Old 08-21-2007, 07:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 something daily chat Aug 21 Tues

Morning all..nothing really new to report..however i DID finally get up and exercise...i love it. I really enjoy exercising...once i actually drag my butt out of bed. And my dog loves her morning walks too. The weather is sticky and muggy however (even at 6.30 am) but still it was nice. Didn't do as much as i should have...but i've been off of exercise for 1.5 wks. This am DH has to take me to work...the tundra's key was acting up and i couldn't turn the ignition...so he's going to take a look at it before going to class...hopefully the spare key will start it up.
BTW annie marie...welcome. Most of us usually check the post from the previous night since there are several west coasters who post later.
Alright all..have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:32 AM   #2  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey GG: Did you try moving your stearing wheel a bit sometimes the key will get locked in the ignition.

Well not that I brought it up yesterday but who all watched High School Musical 2? I just call it High School musical and got in trouble from my DD. I enjoy those shows.

Well DH calls last night and asked what we were having for dinner we did hamburgers. Well He is like maybe I will go to my brothers. See is aunt and uncle are in town from missouri, which is fine. I am like do what ever you want I don't care. I said it nice. He came home for dinner then he went out as they are leaving today. I got a 10 min visit from them. The aunt by marriage never got along with DH mom but you would never know it from this visit. I guess age does things right? Kind of put me in the place either too much has been said or they were just trying to keep the peace. LOL toss up!!

Not too busy of a day today until around 3. That works.

Hope you all have a great day!!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #3  

good morning all

well this weekend pretty much was horrible...if anyone remembers my little guy was sick on thursday and friday...well.........i got it saturday and sunday...it was aboslutely horrible...dominic got a 24 hour pass, the only one he will get for 2 more months, and i was sick...so he came home and did nothing here..i felt so bad for him

michele: i dont know if your dh is up for a commute but check the santa rosa police, sonoma county sherriff and the sonoma county highway patrol...not too long ago i saw signs all of these were hiring..

gg: i hope your truck is a quick and easy fix

sheila: i have never seen high school musical 1 or 2...i think i should though because everyone is talking about it...a coworker asked me yesterday...apparently they are quite good

upsgirl/anne marie: hi and welcome!

joan: i do my exercise every morning...well 5 mornings a week...i used to get started later than i had expected by hitting the snooze but now its just part of my day..honestly, there are days that i just dont feel like it but i do it anyway because i feel so much better during the day..good luck..i think if you keep doing it it will become routine

lauren: congrats on the house...glad its finally coming to the end...you can move soon...yeah!...did they ever find the hole that used to be a cesspool?...since you told me what it was i have been wondering if they found one...

laurie: hope you had a great day off

heather: glad you like your trainer..i think that is important...i know when i did my testing with my trainer it was like "wow' also...its like you never know how poorly youre doing till they make you do something and let you know where you stand..does that make sense?....well good luck...and have fun with it!

ken/lisa/kerry/tamara (where is she lately)/john: good morning...have a great day!

well off i go to get ready for work...i have a family counseling meeting with dominic today so that should be interesting...i dont mind i love going to see him...the lady is nice too...well everyone, have a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning All!

Annie Marie/UpsGirl ~ WELCOME!!!

GG ~ Yeah to getting up and exercising before work! It is amazing how much better a person feels thru out the day because of it.

Sheila ~ Family dynamics are so goofy... I come from a huge family and will never quite figure it all out. Glad to hear that DH came home to have dinner with your family before heading off to see his side of the family. Things must be going a little better these days as you've definitely got your "groove" back Girl!

Christina ~ so sorry to read about your weekend:-(. That is a real bummer as you were looking so forward to having Dominic home. Until next time...

Lauren ~ Thursday right? Buying your first home is so exciting. I really like this new house that we bought in June. It's pretty and roomy but no house will ever be as special as our very first one. Remember I sent you pictures of it ~ it was a teeny little place but I loved it so much.

Thank you all so much for the words of support regarding morning exercise. It's still really hard for me but I'm doing it. Come **** or high water, I'm doing it!! I just know that my day will flow so much more smoothly because of it. DS is a royal pain in the patootie to deal with in the mornings and I can't believe how much more patient I am with him lately. Not to mention that I'm fitting in pants that I haven't worn in several summers:-).

Speaking of DS... made it all the way to School Day #4 before getting a call from the Asst. Principal... He had a great start last week so I'm not too concerned. I think that he's just testing the waters as everything is new to him this year.

Hope that everyone has an excellent Tuesday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:45 AM   #5  
sheila

Joan: uggh pass over some of that energy to me. Actually I am starting my exercise routine on Monday. The reason I am just seeing what I have for time this week with it being the first week of school. I will tell you a gal seen me and she hasn't seen me for 3 years. She made the comment to one of my parents how good I looked and she thinks I lost at least half of what I used to weight. Well she is right. Made my day I tell ya.

christina: I remember you saying about your little one being sick. Isn't that the way it goes you get it. I am sure your DS understands. Good luck with the meeting.

My quote for the bulletin board today was:

The best thing to spend on your children is: TIME
Old 08-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #6  

Good morning.
Just wanted to say HI and let everyone know I am keeping up on the posts jsut not a lot of time to post right now.
Things are good here. Went to the Y this morning. Glad it's becoming easy and more of a routine now.
Well, Hugs to all.
Heather
Hdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #7  
KEN

S/C/G: 293/188/???

Hi all.... I just wanted to stop by and say hay!!!

Sheila: we had a High School Musical 2 Party: 15 kids.. it was sooo fun!! Decorated the house, set up the waterslide, trampoline....

The kids has a blast!!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!
KEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:38 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Been a busy AM here, been on the phone setting up gas & electrice service, calling schools, etc.

Heather, I hear ya' on the time deficit! Good for you keeping up with exercise though!

Sheila, LOVE the quote of the day! Families are just weird.

Joan, you're old house was adorable! Glad you're enjoying the new one though, and that DS is doing well. Why did you get a call?

Christina, Sorry, thought I updated! The guy determined that there most likely was a cesspool and that it was filled in, because everywhere he poked around with the metal pole, he hit either gravel, concrete or rock! (How he knew the difference, I dunno!) And since the sewers drain out through the back of the property, instead of the front, he said they most likely had to fill it in. So we paid all that for nothing, except a little piece of mind, I guess. We did find out that some owners in the past had an above ground pool, and that's why the "sink hole" was there, because the ground was leveled out or whatever, for the pool.

Hi GG, and everyone else!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #9  
aka Anne Marie

S/C/G: 232/222/145

Thanks for the welcome! I'm on early today, because my hubby and DD are out for the day. I'm planning to head to the gym in a bit and lift some weights. And I'm going back tonight for a Hip Hop class - can't wait!
Have a great day, everyone!
principessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #10  
KAR

Hi everyone,
I had an inservice at my new school today. I think I am really going to enjoy working with this staff. They seem like a lot of kind and fun people. At my old school there were alot of little groups. So I am happy about going back to school now. I did get to unpack some of my boxes. I am the envy of all the teachers in my building. I have my own bathroom with shower, washer and dryer, stove, microwave and fridge. But these are all things that I need to teach my special needs students how to prepare for their daily living skills. I am taking tomorrow off and going back on Thursday to work in my room. So I am coming out of my depressed mood from last week. I will be getting a pay raise at the beginning of Sept. and will start the afterschool program shortly after the beginning of Sept. So that will be some extra income. Maybe that will help a little bit.
Michelle sorry to hear about your family's troubles. I will say a prayer for you all. Hope something positive happens soon for you guys.
Lauren glad to hear things are going smoothly for you with your upcoming move. Sounds like things are falling into place for you.
Heather glad you are enjoying your time with your trainer. I would love to have a gym close to home. I was going to the local Y but it is in the next town and hard to get there after working long hours at school (which is in the next town over from us on our other side).
Christina sorry to hear that you were sick over the weekend. Hope your family counseling went well today.
GG hope your truck was an easy fix for your dh and there is not any major wrong with it. That happened to me earlier this summer. I couldn't get the key out of the ignition and here all I had to do was turn the steering wheel a little bit and it came right out.
Shelia glad things are going alittle bit better with your dh. Hope your afternoon isn't too busy for you.
Hi to everyone else. I need to go and get ready for my TOPS meeting tonight. We are having a little get together. It was suppose to be a the end of the summer cookout at the local state park. But it has been raining here off and on all day long. So I think we are going to have it at our meeting place.
Chat with you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:24 PM   #11  
sheila

Kerry sounds like you could bring laundry from home cook dinner and everything! LOL You for sure sound happy
Old 08-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Well, now I know why I'm feeling so achey these past few days and why the exercise has been extra hard. I think that I have a virus that is going around as I just don't feel right. Achey and extra tired. I talked to another mom at my daughter's gymnastics class this afternoon and she had the same thing last week. My bed is calling but can't hit it yet... dinner and homework beckons. Plus, I have to go to a wake this evening for an old childhood friend.

Sheila ~ loved the quote. So true. My niece had a big party at her house and invited all of her girl cousins and aunties to come and watch H. S. Musical2 last Friday night. We passed as my two little girls are still a little young. They saw the first one but didn't get much out of it. We all LOVE the music though. Is the music just as good in #2 as in the first movie?

Hi Heather ~ you go Girl on the exercise! Good for you.

Hi Ken ~ congrats on maintaining. Have you started exercising yet or are you able to maintain w/o exercise?

Lauren ~ "Jr." decided that he didn't need school and checked out of the back door. I knew that he was up to something yesterday morning as I waited and watched him until he went into the side door. He had that look on his face that said that he was up to something. Luckily, there are windows all along the wall of the cafeteria and a teacher saw him outside. He did this same thing back in First Grade. Thankfully, it was a one time occurence. I hope that is the case again!! I talked to his teacher this afternoon when I picked him up from school and he had a great day. She thinks that he should go to Resource (special ed.) first thing in the morning for a short time. I love that boy dearly but there are times when I could just wring his beautiful little neck...

Anne Marie ~ hip hop class? Sounds like a fun way to burn some calories.

Kerry ~ Sheila is right ~ you sound happy! I'm glad that your new school seems like a good place to work. Good luck tonight at your TOPS meeting.

Hope that everyone has a good evening. I'm going to go sit down and rest for a short time.

Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:28 PM   #13  

good afternoon...and good evening for the east coasters....well my counseling appt with dominic went well, i think...i dont think he was as pleased but mostly because it was about him taking responsibility for why he is there...he didnt really want to do that cause he thinks that his drug of choice (marijuana) isnt bad and most of the kids there have speed as their drug of choice...soooo, all in all we are getting there...it was great seeing him

lauren: im sure you did post about the cesspool, i probably missed it..sorry...glad everything worked out and you are closing...yippeee

shiela: i love the quote you have today...do you have a bulletin board in your home you put quotes on everyday?...

heather: great job getting to the y this morning..keep up the good work

anne marie: hip hop class sounds fun...how long have you been doing it...i think i might look into one around here

kerry: sounds like youre gonna have a great setup for teaching...i think that is wonderful you are going to be able to give them some great living skills...i agree you do sound happy...i am happy for you

joan: i hope you dont get what me and the baby had...horrible...that is the only way to describe it...ill be thinking of you

well...better go make dinner and get some cleaning done...have a great evening everyone
Old 08-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #14  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

stopping by
i have tried 3 dealerships to get a car and no go on any of them
doing ok but barely
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:40 PM   #15  

hi michele...not sure if you saw my post last night but if your dh doesnt mind the commute he can try santa rosa pd, sonoma county sherriff and sonoma county highway patrol..i saw signs recently that they were hiring..also he can try petaluma pd, rohnert park pd also have emt licenses i believe but he can check them out also...