Old 02-23-2007, 05:31 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Somethings TGIF chat!!! Feb 23

Good Morning!!!
Well..K's ankle wasnt broken but she did tear the ligament in the ankle and is in a metal boot. At least she can walk now since it is supported..She even likes it cuz she can kick the soccer ball harder..(sooo feminine!!! )Her first game is Sat--I am gonna let her go watch so she will be around her team.

Lauren--Hope all the tests/bloodwork come out fine..He didnt want to try a non-stimulant drug first???Good Luck..We need to start a "Child Issue" thread..Maybe we can support each other with "challenges."

Have to run...I am working a few hours before SD#2's surgery..Hopefully(after Versed cocktail) she will be good going to surgery.She doesnt really complain/feel pain so I hope she will do good...
Have a great one!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #2  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

*snort* versed cocktail ROFLMAO

I price that stuff every day LOLOLOL

having a decent breakfast...gonna head to work soon
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:01 AM   #3  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone

I have a new detirmination set before me. I am down to 2 pairs of jeans anda pair of Khakis. I have worn the rest of my clothes to threads, and 2 pairs actually tore. Well our income tax return will be in in 2 weeks, and DH has ordered me to go buy new clothes (he said to buy atleast 5 pairs of jeans) THe thought of buying new cloths in the size I am now makes me sick. SO I now have to goal of losing a pant size in two weeks size 9 or 11. Right now I usually need a 13 but in some brands I can wear an 11 but sometimes 13s are to small. ( hate that!!)

Well here is the plan. for the next two weeks.

Breakfast is egg/egg white omlet and/or a small cup of oatmeal.
Lunch will be pregresso soup or grilled chicken and veggies
supper will be grilled meat of my choice with steamed veggies.
snacks will be apples or baby carrots.
This is only for two weeks, so I want it to be strict. but suggestions on variety are well come
I'm on a mission people!! :P
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:08 AM   #4  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

I just went back to skim over yesturdays thread. WOW what a lot of 8m and nearly 8m old cuties!! WHaaaahhh My baby is 3 now, and it seems like only yesturday she was a baby.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:41 AM   #5  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

wannaB - sounds like a good enough plan for 2 weeks. Just make sure to get in enough calories so you don't go into starvation mode. Good luck!! We are all her for you.

This is my last bad weekend... I vow to that!!!!!! The weather is finally getting nice in VA, I think I may take DS to the park tomorrow to go for a walk and maybe sit in the swings. I think he'll get a kick out of that.

I"m doing some MAJOR grocery shopping tonight. Any ideas to stock up with satisfying, but still healthy snacks/treats? I'm going to spend some time cleaning out my cupboards this weekend, and bringing stuff to my soup kitchen at church.

Hope you all are having a good Friday

Holy - what are you rehearsing???

~Becky.
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:58 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

For suggestions for snacks ~ Jello makes a great sugar free pudding in several chocolate flavors that are only 60 calories. The one that I like the most is Mint Chocolate.

RR, good luck on the surgery for SD 2.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning all...slow work day here...oh well. that's the joy of vet life...either you're busting your butt and no break, or you are slow and waiting for stuff.
RR - hope the sx goes well.
WannaB - here's my suggestion...first good luck with the 2 wk thing...looks okay...just don't kill yourself or get so fed up you go off the deep end. What i would recommend is save up the money you got for actaul end size you want. Go to the goodwill/salvation army to buy pants in your current size. Since you seem a little annoyed that you aren't in the size you want to be yet...then go get some cheeper clothes for the inbetween size and save the income tax refund for the "ultimate" spending spree. I'm doing that right now. Every week...i put an amount of $$ in my account for when I reach my "ultimate" goal weight. Good luck though!!!! and congrats on the great weight loss. keep up the good work.
Beckins - send you some
LLpen -
hopefully i will be better today...yesterday i was weak and the evil alcohol called my name...mmmmmm beer...two beers later...i feel bloated today LOL
i think i'll get my exercise this weekend however....We have to pack up the house and put most of it in storage since it looks like the contract is going through...and if so...we have to be out by March 9th. Ahhh apartment life....that sux LOL...but at least its only for 5 months until we move. Well going to waste some more of my time doing nothing at work...have a great day all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #8  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning all i did lurk yesterday and i have to say ya all make some gorgeous babbies.............
as for me im down 1 lb this week i'll take it
im going to see george sunday and am supper excited i rented the new mustang this time should be fun
RR~ im glad it's not broken but to k anyways i hope it dont hurt too bad
Wanna~ good for you and yeah ditto to what gator said
Becks~ holy does belly dancing
lisa~ how you doing your post have been short and sweet LOL

Well back to the grind
have a good day all
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Michelle, Cool on the car! Have a nice visit! Is this the first visit?? Congrats on the pound!

Gator, that will suck to have to pack up quickly and move into an apt.

Beck, my latest thing is these protein bars. They are called Pure Protein and they have 20gr. protein, 190 cal, 6 gr. fat, 1 gr. fiber, 2 gr. sugar. They are chocolate peanut butter and really good. And satisfying too...for both hunger and cravings.

Christie, sounds good, maybe throw in a couple T. peanut butter with the apple, and a couple oz. of cheese with the carrots...need the protein!

RR, I asked him about Strattera and he said it wasn't for kids his age (which I had already read, but asked anyway). He also said you have to swallow whole, and Peter can't do that yet. DH is going to take him for b/w at lunch someday, since it's close by.
Geez, what's worse, a broken bone or torn ligaments?! Poor kid...not that she notices...what a visual of kicking the soccer ball with that on!!
Hope all goes well with #2.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #10  

Yea goddess woohoo...a pound is a loss...so good for ya!

agrees with LBH - does suck but in the same sense...at least our house sold for what we were asking and now it gives us at least 3 good months to take trips up to Atlanta to find housing options. oh well...it will give me exercise this weekend LOL
Old 02-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'5

RR - glad it wasn't broken.

WannaB - shopping at goodwill seems like a great solution for now. You can also try ebay.

Goddess - How fun to drive a mustang for the weekend. I love my suburban but I really should getaway and enjoy a hot ride every once in a while.

Laruen - I hope the doc finds a good balance for your son. It is tough when they are young.

Well yesterday I went and walked for over an hour. I love when the weather is so nice.
babybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Greetings all!

WannaB ~ Ditto to all above advice... I've done the two week thing before and the weight has come off. Unfortunately, it came back on really quick because my body was so deprived. Save the money and buy new clothes for your upcoming beach trip. You'll love buying new swimsuit, shorts, etc., etc.. in pretty spring colors.

Baby Belly ~ good for you! Walking for over an hour is great. We're having nice weather here in St. Louis and it is so nice to be able to go outside again to exercise.

I'll have to check out those new protein bars... I decided to take this morning off from exercising. We're putting out house on the market next week and I am getting plenty of exercise today. I'm sooooo hungry today though.

Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:21 PM   #13  

irish....i know what its like with a house on the market. Ours is under contract and we are working to get things packed etc. Luckily we did a lot of it prior to the showing of our house.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:41 PM   #14  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Thanks for all the advice guys!! and AMEN to the more protien!! I hear the logic in saving the money till i reach my goal, and have actually been thinking along those lines myself.