Old 04-18-2007, 06:04 AM   #1  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Default 30 something Wed April 18th

Hey everyone

I was so happy when I got on the scale this morning. I dropped the 5 pounds that I had went up. Yeah!

Today is going to be CRAZY.

My middle son Cody learned a lesson yesterday. In the hall way at school him and a bunch of boys were teasing this one young man. Well Cody said his foot just slipped and he kicked his crutch. The kid had twisted his ankle or something, anyway after work he got the chance to go apologize. What I didn't expect was he did apologize but he was also crying at the same time. My oldest was bullied all of the time he isn't any more he has alot of friends now but It was hard. I made sure and reminded Cody of just how it felt for families when a child was bullied I think he had forgotten. He remembered really quick, Not to mention when we went to this young mans home you could tell they were very unfortunate. Really humbled not only Cody but myself.

Take care

~sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:07 AM   #2  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Sheila:

Your events yesterday totally just brought tears to my eyes! That is definitely a lesson that he'll remember forever. I feel so sorry for that kid he picked on-especially when you mentioned that they were obviously struggling (the family). You did the right thing-Cody is going to grow up to be a fabulous young man that will tell that story throughout the years. Many others will shed tears and think about what a strong mother he had to exact such a change in action. Wow, this is very touching Sheila. The more I learn about you, the more I'm glad you've joined our group!!!!

Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:07 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Melinda,

Thankyou, all I can tell you is I know the look on that mothers face when I told her who we were and I was very persistant to have this young man and Cody talk to each other. I also can tell you honestly that none of the boys that bullied my oldest ever apologized. What I didn't expect was this young man to accept the apology gracefully as he did and the mother the look in her eyes, you know mother to mother it was as if there was a glimmer of hope and appreciation, it humbled me also. I deal with children from unfortunate families every day but I don't go to their homes they come to mine. I knew from Cody's reaction that it was not an accident and his earlier apology at school was not sincere. This time however it was. I circled the block twice so he could get the courage to go to the door and so I could swallow hard also and when the suburban stopped in front of this childs home cody's eyes started to tear up. Hopefully he will use this lesson the rest of his life.

I wasn't trying to depress anyone I just know how it feels to be on the other side of the fence is all.

Melinda I learn alot from everyone on this site it is awesome.

Thanks again

sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:22 AM   #4  
indianagirl33

S/C/G: 174/169/150

Height: 5'10

Default Morning

Morning Sheila and Melinda!

Sheila, you are such a good mom. I have a 13 year old daughter who has gone through similar situations. I wish there were more parents out there like you. So many just ignore situations like these because it's easier not to get involved. It's hard being just being a kid these days, but with good parents who teach right from wrong... they'll be just fine!

Today is a busy day for me. I took my 1/2 day off yesterday and spent some time with my daughter. We went out for ice cream, a movies and then she got her hair cut. It was nice "mom and daughter time." Trying to stay close to her through these hard years so she knows she has someone to talk to and that will listen. SO much going on during these middle school years.

Have a great Wednesday! Oh, failed to mention that I had buttered popcorn at the movies. (Shame....)

Stephanie
indianagirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:34 AM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning,

Another gray, yucky day here. I don't think it is supposed to rain anymore, thank goodness. I am ready for some sunshine. I need to get Alex some outside time! Girlie is really having a hard time with her teeth all of a sudden (and she is learning to stand-up without holding on!) and sleep was NOT good last night. I feel like I've been run over by a truck.

Sheila: Good for you for sticking up for the picked on child. I was one of those picked-on kids. No one ever apologized, sincere or not.

OK, gotta go face the mountains of laundry I have to do. Have a nice day everyone!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #6  
Kalamazoo Girl

Hey Stephanie!

Don't worry, I still like ya....despite the working for attorneys.... Sounds like you had a blast w/your daughter! Don't worry about the buttered popcorn -when you're doing family time, the calories don't really count!

I have more to write...but I have to go back through yesterday to see what I missed during the day.

Oh, forgot to mention too that I did my mini-tramp yesterday for about 1/2 hour while watching the news about VT....and woke up with a very very very very slight weight loss!

Melinda
Old 04-18-2007, 10:32 AM   #7  

good morning all...i just have a minute...

shiela: wonderful...you are awesome..that is all i can say...i admire you so!

melinda: great job with the trampoline..i dont use mine as much as a i used to i should get it back out

good morning to everyone else

well, yesterday my manager and the lead dr were to have a "talk" with my coworker...wellthe dr got called to the er so it didnt happen...he leaves today for vacation so it will be happening today probably around lunch...sooo yet another worried day...i hate knowing this..it would be easier if i didnt know it was happening, but cause of my position at the office i know more that others...so it can be hard sometimes....

my little guy is so uncomfortable...he has slept for 14 hours...he needed it...he hasnt been getting better so yesterday i took him to the dr and on top of his tonsils and adenoids area not healing well...he has thrush and he is wheezing and his throat is swollen...so two more meds for him..this is 4 dialy right now...but the good news is the one med is for 3 days and that is the one they said would make him feel much better within a couple days...i hope they are right...so if he is not better friday back to the dr we go...

well....i have to go and get ready for my day...have a wonderful one everyone..bye bye
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:49 AM   #8  
Tina

S/C/G: 223/220/145

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy hi

well, i haven't checked in for a while. sorry. i've just been eating everything in site. i get anxiety and just start baking....which leads to eating.... dang, i wish i had some self control. sorry to be such a downer, i'm ashamed to even post after having "caved" so badly.

hope you all have a good day....keep up the good work!!! i'm gonna try harder today!!!

Tina in Texas
tdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all.
wow sheila...your post teared me up and not because it was depressing. You sound like an awesome mom. tough enough but also loving. I think its great what you made your son do. That's AWESOME!
karen- send some rain our way please...btw did you ever read what i told you about your cat and its thyroid meds?
hey mj- hope you survived yesterday
christina - hope you son gets better
hang in there tdream
as for me..i have been bad the last 3 or so days for a multitude of reasons..one i swear i'm pms'ing...i hate using that excuse but i really do feel very moody right now. Second i'm so unbelievably pissed off at someone at work. I am frustrated with one of the receptionist who cant owe up to her mistakes..she just keeps making excuses, YET she is always the first to run to the office manager telling on others. and yesterday in our weekly meeting...she flat out lied to me. SO right now i'm fed up. She really is causing a lot of trouble but the office manager won't let her go. I actually get to go into work today (on my day off) to sit down and talk with her. I'm really done with her crap and gonna tell her, since i know the manager won't fire her. But at least the boss has finally had enough...so we'll see. So for now, i'm off to go to work...just what i want to do on my day off. SO sorry i've been a bit quite...just not my chipper self.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #10  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

In case anyone noticed i've been mia we had a close call last night jesica wakes me up at 2:30 am saying her panties are wet and her cotraction's were 5 mins apart we go to the hospital and after 9 hours of being watched the doc say's it was her mucus plug and she was only up to 2 1/2 so they sent her home cause her water hadnt broke so now we are just watching closly and her contrations had slowed down so we jumped the gun
i'll keep you posted
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Oooohhh, how exciting Michelle!! Get her walkin'!!

GG, PMS is not "just an excuse". It's real, and it does bad things to good people! I suffer horrible PMS, emotions are out of control and so are munchies. The wellbutrin seems to help a little for both though.

Tina, I just flashed to the episode of Izzy baking dozens of muffins on Grey's Anatomy! Hang in there babe!

Christina, poor little guy, hope he's feeling better soon!

Mel, congrats on the teeny, tiny loss!!

Sheila, you are such an awesome mom! It's very clear that you love your kids and have done an awesome job of raising them! I was picked on horribly all through school. My mom even tried to talk to the mom of the one boy that was relentless and all she could say was "My son would never do that!" Ugh, denial...it was horrible. I got teary just reading your post.

I'm on track...having salad and tuscan bean soup for lunch. Took 3 hours to get home last night with all the detours. And it took an hour to get to daycare this AM! Grrr...darn floods!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning all!
well yesterday was an OK day, the massage was not great, good thing I only gave her $40. (tip) I felt bad for the gal.
I came to pick DS from school and it was a horrendus day. We came home and I didn't want punish him by not letting him go out to play with the neighbors I felt the ponishment would've been for me. So while he was outside playing I planted my roses! did I I tell you guys they came in!!! I love them. I got 10 bushes!!! My yard is going to be gousgouse when the bloom!!!
Little yorkie is still coughing he has been taking antibiotics for the second time he has been on this for 7 days
Today DS is home, he got sick right before he was going to get on the bus it has not been a good day with him. lots of temper tantrums meds are not working we are going crazy!!! the advocate called this AM and said we are not going to be able to keep him out of day treatment, he is looking for a place where they can take him, where they may have room. This is very scary, I don't know where all this is leading to and I am not confortable.
Sheila it sounds to me you are rising a fine man, thank you for sharing! Your kids are going to be just fab. grown man with good values, we need a lot of moms like you out there!!!

Melidna great job getting on the tramp!!!
Michelle good luck to Jessica, I wish her an easy labor
GG Sorry you had to go to wrk on your day off, sounds like there is a receptionst too many at your clinic??? sorry~
Christina I hope your little one feels better real soon!
Tina hello! I'm sure you will get right on track soon too!
Karen I rember the baby days enjoy them!!!
Stephanie that is great you got to spend time with your daugher!!!

got to go DS is throwing a tantrum and is messing with DH puter
wish me luck today!
I feel like I am going to go crazy!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:33 PM   #13  

well so i'm feeling way less stressed...we all sat down and had a meeting with those involved in the "issues" that were going on...and me and 3 others said the same thing happend...then the receptionist told us "that it wasn't how it happened etc" so the office manager essentially asked asked the receptionist "was she calling us liars". I was willing to work it out...but i told the receptionist that i wish she would just owe up and accept her mistakes and stop making so many excuses. She accused me of "having it out for her" (which i don't) and then said there was no point and walked off and didn't want to end the conversation. So essentially she walked out on the job. So...its all over. I really would have worked it out...but honestly...glad she's gone. She brought so much drama to the work place. So i feel much better...maybe that will help my eating habits.
btw happy...did your yorkie get x-rays...and how old is it? hope it stops coughing.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:33 PM   #14  

btw - goddess...good luck with the baby..hopefully it will come soon
Old 04-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #15  
Kalamazoo Girl

GG: Yo Yo YO babycakes....big mama here got chooo beat! I just consumed like 7 pieces of pizza! Yeah...leftover pizza @ that! What kind of a sick, perverted, deranged hippo goes scroungin' through leftovers from a meeting? I'll tell ya who: ME! Granted, they were party cut, so it was really like 3 normal size pieces...but STILL! Geez! So I hear ya on the PMSing. I've been a total B to people today (except my fun little sworn panel of jurors that I had gotten quite attached to-one was here on her birthday!). I really hate to hear about that receptionist walking out on her job. I mean, cool for you 'cause it sounds like the little chippie had quite the chip on her shoulder! But it is always awful to lose your job-especially when she just up and flew the coop! Duh, at least stick around and ask if you can submit a Letter of Resignation or something! I have to tell ya, though-it PMOff to have people flat out lie about crap @ work-especially when they claim improvement ideas of their own. If you made a mistake-just admit it, how is that gonna kill ya? I mean, we're all human-it's bound to happen. I sure hope the atmosphere improves there for you after all this trouble!

Tina: Hey Baby! Thanks for checking in!

Michelle: GEEZ! What a night for you, little muffin! Hope ya get some sleep tonight!

Lauren: Is it really still that bad out there? That's just nutsola! I would just completely go bonkers with having to drive all over the continent just to get somewhere up the street! Oh, pretend you didn't hear the pizza talk earlier...since you were sooooo good today!

Karen K: Ditto on the gray weather....we've got it too! Blech! Weren't you getting your thyroid checked? Did I miss the results or am I on too much caffeine and am thinking of someone else????

Michelle B: Hi muffin! It seems like forever since I've touched base with you!

Roo: SNAP OUTTA THAT FUNK AND GIVE US SOME SPUNK BABY!!!

Kerri: Where are you little pumpkin?

Christina: Hey Sunshine!!! Sorry to hear about your little guy bein' so icky feelin'! I'm keepin' my fingers crossed that he feels A-OK very soon!!!

Hanna, Lisa, RR, Joan, ALL NEWBIES, and EVERYONE ELSE that my senile brain has forgotten!!!!

Have a great night!!!! Melinda