3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Hi Newbie Here (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/116093-hi-newbie-here.html)

jayar 06-25-2007 11:18 AM

Hi Newbie Here

Hi ,

This is Jay. I am 32 years old and mother of two. I am 182 lbs right now, my highest weight . Looking to lose 40 lbs atleast .... Not sure how to start.
Looking forward to meet all of u

LBH 06-25-2007 11:55 AM

Hi jay! :welcome:

Are you thinking of following a specific plan, like Weight Watchers (WW) or South Beach or something? Or just counting calories? Have you started exercising?

A good place to start might be a food log. Log everything you put in your mouth for a few days. It can be very enlightening! :lol: At least then you would get a better idea of where your trouble spots are.

Come join us on the "daily chat" thread!

mjoste 06-25-2007 02:33 PM

Jay: Yes, please join us on the daily thread as Lauren said. You will find some great ideas, and at the very least you will get much needed support. Many of us have either tried or researched a lot of different diet plans, work out plans, etc...and we can give you our thoughts. :carrot:

Welcome!!!! :D MO

tammy5 06-25-2007 03:33 PM

Another New one

Hello. My name is Tammy, I married with three children and work full-time. I have done weight watchers and had some success, however, have been stumbling. I don't have time to get to meetings anymore, so I am hoping to get support from you all!! Eating on the road and choosing sleep vs. exercise seem to be my trouble areas. Any advice would be GREAT :)

mjoste 06-25-2007 03:53 PM

Tammy: Welcome! :hug: I totally understand about not being able to make meetings!!! What are you doing work-out wise to stay on target? Sometimes just mixing that up a little will help jar the weight loose! Ok, I guess "Loose" isn't a good term when we're trying to firm up right? LOL You're in the right place!!! MO

jayar 06-25-2007 06:19 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your support. I am planning to count calories . Keeping a food log is a great idea. Started to walk 30 min on the treadmill

tleef 06-26-2007 09:55 AM

Welcome to 3FC Tammy and Jay!

You'll find a wealth of information here and super supportive people when you need it.

I use a nutritional tracker that is part of my plan, but alot of people on this forum use fitday.com to track everything. I have found not only does it point out where my faults in my eating plan are, it helps me to plan ahead as much as a week in meals/snacks and it's easier to stick to. I make my lunch/snacks every night for the next day and also pull out whatever I'm making for dinner (if there is meat involved). This way I have everything ready and it's much easier for ME to stay on track.

I wish you both the best on your journey to a healthy, happy, long and fit life!

Cheers, Tamara