Old 02-26-2007, 05:25 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something Chat: Monday Feb 26

Good Morning!!!

Lauren: I am also taking Welbutrin XL--THat is what kicked my weightloss again. It totally makes me not hungry and I tend to skip supper cuz I lose the desire/cravings to eat..Glad the kids had fun!!

Ok weekend--between one sick with the throat and the other needing walking assistance and the third jealous--it was ok...
Me and DH and K had a date on Sat and I took them to see "Stomp".. What a great play..We enjoyed every minute..

Ok..today I am gonna eat right on target(3 meals) and excercise on the treadmill--Have a great day all!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:34 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Happy Monday, everyone.

Well, it's the start of a new week.....and a new week that contains a new month! My goal is to get myself positioned to get back on the wagon by Thursday so that I can hop back on and make some significant strides toward my "end of March" goal. I'm not sure that it's achievable anymore, but we'll see. I'm not totally giving up on it yet.

Weigh in was today and I've adjusted my ticker to that value. I'm almost back to my "start weight". Oh well, it's just a starting point...

No work for me today. This is "day 2" of the couple days I took off work to try and recharge. I was definitely not the "motivated and happy" person I am - and that's saying something. Decided on Thursday that I should probably take some quiet time to myself and it does seem to have helped a little.

I think my lovely wife and I are going to go out and buy our treadmill today. The original model we were looking at is no longer being carried (they were having trouble with that particular model and stopped carrying it) and the one that we're considering now is 1) not a folding model and 2) a bit more money. Anyway, we pretty much decided that we can handle the extra space that a non-folding model will take up (and the rigid frame is probably a benefit anyway) so we'll go and do the deed today. I have no idea when it'll be delivered but I'm hoping for before Thursday.

More entertainment on the home front. DW and I have been noticing a discolouration/soft spot on the bathroom floor for the past couple of years. We originally attributed it to water getting out of the shower and onto the floor. So, we sealed around the bottom of the tub (so the water wouldn't get underneath) and went on our merry way. Well, the spot slowly has been getting worse and NOW the carpet in the adjacent hall has also started to get damp. That was a signal for me to cut a hole in the master bedroom closet which is right behind the tub's faucets. Well, as soon as I took that piece of gyprock down the smell of mildew hit me like a ton of bricks. Good news: the pipes are not leaking. Bad news: water seems to be getting behind the tiles and has TOTALLY rotted/molded the wall behind the tiles. I'm guessing the whole way around the tub. Probably been getting worse from before we bought the house, it's just one of those things you can't see so don't know about. ANYWAY.....we sealed the cracked grouting with silicone caulking yesterday as a stop gap fix and are now planning an (early) renovation to the upstairs bathroom (and installation of the bathroom in the basement at the same time). Once we talk to a couple contractors and get some quotes, we'll go to the bank and talk to them about some financing options since this is no small undertaking. Ah...the joys of home ownership.

Have a great day everyone. And to any Canadians out there - remember, you've only got a few more days to get your money squirrelled away into an RRSP to claim it on this year's taxes.

Take care!
:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:50 AM   #3  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Howdy
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:01 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Morning All!

Woke up to a few inches of snow this AM...maybe 3-4? DH did the driveway though, and the roads are just wet, so not a big deal. I just hope it doesn't get cold and freeze up later.

Had a great day yesterday looking at houses. We had a list of 14 houses to drive by, and narrowed it down to 8 that we want our agent to take us to see inside. I have to talk to the mortgage guy first though. I don't think our agent is interested in showing us anything unless we are pre-approved. It was actually kind of amusing, because when we drove by the one house that DH was really excited about seeing, there were 3 other cars there doing the same thing! One group actually got out and were looking at it. So we decided that if it's not under contract by next weekend, we'll go see it. I did get to see the inside of 2 of them, which were open houses. One was nice, a "contemporary", or "California" type ranch, which I like because of the high ceilings, but overall it was too small. The other actually wasn't on the list, but it was across the street from one on the list, and was an open house. It was a center hall colonial, which I'm not really interested in, but it was OK. Needs a lot of cosmetic work though. DH was in the car the whole time, because the boys were sleeping.

Anyway, back on track today, had oatmeal for breakfast, having leftover pizza for lunch, probably soup for dinner.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning everyone!

Had a good day yesterday. Dinner is my most dangerous meal as I'm more relaxed and tend to have a second of this and that. It helps if I don't drink alcohol with my meal. My guards are lowered after a glass (or two) or wine. I just dropped everyone off at school and preschool and will go out and take a walk shortly. Santa brought me an IPOD for Christmas and I love that baby! It sure does help me exercise better.

RR ~ I saw STOMP a while back ~ loved it!!!

Lawrence ~ glad that you took that time off work to recharge. I can tell from your e-mail that you're already in a better place because of it. Buying a treadmill is a great investment. We bought ours about seven years ago and I used it religiously. So much so, that we had to have the belt replaced. I still use it these days, just not as often. We've decided to buy a new one when we move and have more space. DH is a runner and he has given it one heck of a workout.

Seems like everyone is talking about houses lately on this site! Maybe it's the spring weather. We're listing our house this Thursday and I am starting to get excited. I'm hoping that it won't be on the market long. I'm a neat person but keeping it in tip-top shape with three little kids will be tough.

Hope that everyone has an excellent day!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #6  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning all!!!

Sorry I ws MIA all weekend. DH and I finally decided to take some time for ourselves and DS... well, that didn't happen. DH decided to go bike riding on Saturday AM, which left DS and I to go to the grocery store on our own. No big deal, usually... Except a very sick 7 mos old does not sit for a period of time, nicely. Plus, I spent way to much at the store and NONE of it was healthy. Then, on Sunday, one of our cats didn't come home from the night b4 and I thought for sure she was a goner. She's old and usually sticks close. Her lazy butt decided to show up around 11AM, after lots of tears....Oh well. Sunday night, we had friends come over to watch the race and celebrate dH's birthday (it's today).

So, we didn't have any family time and the dreaded inlaws are coming next weekend. (that's a whole nother story).

BUT, I promised today would be a new start, and I think I"m doing OK, so far. Was planning on left over soup and paninis for dinner, but think grilled chicken and veggies would be a better choice.

I hope you all are having a good Monday.

Good luck to everyone, selling, buying and looking for new houses. DH and I will be doing that next year.

Happy Monday!!
~Becky
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:05 PM   #7  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning all I went and saw george yesterday and BOY did i eat wayyyy too much and soooo unhealthy road trips always seem to do that to me it took 2 1/2 hours to get there and we got to visit for 2 hours then of course 2 1/2 home my husband thinks he's a nas car driver and let me tell you these roads are NO JOKE it was wet from the ice melting up there they have these boys nesteled on the top of the medicenco mountains and they tell the boys all the time go ahead and run cause if we dont get you the wild life will and for me being born and raised in southern cali (beach Bum ) all the wild life is crazy we saw wild boar's elk mountian lions deer and a wild turkey damn near ended up in my lap he was flying straight towards the wind sheild and at the last minute swooped up i was freaking out

Ok enough of my horror story im back on track as far as watching what i eat

I'll check in later
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone.

I had the same snow Lauren did only I got to shovel the driveway/sidewalk. It was only a few inches thank goodness. It was wet and very heavy to pick up. The plow left huge chunks of ice at the end of the driveway. Alex had fun helping me throw them out of the way. I guess I got in some exercise!

RR: Stomp looks like it would be a lot of fun.

Lawrence: Eeewwwee. That sound like a huge project you have coming up! Good luck with the financing.

Joan: Good luck with selling your house! I never ever want to move again. Unless someone else does all the packing and cleaning.

Becky: I am glad your kitty came back home.

Godess: Wow, you did see a lot of wildlife.

Have a great afternoon!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Moring all...yeah after a horrible Fri and Sat...i woke up sunday...gave myself a good swift kick in the rear and back on the wagon. I think all the alcohol has finally left my body...lol..man does that make me sound like a lush. Morning all...work's been a bit hectic so far...but at least i get a lunch today.

Good luck RR---we all need to stay more focused
RXZ - sorry about the housing issues...i think you should get a treadmill...and i hope the "quiet" time has rejuvinated you..you definatley have seemed to need it...but know we are all here to help you out.
LBH - good luck in the house shopping..we'll be in the market for on up in Atlanta in the next month or so...just sold the one here in Savannah...now living short term in an apt...ugghhhh apt life. Tough after living in a house for so long..but at least there are a few perks there...pool and 24hr fitness center.
hey ya holy and karen...how ya been?
LOL at goddess - you find it terrifiyin...sound fun to me...well at least the wildlife..not the crazy driving...lol...my DH does autocross with his M3 and sometimes he likes to "practice" on the open roads...very scary for me LOL
irish - good luck on the house sale..we lucked out..had a contract on it in 2.5 weeks...but our house is totally upgrade with lots of cool colors, trim everywhere etc
beckins- hope you survive the inlaws...luckily my in-laws are great!

Talk to you guys later...lunch is up and now back to work i go!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:20 PM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Michelle, I am at the visual of the wild turkey!! The first time I ever saw a wild turkey was about 8 yrs. ago, I was driving up to NW NY state to visit a friend of mine. I was actually only about 15 min. from home on the highway and it was real early in the AM. The "thing" ran across the highway in front of me (I drive like NASCAR!), scaring the crap out of me. I thought it was "Roadrunner"!! That's what it looked like to me! It was hilarious!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:16 PM   #11  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

i'm ok...real tired and got plenty to do tonight...i'll pop by later
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...hope everyone is doing well. Did every one find the wagon today? Anyways...had a really great day...after a crappy weekend. I stayed op today and then after work DH and i packed and moved more stuff from the house for about 1.5 hrs, i then was able to get my butt in gear and go to work out. I set the eliptical at 40 minutes but i think i was a bit over zealous...by 30 minutes i was dying...so i stoped and then took the dog for a 20 minute work. So i felt great and productive today. Now time for a bit more chat then off to bed..i'm exhausted. Hope everyone else is well. Night!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Yipppeeee!!!! Monday evening is when I weigh in and I'm down 8 pounds. I try not to weigh myself more than once a week as it does nothing but mess with my noggin. I kept getting off and on the scale tonight as I thought that maybe the darn thing was broken. Just goes to show what getting my buns out of bed and exercising in the morning does... Hope that everyone has a great week ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote