Old 07-17-2007, 01:39 PM   #16  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Lauren: I actually remembered and was getting online to tell you happy BDay. I hope you have a lovely day.

RR: Tell him to put his big boy panties on and get over it. Geeze, you work a physically demanding job without all the people calling out and being off. You must have been run ragged.

GG: Glad that things are under control for the move. I was just thinking that if we ever move again I am throwing half of the crap we have OUT!! LOL.

Joan: Whoa, you are one busy mom! Hope your lunch goes well. I'd go for subs or something easy and cool!

Leighanne: Good luck at weigh-in tonight.

MaryPat: Welcome!! We are glad to have you here.

Sheila: Congrats on the shorts!! Whoohoo!!

Well, my scale has lost it's mind. I must have weight 7 times this morning. I either lost 3 or 5 pounds last week. I got the 3 pounds weight twice and the 5 pounds wt three times. So, I lost something which is a big thing for me! I did it by just cutting down on the sweets. Does that tell you how bad I have been for the past few months?

DS is driving me to distraction today so I'm having to really keep myself in check. I want to go dive into something yummy to eat, but so far I've done well. Cross your fingers for me!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #17  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Well hello all it's been awhile but im here everyday
ok so far me and hubby want to adopt nevaeh im just not sure how jess is gonna react ? i mean the baby never see's her mom and if she does it's only a couple of hours besides my DH has no kids of his own and has fallen madly in love with her
James and i have still been running swimming and doing great
angelica is doing cheer and actully went out by her self and filled out an application for round table by my house went to the interview and got the job ( she's 15 1/2) im so proud of her
things are looking up for me
Karen K congrats on the loss
GG you'll feel much better when the moves over i know i hate moving
Roo hang in there my BIGGEST downfall is wine EVERY evening
Christina yeah thats the same exact weight i loos this week but hey i'll take it
joan mary pat lauren leigh and anyone else hugs and i'll be lurking and i'll check in when i can
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:11 PM   #18  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Michelle, Thanks! I think adopting Neveah sounds lovely! Would you have her call you mom or grandma? Have you even thought that far? I hope Jess can see for the baby's sake that it might be the better way. Glad things are looking up for your family!

Karen, My friend Linda called me before and wanted to send her kids to military school! I say thank God I work for a living!!
Congrats on the loss...whatever it is!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #19  

Actully my nick name that the kids thought up was nema ( knee-ma) so i've been going with that and they use my husband as papa all along so i dont know i catch my self saying mom to her some times but it does feel that way KWIM?
Old 07-17-2007, 03:30 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 210/200/145

Height: 5"4'

Red face nkotb

hi all! everyone sounds like they're doing great. i'm looking for some support in this thing called weight loss. i don't know about the rest of you, but it's pretty tough talking weight loss when your best friend is a size 4. she talks about her weight gain and even though it's valid, it's just not the same going from a 2 to a 4, when in contrast i went from a 12 to a 16.
we're talking double digits here! so, needless to say i need some support to get back to that size 12 and actually, i would love to be about a 10. i don't think i've ever been that small, maybe in 8th grade

btw - i'm kalinda

Last edited by xsunnyx; 07-17-2007 at 03:53 PM.
xsunnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:30 PM   #21  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren----Happy Birthday!!! I should have remembered since I did see that little birthday icon on my space...U must have read my mind-I brought a southbeach protein cereal bar in my pocket and started nibbling on it at 9am until lunch at 1:00--It was better today--only 75 patients for surgery....

Hello Sunny and welcome!!

Goddess--great idea!! SHe could be the baby's aunt--it would be a better set up for Neveah..Yeah on the continued excercise!!

Karen--I like the Big Boy panties comment-He can be such a whiner if "it" doesnt get the attention he thinks "it" deserves.

Leigh--HOpe the weather was great and ya'll got to get the bike ride~~

Christina--Hope things went well...
Joan--I thought U Were serious!! I was wonderful what hospitals/doctors U knew!!!

Ok--hello to all and I am off to put the ole feet up
before kids are home!!
Hello Rooster!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:40 PM   #22  
KEN

S/C/G: 293/188/???

Hi All...

Happy Tuesday!!

Hope everyone is doing well...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!!!!
KEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Lauren

Joan thank you for thinking of me! wow you have been very busy, I am so glad the kids go to see their friends! any new neighbors?
As far an idea for a meal, I just made a chicken that is so easy to make it is amazing, and it is delicious. I use to make it all the time, I had not for a long time and again it is a big success: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...ws/views/14529
xsunnyx

Michelle I think you are an angle! what a lucky baby! just a suggestion have you though of guardianship, you should check w/attorney to find out the difference. Just a thought!

Christian sorry to hear about son's friend, I agree w/you they are not handling like you would, I agree with you 100% good luck!

MaryPat

GG I bet you can't wait to be all moved in! good luck with all the packing, I know how tiring that can be! Hang in there.

RR sorry to hear about the stressful job, I had a good laugh when I read your post about the optometrist visit, that was funny. Sorry DH is being a butt!

Roo hang in there! try to get some walking.

Sheila I agree I wouldn’t be in the middle, dh should direct his ??? to the kids or to whom ever he needs to. Did you have a good visit w/attorney?

Leigh good luck with the weight in!!!

I didn’t come by yesterday I was too depressed, we went to the psychiatrist and he changed all of Sean’s meds. No more Ritalin, he is taper him off Abilify, took him off Tegratol which apparently was not doing anything other than make Sean hungry. So now we are starting something we never tried before, shocking! I can’t believe there is something we haven’t tried Geodon, he is stating on 80 mgs and by the end of the week he will be on 160 mgs. I am very scared this are all very strong psychotropic meds, and they don’t do much for Sean. I am sooo worried I can’t stand it. I am scared
I am still at 115 Lbs. I did go to the gym yesterday for the first time I was able to do the elliptical for 30 minutes and I lifted weights on the machines with the lowest weight possible, the Dr. said I could start doing everything just very slowly and very little weight, he also said to use the machines, so I can isolate the mussels, not to do free weights yet. That is fine, feel more comfortable using machines than dumbbells, even thought they say it is better to use dumbbells! Go figure. Today I don’t have any energy, so I am going to take it easy and rest, I may try to go to the gym tomorrow, not sure

Everyone else whom I missed
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello to all, welcome newbies! I am too tired to post ~ I worked two extra hours at my day job, luckily didn't have to go in to my night job.

Lauren, check your Facebook page, and happy birthday.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:46 PM   #25  

Hanna whats the difference?
Old 07-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #26  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Michelle-I'm not sure of the difference but my grandparents had guardianship of me growing up. I do know that they could do things for me that they needed my mothers permission for before. I do not think it was a big hassle, where as adoption may be more costly and more involved. I am only guessing as I was a child when it happened.

Hanna-I do hope that the meds help your son out. I am happy that you are back at the gym, good for you. Did you send the fruit baskets?

roo-that does sound like some tasty wine.

LAUREN- Hope you had a GREAT Birthday!!!!!

Nite everyone,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Michelle I am not to sure of what the difference is, I am going to ask a good friend of mine and get back to you on that. I will see her on Friday. I will let you know after I see her.
Hanna

Lois yes I did send the baskets they loved them! I guess they were much bigger than what I thought, and they tole me they were absolutley gorgeous they made a great impression!!!!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:26 PM   #28  

I weighed in and I lost 4 pounds! I nearly fell over! YAY!
leighannester is offline   Reply With Quote