Old 04-01-2007, 08:19 AM   #16  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

So, yesterday was another TOTALLY uneventful day. Of course, that is exactly what I needed - some serious downtime. I didn't even go for a walk - outside or on the dreadmill - which probably wasn't a good thing. *shrugs* Oh well.

Didn't eat all that bad, didn't eat all that good. Got some bad stuff (CHIPPIES! *drool* I love my Salt & Vinegar Ruffles.) as a treat when getting groceries. I just have to make sure that they last more than ONE DAY... *sighs* Moderation, Lawrence, Moderation. I didn't get any ice cream even though I REALLY wanted the Hagen Daz that was on sale. So, my willpower is still in tact, though I think it was more of a compromise after the chips.

So, what _did_ I do yesterday? I spent MOST of the day mucking around on Facebook. Kinda a 'more professional' Myspace for those people who don't know. Yep - another Social Network website. Actually, I was on there wondering how many of you guys were actually setup on there and whether we should setup a "3FC 30-Something's" group if there was enough of us. If not, forget I even said anything.

Anyway....enough of that.

GG - Easy to be a steady poster when I'm not stressed and don't have to BE anywhere. Too bad you had to work, but at least you got to spend some time for yourself last night.

So, as I'm here sipping on a small glass of JOLT, I'm wondering why you're avoiding the Coke? Are you just not a drinker of the sugar free variates? Personally, while I don't mind Diet Coke (especially with Lime OR the new Cherry Vanilla), I think that Coke Zero has ALL the taste of Coke Classic without the sugar. No real reason, just curious.

And funny you should be talking about eating McDonald's and regretting it. I do that ALL the time. To coin a phrase from the 80's, I _do_ suffer a MacAttack from time to time, and I go overboard on the McDonald's. Then I immediately regret it and tell myself that I WON'T ever do that again. Of course, my memory (selectively) sucks...so after a few months, I do it again. Creature of habit, never learns.

Tam - Well, if you're in buffalo/cattle country, you've got access to the best beef. Mmmm.....steak. However, I have NOT successfully found myself a place to get the fresh maple syrup. You'd think that they'd advertise it better. (Well, they probably do and I'm just not looking at the right spot.)

Christine - Congrats on having a good day on Friday. I'm sure you'll have many, many more.

Veronica - Nice to meet you too! "Do you have a lot of model trains?" I don't consider myself having a lot, especially in comparison to some of the members of the local club, but I'm sure that my wife might disagree. I'm just starting to get into things so I'm amassing my empire at this point. "I bought him a model railroading magazine a year ago and he just stares at it every night before bed." At least it's a model railroading magazine he's staring at. Seriously, though, I like to spend a serious amount of time looking through my MR magazines as well. *giggles* I read it for the articles.

As for hair dying, my stylist told me that colour was addictive. You know, he might just be right. I'm not ready for a "huge change" but someday I'd like to make my hair slightly browner. Ideally, I'd go to a dark brown or black but my complexion would just be all wrong. Can you say, 'deathly pale'?

Sheila - Life/Work was busy, but now I'm on vacation. *cheers* It's only been 1 day of loafing around and I already feel a thousand times better than I did when I had to think about going back to work. And thanks for the complement on my posts - I'm happy to share my motivation when I have it. In my silence, I get through the days by relying on your strength. I guess that's what it means to be a part of a community, huh?

Lauren - Hey there chickie. Yeah, I'll probably post a picture of the new hair when I get one. I detest my picture, so I'll avoid getting it done....of course, with my parents coming down (my father who loves to take snapshots) there's likely going to be a couple taken.

Laura - I'll echo what GG says, if you ever encounter an error when posting, hit the back button and whisper a prayer to some unnamed deity living in the Internet. MOST of the time, I find that you'll be able to nab it. Of course, there'll always be times when it's gone and you'll shake your fist angrily at the screen. I've resorted to writing things in Notepad and then copy/pasting them into the posting screen, doing some formatting, and then submitting so I don't loose anything.

Don't stress about posting every day -- some do and are amazing that they do that. Some, like me, will go off in a huff for weeks at a time. And I'm sure that there are plenty of shy people out there who just lurk and read our banter all the time. ( to all the people in the shadows)

Kerri - Uh, aren't there labour codes in Missouri which prohibit long shifts without a meal break? I know that up here in the Great White North, there are laws which guarantee a minimum (30 minute, unpaid I think) break for every 8 hours worked. However, I'm not a lawyer so don't quote me on that. Might be something you should look into and/or discuss with your supervisor. *shrugs* It's just not healthy to go that long without some time to eat.

"it's amazing how much better you can feel if you look good." You're so right. In fact, that's the real reason for me wanting to lose weight - to feel that I look good, so I feel better about myself. The (physical) health problems at this point aren't as important to me right now. SO...if your hubby is coming to visit AND he likes you to feel good/look good....then I hope you put a little effort into looking a little glam for him.

That's it for me. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Stay Strong, Stay Focused, and Stay On Program!

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:07 AM   #17  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!Ok...Rooster U R on for the morning!!!! I have been soo stressed with work, kids, decisions, etc etc that I dont have time to think anymore...BUt------when that alarm rings at 3:30am--I am running to start the new thread!!!!! (p.s. APRIL FOOL!!!!or maybe not?????

Lauren--Check out K's birthday cake!!http://www.imaginationmovers.com/website/photos.php
My brother made it...such a Mover fan(not my brother--K ) ..They are singing the new Disney theme song soon and their new videos air April 9--be on the lookout!!!

Ok...busy weekend..Between Zippity Zoo, The Kite Festival, my work Easter Egg Hunt, Soccer games, Storytime book festival--I have to get dressed and get started...

Hello to everyone new and the "regulars" Here's to a great day!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:22 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey all...morning.
Rooster- one day i decided that the calories in the coke weren't worth it..and as for diet...don't like the taste..and in addition, i have found that eliminating all artificial sweetners have done me a world of good. So i'm really trying to give up the coke. Back to square one. As for McD's..yes definately a macattack day...but i definately paid for it...the rest of the day i felt sluggish..hopefully i'll remember that next time i have an "attack" LOL
hey there RR...you definately are busy these days
Newfannie-thanks for the team support
anyways...just saying hi while i eat lunch. Had a beautiful morning ride with my horse (gorgeous day here) and after lunch going to take the mutt downtown for a long walk. Alright guys..i'm out of here..have a great day!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #19  

HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT WEEKEND!....i have a few minutes so I am going to do my best to respond to everyone...

first of all though...I have been doing well this weekend so far...I am pretty happy, the only thing is I didnt get on the treadmill yesterday so I plan on doing a few extra minutes today

my eating is doing so much better...I think my body is adjusting well now to the meds, so only better for me I think

Rooster: thanks much, I am definately feeling much better since I have been able to eat more...I dont feel as sluggish...My food choices have been great but the meds made me not hungry or even want to see food..since that feeling is pretty much subsided I am feeling much much better....Would love to see a pic of the new "do"...also downtime is great once in a while...its good to get a mental break..hope you enjoyed your rest

Gator: I am feeling much better...thank you....dont worry too much about your breakdown...once in a while everyone has one, I ate a burger from Burger King about 2 weeks ago...and oh my, I paid for it...my stomach was so upset...I felt horrible the rest of the day...I guess its true, everyone kept telling me once I am eating healthy all that fast food wouldnt sit well...they were right...hope you had fun at the dog park!

Fannie: I was told the lowest for thyroid meds was .05...maybe I misunderstood and was told that is the normal low dose they start on...thanks for the info...I think though that my system is finally regulating...it was a little frustrating but I do think it is getting better...I will definately keep the .025 in mind if I feel like the .05 is too much..thanks much for the info...hang in there at work...try to get a break...you need it im sure

so how many of us work in the medical field...I am a medical biller, that does take my breaks and lunches, however, the front office and the assistants sometimes have a hard time getting theirs...i am considerate though...i will relieve some girls up front to at least get a little break...I figure thats the least I can do since they have to rely on patients being on time and ready and whatnot...

well, I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of their weekend....my oldest son is in Washington DC for another week (hes been there for one week already) visiting his father...today is opening day of hubbys baseball..so me and my little guy are gonna go watch and root them on....have a great day everyone!

Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #20  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR, LOVE the cake!! Is your brother a baker, or just like doing that stuff? I'll have to listen for the new theme, is it already playing? Too bad they're not playing around here, the closest they get is MA.

Christina, Glad things are going better for you! I don't necessarily work in the medical field, but have had many jobs in the Pharma/Healthcare industry.

RX, I have a my space page, but don't do anything with it. I think I created an account one day to check out a friend's page.

Hi Clover, Fannie, GG, Laura!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #21  
Gantzarella

Hello..
I am 37 Michele from Massachusetts. I am so inspired by all of you sometimes it is easy to feel alone in the battle of the bulge world! I am new to this site and so far I love it! I hope to sound as motivated as all of you do. I guess I need some support, that is why I am here! Kudos to all of you!
Gantzarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

welcome there Gantzarella...we are all pretty fun here (at least i think so) and very supportive. You are not alone..and as you will see if you keep coming here...we all have a good, bad, and god ugly days. But everyone here is very supportive
Christiana-glad to hear you are feeling a little better...and yes i had a Gorgeous walk in the park. Spent an hour walking my dog around historic downtown SAV. That will be the one thing i miss when we move to Atlanta. Forsyth park is beautiful and i just love wandering around all the historic homes. But i know i'll find something cool to do with my dog. There's a place called the silver comet trail just a short bit from marietta that is a "rails to trail system. Also there is Mt. Kennesaw just a short distance away. So both pony and dog could go there. Sounds like that could be lots of fun too. New adventures coming soon. Other than that nothing really exciting. Got my dog bathed finally and helped do some vet work on my friends horse so she could sell him soon. So my day has definately been jammed pack. Will be meeting DH soon after he's done with his car race for some pizza with the boys. I maybe good when i get there and order a salad (since they really do have awesome spinach salads) but we'll see? Hope everyone is well. Chat with ya'll later
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:50 PM   #23  
Tina

S/C/G: 223/220/145

Height: 5'5"

Red face hey ya'll

Just stopping in to say hey! I've been eating way too much this weekend. Darn those Lofthouse Cookies!!!! Anyway, tomorrow is a new day, new start! I will do better!!!!!!! love to all ya'll...

tina in texas
tdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:00 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 7"

Okay not to cause a rift or anything:

GO OHIO BUCKEYES!!!

We can not loose to the Florida Gators twice in one year!

Hello all, have been lurking, not much going on, so not much to report.

Catch ya all later.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:05 PM   #25  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Lisa, you're just lookin' for a fight with GG, aren't you?!

Michelle B, Oh no, sorry about DH & the uncle! Is he a known diabetic?? Does he not take care of himself? (Sorry, my mom's a certified diabetes educator!) I'll say some prayers for him!

Michele in MA, Glad you joined us! This is turning into the "Michelle" thread!! I think there's 3, possibly 4 of you! Anyway, be sure to join us on the Daily Chat for Monday!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #26  

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren, I am insulted that you would think that No I was born in and have lived my whole life in the wonderful state of Ohio. I most definitly believe every word of it. If certian people take umbrage, then so be it.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:43 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

My Cards lost tonight. Bummer. But at least the season started!!!!!

Michelle B - so sorry to hear about DH's uncle. 1500 OMG!!! I hope he pulls through this ok and not too much damage was done.

Lisa - now, we girls need to play nice . I can almost hear the gloves coming off

Tina - Why do they put those cookies at the front door of every dang Wal-Mart??? I have to say to myself "Don't look....don't make eye contact."

Gantzarella - welcome. stop by every day to see what we are up to. Jump on in....the water's great!

Christina - I'm glad you're feeling better. Keep up the good eating!!

GG - Don't feel to bad about the McDs. I have McD, tacobell, burgerking attacks all the time. And the tacobell ones always win. Then I just feel like throwing up. Ugh. Hey, BTW, did you know that McD's straws are bigger in circumference on purpose. It goes back the time before free refils. They made the straws bigger so people would drink faster and buy more soda. Pretty sneaky.

Rx - The labor laws on mandatory breaks (1/2 hr for 8 hrs) only apply to hourly employess (non-exempt). I am considered a "professional", whoopie-doo, so I am salaried (exempt) although I still have to punch the time clock. So the labor laws do not apply to me. Luckily, my company is nice enough to pay 1&1/2 time for >40hrs per week. Under the law, they don't even have to do that. So, there is a bright side. It's better than the company I worked for in AZ. They expect pharmacists to work 14 hours with no breaks. Just scarf your lunch at the counter and hope the customers don't see. But it's not that bad here at my new job. Some days I do get a few minutes for a sit, but never out of the pharmacy. That is my biggest gripe is that I can't get AWAY to clear my head. Sorry to keep going on about this. Oh, and I wouldn't be opposed to the other website, but honestly I can barely keep up with this one. So, I probably wouldn't be very good. But I would give it a whirl.

RR - 3:30AM??? Half of the time I am still up at 3:30am. Maybe I should start the post . What do you that gets you up that early?

Everyone - have a wonderful Monday and keep on truckin'!!!

(3&1/2 days till DH arrives!!!!)

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote