3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Something Chat Tuesday May 8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/112050-30-something-chat-tuesday-may-8-a.html)

Milagro 05-08-2007 03:08 AM

30 Something Chat Tuesday May 8

Hiiiii
Hope youŽre all doing fine - itŽs already 9 am here and the comp is working (but with some strange sounds :dizzy: ). IŽve planned to get some flowers for the terrasse today and IŽll bring little boy to choir in the afternoon and while waiting there for him IŽll reread the book weŽll discuss on Thursday at my bookclub. So: nothing important today - IŽll enjoy every minute.

Melinda :hug: donŽt give up! We all have ups and downs and I remember the time I started here always grumbling about my gains - youŽll see better days :hug:

Gator did you find out about your stuff - hope everything turns out fine :hug:

DonŽt give up. Kirsten :carrot:

mjoste 05-08-2007 07:16 AM

Kirsten: I literally have tears wellin' in my eyes right now. I came on here this morning really needing a hug....and there it was. Thanks so much for the supportive words. I haven't been feeling very upbeat lately, so I've been MIA from 3FC (more than usual)....because I hate spewing my negativity when everyone is going through their own struggles-some much MUCH worse. It's just frustrating. Last night I was so depressed I wanted to go for a long walk in the gorgeous sunny Spring weather. Instead, I sat on the couch, watched t.v. and ate 2 pieces of garlic cheese bread and 1/2 of a family size bag of BBQ potato chips. I'm just really sad. There are days I would kill to go home and have a boyfriend/husband be there to just hug me and let me cry like a baby. Oh well. Thanks again, Kirsten...it really meant a lot to me this morning! ;) BTW-what kind of flowers did you end up getting? I have a TON of perennials in my yard-most of which I can't even begin to name! LOL

GG: Oh my gosh! That sucks. What a horrible feeling!!! I really am prayin' everything is all there safe and sound! Let us know as soon as you are able to get in and check it out! What a pisser! I would have to really be on my best behaviour when I saw the owners of that place in person.....because I'd want to wring their neck! Are they liable if crap is gone or did you have to sign a release waiver? Grrr...... :hug:

Joan/Lauren/Lisa/Karen K./Roo/Sheila/Kerri/Hanna/ Christina/Stephanie/Vanessa/Michelin/EVERYONE ELSE: :hug: :hug: 'cause I miss you guys.

Ok, I guess I should really say something positive today eh? Hmmm...ok-I really think taking the B Vitamin supplements is helping me maintain a level of ok energy throughout the afternoon and evening. There! :o

Well.....gotta go, another 140 happy campers coming in soon and I have to pee! :D

Love, Melinda

RXZephyr 05-08-2007 07:39 AM

I've been reluctant to post because I've been :mad: , :( and :dizzy: for most of the past couple of weeks. I've just about given up on losing weight because in over half a years worth of (poor) attempts, I've not lost anything and actually managed to GAIN weight. And that just makes me cranky and depressed (so, I know exactly where you're coming from Melinda).

I still go for my walks and I've started to get more active on the weekend. (Sun is recharging my solar batteries, I guess.) But with more activity also comes an increased amount of EATING and not the good stuff either. :(

So....I suck. :P

:Lawrence
Resident Rooster, Full Time Hypocrite (hey wait, man = hypocrite, right? :p)

Christina S 05-08-2007 09:54 AM

hi all....i weighed yesterday and GAINED 8 ounces...i just dont understand...i did more this week then i have in a really long time..so i need to reanalyze and figure something out...make some changes but not sure what at this point...i am 4 pounds behind getting to my goal weight by august 1st

rooster: you DO NOT suck...hang in there...it will happen

melinda: hello to you too...

kirsten: sounds like a nice relaxing day...take it all in and enjoy!

well...have to get everyone up and getting ready...have a great day!

KarenK 05-08-2007 10:02 AM

Hello all,

DH was away for business last night and I did not sleep well at all. Embarassing confession time: I hate being in the tub when I am home alone in the dark. If I can get in while it's still light outside, I'm fine. I guess I'm afraid something will happen and there I will be--butt naked and helpless. Why it doesn't bother me in the daylight I don't know. And FORGET the shower. That ain't happening when I'm here alone, but I blame that on too many horror movies! :)

Melinda and Zephyr: When you are struggling is when you SHOULD be here! That's what we are here for. So line up both of you: first, :exercise: here's your kick in the behind for not letting us help and for not following your plan. Second, :hug: , here's a hug. We have all been there. Heck, I'm a mod and have only gained lately. So I'm waiting patiently for my kick in the behind.

Kirsten: I hope you got some lovely flowers! I'm skipping the flowers this year. Alex cannot seem to stay out of the flower bed, so I'm saving the money. Hope the 'puter behaves for you.

mumtoliam 05-08-2007 10:03 AM

Thanks everyone for your thoughts about my son's goldfish - I did isolate him and he did die overnight - the pH levels were low last week and I think that is the reason he got sick. I put some anti fungal stuff in the water of the other fish - I hope they are okay - I didnt tell the "little guy" he died - I said mummy took him to the vet to get some medicine- cause he was really sick and I need to put the medicine in the tank with the other fish - when they are all better we will pick Pumpkin up from the vet...(aka mum will buy a new one - I think it will be after the weekend - I need to treat the water again on Friday and then I will see how the rest of the school of fish are coping.

Feeling lousy for not exercising since Saturday I did take myself off to the gym today - just worked out for 40 minutes but then later tonight I did a 20 minute yoga stress release session.

Kristen - Sorry to hear you have had computer trouble. But glad to see you back online.

Gatorgal- I hope your belongings are safe and you can settle on a house - that would be very stressful for you both.

Happy2 be- sounds like you had a fantastic weekend!

707goddess & RXzephyr - good to see you back here - we can support you in those difficult moments- thats why we are here :)

michelinwoman-get your armpits checked out - better safe then sorry

Everyone else - Hello hope you have had a good start of the week - its nearly hump day!!!See you all tomorrow!!!

KarenK 05-08-2007 10:06 AM

Melinda: Sometimes an SO is the reason for eating wrong! It's so much harder to be good when DH is slurping ice cream and downing cookies. In fact, I can pretty much guarantee I WON'T be good. But you are right about the hugs and just having someone to vent to. So, here's an extra :hug: for you.

IrishJoan 05-08-2007 10:18 AM

Melinda ~ wish that I could fly across cyberspace and give you one great big hug:-). You seem like such a wonderful, caring person. Don't give up girlie and certainly don't stay away when having a bad day. You're not bombarding anyone with negativity. We all have good days and we all have lousy days. Most of us have good days with some lousy moments thrown in now and then. Have you thought about an online dating service? I used to think that was weird but I know two different couples that met online and both are now married. My one friend really liked using it and felt very safe. Also, your doctor needs to see you more often. If you need me to come up and give him a raptap on the head I will! Does he have any idea how low you're feeling? Hang in there little cream puff. We all love you!!

IrishJoan 05-08-2007 10:26 AM

Karen ~ my DH is one of my worst enemies! He eats anything that he wants and, of course, I join in... The big difference is that I think of exercise as a chore (actually, I'd rather do chores all day long;-) and he is addicted to running. He really does help motivate me. Always encouraging me to take the time to go take a walk or do something for myself. When we met DH was working and going to school full time. He was a major couch potato and I was the active one that. We married, I quit working, had three kids and it's like we've switched roles. I love my life so much. Just never thought that the day would come when shopping for clothes would be depressing:-(. I really get down about my weight ...

LBH 05-08-2007 10:49 AM

Hi All!

Sorry I didn't make it on here yesterday...I started a post and got sidetracked! :lol:

I have a phone interview in 10 minutes so I can't chat long, but :hug: :hug: :hug: to Melinda and Lawrence!! Hang in there sweeties!

Guess what DH bought me?!?! A laptop!!! :woo: I'm soo excited!! It's for "business", once I pass my real estate exams. But will be great for when he's busy playing on the computer and I need a fix. :p

I'll be back...

707Goddess 05-08-2007 12:30 PM

Morning all thanks again for the support things have been crazy OH and wait till i tell you the atupidest thing i have done yet in my 34 years the night before last i got up to go pee at 2am and it was pitch black so im making my way to my bathroom and i trip and on the way down i put my hands up (so i dont hit the counter) and then landed on my face and have rug burn all on it it looks really bad i get a pic of it and post it

707Goddess 05-08-2007 12:36 PM

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/faceburn.jpg

mjoste 05-08-2007 12:46 PM

Michelle: Oh wow...and OW! U Ok? That's not stupid, just unlucky! :D

Karen K./Joan/Lauren/Christina: Thanks for the boot in the bootie and the hugs. I really think this sporadic increase in energy is causing my moods to trip out more too....right now I'm in a crash phase and am super tired.....and I have 70 people still coming back after lunch to check back in. Karen, I know you are right about the SO! I really just need to take stock of my life and realize that things are actually pretty good and quit whining like a 10 year old. I'm just a hormonal mess! :dizzy: Joan, I wish you could send yourself through the puter too!!! :smug: Lauren, how'd the phone interview go? What kinds of questions did they ask??? Christina, 8 ounces? RU sure it's not just water weight from sodium retention? I think you've been doing outstanding, so try not to get too frustrated, but changing up the routine is always good for shocking the system into behaving! :p

Roo: Yeah, feelin' like a year's been wasted w/no positive results is frustrating as heck!!! I just hope you can take some comfort in knowing that we love you like a snuggly baby polar bear and you totally inspire others just by your charm. Yes, I did say charm-you have it even when you try not to! :hug:

Ok, gotta go make the donuts..... or check in jurors.....rather eat the donuts...or the jurors! :o Melinda

mjoste 05-08-2007 02:26 PM

Joan: Oh yeah.....about the online dating. I have tried that-for many years. Never had any luck. Dated this wonderful guy (Norwegian/active military/smart/hilarious/etc.), but then things got too serious for him & he just didn't have the time. His name is Bo-he was the ONLY decent guy that has been out there (since I'm not interested in anyone out of my county). So....it's pretty slim pickins. I'm dead serious in that the guys here in Kalamazoo just do not gravitate towards the normal, average female. They all want a little 20 year old hottie that they can parade around. The older guys (45 plus) either want that 20 year old or someone my age w/a perfect body. Dynamite personality and solid career just doesn't matter to them-it's a really weird area of the country! :dizzy: Anyway......I also can't do the online thing anymore because of my position w/the Courts. :( Soooo...I really don't know where else to meet guys! It's frustrating. Many people suggest church, but I can't find a church that I'm comfortable with. I don't know.....I guess I could go back online and not post a picture and not mention my career...but when you don't post a pic, few guys respond. :( AHHHHHHHHHH...WHAT IS A GIRL TO DO??? Melinda

happy2be 05-08-2007 02:47 PM

hello every one!
I was on my way to the gym when my friend calls and tells me we are meeting for breakfast, so guess what? I went out for breakfast, I did order a big omelet, it comes with bread and potatos, I did eat a little bit of toast, but only ate 1/2 the omelet, not too bad. I was already kind of upset about my weight earlier, I weigh myself and I am a couple of Lbs. heavier :mad:
I am going to the gym in a little while, I coulnd't go right after I ate.

GG did you found out if your stuff is OK? I hope it is!

wow Michelle that looks painful!

Lauren good luck with the interview!!!

Rooster hang in there, keep working on it, some times it just takes a little more time. cheer up!!!

IrishJoan you are a very neet person, always have very nice thoughts :hug: :hug:

Melinda I am sorry it has been tough you are a great gal, just like Joan said, the right guy will come along then don't always appear where we think they will, you deserve some one special!

I was able to post some pics to share:

http://thumb3.webshots.net/t/53/553/...3trBbvO_th.jpg

I have to go make some phone calls,
See you guys later!

Hanna