Old 07-21-2007, 10:23 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

I just did 3.27 miles in an 1hr and 27 mins. Was non stop start to finish. I think I'm ready for 5 miles tomarrow.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:51 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

good morning to everyone. how have we all been doing? things here have been crazy but going good i have 2 girls getting ready to start school it seems like every year it gets harder and harder to get them ready for it. but wow mommy can not wait!!!!! i have been doing really good with keeping my calories at 1400 and working out everyday but the scale has not moved for a week now. must be time to mix up the workout some. well better get on the workout hubby and kids are still sleeping it is soo good when i start the day off quiet ...this does not happen much around here...lol birds do still sing in the morning wow!!!
adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:26 AM   #18  
EGR

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/140

Karen, will you pm me and tell me who dies in the Harry Potter book?
EGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:20 PM   #19  
KAR

Hi Everyone,
Hope everyone is enjoying this nice summer day! It is not hot here in Ohio for a change. There is a nice breeze blowing and the sun is out. So it should be nice for me to go push mow the yard here in a little bit.
John, I hope you have fun today at your aunt and uncle's house. How long will it take you to walk the 5 miles?
Welcome Erin! You have come to the right place for support. These people are great here. I am a newbie too and they make you feel like part of the group in no time.
ADAH, hope you got your workout in this morning. What did you do? I know it is amazing about the birds singing outside in the mornings and not having to listen to the cartoons on tv or the kids fighting over the X-box first thing in the morning. LOL
Hi to everyone else. Hope all is doing well this weekend. Well check back in later.
Have a great afternoon.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

SHE"S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys..i feel like its been ages...even though its only been a few days. Okay so i tried to play catch up from the last few days...but no real luck. So it's official...we've moved. It was a tiring few days. Moving went pretty well and quickly...but then trouble arose. First we discovered our upstairs a/c unit died. Had the a/c man come out...its officially dead, can't be fixed. We knew buying a 15 yr old house with the original a/c meant it could go, so oh well..now we need to decide do we save some money are replace both units at the same time??? ohh well...its been fun working upstairs in the heat...luckily today its been beautiful. Then after the a/c incident, DH found a leaky valve to the washing maching. In the process of changing the value we had a slight flood due to DH overlooking something (LOL), but water will dry. Luckily, DH is mechanically inclinded and fixed the leaky value. Then last night i was mowing the lawn (while DH was fixing the valve) and triped on a pine cone and strained my ankle, but luckily i can walk on it, although it hurts like ****. But overall the house is great...we have gotten almost all of our stuff unpacked. Mowing the lawn will definately be a choir. We have 1/2 acre of land and we only have a push mower. I definately got my exercise last night mowing the grass...it took me almost 2 hours. It may sound weird...but i like mowing the grass...i like being outside and its very mind clearing for me. So i love our new house....would love it more if the a/c worked...but i'm surviving. So for now things are good. I have 30 min until i have to bring DH to the airport...he's going to be working in Savannah for 3 more weeks and coming up on the weekends to visit. I'm very bummed about that. A move makes you realize how much you love (or hate LOL) your hubby. We wanted to kill each other at some points and but mostly you end up realizing how much you work well together. He kept on beaming and praising me for my hard work since i did most of the unpacking while he spent all day on the leaky valve. And he's been all sentimental and sad about leaving me for the week. I've been a bit depressed too...but at least its only a short time. Tomorrow, i start my new job. I don't think i'll have computer access during the day...but the nice thing is my new job starts later in the day (start at 9). ...so i can actually get up and exercise in the morning. Alright...think i've rambled on enough. bye all..check back laters!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:04 PM   #21  

Default I Did It!!!

well my math was off on how far away they are.(aunt and uncle) They are 3.3 miles away one way.

So I walked 6.72 miles in 3 hours flat burned 1,792 cals ate somewhere around 500 to 600. I'm avg 26 min a mile I could do better with even ground and everything was a hill. On my ipod (its how I track everything) when I got home Lance Armstrong came on and said congrats as it was my long workout so far.

I socked the family when I got there once they knew I had walked there lol. My feet are sore and I think 3miles is going to be my max for a bit cause I was don't want to hurt my ankles.

I even had the local redneck supporting as they rolled by in thier lift truck they yelled fat@$$. Normally this ticks me off but my 1st response was not for long.

Kerry, I guessed at 2hr each way but it only took an 1.5 hrs to complete each way.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:24 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Excellent work Big John! What a great feeling of accomplishment.

GG ~ glad to have you back. You've had a whole lot of change going on so it's no wonder that you're feeling a bit depressed. Hang in there. All will be fine in short order. I went thru the very same thing after our move a month ago. I was feeling so overwhelmed and it didn't help that I was in serious pain physically from all of the moving, step, etc., etc.,et... I remember waking up on our fourth morning here and thinking, "what the **** have we done?!" Good luck this week with the new job!!!

To all Harry Potter Fans.... I have the book but haven't read yet (I'm re-reading the 6th book first to re-fresh my memory... It's good to hear that those of you that have read it love the last story. PLEASE do not tell details!

Hope that everyone has a great weekend. We are on this end. I've spent most of the day reading. I hadn't picked up a book since our vacation in early June. Feels good to have such a lazy day now and then.

Hanna ~ are you considering putting in a pool? Sean must really love water as it seems like you are always going to the beach. Lucky girl! We looked at another home that had the very same floor plan at this one but they had an inground pool. DH and I immediately disregarded as our three kids are still quite young and it seemed like a huge responsibility. There are days though when I think that it sure would be nice... How are you feeling? Did you ever try the melatonin?

DH is out doing his long run and the kids are watching movies so I'm going back to my book .... Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:53 PM   #23  
KAR

Congrats John on your walk today. That is a big accomplishment! You must feel so proud. I remember a couple of times when I was out walking with my one friend after I decided to start losing weight here a few years ago. We were walking down the main drag in the town that I live in to hear the snide comments from people. Like look at those fat a@#'s, or look at those fat pig's. At first it hurt my feelings, but then I just started to shout right back at them, I might be fat and have a huge A@@, but atleast I am out doing something about it. What are you doing for your health? That usually stopped them. But my favorite time once when these group of kids kept cruising the block as we were walking making nasty comments. Well they had to stop at the traffic light and we walked up to their car and told them that they better stop run their mouths or we would tell the police that they were hassling us. Since the police station is at that traffic light. The poor driver was like we are so sorry. Then he turned to the kids riding with him and told them to keep their mouths shut or he was kicking them out of his car. We laughed all the way back to my house that day.
Joan glad you are enjoying your day. It is fun, just to take a day to read a book. In fact, that is my plan here in a little bit. I am going to curl up in the armchair and read this evening since I have the house to myself. Did you get any excerise in this weekend?
I do have a small victory to share with everyone. I have been craving a small hot fudge sundae with peanuts on it from DQ all day long. Well I was going to go and treat myself to one after getting the lawn mowed. Well after seeing how great I felt after pushing mowing the yard, I don't want to ruin all that hard work by eating ice cream now. So I think this evening I will just have a bowl of grapes for a sweet treat.
Have a great evening!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 07-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #24  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Looks like everyone is having a great weekend. Hope the week opens good for you all. I've had a lazy weekend, reading and starting to re-read HP and keeping my foot up as much as I can. I'm thinking about attempting a small walk in the a.m., but not sure if I should.

Karen---LOVED the book. Hubby hasn't read them all, but always grills me for details, and he had to read the end of the 6th one when I told him what happened, so I read him the end of this one.

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #25  

I am proud by my body is pissed at me still. lol
Old 07-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #26  
EGR

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/140

Great job John!!
EGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

good evening everyone well i kick up the work out today will see if it helps.

john great job don't worry your body wont be pissed for long if so tell it it was getting an attitude adjustment...lol

kerry i did get too the work out and wow i think i will be getting up before the kids now. i have been doing walk away the pound 4 fast miles or the 4 mile super challenge. today i did the 4 fast mile again so i hope i start seeing some lose from it. and congrats on the victory it is the small one we have that will add up to the big one

adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:03 AM   #28  
KAR

Adah glad you got your workout in. I try to get up 30 to 60 minutes earlier during the school year, so I can do a workout video before getting ready for work. I find that if I do that, I am more calmer and relaxed during the day. On the days that I don't get to do that watch out I am one crabby lady! Like Saturday when I couldn't get my workout in due to company and then watching my stepsons and the little neighbor boy who just had to spend the night. But I guess I made up for with push mowing the yard today. LOL I even mowed more than my dh told me too. I was feeling really pumped out there mowing away. But let me tell you, my body feels it now. Especially my legs and thighs after mowing along the ditch at an angle. Hope you are able to start a new trend for yourself in the mornings.
John, sorry to hear that your body is pissed off at you. I know it won't stay that way for long.
I did end up stopping at the DQ tonight on my way to my sil house. But I didn't get what I was craving. I suddenly realized on my way to my sil's that I hadn't eaten dinner. So I stopped and got me one of their new all beef hot dogs with ketchup and mustard and a med. diet coke. So I was proud that I could be around all those lovely sweet treats and not eat a one of them as I ate my hot dog.
Well I finally think I can fall asleep now. So I will chat with you all tomorrow.
Kerry