Old 03-25-2007, 04:31 PM   #16  
Tina

S/C/G: 223/220/145

Height: 5'5"

Talking hi

Checking in....

Lisa: Gurl, good for you! Having any kind of self control at the IHOP is quite the accomplishment!!! I haven't got the strenght to go in there....i'm afraid i would body slam the waitress and hold the cook hostage until i ate every pancake in the joint (with extra butter of course, i'm not an animal)!!lol

But seriously, I went with the family to Texas Roadhouse for lunch and they always have that fresh bread on the table. I thought about all of you ladies as i sat there and i made the choice to NOT EAT THE BREAD!!! I feel stronger just being a part of this "group". Yall make me want to try harder.....thanks for that.... So, I had a grilled chicken salad i left there feeling good about my choice!!!

Tina In Texas
tdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:49 PM   #17  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hey they're the place with the peanutshells on the floor right?

I used to live in Abilene and was actually born n raised out in TX til the USAF said we had to move out here
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:30 PM   #18  
Tina

Holyteror,

Yeah! I love the peanuts on the floor!!

I've been thru Abilene, but never stopped!! I'm in East Texas, the flowers here are beautiful right now!

Oh, and congrats on ur 20lb weight loss! That's great!

Tina in Texas
Old 03-25-2007, 05:42 PM   #19  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

thanks.........its actually not 20 anymore but ya know, technically it is.......i started out weighing more than that before i joined this board......so yeah, i can say 20 i bet it's gorgeous out there, i am going to head to home depot and/or lowes today to see if i can find potted bluebonnets, i had no success last year seed growing them....
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:00 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Good Sunday afternoon everyone. Well, I too love these spring flowers. Didn't see that much in AZ. I am so happy to be back here where there are real seasons.

I have a terrible confession to make. I was the WORST eater in the universe on Friday. 1st problem is I work in a grocery store pharmacy who just happens to have an excellent deli department (Joan, it's Dierbergs FYI). So, I spend half my dang money there. Anyway, I am a relief pharmacist which means I travel around the city filling in for other RPh's days off. So, I was at the slowest store on Friday and had a terrible sweet tooth. I don't know why this idea hit me (I think it was the 4lb chocolate in the cake ). I went to the baking isle; bought a tub of butter cream frosting; and ate it with a spoon!!!! Luckily about 1/3 of the way through the tub, I got nauseous. Then I started to really wonder if I had gone completely crazy. I mean, here I am posting on this site to lose weight, and I had sabbotaged my new fitting clothes and everything. Well, I thought about my new clothes and my new friends here and I THREW THE REST OF THE CONTAINER AWAY. Went against my cheap heart to do so, but I did it.

What the **@@!! is wrong with me and it wasn't PMS time!!! Well, Saturday I hardly ate anything and drank a ton of water. Not to punish myself, but I just wasn't hungry.

I have to climb back up on the old tired horse and try again.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Now that confession time is over.......

Tina, I love what you said about progress. It really made me smile and feel good. We might have setbacks, but we need to look at the overall picture.
I also LOVE Texas Roadhouse. Of course, I love any place whose main event is steak.

Karen - I guess it's a good thing I don't like peanut butter!!! Except for those Tagalong girl scout cookies. YUM.

Laura, welcome back. It's always nice to have another person with ideas and goals.

Flitter, hope the expo doesn't wear you out too much. At least you'll be doing a lot of walking!!! I wish when I got married I had realized there are wedding dresses made for people like me. I miss not having a "real" wedding dress. I think for my 20th anniversary, I will have a renewal ceremony with a "real" dress. Thin or not.

Hope everyone's Monday is spectacular. Or at least liveable!!!

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:04 PM   #22  
Tina

Red face aww

Kerri:

Don't u go beatin urself up about the frosting. We have all been there!! I've gone thru the "tube" cookie dough like a mad dog before!!!! At least you realized what you were doing before you finished the whole thing! That's progress.....that's what i'm talking about!! Hang in there gurl!!!!

Tina in Texas
Old 03-25-2007, 09:31 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 145/130/125

Mamabear...ja, ja! I'm following ya, sista! Just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was completely crazy! (I'm only a little crazy.)

NewFannie: Good for you for throwing out that frosting! Don't beat yourself up...just think of us if you need some motivation. The wedding expo was interesting. Thank goodness I'm a vegan (no meat, dairy, eggs), bc there was cake EVERYWHERE!!! I would have gained 20 lbs!!! I love sweets, but am limited bc of my dietary lifestyle. You'll be glad to know that they had full-figured models in the fashion show. I even commented to my friend that it was nice that they included all sizes, since we do come in all sizes...not just size zero!!!
flitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:26 PM   #24  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey All,

Sorry I didn't check in earlier.

Kerri, I have sooo been there, done that! Good for you tossing the rest, despite the budget...I'm the same way, I'd rather give it to someone else than toss it, but who would want it?!

Holy, RX is hiding...apparently not on his brand new, very expensive clothes hanger...I mean treadmill!!

Lisa, How is gma doing? I'm sorry, I meant to ask! I've never had their stuffed french toast, but always wanted to. I guess now would not be a good time to try it! Good for you showing self control!

I gotta get some sleep...check in tomorrow!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Default I couldn't go to the gym all weekend

Hi Every one!
Holyteror on your 20 Lbs. loss, you must be so proud of yourself!!!
I am so much looking forward to this week to start!
I had the dinner birthday party for my husband on Saturday night, and I am exhusted!!!

I starte cooking on Thursday so I wouldn't have to rush, thank G-d I did. On Friday I thought Sean was going to go to school but he didn't, I baked all day, I baked the evil chocolate cake that calls for 4 Lbs. or chocolate and it took all day to bake, it was deliciuos, who knows how many calories are in each bite and I don't want to know either. Saturday I thougth it was going to be easy and relaxing, NOT! finished baking and preparing. The first person got here at 6:00 pm I had just gotten out of the shower, I was so ebarrased, but time flew by so fast, and before I knew it, it was 5:45 PM. Every one had a great time. My husband made margaritas and pina coladas, mmmmm...
the last person left at 1:30 AM
Today we didn't even get up till 10:00 AM, I felt like I could sleep all day, I felt like I was fun over by a truck . Needless to say, I couldn't find the energy to go to the gym after so much drinking, I don't drink to much, as a matter of fact hardly every, and last night I had about 4 or 5 pina coladas . My husband didn't go to work today, he was so tired, it is very unsual for him not to work on a Sunday (sells cars), I was very happy he stayed home.

Tomorrow morning I have no excuse no to go to the gym. I have to,I don't want to get near the scale for a few days, I am affraid to~!

I wish every one a great week!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote