Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 07:19 AM   #1  
Pink Thingy

Default ****week of 11th November****

Morning laydeez and a special welcome back to Happyface and a special welcome to our newest member RR's bump - hope you're both fine.

I have a confession to make. I have sooooo gone off program, I am still journalling everything I am eating, but I am not truly watching my points. I really seem to have lost focus at the moment and I can't seem to get it back. The cardio bounce is going well, but the drinking of the water has really gone to pot. I found it much easier to drink in the summer (coz I really hate water) and now I can see no reason why I should drink it in the winter. To top it all, my leader emailed me yesterday to tell me that she has quit WW for family reasons. I know the onus is on me to get going, but she was a fantastic leader. If you missed more than a couple of weeks, she would email you or post you some encouragement. WW have lost a great asset in her and I am sad to see her go. I also have an ongoing issue, which is not helping me either. Sorry to start off the new week with a vent, but I feel a bit of a fraud starting the thread each week, when I am not really following the program. Anyway, hopefully I haven't put everyone on a downer for the week, but just felt I had to be honest.

Have a great week everyone
Old 11-11-2001, 08:11 AM   #2  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started BFB. You do not need to be on program to start the thread. We are here for support. If we were all doing well all the time we wouldn't even need to be here. So, vent away! I hate water too. I just don't like drinking it. I have been terrible with the water. I know it has SO many physical benefits aside from weight loss but I have to force myself to drink it. Usually after I've been drinking it for awhile I get used to it and even ... want it (ha!) but for now I am with you. I don't like it and dont' want to have to drink it. Sorry about your leader. The leader makes such a big difference in the whole ww experience. She sounds really exceptional. Good luck.

Happy Sunday everyone!
dani
Old 11-11-2001, 09:00 AM   #3  

Morning all.

My we are early birds this morning! I'm going to a football game and tail gate party - that is what set me off 2 weeks ago and I've just now got back on track. CANNOT do that to myself again. Must handle it better today.

BFB - so sorry you have lost such a great leader - they can really help a lot. There's no reason for you to feel like a fraud, we all do the same things and like happy said, that's why we're here.

I don't know if this will help any with the water issue, but here is what I do incase it does - I fill up a 64 oz jug of water every morning. I take my vitamins with a whole glass. I drink water with every meal - this has been very important - even while dining out. I usually have 1 diet coke during the day (sometimes 2) but I drink that water the rest of the time. I split up when I take vitamins because I heard you should not take calcium when you take your regular vitamins, so at lunch & again at dinner I take calcium and vit. D. I think it helps me to get my water in splitting that up too.

If anyone is interested, I set up an online photo album from my 40th birthday party at www.clubphoto.com and my email address you use to find the album is [email protected]

have a great Sunday all and "focus" is my word for the day.

RABBIT
Old 11-11-2001, 09:46 AM   #4  
A princess in the making!

Rabbit: You must be going to a "PACKER" party!!

I know you live in Bear country. And here I am in Packer Country. The whole city is buzzing with game day excitment. I am not much of a football fan anymore. Basketball is more my game or baseball. But I sure know what to day is. Sad that I don't even know what time the game comes on. But I know little B will be watching with his heart and soul.

Okay now that I am back on WW. Let me do things the right way. I had another one of those eat everything in site days. I know it is all emotional eating. Since the ex is playing games with me. Calling here, showing up at work etc. I have to get him out of my head and life. I was doing great and then 6 months later he pops in. But I SHALL OVERCOME THIS TOO!!!!

Vicki: Go for the pictures. I have one at 9 months and that is it. All though I was happy when I was pregnant, I did not have much support from anyone. So enjoy every momoent. I want to have another baby, but does not look like that will ever happen. I have come to terms with it but I so do enjoy everyone else's time. I just love them all.

Can you PM your address or send to my email?

Thanks a bunch.

P
Old 11-11-2001, 11:13 AM   #5  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 7weeks and 4 days!!!!

Goood Morning!!!!
I am being lazy again!!!We have been rearranging and throwing away things in the house and have been busy this weekend!!!I did a girlscout function which was ok except SD#1 wasnt talking to me cuz "I am pregnant:. She went ballistic when we told her, she screamed, yelled and was soo ugly....I didnt let it upset me cuz I dont wont to worry "Andrew" about anything.Today is better soo I will have to show love and more love I guess....

Still doing 5 miles daily, but too scared to go over 4 mph...Plus the boobies are miserable if I even attempt to run...I think I am gonna do those pics!!!

Dani--Soo great to see U back!!!!Glad life is going good and U R getting back on track!!!!

Lauren-Hope things get straight at work!!!I think I will have a dacquirie after July 4th next year!!!!!

I havent gained anything and can still wear the same size pants..I do notice a roundness in my stomach when I zipped up the jeans!!!!

Rabbit-Great pics!!!U looked soo happy!!!
Have a great Sunday!!!!!
RR
Old 11-11-2001, 01:19 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Having a pretty lazy day around here. Do have to go food shopping later though.

RR- I was wondering how SD1 took it...figured it wouldn't be good, but she'll get used to it, just like she will/has the wedding!

Pryia- Good for you getting back to WW and OP! I'm pretty happy where I am right now (Believe it or not!), so I'll pass on Parsippany for now. Thanks for thinking of me though! Possibly in the future, if things get worse, I'll ask you about it again!

Rabbit- Great pics!! Is Blake your DS? He looks like you! You look fabulous!! I have not seen a pic of you since I think the one of you and Kymber!! I was in WalMart last week and they have the Christmas music going in the Christmas decoration department, kind of got me in the mood too! We're not sure what we're doing about a tree this year. I have a small fake one at Mom's house, but Jim doesn't like it. Told him maybe we can just get a small real one this year, and see where we are next year.

BFB- Sorry to hear you're still having issues...hope things get better soon! Vent away...that's what we're here for! It doesn't have to be weight loss related!

Dani- Are you still in the same town you were in? I guess I consider that south jersey because my aunt is in Marlboro, and I consider that central! I guess I would consider Karen central jersey too. I guess being down & west, I just think that way! Heck, I was trying to convice DH to move to Delaware!!

Anyway, better get showered (yes, it's 1:30 and I'm not showered yet!) and get something's accomplished around here!

Have a great day all!
Old 11-11-2001, 06:10 PM   #7  

HI!

Checking in to say - woohoo I did it! I made it through the tailgate party and the football game fine!

Pryia - Actually I'm in the more central to southern part of the state - it was a RAMS game. Had a great time.

RR - I figured sd#1 would be upset about this and I'm so glad you didn't let it upset you. Just be happy! Being pregnant is such a fun time. Thanks for the picture comments - I was happy and had a great time.

Lauren - Thanks!! The picture of me and Kymber should be quite a bit different than these! And yes, Blake is my ds. I always like hearing he looks like me.

Better run -

RABBIT

Last edited by Rabbit; 11-11-2001 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-11-2001, 06:58 PM   #8  
IALAC

Hi all!

LBH, in my old town I lived right at the western nook... the very point, where NJ bends inward on the Pa side. That is right smack in the middle of the state. Now I am about 20 minutes north of that. I live between Trenton and Princeton. If you divide the state in half (north and south) we would have been like on the line. But if you think of it as north, central and south, then we are definitely in central. Marlboro is east and we are west. Depending on where you live, South Jersey starts in various places. I don't care what anyone calls it. North. South. Central. Same place.

Rabbit, I looked at the pictures and you do look great! I also remember the one with you and Kymber. Thank you for sharing them!

RR, sorry to hear SD was so miserable. You have a great attitude about it though. You just enjoy this wonderous time.

Pryia, sorry about the ex problems. That is not good.

Gotta run for now. Talk to you all soon.

dani
Old 11-11-2001, 10:02 PM   #9  
Getting back on track!

Hi Strangers!

Just checking in to say hello.

Vikki-Congrats! I am so happy for you. I am sure the SD will come around.

Rabbit-You look fantastic! Happy Birthday late!

BFB-I know it's hard to loose a great leader. Even though I havent been in forever I couldn't imagine my class without my current leader. Hang in there. Maybe you will get someone just as good.

Pryia-Hey girl. Hang in there. One day a guy deserving enough of you will come along. You deserve the best and don't settle for less. I decided to forget men when I moved from SC to GA and just concentrate on me etc and of course I met the love of my life a month later

Lauren-How is married life? Hope you are doing well.

I am still fighting the migraines of course and then I was in an auto accident on 10/28. We were rear ended so I am dealing with that and going to physical therapy. I had all intentions on rejoining WW this past Saturday but it took 3 hours to just get out of bed and move around a little. Me and the hubby both suffered a bad case of whiplash and back strain.

I just wanted to check in and say hello. Miss you guys!

Setina-
Old 11-12-2001, 09:04 AM   #10  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Default Good Morning

Hi Everyone!

Wow! I don't look at this website over the weekend and IT WAS SO BUSY!! It was great reading everyone's posts - and welcome back to the "new" faces.

I had a pretty good weekend - I did splurge on brunch on Saturday - bacon and eggs and toast! It was a big deal for me and it was great. You have to do stuff like that once in a while. And my weight as of this morning seemed pretty good but I'll check in with my "official weight" tomorrow and see if I've met my Thanksgiving Day Goal.

BFB - love to hear from you and don't worry about posting and not "following the program". Don't let that keep you away since we all do that at times. I spent many months just hanging out and sort of following the program and maybe losing 5 pounds over a few months and then it just kicked in. And it will for you too, you never know what might trigger it. I should check out those bras too and see if they sell them here. I could really use it. Sorry about your WW leader maybe the next one will be great too??

Rabbit - good for you with the tailgate party - that can be so hard. Congrats with the water too, that's the one area where I could use some work. And as for the tootsie pops - wish I knew where to send mine because I hate the chocolate ones - love the cherry. I still have 2 chocolate tootsie pops in my desk from who knows how long ago!! But if you have some local bulk food places, check there. I have on occassion found the tootsie pops in the bulk bins and then you can pick out whatever flavour you want.

Pryia - good for you for rejoining and realizing what the problem is. Don't let you know who cause you more pain - he's probably done enough! Emotional eating is the worst, but you can do it!!

RR - sorry about SD#1 but I'm sure she'll come around and keep up the good attitude. I hope to be pregnant one day and I'm going to try to enjoy every moment of it (try to anyways) since it is a miracle and, like you, I don't know how many chances I'll get.

Hi to everyone else, have to get some work done.

Elisa
Old 11-12-2001, 01:04 PM   #11  

HI EVERYONE.

I'm doing good this week - woohoo! I have to make a bunch of fudge for Thanksgiving and have to figure out how to handle that one.

Happy - Thanks!

Water - Hello! And thanks!! Sorry to hear about your accident - hope you & dh are okay.

Elisa - Those tootsie pops would probably be cheaper buying them bulk too - you sure don't get a lot in a bag.

have a good day all.

RABBIT
Old 11-12-2001, 02:36 PM   #12  
LBH

Hi All,

I'm having a pretty busy day, with orientation happening it's always busy! I've been hearing various conversations around the office today about this plane crash that happened this AM. People are worried, but last I checked, it appears to be an accident. I know my old boss is up here for the day and she is driving home to NC because the airport's still closed! That's probably a 10 hr. drive or so.

Not doing to well on the eating front this week. I am logging everything, but I can't seem to stay out of the sweets. I bought some icecream at the supermarkey last night and had a big bowl...then instructed DH that he will have to make the scoops for me until it's gone...1 scoop per serving (in a nice small bowl to fake me out!!)

I am going to the gym tonight after work though, and I'm also going to reschedule my walk-through for Wednesday night. On a positive note, I'm doing better with the water than I was...for some reason, when it gets colder out, I don't drink as much. I like water, but I just don't want cold drinks as much.

Anyway, gotta run! Have a great afternoon!
Old 11-12-2001, 10:32 PM   #13  
Getting back on track!

HI

Elisa-Hope you make you Turkey Day goal. Good Luck!

Rabbit-Thanks! We are hanging in there. The DH bounced back better than me. I go to physical therapy tomorrow. I am so looking forward to that heat pack.

Lauren-Good for you on the gym. I am trying to get it back in gear. Right now I am just doing stretches etc in PT but I just got the Leslie Sansome walking tapes and I want to start doing those.

Hope you all have a great evening!

Setina
Old 11-12-2001, 10:38 PM   #14  
IALAC

Hi there everyone,
Just got back from grocery shopping (it is 10:30pm! Yikes!). The good news is, I bought some fruits and ... what are those other things?... OH! yes, vegetables! That's what they're called. I went grocery shopping directly after my kickboxing class. So I was motivated to buy healthy. I did get ice cream but it is healthy choice lowfat, so it is better than what I usually get. Ice cream is the big thing for me. I love it. I felt really good in my class tonight. I kept up better than usual and I didn't feel ... on the verge of collapse! It just felt good. So that is an improvement. I am eating "fair" but I am not stuffing myself silly. I was eating so MUCH before that I constantly had that "Thanksgiving evening" feeling everyday. That is a big step. It made me feel lighter and it made me feel more comfortable within myself. I have to get a scale or borrow one to know where I am. I really do not know. The truth is probably worse than what I imagine it is.

Rabbit, glad to hear you are doing well this week. You can handle fudge! Don't let the fudge win! You are stronger than fudge!

Hi Elisa, and thanks for the welcome back. It sounds like you are doing well if you might have already met your Thanksgiving goal. I look forward to reading your posts.

Setina!! Great to hear from you! I am sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you are doing well.

Lauren, sounds like you are pretty busy. Hope things settle down soon. I am especially busy this week too. We have parent conferences (all at night) and parents visitng this week and things like that. Good for you about the water. I am bad all 4 seasons. I am only good while and after I am exercising.

Well, goodnight all! Have a great day, tomorrow! You can do it!

dani
Old 11-13-2001, 09:15 AM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, this day started off bad...got a speeding ticket on my way to work. Supposedly going 44 in a 30. It was one of those stupid, come around the turn there's no traffic, punch it kind of things...ya' know?! I've been soo good for soo long. My license was clean, now I have 2 pts. again, and the crazy NJ insurance premium is gonna go up...DH will not be a happy camper.

I did drag myself to the gym last night. It really helped that I pass it on my way home. If I didn't, I think I probably would've blown it off.

Gotta run...
Closed Thread