Old 07-02-2007, 09:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default 30 Something Daily Thread: Monday July 2

Goodmorning All.

welcome to those who are new.

I am not quite awake enough to put together cohearent (sp?) thoughts, so I will be back.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning Lisa... I'm in the same boat. Everyone slept in this morning. I can't believe that I actually slept until 8:00.

So, my eating could have been better over the weekend. It was the dessert that did me in... Ice cream cake. There were leftovers and I had another piece yesterday. I moved it out into the freezer in the garage. Out of sight, out of mind. Except now I'm thinking about it again.... Oh well, the good thing is that I'm back to walking daily. I've only missed two days out of 11.

Hanna ~ I hope that this is a better week for you. You are so close to your goal weight!!! You've worked so hard. I'm proud of you!

GG ~ Fill us in on your romantic weekend...

Everyone else ~ Happy Monday.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #3  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

good morning everyone. today is a new day and the start of a new week. YAY!!!!

Alicia- how much was the bike. i have a bike but it hurts my but cause the seat it the size of a toothpick and my but is the size of a watermelon. so just picutre that. LOL I want to get one of the bikes that I call a beach bike cause I always see people riding them on the boardwalk at the beach. the ones with the big seat. But I have never priced them. I love riding bikes.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

How the heck did it get to be almost 10am?! The morning is flying! That's a good thing though. Yeah, I'd rather be in bed sleeping, but at least it's going fast.

Not much else to say right now...Oh, I lost .4 last week! Hey, it's something...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Dek, if you already have a bike, you could go to places like Target and just buy a bicycle seat. They do have the bigger seats, I think I also saw the banana seats. (Boy does that bring back memories) Just a thought.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #6  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Lisa,

Thanks. I already have a seat pad but it doesnt really help. I didnt know that I could buy a bigger seat and put it on the bike that I already have. That is cool. Thanks again
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:48 AM   #7  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Morning all - I can't believe it's almost 11. Wow - short week this week and then on vacation next week. YAY.

Dek - bigger seat makes all the difference. Much more comfortable.

Talk to everyone later.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #8  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Hi all!

Hope the week is starting off great for everyone. I was a bit bad over the weekend, so have to make sure and get back on track this week. I hate when I'm lazy and bad, but sometimes I just can't seem to help myself.
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!
today has been a VERY lazy day around here, cleaning lady came over really early, I am kind of glad, that way by mid she will be done! Boy did I need her today! YEAH!!! she is awosome!
Joan I am so happy your party was a success, give yourself a break you have been doing great! and you've had so much on your plate you just moved, that in huge!!!!
Dek6 when I bought my bike I looked at Target and Wal-Mart they had very nice beach curisers and very reasonbable prices, I didn't buy mine at either place it all started becuase I wanted a pink bike, so I went looking for one and when I found the one I wanted DH suggested I didn't get it cause it didn't have any speeds it was one speed that was it, yes it was adorable but it that was just it! so I started looking at my options in pink bikes and they were a few 3 and 7 speed, but nothing that really float my boat, so I started looking at different desingnes in 3 and 7 speeds I had several to choose from and the funniest thing is I ened up with a bike that has NO pink at all, it is very 60's yellow, green and orange, I LOVE IT! it is totatly sycoldelic and loud! I guess it matches my personality it was not cheap though ($400) I wish I could had pick something from Target or Wal-mart I think thye were between $60 and $120 BUT NOT PINK. Darn! here is a link to the Electra bikes http://www.electrabike.com/06_new/flash_index.html

Leslie and Lauren :contratulations: on your loss :Cheer:
Dee you too don't be so hard on yourself this is a long process, you are not bad! just takes time to adjust and it is tuff!
Hi Lisa!
GG can't wait to hear about your get away!!!!
Everyone else hello!!!
Have a great day!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:45 PM   #10  
Yes, I can! Yes, I am!

S/C/G: 182/152/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Question

Good Afternoon All Hope your week is off to a great start! I have a question for you all about scales...my DH just won't know this answer...I went out and took the plunge today and bought a new scale. I've had my old, spring scale forever and it just doesn't seem to be weighing right anymore (the other day it told me I'd lost 3 lbs. overnite! - of course, it was right THAT TIME!) My question is what is the weight difference between a digital scale and a spring scale? I ask because I got on the scale and it said I weighed 7lbs more than my old scale!!!! Now, I know that there is not that much water weight difference between when I weighed this morning and this afternoon...so, what's going on? Please help ya'll bc I might lose my mind if I have to add 7lbs more to my weight!!!
LilMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:49 PM   #11  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Dek6- I got my bike at a flea market. My Daughters bike and mine were $20Steal of the century. Of course mine is nothing to look at, it is a man's bike, brown and cream. But it has a HUGE seat. So for now it is good. I will have to agree with Hanna about getting a bike with more that one speed. My bike only has one. I live in a mountainous area and I have to walk it up the hills and I get kind of scare going down the hills, lol. When I purchase a good bike, it will definately have more than one speed!

Hanna- Did you go see a movie? How was it?
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #12  
LBH

Lil', For starters, it would not be unusual to be 5lbs. heavier later in the day, but I would say you're old scale was probably very unreliable. Weigh yourself again in the AM, naked, or however you usually do, and use that number.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi Alicia!
yes we did go to the movies we saw Ratatouille, it was WONDERFUL! I am so glad I went, but DH wouldn't mind seeing it again, it really is great! We are definitely buying it when it comes out on DVD. DH took DS to the movies Saturday and they saw Shrek 3 he said it was great too, he want to take me to see it later in the week, he said it is full of one liners for adults, he said it was excellent too, good enough to want to go a second time I guess! I love going to the movies! love fresh popcorn! mmm... I do agree with you a 100% the bike with speeds, I wish I was not that picky on the color and the looks I would've gotten a 7 or more speeds, but I love my bike!
Lil' I don't know enough about the scales, it would be great if someone does know and shares with us! I would like to know the difference I've had the same scale for a long time, I think it is pretty accurate, I weight the same at home on my scale than at the dr.'s office right before I went for surgery.

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:52 PM   #14  

good afternoon, almost evening everyone!...i dont have a lot of time to type so i will respond later to everyones posts...i just wanted to tell everyone i lost 3.6 pounds!...im so excited...have a great night..talk to you guys later...
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #15  
LBH

CONGRATS Christina!!!!