pleased with myself.
Kerri I can relate with you about the husband not wanting to move. If and when we get a new house, it has to be in the same town that we are living in. Hope you can sell your house soon!
Well I better go change clothes, grab my Slim-Fast Shake and a couple bottles of water and go to work. Talk to you all later. Have a great evening.
Kerry
Old 07-27-2007, 04:46 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

thanks everyone. was thinking that's what i was going to do. i did go to the store and get more food so i could pack him some things for breakfast and lunch. i did kinda tell him on the phone ...he was telling me he is really tired so i told him i think he would feel a lot better if he eat in the morning and at lunch he really does work too hard not too be and he needs to make time to do it. so he was OK with it and i left it at that. making up for 2 lost meals at 8 at night can not be good for you. it will be a start ....and for super i think i will just redo my eating times to fit his. i think maybe i have been making it harder on me buying food for me and then for him that seems silly when i really think about it. thanks to everyone for listening to me ramble on here hope we all have a great weekend

adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:53 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Kerry- I got what I asked for. Its amazing it took someone less then 2 mins to nearly destroy what took near a month to complete and then it took me 3 hours to fix after they hit it. lol

Kerri- Other then sore joints lol the only thing I notice is I sleep better and deeper. as for energy during the workout. I tried something I found in men's health for runners. An that is to drink a Gatorade before working out. I forget the name of it but its like there is a battery inside of use when we use that all up then we feel exhaust and want to quit. Gatorade has the same thing as our battery uses. So by drink it our body uses it first then goes to our battery.

I get a 32oz one and drink half of it about 5mins before I'm going to go out and I drink the other half when I get in. I did notice a change in my ability to work out and to recover.

LBH- I try to be strong a lot of people tell me they couldn't have handle all I been Thu. Between growing up getting this disease, living in a wheel chair for weeks. Losing my car and apt cause I couldn't work, had no insurance. The state of PA say I was only worth 200.00 a month. Then working my way back. Now I working on losing weight with everything working against me lol. I see it as being me this is who I am. If things came easy to me in life I wouldn't be who I am now. Cause I wouldn't cherish what I have now. From my friends to the roof my head.

But I'm no where near as strong as all you here are. Between kids, and husbands, and running family to buying a house dealing with in-laws and your working out and losing weight and dealing with issues that can cause. Its reading what you all go Thu day to day that helps me push me that few extra steps that extra rep.

I guess what I'm saying is thank you all for helping me find my strength.

I also wanted to say sorry for anyone I felt out there so many people and I suck at multi tasking. I don't mean to leave anyone out.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:56 PM   #23  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

John you keep up with the positive thinking your doing Great!!!! Who cares what the government thinks all of us are worth. You keep your chin up !!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all...well i survived my first week of work..it was good...and DH is home so that's great too. (he's currently working on fixing some piping issues with the dryer...thank goodness i have hubby who knows how to fix things) so this week has been good so far. I'm happy to see dh...i missed him this week.
kim i can realate w/ what you said about denise austin...i have one of her dvd's and i love it...but at times i want to ring her perky little neck...it can be a bit annoying...but darn are her workouts awesome.
keri - to answer you question...we had some ppl out to look at the a/c...we will hear if insurance will pay for any of it monday prob. DH has done a lot of research in the mean time....ughh the one's he wants are expensive...but more energy efficient...so we may shell out the money for them...but that will put a huge dent in our savings we has...we'll see what happens.
sheila- i agree with everyone here..i think we all like to vent her...even i vent here...its one of the few places i feel comfy doing it. I hope things get better for you soon. Hopefully you can move away from MIL soon.
hanna- hope you are ok...hang in there girl.
hey to everyone else...check back later.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:55 PM   #25  

WOOT!! I just weighted myself 339.6lbs!!

12lbs from 3 weeks ago.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:27 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outland View Post
WOOT!! I just weighted myself 339.6lbs!!

12lbs from 3 weeks ago.
thats awesome !!!!!!!!
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:43 PM   #27  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

WTG John!!!!!

GG, Ugh, hope the insurance will pay a decent chunk of it, so you can get the better one!

Adah, sounds like a good plan, hope it helps DH!

Kerry, Good job on the healthier choice at Wendy's!

Hi Joan, Tiffanie, anyone else i missed!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:08 PM   #28  
KAR

Sounds like we have all done a great job staying OP today! Way to go ladies and gents! Keep up the great work!
Adah glad that you were able to talk dh into eating healthier. Hope it works out for everyone involved. What a creative approach you had there about the not eating two meals and helping with your tiredness.
GG glad you survived your first week at your new job and your new home. Enjoy your time with your hubby! Hope things get resolved with your a/c or lack there of soon.
Big John, congrats on the 12 lbs. lost! Way to go! Sounds like you have found a plan that works for you. Sorry to hear that you had a rough day at work. Do you have to work tomorrow? If so, hope things go smoothier for you. I know all about having a rough day at work. Because I sure had one. Customers can be so rude at times, but you just have to smile and bear it!
Hanna, have been thinking of you and your family. Hope things are going a little easier for you all. Hang in there sweetie!
Hi to Lauren, Tiffanie, MO, Shelia and everyone else that I might have missed. Hope life is treating you well!
Well the Slim-fast shake on my first break 5 minute break worked for my dinner. Than I drank a bottle of water and had a Slim-fast Peanut Butter bar on my last break of the evening around 9. So I think I might have found a solution of how to eat healthy well at work. I didn't come home starving tonight. Yeah!
Well I better go and think about going to bed soon. Have to be up at 6 a.m. in the morning to get dh and my twin sds' ready to go walk out the door by 7:45 for their baseball tournment they are in. Then I can have the house to myself until I have to be at work at 9 a.m. Thank Godness I only live about 5 minutes from my job. But I will get a workout in in the morning at that ungodly hour on a Saturday morning.
Have a great evening everyone!
Kerry
Old 07-27-2007, 11:55 PM   #29  

I'm on call tomorrow I bought oprea tickets back in feb 100 a seat I requested off in feb sent I reminder at the end off june and everyone gets off but me that day. I'm not going to get into it cause yeah its not worth it but then I found out tonight that some random dude slam a steel door into my date for the oprea and slash her foot open! All he said was out of my way B#$%* and kept walking. That happened around 2pm she said its still oozing when I talked to her @ 8pm so yeah.

I really friggin hate men right about now.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:58 PM   #30  

hi all!...its almost 9 here but i thought i would post and hopefully you will see it at least tomorrow if not tonight...

well my mom is here from arizona..its great having her...we shopped all day today it was fun and long!...got in all my walkig though i would say..and i kept my appt with my personal trainer, so she went with me!...

so my kids are absolutely spoiled...even dominic who isnt here right now...so when he comes home..he has what he likes or wanted...so both are taken care of (as usual)...its great to let her spoil them sometimes..she does it about 2x a year outside of christmas....

well my new shoes i was supposed to pick up todya..they dont fit!!!!...i was mad at first but i decided i am just going to go to nike.com and order the size i need...these were alittle too big so i am getting 1/2 size smaller and they will be here within the week i hope cause i have the ipod and sensor part of it now i just need a shoe!

ok everyone...i have to go..have a great weekend...i will be busy partying tomorrow!...hannah i do want to get my number to you..we are in the same state so we can chat at the same hour that works for both of us..take care sweetie!...

bye all..have a great weekend!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote