Old 03-24-2007, 09:28 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default 30 Something's ~~Weekend Chat March 25-26~~

I cannot believe I am starting a thread! It's been so long since I've been here this early. Alex got up before 7:30 today so we did too. I could have used a little more sleep today. YAWN!!

Nothing new to report here except I got into the peanut butter last night. Such a dumb thing to do. We have some of those little cups from Jif. I thought they weren't so bad. I looked at the nutritional information this morning. OMGoodness!! Yikes. 390 calories and 32 grams of fat. I cannot believe it. Those little containers are going to have to leave my house.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:37 AM   #2  
Tina

S/C/G: 223/220/145

Height: 5'5"

Talking howdy

Well, looks like i'm the other early bird today!

Karen: i think little peanut butter servings are the devil!!!!!!! i started to buy those at the grocery store just the other day and when i read the label i almost screamed out loud!!!! they should make them illegal!!!! but, at least u did that early in the day and you can just work those calories off!!!! Hope u have a good one! by the way, i sent u a private message.

Well, i off to cook the family some breakfast!!! Hope everyone's weekend is wayyyy fun!

Tina in Texas
tdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all

This is day 4 now without chocolate and I've managed not to cheat! Haven't exercised yet but it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day today so I am planning to get out for a walk. We have twice as much snow as normal but it is finally starting to melt.

Have a great day
Clover2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Hey, I think school actually clicked this week! I took notes! If you knew what kind of student I was, you'd understand why I'm soo impressed with myself.

I'm down like, 4 lbs., but that's because I was sick this week. I'll take tomorrow's WI as official.

Clover, good for you not cheating on the chocolate! Welcome, by the way, in case i didn't get you earlier!

Tina & Karen, I considered getting those little PB things, because Peter likes apples w/PB, but didn't. Guess I'm too cheap. Are there more calories in those than what the same serving would be from the jar?? I love PB, Jif is my brand. We buy the double pack at BJ's. I don't have it that often though.

Have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #5  
got2losenow

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello all,
I woke up this morning and got ready quickly to hit the little league baseball practice for my son at 9 a.m. I did get to eat a small bowl of Kashi Go Lean cereal before heading out, so I am off to a good start today. We are now back and getting ready to visit my mom's house this afternoon. It is about a 45 minute ride, but my kids really enjoy going over to grandma's so we have to make the trip at least a couple of times a month. I will try to stay out of her kitchen as much as possible and keep my 1 liter bottle of water by me at all times. I will let you know how well it goes. I have plans to take a bike ride tomorrow with the family.
Have a great weekend

Diana
got2losenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:20 PM   #6  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Lauren, congrats on the note-taking. LOL I totally understand that.

Karen that has to be more than a typical serving. I know that on the jar the serving is like 250 cal.

Lisa, at the letting him live comment! Thank you for the compliment. It really is hard with him being smarter than me and all.

Well eating has been pretty good. I think I was being sent a sign today. I was working and ran to McD's for the kids. I ordered a big 'n tasty meal with no ketchup or mayo for myself. I kept thinking "don't get the fries Molly." But I got them and as I was getting out of the van the bag ripped and a bunch of fries dumped on the ground. I had enough to make up most of them for the 3 kids but not mine. How's that for Divine Intervention?? lol Plus I got plenty of activity running up and down the stairs at the theater. And I went for a walk with the man after dinner. Oh yeah...about dinner, the kids had Taco Bell (HUGE weakness for me) and I did not! Go me!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 145/130/125

Hi all!

Wow, who knew PB was so evil! I like it on toast in the morning.

Clover, you crazy, girl! I could never give up chocolate!!! But good for you for keeping your goal! I keep reading articles that suggest one should eat a piece of dark chocolate every day, so I'm going with it! My name is Flitter, and I'm a chocoholic.

I didn't work out today. I went looking for wedding dresses with a friend. My god that was tiring. And tomorrow is a wedding expo. Shoot me! My friend is a size 4!!!! She's very petite, plus she just had some health issues, so she lost weight. I may try to slip a stick of butter in her hot beverage tomorrow to get some calories in her!! Haaaa! I ate more than I have been lately, but I didn't completely pig out like I wanted to. Hopefully I'll make it to the gym tomorrow.

Good night!
flitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'4"

I had to give up chocolate - I was getting out of control for awhile I'm cutting it out for one month. So far, so good. As long as I don't replace it with another addiction...mmm....maybe licorice... Just kidding. I have gained 30lbs over the past year and am feeling pretty discouraged. Cutting out chocolate is the start of getting back in control of my eating habits. I also need to start exercising again, I've had a very lazy winter. In my defence, I had a stressful winter, but I know that's just an excuse.

Hope everyone had a great day.
Clover2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:00 AM   #9  
For Real This Time!

Hi my name is Molly and I'm a chocoholic too.

Flitter, don't be too hard on your friend if she had health issues and that's why she lost weight. I had a freind and she was a little heavier too and then was dx with cancer and was an absolute twig when she passed away. She said she always wanted to be thin but this was not the way she wanted to do it. But maybe your friend could use a little heavy cream in her coffee.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 145/130/125

Mamabear, don't worry...I was kidding about the butter and wanting to fatten her up. She was actually saying how she hasn't been able to gain weight right now, probably bc of her recent surgery. Like you said...while I'd like to be a smaller size, I definitely wouldn't want to get there due to an illness! I was just joking.

Clover, sorry you've had a stressful winter. Good for you for getting started on your weight loss.

Chocoholics, enjoy your dark chocolate without guilt...it's a health food now!

Have a great day! Off to the wedding expo!
flitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

hello!
Karen-I know what you mean about the PB-I dont eat it too often anyway but it is loaded with calories. It's a shame. I think two tablespoons is 160 calories. I mean you could double that easily on a PB&J if you werent careful!!
Clover-Congrats on going cold turkey on the chocolate. Way to go!!
Mamabear-the fry faries were watching over you! And I am sorry about your friend.

to everyone hello-and happy weekend! I look forward to getting to know everyone. I may not be able to post everyday but I will try!
Laura
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:21 AM   #12  
Tina

S/C/G: 223/220/145

Thumbs up howdy

Mornin ladies! Not enough time to speak to individuals, but i see lots of ladies making progress here! It' not about perfection, it's about progress and we might not be making perfect choices, but we're making better choices than we did before!!!! Glad to see all of ya'll on the Memorial Day challange! Talk to ya'll soon! Gotta get these teenagers moving!!!!

Oh and let's all say a collective "thank you" to the french fry fairies!!!!! lol

Tina in Texas
tdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:07 PM   #13  
For Real This Time!

Flitter, I know you were just kidding. I didn't mean to sound like I was beating you up. That's why the comment about the heavy creamer. lol

Sending a big thank you out the the fry fairies. LOL
Old 03-25-2007, 01:05 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Molly, good job on the fries and Taco Bell! Just think when The Man is older you will wish you had this time with him again.

I have not been good, of course with my Gma and everything else. . . I know thats excuses. Last night a bunch of us from my church went out to a movie and dinner. We saw the movie Amazing Grace, which was totally awesome. I would strongly recommend it ~ it is about William Willberforce a parlimentarian who opposed slavery and fought to get it abolished. Very Good. (Molly it is at Super Cenimas at Spring Meadows - tickets: $6.50) Anyways, we went to IHOP afterwords. I love their Stuffed Cinnamon French Toast, but I didn't get a platter just them with a side of bacon (2 pcs, not 4). I consider that a huge accomplishment.

Well I have to read my other mail and then go pack for my stay in Findlay. (Where Gparents live).

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:28 PM   #15  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

i'm here alive and kicking but cold today Hope you're doing well, howdy to the newcomes I haven't howdied to yet. anyone seen the rooster in the henhouse lately??
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote