Old 06-28-2007, 05:24 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Daily Chat Thursday June 28

Good Morning!!! Ya'll were some busy bees yesterday!!!
Hello to all the newbies!!!!

Lauren--THere are partial hysterectomies and then complete hysterectomies..Tubes, Ovaries, Uterus--we can get rid of it all at once or in parts!!! I think only the tonsils/adenoids can grow back...

dek6--Yes, I am a nurse...Busy but wouldnt do anything else...

Goddess--We were discussing overweight children yesterday...I had a 3 y/o that weighed 55 lbs and had to have a dietary consult for weight loss..The worse just yesterday was an 11 y/o that was almost 300...Kids are hitting puberty alot faster--alot because of hormones added to foods and milk. That is why my child gets Lactaid milk cuz there are no hormones added..Keep it up--it is added incentive to diet/excercise to help our children..

K fell at daycare yesterday and really hit her cheek hard--it was soo swollen and bruised when I got there.. Nothing broken, thank goodness but she has the black eye and blue face...I felt horrible cuz if I would have picked her up right after work--she would have been with me when it happened, but I did a few errands after work and was there later...

Lisa--Welcome home!!! I like Atlanta...Lots of things to do when U go!!!

Ok..off to save lives(or just pretend really good)
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:04 AM   #2  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning everyone

Did really well on the eating issue yesterday and Tuesday. Went on a walk last night. Felt great!!

DH has been leaving in the a.m. and not giving me a smooch??? At night he crashes I always tell him goodnight and I love you and he says it back but I always have to say it first. Ihear people that deal with grief like with his dad passingaway that sometimes that happens. Starting to iritate me some. ANY how it is almost friday thank goodness. Going to be another busy day. I honestly don't think I have ever seen three pages of talking in one day! Cool

Hello everyone

sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Sheila, most likely it is grief. It probably won't happen soon, but try to cuddle with him at night and get him to talk. Start by mentioning some of the good things about his dad if you have to. (If you can think of any ~ I wouldn't have been able to)

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:34 AM   #4  
sheila

Lisa
I do have some nice things to say but over the past two years nothing. But...
the more we see people the more I can tell he didn't talk too highly of me......
Old 06-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #5  

Hi All!....got On The Treadmill A Little Later Than Usual And Stayed On About 10 Minutes Longer Than Usual So Now I Am Running Late...wet Hair To Work Again!...seems To Be The Trend For Me Since I Started The Treadmill In The Mornings...its Toooo Hot In The Afternoons...anyways..hope You All Have A Great Day, I Will Try To Check In Later.........have A Great One!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:22 AM   #6  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everybirdie!

Have had a good week with food so far. Even managed a Starbucks on Tuesday night (Non-Fat) and counted it as was still below my 1500! Wooot!

I had a bit of a revelation that night as well. I never really saw myself as an "emotional" eater but... On Tuesday night I came home and hubby had left the house at 5:00 PM for a bike ride (I got home at 5:20) and said he wouldn't be home for dinner. As I pulled into my street I saw my daughter walking home with a bag of McDonald's. So when I don't cook dinner (used to do this a lot before my plan started) and everyone had to fend for themselves there were constant complaints about nothing for dinner, etc. So now I cook dinner 7 days a week and some nights my daughter eats before I get home and hubby goes out right at dinner time and ends up eating in a pub or fast food. When I got in the house that night I was so frustrated that I had dinner planned and only my sister (in town for the week) was going to eat with me that I said "to heck with it...let's go for Chinese". I sat down and chatted with sis for a bit and then just started making dinner and we ate and I stayed on plan. But it was very eye opening to see my emotions take over and for me to think about deviating from my plan just out of frustration.

I started thinking my plan gives me recipes that are for a single serving so I may just start making my own meals and they can fend for themselves...but then I cooked curried chicken w/ bell pepper sauce for dinner last night and hubby loved it and was all compliments all night about the "yummy dinner" and so now I guess I'll just keep doing what I've been doing and not get angry when they don't eat with me. I know it probably sounds ridiculous but we're spending a lot more money on our groceries (much better cuts of meat, tons more produce and fresh spices, etc.) and many of the dinners take 45 minutes to an hour to make so I guess I'm feeling like with the cost and the effort that they should at least put aside enough time to have dinner with me. Does that sound selfish or dumb?

Anyhow, tonight we're having burgers and coleslaw (on plan recipe) and I hope that they're there. I have a banquet dinner for my neice's high school graduation tomorrow. I chose the chicken entree so I'm hoping there is a salad (without dressing) and lots of veggies with it and I'm only going to eat half the chicken and no bread/dessert. Hopefully that won't throw me off too much since I haven't had a loss at all this week as far as the scale goes, but my clothes are definitely feeling looser so maybe I've lost inches. I get my measurements done on Saturday.

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #7  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

I DID IT i ran/walked an entire mile
and james was such a trooper he made it to his little red beaten face when we were done smiling at me so lovingly that my friends was more joy and pride then anything in this world we even pumped out our sit ups and push up's
Tamra what plan are you on?
i found calorie counting/ WW the best for me cause im so broke all the time all i can do is buy cheap calories make sense ?
any hoo i'll check in later time to go mess with my husband on e-mail im PMS-ing pretty freaking hard
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:53 AM   #8  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone -

I can't believe it's almost lunch time here already, where did my morning go?

I hope everyone has a great day.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone!
wow it was a super busy day here yesterday

I woke up in a lot of pain today, I went to bed last night thinking it was great I only had to take 3 vicodine all day, thinking I didn't have to take more today, but I had to take some for the pain, I hate that stuff!

hey did any one read my question about yesterday? what to get for the nurses at the hospital? please help!!!!

RR I am so sorry about your daughter, don't Carry a guilty feeling with you, it was an accident!

Tamara I am so proud of you! you rock! it is great you cooked even thought you wanted to go get Chinese food, and if I was you I would be so happy that your family is all going to start eating dinner together, that is such a blessing!

Leslie I love when days go fast! enjoy your little one, just adorable!

Michelle great job! and for your son!

Christina how was your training session?

Sheila sorry about DH, I hope the grief period goes quickly, and I am so sorry about your FIL not being such a nice man, how sad to be remembered my anyone like that, I am sorry you are finding out he was not to kind when speaking of you, but you know what, the trued always comes out, sooner or later, and people are going to know you are a great person, like I said before you have great values, you are raising fine boys and have no regrets, you need to stand tall!

Melinda where are you?

GG I hope you are not having a crazy day at work.

Hi everyone else I am missing have a great day!

I will try to be back later, I am going to try to say downstairs for the must part of the day, I could be hurting today because I went up and down stairs a few times yesterday.

Keep the great work everyone!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:48 PM   #10  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon everyone,

Hanna: Thanks for the vote of confidence. I love having dinner all together, you're right it is a blessing and I get a little upset when they don't show up or make other plans when the meat is thawed and veggies cut. I think it's really important, especially for my teen daughter, to sit and have dinner as a family. It allows us to connect EVERY day, even if it's only for 30 minutes. I also think that if she starts picking up my new healthy eating habits it may become "normal" for her instead of fast food being the norm. We had her middle school graduation ceremony this morning and while the slide show was playing I cried to think that next year she starts her final 3 years of school and then she's done...off to the next chapter of her life. The time goes so fast!

707Goddess: I'm doing the slim-fast plan. I know there are lots of people that don't think this is a good plan so I don't tend to advertise it. I love it though and it's working. Shake w/ fruit for breakfast, snack, Bar and light meal at lunch, snack, Dinner (the recipes are outstanding and I've posted some in the recipe thread of 30something), snack. I have started working out "real meal" breakfasts for weekends and I can do an egg white omlet with pepper/onions/2oz LF chedder, salsa and toast for about the same as my shake (less calories, more protein). I realize that I eventually have to be able to replace the SF products with real food, but I really enjoy the convenience of the products. At the same time I'm a calorie counter as well...1500 calories is my plan right now and I'm absolutely loving the food I'm eating. I use the meal plan from the SF.com site and can substitute if I don't like something or have produce that I need to use. It's working really well for me and like I said I've started to check into what I can have instead of the products for times when I want to cook, but for now with such a busy schedule I'm doing well with the plan I'm on. I do find though that I spend a lot of money on chicken, ground turkey and beef tenderloin (that one can be very expensive), but the food tastes great and sometimes almost feels like too much...LOL

I never in a million years would have believed it if someone told me that on a diet I'd eat more food each day than I ever did before and lose weight. And the quality of food is so much better...so much fresh produce and yummy fresh spices, it's great!

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:48 PM   #11  
sheila

Thank you Hanna for your encouraging words. It means so much to me.

sheila
Old 06-28-2007, 02:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone,
I just got home from doing some shopping with my youngest sister who is here visiting. She just graduated and turned 18, so I bought her a few things. We did lunch, and I did not do very well. She leaves tomorrow, so I hope that after she leaves I can get my butt in gear and get a food and exercise schedule going.
I had a really rought night last night-my six year old son was awake most of the night in pain. His ear was really hurting. We have a pool in the neighborhood, and he has been in it a lot lately. He always seems to get swimmers ear. I should of had plugs in his ears. He had tubes put in his ears when he was little and his adnoids(no that is spelled wrong) taken out. Poor BABY! Of course, my husband was on a 24 hour duty so I was handling it alone. GREAT TIMING!!!! Ok-off to do some cleaning and figure out the rest of the day with the family. So glad to have found this site.
Heather
heath13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello again!
Sheial you are so sweet, keep the good work, we need more moms like you!

Tamara yes it sounds like it is a little bit of a readjustment, like any adjustment (schedules, family activities, on and on) it will take time, but my advise is be consistent, sounds like you are on a good path, your kids will start noticing it and will be looking forward to the time together, how wonderful!

Heather have a great time with your sister.

I am trying to figure out how to use my ipaq (pocket PC) it sux!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:45 PM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Been a rough day today, as I'm sure you can imagine. Lots of emotions going around. Everyone's home and in bed now though....and I'm headed there shortly!

Hanna, Maybe send the nurses on the floor a fruit basket and/or chocolates? Make sure you get enough to cover all 3 shifts though!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #15  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hello all,

Tamara, I did not know slim fast had a plan other than drinking the shakes. Where do you get the plan? Online? How is it and have you lost any weight? Also, I wanted to ask you about the curried chicken. You've mentioned it before, but I did not find the recipe in the recipe thread. If you could, please post it. My husband has been asking for curry chicked and I have no idea where to start, Thank you.

The lady that I work for does not turn her air on. I do not do well in the heat and humidity. Today I think it made me sick. Ugh.

Tommorrow I have taken the day off. I have to drive 2 hours to get blood work done. Mainly because I live in the boonies and nowhere here takes my insurance. I will try and get in some shopping though to make up for the awful ride. There is a really nice mall near the docs.

Hanna, I agree with Lauren, some nice chocolates and fruit for the nurses. Glad you are doing well.

Have a good evening everyone.

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote