Old 04-20-2007, 11:51 PM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat: 4/21-4/22

Oh heck, it's just about Midnight! Too much to drink tonight...see ya' tomorrow!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

lol at lbh...darn and i wanted to be the first one to post.
Morning all. Nice and early here. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm excited for my horse show today. Luckily its not like most horse shows where i have to get up at 5am. I don't ride until 12.30 so i have plenty of time since the show is just a few miles from my horses's barn. Should be fun today. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I'll check back laters
(:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:07 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Lauren hope you feel better this morning!

GG: Good luck with the horse show

Everyone have a great weekend..............
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning!
GG I wish you best of luck at the horse show!!!

Lauren did you stay up very late? get some rest this weekend!

I couldn't believe this I was in bed at 7:45 PM last nigh! I woke up at 6:00 Am thus. I got an awesome night sleep

I am very relief DH is home for the weekend! I don't have to be with DS all day long by myself!!! and that is a really good thing!!! specially since we have to take DS so the lab to get blood drawn to check Tegratol levels.

I will check in later.

Have a great weekend!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:37 AM   #5  

hello again!
Hey GG I just was just sitting here thinking about horses, I don't know why, I am very afraid of riding them but I love watching them, do you know about the Del Mar Fair grounds show, we have a horse show in Del Mar every summer! I have bot gone to the grounds to see the show in a few years, but I love it!
It is pretty famous, on opening day all the ladies get all dressed up and wear all kinds of gorgeous hats, it is great to watch!
Hanna
Old 04-21-2007, 05:51 PM   #6  

hey all...i'm back...i had an AWESOME day riding at the show. I was very pleased with myself. ...this is the first time i've gone to a show and actually relaxed enough to ride decent. I got 2 first places and one second. But i'm most happy about the fact that i was one of the highest scores in my training level division. Only one other person placed higher (she got a 61 and i got a 60.5) But she got that in the lowest training level test that i chose not to ride in. So i was very happy. The judge was a bit harsh on the scores...there were a few scores i thought should have been higher...but such is life. I think i did great and my horse did well. We definately had a few yuckie moments to each test but overall well. yea!!!!!! I'll try to post some pics this weekend when i get a moment.
Happy- yep i know of delmar...i think all horse ppl do. hope your weekend goes okay.
mom-sorry about your camera...maybe it will work?????
Old 04-21-2007, 08:27 PM   #7  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Nice to meet everyone thank you for your warm welcomes!!! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

Gatorgal: Congratulations on your placings and your high score!!

Shelia: Thank you for your support - I think Liam and I will keep in close contact with his previous carer - she was there for both of us during the separation and he does have such a close bond with her- as for the spiders - we do have a couple of deadly ones in Australia- and I back onto the bush - and have seen 1 redback while I have lived here(been here 7 years) and there are a few small spiders that live in my garden and make beautiful webs - they are harmless and I just leave them to catch other insects. I have the can of insect spray out for the mosquitoes LOL Liam is also allergic to mosquito bites.

IrishJoan - you have a Liam too - wow- yes he has blonde hair and blue eyes, although his hair is darkening - can you post pictures here? If I can work out how I will post his pic.

As for our weekend- it is nearly over - Sunday morning here now... I took Liam into the Opera House yesterday to see a children's play based on two story books we read together - the play was great aimed at 3-8 year olds, Liam loved it, and we will be reading those books a lot in the next few weeks - I was sooooo proud of my little guy - he is only 3 but got up on the stage - he is usually sooooo shy and clingy... after that we ventured to the Entertainment Quarter and saw a sand scuplture exhibit - we had such a great day - only drawback was that I wore new shoes and now have blisters on my heels and side of my big toe ...

I had plans for today - to take Liam out - but he wants to paint in his colouring books and I think we will just stay home and enjoy being home... catch up on some of the housework...

I hope you have a great one...
mumtoliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:47 PM   #8  

hey mum - sounds like you had a great day with your son. I visited sydney about 2 years ago. Went on a 2 week trip to several areas of australia. I Loved OZ, would love to return and do more. I had such a great time in your beautiful country. Can't wait to go back (unfortunately won't be anytime soon)
Old 04-21-2007, 09:49 PM   #9  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone!!

Whew, today was Alex's 4th BD party. He had SUCH a good time. He's supposed to be in bed right now, but he is standing by his bed playing with his new camera (We have a video monitor in his room. He hasn't quite figured out that we can see him). MIL gave him a Fisher Price digital camera and he is loving it.

Lauren: Thank you for bringing the boys. It really made his day to have friends here. He keeps talking about how much fun the party was. This is the part that sucks about not having family nearby. I hope we can get them together again soon. Maybe we can find a neat park halfway between us to play in this summer.

GG: Yay!! on the horseshow. The closest I've come to seeing a horse show is what they show on Animal Planet. They are pretty interesting. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

MOM: Whoa, I hope the camera works again. Take out the batteries and let it dry out completely before you put new ones in and try it out. I've heard of that working with other electronic devices (IPODS and cell phones).

Hanna: I am glad to hear that you have some help this weekend. Do something nice for YOU! You deserve it.

MUM: Sorry about the blisters. I hope they heal up quickly. Sore feet suck mightily! I was so happy when I finally found hiking boots that don't blister my feet. Sounds like you had a lot of fun at the Opera House. Yay Liam for getting up on stage!

I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend. I think I am going to crash! BD parties are exhausting.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies and gent (since you're probably lurking out there),

Well, I caught up on everyone's posts for the past couple of weeks. pphheeww.....what a busy bunch we are. And such adversity to overcome. My heart really goes out to you Hanna and Michelle And to all the mommies out there. It's a thankless job, but one I hope to have soon.

Let's see...I am applying for a manager position at my work. I hope I get it. More because I am tired of traveling around being a relief person. I want to get to know my patients and build relationships. There are a couple of other people applying and one of them will probably get it over me. Which would be no surprise since she has been the staff pharmacist at the store for a few years. I'm not sure if she really wants it. She is applying to keep another pharmacist out. He is a real jerk (another relief person) and is going around to all of the stores saying he has the job already. AND he is complaining left and right about working over 6 hour shifts!! AND I caught him in a bold face lie the other day. I can't stand the arrogant *******. But we are applying for the same position. Just say a little prayer. I hate interviews and writing why I would be a good manager. I always sound like a 3rd grader in my writing.

My uncle had major surgery the other day and had some heart problems stemming from breathing difficulties today. Pretty scary for a couple of hours. But he seems to be doing much better now.

We won't even go into how I have been eating. Seems DH and I eat much better apart. We seem to use food as entertainment. Not good. Must find better things to do when he finally moves here.

Sewer situation not any better. Homeowner finally pulled up the carpet in the living area of the basement. NOT in my bedroom or my office which also got wet with sewer water. But the carpet lays rolled up still inside the house and the pad is still there. AND I have been coughing non stop since this whole mess started. Could be a coincidence, but I don't know. Lots of bacteria and foul things in the sewer which is now my new home. At least it has lit a fire under DH's **$$%% to get that house listed in AZ since he was here for the disaster and sees how I now have to live until he gets it sold. ANyone ever deal with the "ugly houses" type of buyers. Our house isn't ugly or in disrepair, but we would like to sell it quickly to get me out of here. I do have one longshot option. My DH called the city health department and the health guy said for me to get out ASAP if the homeowner will not pull up these carpets. DH explained our situation and the inspector said he had a finished basement I could stay in with his family. Can you believe that??? A person I have never met, offers me a place to stay. This is why I moved back to the midwest. But that is a last resort.

GG- congrats on your horse show standing!! That is awesome! You must be ,and deserve to be, so proud. I can't wait to see the pics. And great that your boss listened to you and actually acted. I worked for a boss for 13 years that was a big pushover. I know the frustration.

Thanks, MJ for missing me. Sorry I couldn't post, but DH is very time consuming. He is very needy (he has many physical plus mental issues). Plus I don't want him over my shoulder on this board. This is my private space and my private time.

JOan - Congrats on the sale of the house. Keeping my fingers crossed on the inspections, etc. BTW - I don't know if you shop at Dierbergs, but if you do, STAY AWAY from the gooey butter cookies in the bakery. OMG they are the only thing I have ever tried a sample of and just had to buy on the spot. SO bad for me. I only allow myself one per day. Bad, Kerri, bad.

OK, sorry for the overly long post, but 2 weeks is a long time!

Welcome to all the new people. Can't wait to get to know you better.

Have a great Sunday!!

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Kerri ~ I can't belive you wrote about the gooey butter cookies!!! I had three or four days of eating good the week before (meaning: less sweets). I dropped the kids off at school and then headed to Dierbergs to pick up some groceries. They were giving out free samples... I ate the free sample (210 calories per cookie) *plus* bought a package. 12 cookies in a package and they were history by the next evening. Those things are deadly. They should have a huge sign saying, STAY AWAY!!! I can't buy them anymore as I'll do the same darn thing again. Do you ever shop at Trader Joe's? Man, I love that store. We're glad you're back with us and good luck with the house. People are really, really nice in the Midwest.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #12  

happy sunday morning all...god i feel great. DH is back from trip and this am we really slept in. I think i was tired from being at the show all day yesterday and he was tired from his trip didn't wake up until 9.15 or so but didn't get out of bed until 10...we caught up on missed sex LMAO. Anyways...so feeling great, weather is beautiful and got lots to do.
Fannie - glad to see you back and sorry about your housing situation..it must really suck!
joan- don't worry about the cookies...dh and i went out for dinner last night. We did great at first...had a salad (dressing on the side) and grilled chicken i split with dh...but then i broke down when i saw the strawberry shortcake...and oh god was it great! Hang in there

here's some pictures from the pony show. Since it was a schooling show...i didn't have to wear that silly hot riding jacket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5278.jpg (33.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5328.jpg (34.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5393.jpg (40.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 04-22-2007, 02:54 PM   #13  

good morning!
OMG! what a difference to have DH home on the weekend! it has been a huge relief!
We were talking yesterday about what to do and where to go and I remembered my Disney Pass expires today. So guess what we did, oh yes! we did go to Disneyland. My pass expires today, DH didn't have one, so we purchased a pass for him we bought the So. Cal pass. My neighbor called as we were getting ready to leave, she wanted some help with a ladder, she was purchasing at Lowes and she wanted me to meet her there to put it in my car since my car is very long (Yukkon XL) I invited her to spend the day with us at Disneyland instead, and she took the offer, we had a great time, didn't come home till 2:00 AM it was too late, but it was worth it! We went on the Space Mt. ride for the first time with DS, I never wanted to go with him alone, it was aw some, we actually got on it twice. DS loves roller coasters it's amazing! didn't do bad on the eating department but didn't to great either. I figured we walked it all off! LOL
Today husband is going to work for a couple of hours. I am staying home with Sean, I am pretty tired. Later we need to go out and get the invites for his BD party. I have to start getting ready, today he want a power rangers cake, I don't know if I can bake a cake and decorate as power rangers, but I think I can put on top a couple action figures or something like that, I like to bake my own cakes! The power rangers team my change a few times before the party LOL. What ever!!!

GG congratulations on the prizes! that is awesome! I love the pics. If you would like (and DH) to come to the Del Mar fair grounds you are welcome to stay with us! maybe on a weekend. I mean it!

Kerri I hate office/workplace politics, I hope you get the job!! will keep fingers crossed. I wish your uncle a speedy recovery. Good luck with the house situation!

Karen that's great u had a nice time a the BD Party! Iam getting ready for DS 7 yrs old party next Saturday! his birthday is on Tuesday

mumtoliam
you are a great mom! I use to take DS to all kids of things like you did, I miss that! enjoy your day together with Liam!

IrishJoan Hello! dear! don't bit yourself over the cookies, just don't do it too often LOL. I love Trader Joe's however, I try to not go there too often, I buy way too many things when I am there, specially cheese and bread. I love that place!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Joan - LMAO as I sit eating the 2nd to last cookie.

GG- Great pics!! And TMI! LOL Especially for newlyweds, must have been torture!

Hanna - what a great day! So glad you could have a good day with DS. You deserve it. I love amusement parks. Now that I'm back in StL I am dying to go to Six Flags. It opened this weekend. But I don't have anyone to go with since DH can't go on the rides due to medical condition and also he is a big fat chicken.

Mumtoliam - I am also highly allergic to mosquito bites (I get great big hives). Look for a product called afterbite. If you find it buy the regular NOT the kids version. It works great! But there is a downside. It burns like fire for a few seconds after you put it on. I don't know how old Liam is if you could get him to sit for it. It is the only thing I have ever found to actually take that itch away. And I usually only have to reapply once. BTW - the kids version is a completely different product not just a less potent adult version. But you could try it. It might work.

I officially put my application in for the mgmt positions. Next, the interviews. Ugh.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:32 PM   #15  

hello!
It has been a very lazy Sunday I needed it badly!
Karri I have year passes to all the parks in San Diego, we have a few. I love amusement parks, Disney is my favorite, I love to got there even if it is just to walk around. I love to watch people. And I also love the rides! I will keep my fingers crossed for your job app.

Have a great rest of the day! for must it is probably evening.
Talk to ya tomorrow!

Hanna