Old 07-17-2007, 05:28 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something Daily Chat Tuesday July 17

Good Morning all!!! Well I started WW again on yesterday--VEry easy now that I am back at work--85 patients--2 nurses on vacation and 2 call ins--so needless to say--ate o points at work and had broiled fish at home so maybe I had 3 points all day...I have to get a new job soon--it is wearing everyone out..My husband doesnt understand--he says--"just leave and go get lunch" Hellooooo--sick people need U~~~

Hope everyone is doing great--I got home last night--and crashed before 7pm-of course DH started the reminding me of "getting our lives back--spending time together etc etc and was furious that I wasnt in the mood and fell asleep" Hey--I was on vacation when I said all those things

Took #2 to the eye doctor--I laughed the entire exam--She has Down's and was hysterically funny..The doctor would ask her to read the eye chart--ducks--trees--houses--telephones etc(dont know her letters too good) and she would answer I dont know--U tell me..then rub his sleeve and face when he would be in her face looking at her eyes--Thank You Strattera!! It was the first real eye exam ever...

Ok--off to he$$~~~
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:49 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Day 2....

I didn't _totally_ blow it yesterday, but I don't think I did all that great either. Was pretty much on track until the DW decided we should open a bottle of wine we bought while on vacation - it's a wonderful blueberry chocolate wine. Absolutely heavenly. Anyway, that plus the subsequent couple of granola bars I had pushed me over my calorie target for the day. Sucks to be me.

I did get out for my lunchtime stroll, but there was no additional walking in the evening. (No surprise to me.) DW and I went for a stroll in some of the local garden centres (which are starting to wind down now) but didn't buy anything. It was just nice to get out for a bit.

(BTW, I'm glad I'm not the only other person who has a hard time exercising.)

I'm having a hard time sleeping. I go to bed and I'm tired but not sleepy (does that make any sense to you guys?) so I end up tossing and turning a lot until I eventually fall asleep. I gotta be a terrible bed partner these days.

Anyway....that's it for now. TTFN.

:L
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...need coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RR - i know what you mean about no lunch...many days at work i'm lucky if i get a lunch break. Sorry but if i have emergency surgery or an emergency sick animal...it can't wait...but most ppl don't understand that
ROO- hang in there bud...at least you tried to be healthy..its a start
good luck all...off to work.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:27 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Roo, that sounds like a wine I could actually like! I don't like wine, none that I've ever tried.

RR, Sorry it's soo busy for you. Can you carry around some protein bars or something and eat inbetween, like while charting or something?

I'm hoping for a stress free day today...it's my birthday. DH gave me cards from he & the boys this AM, and the boys were soo cute last night when they got home with DH, all kissy and telling me about the card they got. No big plans for later. DH's bday is Thursday, so maybe we'll go out to dinner this weekend.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:20 AM   #5  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

I did really good but lately when I eat meat I can't even stomach it. I have been able only to eat veggies and fruit with nuts, beans, etc. Crazy hu!

I HOWEVER WAS ABLE TO FIT INTO MY NON SPANDEX SIZE OF SHORTS!!!
I was so darn happy!!

Lauren: good luck with WW
Roo: I found that I was that way too and I just had to keep moving I tried doing it every other day. sometimes I was afraid to even sit down for fear that woould be it..........Usually was.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:38 AM   #6  
LBH

Sheila, Congrats on the shorts. It's RR that just started back with WW.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #7  

I get weighed in tonight at WW. My mom weighs every day and said she has lost a few pounds. My scales at home are crappy so I haven't weighed. I don't like weighing myself every day anyway. So we will see.
leighannester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' People...

RR ~ you've had two weeks of playtime and then back to the grindstone ... no wonder you were tired last night. Sounds like one heck of a stressful place that you're working at. Lots of appreciation all around makes up for that the stress though... Right? Those doctors bend over backwards for you nurses... NOT!

Rooster Dude ~ Doesn't sound like too bad of a day. All you can do it take it one day a time. I agree with Sheila as you just have to keep moving. I was so tired yesterday evening but I forced myself to get out and get my walk in. Couldn't convince myself to walk the "evil school hill" route but did take another route and walked two miles. You've just got to *make* yourself move. It's not a matter of feeling like it. Give yourself extra credit for not having dessert with that wine. That is what I'd have done;-).

GG ~ hang in there girlie. Soon, this will all be a distant memory. I remember how crazy it was prior to the move but it will soon settle down.

Lauren ~ Happy Birthday!!!! Is this #39?

Sheila ~ yeah to non spandex shorts!

I'm so glad that we moved in the summertime! Each one of my kids had friends over yesterday from our old neighborhood so we had 7 kids here all day long, I finished painting my girls room, baked a double batch of blueberry sour cream bread (didn't touch any! wrapped each loaf individually and stuck them in the freezer), fingerpainted with 5 little girls, made suncatchers, etc., etc... that isn't even counting the 5 loads of laundry, making dinner, giving baths, etc., etc... I was beat by the time 8:00 p.m. rolled around but forced myself to get out and take my walk. Good feeling to have accomplished so much. I'm working hard these days as I have a bunch of people coming on Thursday for lunch. 8 adults and 6 kids. My dad and his sisters are some of the guests. They're old and old people love soup, right? I love soup too just not in July. Homemade peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream is what I'm making for dessert just can't decide what to have for the meal. Any good lunch suggestions to throw out??? I made the bread for each to take a loaf home as I'm sure that they don't get homemade baked goods too often. My aunts used to be the most wonderful cooks. Sad that these days there all stuck in assisted living programs and have to eat baby food:-(. The one was telling me the other day how bland everything tastes.

Hope that everyone has a good day. It is sooooooo hot here and we'll probably go to the pool.

Kerri ~ FYI, I'm starting Accutane this week. Man, I hope that it works.

Later Gals (and dudes) ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #9  

Hi!

My name is MaryPat and I'm a glutton. I'm looking for a forum to share with and be accountable to. I'm a stay at home mom of 4, and I'm up about 30 lbs. total from where I want to be. My immediate goal is to lose 20 lbs. to be at a healthy BMI. So, I hope I'm in the right place?
RunningMyRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #10  

Good Morning All...today I Have A Phone Conference With One Of The Directors Where Dominic Is...so Wish Me Luck..so Far Dominic Knows Nothing About His Friend...i Think It Is The Wrong Approach And If He Finds Out From Another Child In The Program I Think That Is Where They Are Going To Have A Problem With Him..i Thinkif They Come Forward And Give Him The Info He Will Be Better Able To Handle It...so Wish Me Luck And I Will Let You All Know How It Goes...

Welcome Marypat!

To All Others...great Job With Any Weight Loss...sheila Congrats On The Non Spandex Shorts...gg And Lauren: Make Sure You Get Your Coffee!...rx...your Great...taking A Walk Even If Just Leisurely Is Exercise..youre Moving!...keep It Up And I Agree Take It One Day At A Time!

Good Bye For Now...i Will Update You When I Can...oh And I Only Lost .6 Ounces Yesterday...a Little Disappointed..but What Can You Do...just Work For Next Weeks Weigh In...ok Have A Great One
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:35 AM   #11  
LBH

Christina, Good luck with the conference call!

MaryPat, Welcome!

Joan, Girl, you are busy!! Yup, thanks, #39.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #12  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

sorry lauren RR: good luck with ww sorry it is like another monday
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:25 PM   #13  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Happy Birthday Lauren

I'll be back later have a great day lauren
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hanna ~ haven't heard from you in a day or so... hope that everything is ok on the homefront. Hugs ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #15  

RR- My sister is an oncology nurse and I don't know how many times I have heard her say the same thing about not having lunch. And her husband says the "Just leave and don't worry about the stuff you have to do." Uh, yeah, right?

Mary Pat- Welcome. I'm fairly new around here as well. It's a great place to be though.

I think I may have to break out the bicycle this evening and DD and I can ride.
leighannester is offline   Reply With Quote