LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Monday, 7/9

Mornin' All!

That's all I've got for now!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:33 AM   #2  

hi everyone!....sorry havent been here for about week...long week last week...welllllllll........dominic was moved on monday...i did see him sunday, it was difficult to leave him....at least before the move i was able to see him on wednesday and sunday, but now i cant see or talk to him...he did call me when he got there on monday...seemed in good spirits and seemed ready to get started with his program...the staff called me on thursday and left a message that he was doing well...incorporating nicely into the routine of the program and with the other kids t here...i hope it continues...the case counselor is supposed to call me today so i am wishing for the best in the outcome of all this....

congrats to everyone on their weightloss...i weigh today..not too sure how its gonna go, after my nice loss last week, i have my monthly visitor now, so we shall see

hannah, i agree with the others if you are not feeling well today please call the dr...everything might be fine but just in case!

tamara: i had one of the chicken recipes this weekend it was delicious!...i looked at hte slim fast website and registered and i think i am going to try and incorporate what i can and use it in conjunction with the weight watchers program i am currently doing...it seems reasonable as the food slimfast is planning falls right in line with what i would need with weight watchers...its seems doable but we will see...

to everyone else, i will try to catch up later...i am running alittle behind this morning...take care and have a great monday!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:26 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone.

It's been an eventful day here already. I got all my morning chores done and the tax assesor was here for the reno in the attic. If you ever think you want to make your attic into an office, MOVE. It will be easier. Trust me.

I heard a really cute story on NPR. It was from Saturday (7/7/7) and they were telling stories about good luck. A gentleman that was almost blind and had lost his hearing had a chicken. A storm was coming and the chicken was outside so he went to bring him in. He could not find the chicken he was still looking for him when the storm hit. He was struck by lightening. It blew his hearing aides off of his ears and knocked him out. When he woke up and went into the house, he was able to SEE and HEAR again. He was bald for most of his life and within a couple of weeks, he was sprouting hair. Awesome story, huh!

Lauren: Good luck on the interview. I hope it goes well for you. I will think of you this afternoon.

Chistina: Yahoo on the wt loss! Awesome!

OK, off to see if the Jeep has charged up and to look for bicycle shops so we can get the boy a new bike. Have a great day eveyone!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:57 AM   #4  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey everyone

Sorry I missed ya over the weekend. I will catch up later. Hannah hope you get feeling better.

Karen; I hear ya sometimes I think it is better to just buy.

Hey lauren

Well my weekend was just GREAT! Ya right. my son went down to grandmas and my DH and MIL and Nephew were down there and when chris walked in he said it got quiet so he thought they were talking about him. and he started talking to his dad and his dad mumbled something so chris says "Hey nice you can visit everyone else except your family at home, You all have a nice night". He left. With in 5 min DH was home hasn't left since. But he is so quiet to all of us. I was taken to the hospital last night due to having the most horriable pain in my back like nothing I have ever had before it really made me short of breath. It was I feel stupid GAS! Ya you have no idea how bad I wanted to fart and couldn't. Here is the funny thing. I lost weight 5 pounds this last week. I didn't eat anything different just didn't eat much kept busy painting the house, etc. Needless to say chris my son took me to the hospital my DH that is not out of character for him but I was pissed to say the least. uggh.............. What DH doesn't know or maybe he does he is driving a wedge and I am sure with everything going on he goes through a divorce it is going to be compounded by a ton due to the fact I would be so upset that after 20 years he would be such a jerk. Where is melinda I meet with my attorney next monday not for what you think. We have alot of stocks invested in this oil company and I would like to know what would or could happen with those with divorce or if mark is hurt or worse. I see so many people not prepare themselves I am just looking out for myself and kids.

Hope you all have a good day.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #5  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!!!

Sorry about being a poopie friend and being gone so long! If I tell you, I love you in a song....will that help to make right what is wrong...????

I have been good about keeping up with Christina on myspace, but bad about here! I've been working out faithfully, drinking water like a fiend (only 3 pops per week now) and dieting strictly and logging everything!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!! MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #6  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Good morning everyone!

Christina - I'm glad that you checked out the recipe and liked it. So far I've really liked all of their menus. You're right in that SF is similar to WW. I used a WW recipe for egg white omlet this weekend and I use the WW bread/wraps/mini cakes (yummy) for a treat now and then. When I first started this plan I ran out and bought a bunch of thinsations, WW cakes, etc. thinking I would need them for treats. In 1 1/2 months I think I've used about 2 cakes and 2 packs of thinsations. I end up eating mostly fruit for snacks/treats or 100 cal bags of popcorn, but I suppose they're there if I want them.

I had a good weekend and was thrilled to be down another 1.5 lbs! I'll hit my first 20 lbs in the next week or two which is amazing since it's only been 7 weeks tomorrow. We went to the Calgary Stampede on Friday night (lots of carnival type food, corn dogs, mini donuts, deepfried cheesecake, saltwater toffee, etc) and I had a very light dinner before going down (cottage cheese and big salad) as I was prepping for a corn dog...it's a tradition that I was so sure I wanted to partake of. Instead I bought myself the first cowboy hat I've owned in about 25 years (pathetic since I live in Oil/Ranch country) and the thought of the corndog made me feel sick so I didn't end up having one. I also declined a drink while we watched the hypnotist show that night (what a riot). I left the park feeling really good about myself and glad that I had resisted the temptation even though I had told myself I could have one if I wanted one. That night DH asked how come I didn't have one and I told him I'd rather see a lower number on the scale long-term then have that couple minutes of junk food delight. I'm going to see if I can find a way to create a lower calorie, baked corn dog (maybe veggie dog) or something. Either way everyone I was with told me they admired my "willpower". I don't think it had anything to do with willpower. I knew it would make me feel gross and that the taste really wasn't worth it and how I'd much rather have something fresh and yummy than some deep fried, low quality hotdog in batter. (Can you tell I had a little self talk going on??) LOL When I work up on Saturday and weighed myself (that's my WI day for SF plan) I was at 208...down a full 1.5 since last saturday. Yeahhhh!

Anyhow hope everyone has a great week. This is my final week and then off to KS & MO until the 23rd. Can't wait!

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning!
Hi eveyone!

Sheila you have been on my thoughts a lot, I hate to see families split up, but I am glad you are prepareing yourself, that is smart! If there is anything I could do, from far away, you can count on me!

Laruen good luck with the interview! wow! you are a great shopper! I can't wait to be able to go to the mall and shop, shop, shop!

GG how is your grandpa? sounds like you had a nice time w/family. I would suggest listing the matress on ebay (pick up only) or craiglist. I laughed when I read about being spade that is funny! My friend Susie was telling me I need to fix Zurg, he has been humping his borther a lot when he is at their house, and I said to her, I just did it to myself I have to recove before I put Zurg thru it, and then I read you post, that was too funny!

Meilinda welcome back!

Christina hang in there, keep a very positive attitude and think that the program your son went in will be the best thing for him. I am sure it is very difficult we are here for you!

Michelle where are you? how are things going for you?

Lisa I hope you have a great first day at work! let us know how it went

I called the Dr. earlier I am watiting for the nurse to call me back.
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #8  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

im here i just have really been going through it latley me and james are still going strong on the running and swimming he even lost 6 lbs last week
as for the baby ........... she still has those bumbs forming and so i called the dr's last week and they tell me that jessica has missed 4 appts for the baby I WAS PISSED all she has to do is call me but no that would be to hard for her and to top it off i tell her last night jessica listen if all you have to do is watch the baby during the day then ok let's keep that arreangment (sp?) and i'll keep her all the other time I CANT AFFORD A BABYSITTER or i would well this morning she call's me and said oh i asked josh (my 16 y/o brother who lives with me ) to watch her i was pissed she's collecting welfare and not one Fuc%*ng penny is going to this baby OH then children services show up at my door this morning wanting to check the baby cause she has missed so many appt's
ok im done venting
take care
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #9  
Kalamazoo Girl

Hanner Nanners: Did you hear back from the nurse? R they getting you in yet today? If not you tell them to call me and I'll tell 'um what's up!

Sheila: Hi boo boo! I'm here!!! Do NOT feel bad about going to the dr. about the back pain. Who gives a royal F if it was just gas...it COULD have been something much more serious and then you WOULD have been silly for NOT checking it out. Five pounds? See, even in the crappiest of times there is a little sumpfin sumpfin to celebrate!

Lisa: So, the job? Exciting? Scary? Busy? Frustrating?

Man I have a lot of reading up to do on here!!! I can't believe how much I've missed! Geez!

Love, MO
Old 07-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #10  

I'm new here but thought I would join in and just say hello and hope everyone has a great day!
leighannester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:54 PM   #11  
Kalamazoo Girl

WELCOME Leigh!!! That pic on your profile is hilarious! I love it!

Hey, did anyone notice that after THREE years of gaining and gaining and gaining and gaining thanks to this friggin' thyroid....I have LOST 4 pounds in my first week of dieting and training????

MO
Old 07-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #12  

Thanks. That's my daugther and I at a Cincinnati Reds game on June 9.
leighannester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations MO!!!! You must be feeling great today ~ does that mean that you lose weight while on vacation last week??? Very cool. Keep up the good work!

Lauren ~ I've been thinking about you this afternoon and hope that the interview goes well. You're probably finished by now. Let us know how it went. Man, what a sweet deal on the suit! I never find steals like that.

Christina ~ continued good luck with DS. We all hope that this is a real turning point in his life.

KarenK ~ I heard that story on NPR ~ so neat! Never thought that the day would come when I'd be listening to NPR more than music. Kinda of scary...

Sheila ~ 5 lbs! Well, that is a very good thing that has happened in a very lousy week. Good thinking on your part when it comes to checking in with the lawyer. I stay at home full time and depend on DH completely. Thankfully, we have a very good marriage but there are no guarantees. Always good to be as prepared as possible.

Tamara ~ Girl, you have the right attitude! You are so grounded right now in your weight loss. Good for you!!! You're making such positive changes in your life. I'm proud of you.

Hanna ~ let us know what the doctor says. I laughed too at reading GG comments:-).

GG ~ by the way, can we trade mattresses:-). We had a double in our old house as nothing bigger would fit up our steps. Now that we've moved and our new bedroom is twice the size of our old, we want to buy a King size mattress. I know that you wrote that you guys want to buy a queen but you might want to measure carefully before buying. I remember it being way too tight just getting up a double mattress in our old house. Isn't there someplace that you could store the King instead of selling? Also, hope that your legs are feeling better this week. The week after we moved here I thought that I was going to die!!! We have steps going upstairs and downstairs plus an attic over the garage. I hauled stuff up and down steps for days and by Day#4 it all hit me. I was forced to slow down. The good news is that I lost weight!!

Michelle ~ reading about the missed baby appointments makes me mad. Jessica is so lucky to have the support that she has and there is just no excuse for that. It has to be driving you nuts.

To anyone and everyone that I missed ~ HUGS ... Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:05 PM   #14  
KEN

S/C/G: 293/188/???

Hi All.. hope you don't mind my jumping in.. I am new to this board.. (a few days now).. I have been with an AOL group for almost 2 yrs and have lost 105LBS.. I'm trying to post some pix but the system says the files are too large.. ARGH!! =)
KEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:09 PM   #15  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Welcome Leigh and ken
Ken have you tried to shrink it maybe in photobucket?
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote