3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Somethings Weekend Chat- Sat/Sun, 6/30-7/1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/116511-30-somethings-weekend-chat-sat-sun-6-30-7-1-a.html)

dek6 06-30-2007 07:57 AM

30 Somethings Weekend Chat- Sat/Sun, 6/30-7/1

Good Morning everyone. I just wanted to see how everyone is doing. So I weighed in this morning and I gained 1.6 lbs. Which sucks but considering the week I had and the fact that I didnt work out, I am kinda glad that is all. So I will start again. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend.....
I will be spending the beautiful weekend packing. FUN FUN!!!! :carrot:

Daphne :hug:

dek6 06-30-2007 08:00 AM

Hanna,

Im glad that you are doing good. I just read your entry from last night. That is awesome that you only have 4 pounds to go. CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

LBH 06-30-2007 08:20 AM

Mornin'! :coffee2: :wave:

NavyWifeDee 06-30-2007 09:41 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say good morning... Hope everyone has a great day!

milleradah 06-30-2007 10:01 AM

wanna to drop in and say hi it has been crazy on vacation with three kids!!!! i have still lost 2 lb so that part has been ok. hope everyone is doing good.
have a great weekend
adah

Christina S 06-30-2007 11:05 AM

good morning all...i hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend...i have been doing so well this week that when i weigh on monday i pray i will be down some pounds...the scale is moving but i hope it continues during the weekend...

welcome dee!

joan: congrats on your ten pounds.........great job!

hannah: hope you are feeling a little better today...my oldest is doing alright...he is moving from juvenille hall on monday or tuesday to a really good residential treatment program...it sounds really great and he is looking forward to it...once he moves i wont talk to him for at least 30 days..they call it the blackout period..so unless he writes i will only be getting updates from his case counselor..the program information is great though so i hope he continues to be excited to be there and actually put the effort into all that the program has to offer.........thanks so much for asking!..........i watch big brother!..i didnt hear it was going to have an 8...do you know when it will start?

michelle: your granddaughter is beautiful...absolutely adorable...your a good grandma...

daphne/lauren/adah: good morning!

melinda: where are you???

everyone else i missed have a great weekend!

gg: hope your having a wonderful romantic weekend...enjoy yourself!!

LilMama 06-30-2007 11:10 AM

Good Morning Everyone :) I wanted to ask how ya'll stay focused on the weekends? I have trouble staying "on plan" when I don't have the routine of my work week...Any suggestions? Thanks :)

IrishJoan 06-30-2007 12:07 PM

Morning Girls ~ seems to be a chipper bunch this morning:-).

Dek6 ~ keep goin'... it's hard to not get discouraged at times with the numbers on the scale. I hate the scale ... it makes me cry! I don't weigh myself every day as the numbers vary too much. Are you packing to move or going on vacation?

Morning Lauren ~ hope that your family is doing ok. Continued good luck with the new home inspections!

deeinthekeys ~Good for you! Welcome! I'm impressed that you were able to run at that speed. Very cool. I call my DH a "born again runner" as he got into running three years ago and he is completely addicted at this point. We're going to Memphis in December for him to run his second marathon.

milleradah ~ 2 lbs. less is excellent... keep running after those three kids and you'll take off even more!

Christina ~ hope that the program is a good experience for DS. It's good to know that he's actually excited about it. 30 days w/o contact will probably be a very good thing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the scale shows good results on Monday.

LilMama ~ Weekends are hard for me as my whole routine is thrown off. I do so much better during the week. I can't always get my exercise in on the weekends and when I go to a party, I want to eat the food so the one thing that I still do try and do is drink lots of water. I've pretty much given up soft drinks and find that the more the water that I drink, the more that I crave. In the past, I've eaten a small meal before I got to a party or eat some fruit on the drive there. All of that works of course. The problem is that I love "party" food and don't get it that often so when I do go to a party, I want to enjoy it. Drinking a big bottle of water beforehand seems to help me as much as anything. I look forward to reading other suggestions... good luck!

I'm doing so well on this end with food and exercise. This weekend will be tough as we're having a party here this evening. I love our new neighborhood!!! It's so pretty and taking a long walk each evening is something that I really look forward to.
Hanna ~ you asked about homemade ice cream and yes, DH makes the BEST! The kids keep asking when dad will be making another batch. We try and make it only when we're having a group of people as the last thing that we need is that evil stuff hanging around in the freezer.... Hope that everyone has a happy, healthy weekend ~ Joan

happy2be 06-30-2007 02:49 PM

hi every one!

I am having an OK morning, I am taking my meds regularly (unfortunately) I hate meds! but thank goodness for them!

Dek you have a great attitude! keep it up!
Adah congratulations on the 2 Lbs. lost, every oz counts!!!
Christina Big Brother stars July 5. It is great to hear you found a good residential treatment place for your son, we have been told that if our DS has to go to residential I don't know if because of his age he would have to be there for 6 to 9 months for the program to work. The communication between you and your son as far as the 30 day blackout sounds right on track, it may be difficult for you but in the long run it is what I hear really works, it is like the time they need to get adjusted. Best of luck, I know how you feel. :hug:
LilMam try to eat little meals through out the day and drink lost of water.
Joan sound like you made a great move, there is nothing like a good neighborhood. I hope your party is a huge success, I am sure it will be!
Hello everyone else!
Hugs,
Hanna

lois lane 06-30-2007 11:32 PM

Hello!

Hope all are having a great weekend. I am excited, today we were driving to town and saw a flea market. My daughter and I both got a bike there. Well my bike is nothing to look at. It has that bar so it is actually a mans bike. It looks like a bike an old man would ride, lol. I could picture my Papa riding it. Anyways, it has a BIG seat, which is what I was looking for. Can't fit the big cabose on those little seats they put on bikes these days. Hopefully tomorrow my daughter and I can go on a nice bike ride.

Oh, and I was very bad today, ate at Red lobster. Oh the cheddar biscuits! We'll I saved all day for it. So hopefully it wasn't to bad.

There was a big bueatiful full moon tonight, anyone catch it?

Evening all have a great rest of the weekend!

Alicia

Christina S 06-30-2007 11:58 PM

hi alicia...i dont think ive seen you here for a couple days..i might have missed it though...bikes are great exercise...you and your daughter should have fun doing that together..flea markets are great...great buys you can find!

hannah: thanks for your kind words...30 days for me is hard not to talk to my son...he can write me and it will be mailed but if me or anyone else writes him it will be held until his blackout is done...then he will get it all...is your son going to have to go to residential treatment?...how old is he?...dominic will be 16 on august 1st..during his blackout time he will be having his birhtday...really sucks but you know i just have to keep telling myself its for the best and he pretty much did it to himself...then i dont feel soooo guilty...i really do hope all this works...he seemed excited when i saw him on wednesday..cant wait to finish the program go back to school and play football...i hope he keeps the positive attitude..i will see him tomorrow for the last time for a month...i think ill cry, but i hope not cause i dont want to embarrass him with everyone else around..so maybe ill cry in the car on the way home...uggghhh..i wish he would have thought his consequences through before doing what he was doing...ok enough of my book ; }...hope you are feeling well...and healing fast!..take care

everyone else...hope your saturday evening is going well!

happy2be 07-01-2007 04:09 AM

hello!
Well I was trying to go sleep tonight, but my neighbor next door who is always very quiet very polite and nice decided to give his 18 yrs. old daughter a party, Oh my G-d, they are so loud! :s: they are singing with a mic and it is driving me crazy, my other neighbor came by earlier and she suggested we called the local police to ask them to lower the volume some, they really are nice people and we never had any problems with them, so I didn't want to call, it is not the end of the world, all thought I would've liked to be asleep! LOL.
Quote:

i wish he would have thought his consequences through before doing what he was doing...
Christina I am so sorry you are going through this right now, yes it would've been terrific if your son would've learned sooner rather than later, hang in there, this is his journey. I am afraid for my son too, and he is only 7 yrs. old I know exactly how you feel, we are in a different stage since my son is so much younger, but he was a drug baby birth mother used drugs all pregnancy. My heart goes out to you :hug: hang in there! My birthday is also August 1st.

Alicia enjoy your bike, I just got one myself not too long ago. I got an Electra bike it is really cute has daises mine is a beach cruiser. It is great exercise!
Have fun with your daughter.
I am going to try to go get some sleep! :yawn:
Hanna

lois lane 07-01-2007 10:57 AM

Christina- 30 days without one of my kids, I would go nuts! I know saying goodbye will be hard for you. Hopefully things will get better when he is done with the program.

Hanna- Hope you got some sleep and rest last night. I know when my daughter has friends over they can get really rowdy. My bike is a beach cruiser too, I like them for the big seats they put on them.

dek6 07-01-2007 11:37 AM

irishJoan- I am packing to move. we just found out that the house we rent is going to be sold. so we have 2 weeks before we have to move. IT is VERY stressful around her but I am trying to keep a good attitude which is hard in itsself without the added stress of trying to keep working out and eating right. ( :

carlascio 07-01-2007 04:20 PM

Hi All,

new to your thread, new to the board. this is my first fatchick post. : )

anyway, I am getting ready to start Metabolic Research Center and I found some good information about on here, so I thought i would join.

I am 5'1, 35, single, no children and 193 as of my last weight check a few days ago (rude awakening when the life insurance company sends someone to take your blood and check your weight and you find you weigh 13 pounds more than you thought!) Anyway, I am fed up with my weight, and ready to take it on.

I look forward to getting to know some of you.