Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2001, 01:18 PM   #16  

HI ALL!

Made it through another day ok!

Lauren - yeah for stopping at the gym! Good luck on your walk-through. Bummer about the ticket!

Watermelon - hope your physical therapy goes well.

happy - Congrats on all of the steps you're taking! I've decided to wait until the day before the kids get here to make the fudge - I don't want it around to tempt me.

have a good one.

RABBIT
Old 11-13-2001, 04:18 PM   #17  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!
Zero energy lately...Not feeling too good today with the nausea and dizziness..It is weird how the old blood sugar will drop cuz someone else is hungry before U!!!!I think I will have to add more for breakast than a cereal bar!!!!

Lauren--Yeah for hitting the gym!!!I will get back into it on Friday!!!
Well, off to nap again!!
RR
Old 11-14-2001, 10:20 AM   #18  

HELLO WHOEVER IS OUT THERE . . .

Me again. Had a good day yesterday too. Made minestrone for dinner last night - delicous - and my notes said only 1 pt/cup. I have been getting lots of cleaning done before the kids get here. I love Thanksgiving!

RR - yes, you must eat well!! Hopefully you'll feel better after the first few months, they're usually the toughest.

RABBIT
Old 11-14-2001, 12:02 PM   #19  
Pink Thingy

nothing to say really, just found this picture and thought it might make you smile....
Old 11-14-2001, 05:50 PM   #20  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

BFB, you do find the cutest pictures.

Rabbit, congrats on another good day. I love when people are excited about Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to it too, even though all the family lives close by. I'm not cooking. We are going to my mother in law's. We take turns with my family and dh's. Last year we had Thanksgiving in West Virginia and we got to ski all weekend and it was great. My parents have a place there. 3 years ago, we went to Miami for Thanksgiving becaues dh's family all went down there to his aunt's. So we had dinner poolside in 80 degree weather. (such variety!) Anyway, I have gone astray... have a great time!

RR, I remember with my pregnancy I was so surpised at how plain old tired I was in the beginning.. I remember thinking that the baby was so tiny how could I be THIS tired! But your body is doing something amazing and I guess we cannot underestimate the effort that is involved. Take care of yourself. Rest whenever you can and eat well... more breakfast sounds good. Hopefully the discomfort will pass by the time you start the next trimester. Savor all of this special time!

LBH, sorry about your ticket. I am glad you got to the gym! Good for you!

Well, I am very tired today. I had parent teacher conferences last night and I am just plain wiped out! The day is long and I guess I am not used to keeping up that level of energy for that long. Tomorrow we have another round. So I plan to rest tonight. I may not go to kickboxing because I really think I need the sleep. It feels like it is 3 a.m. and I am fighting to make myself stay awake.

Have a good midweek, everyone!

dani
Old 11-15-2001, 09:18 AM   #21  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Went to the gym last night for my walk through. Was pretty disappointed because they got the messages mixed up and told her I cancelled...last week's message...instead of that 6:30 was good for me. She booked someone else at 6:30, so she rushed through with me...took about 15 minutes!! Thankfully I knew how to work most of the machines, and she did say if I needed further help, let her know and she'll help me. She also told me I need to do aerobics to lose (duh!), but I can't make it there in time for her classes...some of us work for a living!! Guess I'll stick to the treadmill, which I have zero patience for. I lasted .30 miles on it last night. I cannot just stand there in one place walking on the treadmill, TV or no TV, it's just plain boring!!

UGH...I'm busy, and venting, better go!!
Old 11-15-2001, 10:17 AM   #22  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Default Question for you.....

Hi Everyone!

I don't know if anyone can really answer this question or not but I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on calculating points. There's this restaurant I love that I go to on a semi-regular basis for their greek salad. It's soooo good. And I never know if it's really bad for points are not and I have no idea how to guess. The lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers etc. have zero points but there's a little egg and feta that I could guess for and then there's the dressing. It's basically a vinagrette and they put the dressing in a separate container for takeout so I guess I could measure it and see how much is there?? I have no idea whether this salad is "cheating" or not so I'm not sure if I should be really careful during the day just in case - any advice - it's my dinner tonight!

LBH - nice to hear from you but it sounds like you've had a bad couple of days. It sucks when you finally push yourself to go to the gym and then something like that happens. I also find the treadmill really boring which is why I do go to classes - it's hard to quit halfway through when there's a room full of people looking at you. But if they're not convenient you'll have to find something else. The problem is (and I know this from experience) if you don't enjoy you won't keep doing it - I love my classes and I still have to drag my butt there - like today! Good Luck!

Dani - sounds like your Thanksgiving's are so much fun. I find any huge family gathering is a lot of fun and stressful at the same time because one person usually ends up doing most of the work but maybe skiing or a pool helps ease the tension!

BFB - love your pictures but what's going on with you??

Rabbit - sounds like you're doing well staying OP right now - Keep up the good work!

RR - hope you're feeling okay and I think the tiredness does go away eventually but what do I know!

Hi to everyone else - have a great day.

Elisa
Old 11-15-2001, 12:53 PM   #23  

HELLO!

Tonight is weigh in and I should have a loss but for the moment my scales are not showing one! Hopefully it will be different there! I have 13 points left and 16 activity earned. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

BFB - Cute!

happy - cool that you go to such a variety of places for Thanksgiving! We always go to dh's in Indiana. And to my family's for Christmas! Woohoo! We tried switching back & forth like you do, but his family doesn't really do anything for Christmas Day - I call that year "the Christmas with no food".

Elisa - sorry I have no idea of dressing points. Could you ask them for the nutritional information??

have a great Thursday!

RABBIT
Old 11-15-2001, 06:09 PM   #24  

Hi! Just realized once again that I haven't looked at the thread all week!!!
No time to visit, just a quick hello!!! - jul
Old 11-15-2001, 07:22 PM   #25  
Pink Thingy

Unhappy

Hi all

Just a quick stop by again. I am doing really [email protected] at the moment. Have no motivation and need to kick start myself (I know you've heard it all before) just can't seem to find the starter pedal.

Hope you are all well and a special hi to the bump
Old 11-16-2001, 10:13 AM   #26  

HI ALL.

I lost 1.2 pounds last night. Finally going down again (last week was a maintain & the week before was a gain). This will surely be a tough week for all! Good luck!

BFB - sorry you are having such a tough time at the moment. I go through those all of the time & sure wish I had the answers.

Today I pick up ds from school - and ss also arrives. So I've got some cooking to do! Later!

RABBIT
Old 11-16-2001, 11:01 AM   #27  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Rabbit- Congrats on the BIG loss!! You definitely deserved it!! Have fun with DS and SS!!

Hi Jul!!

Elisa- I don't have my WW stuff on me today, but I would say the salad probably isn't that high in points. If you just dip the dressing you probably wouldn't use more than a tablespoon or two, and I think regular dressing is 4 pts. per 2 T., isn't it? I mean, you could plan for it, like have a light lunch if you're gonna have it for dinner, or vice versa. Even if there's a whole egg in it, that's 2 pts., I don't eat feta, so I don't know, but it's probably not more than 3 pts. worth, 2 T. of reg. dressing, 4 pts., so worst case it could be 9 pts.?? That's not bad at all. Thanks for the encouragement, I am going to try a class, when I can get there in time. I'm also going to force myself to go at least 3 times a week, even if I dont' do much, at least if I get there...

Hi Dani!!

We're having Thanksgiving at DH's brother's house this year. We alternate between my side and his for T-Day. For Christmas, his family does Christmas Eve, and mine does Christmas Day, so it always works out! I'll be bringing broccoli casserole and pumpkin pie.

Have a great day all!! (Man, I can't believe it's after 11:00 already!!)
Old 11-16-2001, 01:27 PM   #28  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Lauren - thanks for your advice and I did basically count it like you said. When it comes to things like that I prefer to over count rather than under count so I'm not fooling myself. I share the large salad with my friend but it's quite big so I figured 4 for the dressing, 2 for the cheese and 2 for the egg so that's 8 and if it's one or two more that's still a pretty good guess. You can't imagine how yummy this salad is!

Rabbit - yay for you!! it's nice to know the scale can actually move when you do things right - keep up the good work!! Have fun with your kids!

BFB - you'll figure it out one day - don't beat yourself up. If you're not "staying OP" then it's because you're not ready but you will be one day and then it will be so easy - I swear!

I'm trying to have only 6 or 7 points today (before dinner) because I'm going to my MIL's for dinner and she's making a turkey (not it's not TD here either) and her stuffing. And it's the stuffing that I love soooo much. The turkey probably isn't too bad for points but I know the stuffing is. So I had an apple and some soup today and we'll see if that holds me over to dinner....

Have a great weekend everyone!

Elisa
Old 11-16-2001, 04:25 PM   #29  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Happy Friday all!~~
I met DH at his club and had more fun than working out alone!!!He laughed cuz I was searching for non breast squashing machines...Man, these things are sore!!!!

Lauren--I love the treadmill..With earphones on and music blaring that is my time alone from everyone...I shut everyone off and relish the quietness~~~~

BFB-The Hump is there!!!!It is weird to have a hard rounded belly...still in the same pants but 1.5 lbs heavier...I think I am gonna meet that 4 lbs gained the first trimester!!!I did notice my waist is thicker!!Too weird!!!!

Happy wonderful weekend to all!!!
I volunteered for some OT--soo I am off to rest!!!
Vicki
Old 11-16-2001, 04:41 PM   #30  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Hi everyone!

LBH, too bad you got rushed through your walkthrough. I would have been disappointed too.

Elisa & Rabbit, my Thanksgivings have only been like that twice. All the 32 other ones have been perfectly ordinary. Both our parents live relatively close and we do the normal local dinner thing, which is what we are doing this year as well.

Hi Jul!

Rabbit, congratulations on the loss! Yay! I know you are happy that ds is coming home!

RR, have you been to the doctor yet? I remember my friend saying they didn't even want to see her till like the 8th or 10th week, but I went right away. It's amazing what a tiny little thing like that can do to the rest of your body.

Have a good day all! The weekend is here!!!

dani
Closed Thread