Old 02-28-2007, 07:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 something chat: Wed, Feb 28th

wOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
okay so i was worried that all the alcohol i had this weekend would affect my weight loss. I was hoping for at least one pound so i made it to my first mini goal of 10 pounds. Well not only did i loose one pound...i lost a total of 2.4. Now i'm down to 176.8 Yeah!!!!!! does a happy dance. I guess all this moving and packing junk was a lot more of a work out than i though. Well guys hope everyone has a great day...time for me to go clean stalls. Bye
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:12 AM   #2  

oh and btw..to celebrate my first mini goal...a few new shirts for me!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Excellent!! Weight loss in spite of 4 martinis:-). What a great feeling....

I've been moving a lot more than I usually do with packing, doing steps, etc., etc... Our house goes on the market tomorrow. We've listed it at just the right price and it looks great so hopefully we'll sell soon. Who knows? I just hope that we won't be sitting on it for months like a neighbor of mine. They put a super high price on it and have had to lower it several times and now nobody is looking. Another house very similiar to ours sold within 9 days a few weeks ago. Keep your fingers crossed for a quick sale! Way to go GG!!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:57 AM   #4  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

congrats on the loss and exercise

i'm having issues with eating and lack of exercise...and dangit i still can't get rested. i tried getting to bed early last night and i still didn't fall asleep til 11 pm. i woke up before the 5:30 alarm too. i nearly dropped back off to sleep when the snooze went off. Hopefully rehearsal will drop me back to sleep tonight LOL

have a great day
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:44 AM   #5  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

GG - Excellent weight loss!!! I am super happy for you!!
Joan - good luck with putting your house on the market. (fingers crossed)
Holy - I think it is amazing that you belly-dance. Are you in a group?

The left-overs have finally left my house!!! Time to make a HUGE purchase at the grocery store and get down to business!!!

Lauren - excellent with all the water drinking. I hear yo on the trips tot eh LGR (littl egirls room)

Where oh where has RXZ been hiding????

On my way to court - check back in later
~Becky.
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:44 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Congrats Gator!!!!!

Joan, Smart idea listing it at the right price. I just heard something the other day that people should list at a realistic price, because buyers don't have the patience for overpriced homes, or something like that.

Holy, Hang in there girl, sounds like you're having a rough time lately. How's DH?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:45 AM   #7  
LBH

Beck, what'd you do? Hope they don't throw you in jail!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello guys.

Well, not eating right has gotten me in trouble once again. I was making bacon for BLT's to go with soup for dinner last night. I was baking it in the oven, that's supposed to be healthier...gets rid of more grease. Well, some grease spilled onto the bottom of the oven. Lots of smoke. Smoke alarm goes off. Oh yeah, I have a monitored smoke alarm. I didn't get to it quick enough to cancel. Guess who's coming to my house? Oh yes, the FIRE DEPARTMENT!! Ugh. Second time in six months. I did learn that if my smoke detector goes off, they are probably coming. Brinks calls the fire department if they can't get me on the phone. The alarm takes over the phone line to call. Guess who can't be gotten on the phone? ME!! We have volunteer fire departments up here, so not just the fire truck comes out. Lots of people in their private cars come too. It is SO embarassing. I wanted to hide and not answer the door but you know that doesn't work. They'd just break in!!

Joan and Gator: Congrats on the lossess! Yippee! You gals are doing awesome.

Gator: Have fun shopping.

Joan: I hope your house sells quickly. I would hate to have to keep my house in inspection condition for a long period of time. I can't keep it even reasonable for very long!

Holy: I'm sending you rest thoughts! I know where you are coming from. I have sleeping problems too and having two kids in bed with me (along with DH) isn't helping. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for a general physical and I'm going to ask for something to help.

Lauren: How is the new job going? I see you are getting in plenty of water! I hope you are liking it.

OK, off to the store with us! Have a great day all.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #9  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckins1217 View Post
Where oh where has RXZ been hiding????
Apparently not far enough away.

Things have been busy busy at work. The stress or whatever you want to call it that I took Friday/Monday off of work for was back with reinforcements by noon tomorrow. I'm just not sure what to do - I seem to have a fundamental personality difference (NOT conflict) with the other people in the team. And this difference is leading to them to not want to hear what I'm saying....and since it's always all of them "against" me, I start to wonder if I really AM wrong because that's certainly the way that THEY make me feel. (Even though talking to some other people leads me to believe that I'm "right" and they're just control freaks and short sighted. ) Anyway, my cross to carry right now. I'll find a way to deal with it.

On the treadmill front, I just got one. No more excuses for walking, eh? Still gotta get into "the routine" but I'm hopeful. I missed yesterday evening (was on in the morning) and won't been on it today. I've opted to keep myself less creaky and broken for the Salsa Dance Class tonight. I'm still not convinced that I'm not crazy for doing this, but what the heck.... The things I do for that lovely wife of mine.

Weight seems to be stubborn. I think I kinda have a chance of making my "Winter Goal" by the end of March, but it'll take some serious amount of work and I'm not sure I'm up to it. I guess my day at the spa is going to have to wait a little longer....

Anyway...back to the grind. Stay on program, all you lovely ladies.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:53 AM   #10  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

Height: 4'11"

Well girls I had a great day yesterday. Ate well and exercised. (walked for 1/2 an hour with a friend after work yesterday). But I started off today with sausage rolls from the donught store. YIKES! I'm doing better with my water drinking. I have a soda in the mornings for the caffeine factor and one with dinner but it's water the rest of the day. I'm starting to get really discouraged though. I have to loose 5lbs a month to meet my end of the year goal. Today is the end of February and I've lost 7lbs in 2 months. So I'm 3lbs short of the necessary 10lbs for Jan + Feb. I just am not seeing any movement in the scales. Part of it is because I've been eating pretty badly. Another part is b/c I haven't been exercising like I should. I know it's possible to loose it. I've just gotta get off my big 'ol bootie and do it.

Well I'd better run. This afternoon is my formal evaluation for this school year. Wish me luck.

Mary
4me4ben4will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/222/150

Height: 5"8

Good Morning, Good Women!
How kind of you all to send me good wishes. I look forward to getting to know each of you. How awesome to find a fellow Northwest Alabamian! HEY!
I was up at 4:30am with my puppy and was so bleary eyed that I didn't treadmill. I SWEAR I'll do it tonight when I get home from school. Hopefully, the husband will have the daughter scrubbed, tubbed, fed, and pajama-ed. It could happen, I guess. School for me is MWF, 8a-7:30p on MW. Just two hours on F. I'm always so exhausted between trying to keep up with laundry, housecleaning, grocery shopping, and most important-spending time with my precious 7 year old who told me yesterday: "I'm practically perfect in every way, Mommy. Just like mary poppins." I completely agreed. How do these wonderwomen do it all? Being overweight just makes me feel sluggish and lethargic. My cupboards are bare so I guess that is a good place to start.
I WILL BE FIT AGAIN.
ladyjo
ladyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #12  

Hi ladies,
I am doing great with my diet AND have been to the gym early this morning
After workout I wanted to buy new trousers at least two pairs - I need a white one and as I usually wear black it should be a black one, too. I was sooooooo after trying 5 pairs and nothing wanted to fit......Frustration frustration.....I got a great pair of shoes instead

Karen: I could so picture the scene lol (sorry for laughing) - I can totally understand your embarrasment but I think you´re not the only one that has this problem with the smoke

Go girls with your weight It´s so good to see the progress! Be proud of yourself!

Kirsten
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:55 AM   #13  

back guys...just a quickie before lunch LOL
holy- i've always wanted to learn to belly dance...that would be cool
beckins - hope court goes ok...remember check all firearms before enteringn the courthouse LMAO
karen - hmmm well you could have always invited the fire dept for dinner LMAO
RXZ - hang in there...that sucks that work isn't going well hopefully u and your group will "work something out" let me know how the salsa classes went...remember..no matter how many times you step on you DW's feet...she'll still love you (:
joan- good luck with the house...hopefully you'll be as successful as we were.
Mary - hang in there...don't freak out if you aren't meeting your goal. try to stay focused and then start exercising...that is sooo important...but hey...you are loosing weight..maybe not as fast as you would have liked...but you are still loosing.
ladyjo - man you definately need to be envied...school family and wt loss. Must be hard...but good for you...hang in there.
Waves to everyone else. I'll go shopping for shirts..but will probably have to wait til next week with all this moving crap going on. oh and btw...dh won major browning points this am....when i told him i've lost 12lbs so far...he called me his "little featherweight". well dh home for lunch. see ya laters
Old 02-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #14  
LBH

GG, DH won points AND is home for lunch?! Sounds like RR, Karen & I need to fill you in on "FEEP" (Fun Earned Exercise Points).

Kirsten, Sorry you didn't find pants, but hey, a new pair of shoes is always good!

Mary,

RX, Good to see you! You have no excuse now that you have a treadmill...unless it's because you're fighting DW for time! About work, is there anyway you can just let it "slide off your back"? I've learned that sometimes it's just not worth the arguement. Or can you switch teams?

Jo, If your DH has your DD scrubbed, tubbed, fed, and pajama-ed, please send him to me!! Because mine can barely get a clean diaper on my little guy for bed!

Karen, Oh my, the visual!! That's God telling you not to eat bacon anymore! Job is OK, is really slow and I'm having issues with that, because I'm extremely bored. I asked the agency to find something else for me. Other than that, I do like the office and the people...just not enough work. And I can't access my yahoo mail, which really annoys me!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Oh, boy. What a day you all have had and I just woke up! I am a true nite owl so on my days off I stay up late and get up even later. I cannot function before 11am.

Anyway, congrats GG on the loss.

Mary, try not to stress out about not losing the weight you wanted to. It is coming off. Maybe it will just have to take a couple of extra months. Remember, slower IS better; more likely to stay off

Karen, thanks for the laugh! Maybe I'm lucky I don't like bacon.

It's really great to all who are exercising, no matter how much. Any amount is better than my zero.

Tonight, I am going to my favorite Italian restaurant and I will have no will-power. I will try, but......I've pretty much decided not to. I know that's terrible. My rational: I didn't eat breakfast since I got up soooo late. Not very sound, but it works for today. Will start again tomorrow.
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote