Old 04-27-2007, 06:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Somthing Chat Fri April 27

Morning all, yes i'm still alive. Work yesterday was pure ****/exhausting. I had 13 surgeries, plus about 20 animals that were dropped off for annuals or exams. So needless to say, didn't get a lunch break. In addition, right after work i had to run the mutt down to the pet sitters. Then afterwards, DH and I hit the road to Augusta. We stayed the night at FIL house. Now its friday am and we're hitting the road again for Atlanat. Looking at the house we may buy and several barns for pony. So i don't know if i'll be around much. I'll catch up on everyone's post Sunday. Everyone have a great weekend. Bye...behave....or at least don't get arrested LMAO
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:25 AM   #2  

Morning ladies! So far WW point system working ok for me. I didn't use all my points yesterday, and by the time I remembered I saved them for dessert, it was past midnite. I don't eat after 10:30 pm, because A. I'll keep eating since I'm alone at that time, and B. It'll keep me awake!

Puppy slept entirely through the night! YA! Today I think my son and I will go pick strawberries, and then I'd really like to get some sewing done! I didn't sew yesterday because I was recovering from whipping up a Pioneer girl dress for a neighbor in 24 hours lol, that was fun!

Hubby is very happy to follow WW plan, he's a Marine, but a borderline out of shape one lol. He's a math whiz, and has been going around the kitchen calculating points for all the food. Last night we calculated the points in one of our favorite baskin robbins snacks! 35 points in one treat!!!!! Thats alot more than my daily allowance, I honestly thought it has maybe 700 calories. But it had 1400 and 90 grams of fat. LOL I no longer wonder why my weightloss has been a bit on the slow side!
~Z
fabricaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:36 AM   #3  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

OH MY GOSH, MICHELLE! SHE IS ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING!!!! WOW! Jessica looks great too! Oh, just a sweet little muffin she is!

Kerri: Well, I know...I know...I really should quit my day job and hit the road traveling w/Seinfeld or something. LOL on the job! OF COURSE you should be running the busiest store! 'Cause you got it goin' on!!!

Fabric: Keep up the good work! LOVED the image of hubby runnin' through the kitchen doing the calculations! Too funny!

Clover: Yeehaw, I knew it...I knew you hadn't left us!

Lauren: How's the family doin' today honey?

Lisa & Joan: Good morning my little cream cheese frosting covered muffins!!!

GG: Yeah, she checked in! Have a good time in A-Town and let us know all the details when you're back!

I AM SOOOOO HAPPY!!!! My weight went up again! A total of 4 pounds now! That is just wonderful! Ok, I'm trying one more day of this reverse psychology crap w/my body and if it doesn't work, I'm taking a blow torch to my butt and burning off a couple of tons.

Ok, so is anyone else out there actually liking Larry Burkhead (sp?)? The whole Anna Nicole Smith drama was a bit annoying, but for some reason-I wound up really routin' for Larry and actually really like the guy.

Yea, love Walmart. My boss's brother passed away a couple of days ago and she's returning today...so I wanted to get her a little something to cheer her up since most people just do condolence cards and flowers. That sometimes depresses me more when I've had a death in the family because the flowers die too-ya know? Anyway, so I bought her this hilarious dancing turtle. I know, I'm a nut....but "sometimes ya feel like a nut, sometimes ya don't!"

Ok, I have another few posts to catch up on and then I've got a big project to wrap up this morning. See ya all later! Love, Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:47 AM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning!! Another whirlwind morning here. I've changed all the beds and put dinner in the crockpot. It's Jambalaya. Yum. The last two times I made it I forgot the shrimp. I HAVE TO REMEMBER THE SHRIMP this time. DH laughs at me when I forget the shrimp.

Michelle: The baby is beautiful!! I hope mother and daughter are doing well today.

GG: Have fun in Atlanta. I hope you have a great weekend.

Fabric: Whoa!!! 35 pts? What is it? I want to be sure to avoid it!

Melinda: You sound like a very caring person. Dancing turtle, huh?
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning all!
I have a super busy day today, I am prepearing for tomorrows birthdau party, have to bake the cake, can cook we have about 50 people coming 35 confiremed! I am looking forward to it!

GG have a great time in Atlanta, good luck w/the house barn, etc. Sorry to hear about the crazy day, try to get some rest if you can.

Karen Jamobolaya sounds great!!!!! can I come overy for dinner?

Z keep the good work, enjoy your puppy!!!

I will try to check in later,

don't have time to explain but my sister called again (mexico city) she called to tell me she is coming to visit. When I heard her say that my mouth dropped

Have a great day!
Off and running!
Have to take DS to school.

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning All!

Kerri ~ CONGRATS!!!! I'm excited for you. I know that you're happy to be back in STL and this just has to be the icing on the cake. You go Girl!!! What an honor for you to get this promotion when you've only been with the company for such a short time.
Our new house is 14 years old. That is practically brand new for us as we currently live in an 81 year old home. I'm so excited about storage, outlets, 3toilets (we currently have 1), dishwasher...
Pharmacy question for you... I went to see my dermatologist yesterday and he is really pushing for me to do Accutane. I'm currently taking Sulfamethoxazole 2x day. It helps clear up my skin but I don't want to take medicine for until menopause. I'm 39 now and it's incredibly depressing to have skin problems that are worse than my teenage newphews. I'm finished having babies, DH has had a vasectomy, etc., etc... what do you think? I went ahead and filled out the "iPledge" info.

Michelle ~ gorgeous baby. Your daughter has the most beautiful skin and smile:-). She looks quite content in the photo. Is the baby's daddy still being a pain in the ***?

GG ~ good luck with the new house. I hope that it all works out. Aren't you glad that the sale of your old home is all behind you? We have to close and move into our new home all in one day. I've booked a moving company and we are really organized people, however, I'm betting that it will be a nutso kind of day. I'm getting so excited!

Fabric ~ very cool that you didn't start munching so late at night. I try not to eat anything after 7:00 p.m. It helps that I'm not a big television watcher so I've never been a huge snacker. Now if I could just conquer dinner... that is my "weak" area.

Melinda ~ my favorite little cream filled eclair! Stop getting on the scale so often Girl! You are going to drive yourself bunkers. I was hoping that your feeling so exhausted would let up with the increased dosage... hang in there dancing turtle girl.

KarenK ~ don't forget the shrimp! Sounds yummy.

happy2be ~ enjoy the birthday party. Sounds like quite a celebration. Is DS excited? That is weird that your sister is finally making the trip to see you when she's never done so before. Just so long as she isn't bring Mama with her;-).

Time to get moving. Errands to run before picking up my little girls from school. Happy Friday! Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:35 PM   #7  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Joan: First of all, holy cow...I've been trying to get into the site for over an hour...something is goofy w/my computer! Anyway, I took Accutane as one of the first patients to do so back when I was about 14-so almost 24 years ago! It was the best thing that ever happened to me for my acne! Originally it was marketed by the drs. as a medication that would build up in your system and block you from ever developing bad acne again. For me, that was totally true. It cleared me up in a snap and I have not had but a random pimple here and there my entire life. I swear by that stuff! I was a walking braille (sp?) board before and no creams or pills worked. I gotta tell ya, despite all the negative press it received like 10 or so years ago...it was the miracle drug that changed my life! I don't know if you still have to do this or not, but when I took it I had to go for several blood draws and could not be on it for more than like 4 months, 6 months, something like that. Back then it was not a long term option-can't remember why! So, I'm not sure what Kerri's perspective is....but I am a firm believer in it!!!!

OK, I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE WITH ALL OF YOU MY DUMB MELINDA STORY OF THE CENTURY! R U READY FOR THIS ONE?

Ok, well....last night @ the store I wanted to pick up a new lotion. I use the Walmart version of Eucerin for my face and my "frontals-" they chafe (sp?) especially when tanning. I don't like to use the thicker stuff all over (sorry 'bout this topic Roo) in the morning because it doesn't really soak in very well and when getting into work clothes...no time to wait for it to dry. Ok, so I also have this $1 cocoa butter stuff that I use...but it's too thin and watery. Thus the reason for wanting to get something in between. It took me about 15 minutes, but I picked out some Johnson's adult lotion (they have several new kinds/scents).

As I'm leaving to go check out, I pass by another rack of lotions. Ok...this doesn't strike me as odd because they're getting ready to convert our store to a Super Walmart and products are all over the place. I find yet another new Johnson's lotion and since it has green tea in it (which I'm sooooo addicted to-I even have the new Crest toothpaste w/it in there) I'm like: YEA BABY!

I go home and am excited to try out the new stuff since I was fried from the tanner. I'm smearin' it on thick and thinkin'....hmmm....kind of thicker than I thought...but not too bad! Then I get another BIG GLOMP in my hands and start workin' the frontals...realizing that hmmm.....it's not really soaking in...something's off about this lotion...kind of like....hair conditioner or something. It's finally @ this point that I look @ the bottle again and realize that what I am putting on is in fact................

BODY WASH!!! Yup, rubbin' on some soap before bed! What a phreak!

Melinda

Last edited by mjoste; 04-27-2007 at 01:07 PM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the info Melinda! That is hard to believe that the stuff clears a complexion up permanently. You can only be on it for 4 months and you wouldn't believe all of the paperwork that goes with it. Even though DH had a vasectomy 3 years ago, I still have to sign paperwork each month agreeing to use a second form of birth control. I have to get a pregnancy test each month before the prescription can be filled. I thought about taking it a few years back (my skin has gone crazy since my early 30's) but didn't want to mess with it until I was finished having children. It's good to read about such positive results. I'm just sick and tired of wasting money on products that don't work and I sure don't want to be taking antibiotics menopause kicks in. It just that taking something that strong scares me.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

I have just a quick minute to type. I was starting to get ready for the party tomorrow and I started not feeling well, just cold chills and feeling like crap. I called DH and he said not to worry about anything, to go to bed and when he comes home he will run to the store and get the stuff we need (burgers, buns, hot dogs, etc.) I am finishing with the cake as soon as it cools off!!! but I am going to go to bed for now.

Yes I did say my family is weired! I can't figure them out, to me it sounds like the guilt trip is more on my sister, I hope one of her suitcases doesn't come in walking by herself in 2 feet and it has a name MOM :yieks: they will have to get a hotel room I will not put up with my mom, not I am not going to do it.

Michelle the baby is adorable!!!

Melinda I am with you I like Larry Burkhead. As far as the face cream goes, I like to splurge on my creams I love Chanel, they have really great product. But I only buy shampoo at Walmart, LOL.

Karri :congratulations: I am so happy for you!!!!

I am not feeling well, I am going to bed! nite for now!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

I'm really not trying to be unsociable! Honest!! Just a little crazy around here!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:37 PM   #11  

just wanted to say hey!...long week..glad its over for the most part...i will try to check in this weekend and catch up on posts...have a great weekend everyone!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #12  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey all just got in sounds like a busy day for everyone.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:27 PM   #13  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

LOL about the lotion, Melinda!

This is just a quick -Hi i'm still here!

I am so glad the week is over too! It was a hectic week and I hope I catch up with you all over the weekend.
mumtoliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Hey all. I have a migraine so I'll be short.

Joan - Accutane is a strong medicine. But one that does have it's place. It helps a lot of people and I would hope your MD wouldn't suggest it unless you've tried everything else without success. Personally, if something else is working I would stick with it. Accutane has some pretty bad side effects. Most people get such dry skin that it peels off including the lips. Some depression/ psychosis also, but that is rare. But it is short term only, so if you can get through it, it will probably work. And check with your insurance company; a lot of them don't cover it and especially since you are not a teenager (sorry). It's a lot of hassle, isn't it? If you do get it; don't forget to pick it up from the pharmacy before 7 days after the MD has written the Rx. We can't dispense it 7 days after it is written and the pharmacy has to get IPledge auth to dispense (it's a simple process for the pharmacy so don't worry). I have only had a couple of problems when IPledge denied me filling the Rx, but it's because the MD hadn't called it in to them yet.
Boy, I kinda rambled on there. Sorry, my head is pounding but I didn't want you to think I forgot you. If I was unclear and you have more questions, fire away.

Have a great weekend all! I'll be working, so my posts will be late (what's new right?)

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote