Old 05-11-2007, 07:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Default 30somethings TGIF ~ May 11

What? I'm starting the thread this morning???
RR??
Roo??
GG??
I don't get it?! Where are you guys?
GREAT start to my morning! Got up for the fourth morning this week to exercise. DH is so impressed! Must say that I'm equally amazed. The thing is that everything is so much more irritating and stressful on the days when I don't exercise. I'm sick and tired of feeling out of control. I am the only one in control of getting my lazy *** of out bed in the morning. I've had a brief mental talk to myself every single morning this week, "do I want to feel good today or feel like crap?" Easy answer and up I get out of bed. Our new house is located in an area with walking/biking trails everywhere. I'm so grateful that we'll be living in such a beautiful area and really want to "see" it. Here's wishing everyone an excellent Friday! Joan
P.S. Kerri ~ had to laugh at your post from last night. I have a relative with Alzheimers and it is frustrating to be around for any length of time. I feel guilty too ~ you're not alone!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #3  

Ok, I'm starting to feel a little weird... I finally start the morning thread and no one is responding? Where in the heck is everybody?
Old 05-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #4  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Im here joan
Last night was VERY rough jessica was saying she couldn't do it anymore does'nt want the baby ETC so i gave the baby to DH and i went and laid with jessica and consoled (sp?) her and we kept the baby most of the night she came in about 3 am and grabbed her and i checked her this morning and she was feeding her and changing her diper SOOO im hoping this is just post-partum and she'll snap outta it soon
I never once had the PP depression with any of my 4 kids so this is all new to me
Take care and hey everyone check in
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6

Well, I bombed my diet last night at a Mexican restaurant...always my weakness! I am taking mom out for dinner tonight and know I will blow it again. I can stay on track Mon-Thurs, but Fri, Sat and Sun always kill it. I blame the weekend for every one of my lbs gained over the past few years!!!! Well, that and middle age spread!!! (are we 30-somethings considered middle age yet....how depressing)

IrishJoan: A beautiful area to walk is a good motivator (that is about the only thing that motivates me too....along with my walk-hungry dog). What area do you live in?

707Goddess: I never had it either, but my mom did (with me) and it was really rough. She even contemplated suicide at one point. I guess it is comparable to a really bad bout of PMS x 100. She needs to see her doc and find out what medication/counseling can help. It can get really out of control in some people (and then of course there is the guilt of feeling like a bad "mom" on top of everything else). Is she a single mom? Maybe feeling overwhelmed too. It's good that you are so supportive!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #6  

Yes she's single baby daddy's a looser well i told her to make an apt today for the dr's i hope he give's her something but not to strong i heard some anti-dressants and do the reverse on teens and make them want to commit susicide
Old 05-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning...errr afternoon all. Sorry had a late start this morning so didn't have time to post. Work has been busy but not insane (justthe way i like it)...and i'm happy to report...last night was the first night all week i slept through the night without waking up and not being able to fall asleep. I think my albeit short workout yesterday helped.
joan i'm so proud of you. I need to get back to working out first thing in the am. Also, isn't it great when you are moving to an area that encourages you to get out and move. btw joan - we are probably going to pull out of the contract we have...too many bad variables...so this weekend we will be house hunting...but the area we are looking for has very cool "rails to trails" system called the silver comet trail....it goes from a portion of atlanta all the way to alabama. Also, we have a lot of cool outdoor places to go hiking. Can't wait.
Michelle - sorry to hear about Jessica...hopefully she will snap out of it. I don't have any kids so don't really know what its about...but hope she turns around...hang in there..hope your rug burn is healing better.
michilin - hang in there...just try to be good..i know its hard, but think about how good it will feel to loose the weight.
mj - where are you girl??????
hey everyone else. BTW if i don't post this weekend..its cuz we are out in alt looking for houses...although the hotel we are staying at has a buisness center...so we'll see. Hope everyone else is doing great!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #8  

Whew ~ so glad that people are responding... I was starting to get a complex;-).

Michelle ~ I've never experienced post-partum depression either but have a good friend as well as a sister-in-law that had terrible depression. It is nothing to mess with. I wouldn't want to put my daughter on antidepressants either, however, sometimes that is what is called for. Living with deep depression ~ especially after having a beautiful baby ~ has to be awful. My son is on Zoloft (for anxiety and obsessions). We hated to put him on it but it's made a big difference. There is a risk of suicide, but living with deep depression has an even high risk of suicide. You're such a good mom... all of us are here for you.
michelinwoman ~ get back in the saddle ... Mexican restaurants get me every time. I rarely go out to eat Mexican as there is no way to "be good" when eating Mexican food. Not to mention the margaritas!
GG ~ howdy! I miss Melinda too ~ we all miss her so much! Good luck this weekend. Too bad that the other house isn't going to happen. It's good though that you found out about problems before moving in though. We have only one more inspection with the gas co. and then we're thru. We close on May 31 but will be staying here (renting from the new owner) until June 22. That is when we close on the new house. Someone asked me where we're moving to. We'll be living in an area called Wildwood and it is absolutely beautiful. Biking and walking trails are *everywhere.* A gorgeous state park is within 10 minutes of our home. DH and I like to take the family camping in the fall and this year we'll be doing it very close to home. Plus, I get to walk the kids to school each day. The only negative thing is that it'll be a farther distance for DH to travel to work each day (he is 10 minutes away right now). But, he can work from home with his job and will probably do that a couple days a week. I am sooooo excited!
Old 05-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #9  
LBH

Michelle, it might not be PPD. She's young and overwhelmed being "alone", even though she has you and DH and her siblings. It's only been 2 1/2 wks., do you remember how you felt when you were 2 wks. PP?? Geez, I was a mess, but I wouldn't say I had PPD. All her hormones are out of whack, baby is probably on a topsy-turvy sleep schedule. Here's what Babycenter.com has to say about baby at 2 wks. old: http://www.babycenter.com/mybabycenter/1002.html and about the "baby blues": http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/bab...ery/11704.html. It's great that she's got you, Michelle! Just be supportive of her, don't get angry if you can help it. Do the grandma thing...take the baby while she naps or showers, show her how to be a mama! Maybe it would help to point out the wonderful things about Nevaeh, like that cute little smile, her tiny little fingers and toes, the way she gets all excited when mama talks to her...KWIM? And give Jessica lots of hugs and kisses too!

GG, Sounds like a great area, have fun!!

Michelin, Uh, NO, we are NOT middle age!! Come on girl!! Hang in there, Mexican food is rough...have fajitas or something!

It does get a little slow around the boards in the warm weather...everyone is out enjoying it, or on vacation. Hang in there!! People like me that HATE hot weather (and cold, lol!) will be here, in the A/C reading!
Old 05-11-2007, 05:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

lol at lauren...gee not liking the hot or cold. Man that's rough LMAO. I love it warm. I hate cold weather...but am ready for some season. Here in savannah we pretty much have either really hot or cold. Very little spring and fall. So it will be nice in Marietta...we actaully get some seasons.
Joan - what you were afraid you scared us away...lol..not a chance. btw..the area you are moving to sounds GREAT!
Well just popping in. Caught up to my last apt...keeping fingers crossed...40 minutes til closing..i'm trying to get out of here on time to night since we have to make the 4.5 hr drive to Marietta. Alright...going to cruise around a bit...bye all.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #11  

LAUREN ~~~ THANK YOU GIRL it has been soooooo long since i had a baby i've been looking everywhere for how a baby grows what to expect etc
so thanks for the site your a life saver
Old 05-11-2007, 10:36 PM   #12  
LBH

No problem Michelle! You can sign up, or sign DD up to get emails weekly telling you where the baby is at developmentally and it has tips, etc.

GG, DH always says I have a 10° temperature tolerance...but it's more like, I'm OK if it's over 50° and under 85° (90° for swimming!)