Old 10-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi. I'm new to the forum, too. I'm a stay-at-home mom who also works from home. I have one son, Quinn, who is 3.5 years and was adopted at nineteen months. He's a great kid, but unfortunately, we're in the midst of the terrible threes. I guess he's making up for skipping the terrible twos. He loves soccer and all kinds of vehicles. We're also working on potty training and I am so looking forward to the day we can permanently say goodbye to diapers!
Jezlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #272  
bilingual illiterate

S/C/G: 312/302/250

Height: 5'7

hi! my husband and i have been married for 18 years (we were 17 and 18) and we have 7 kids..only 1 is a girl!
they are 17,16,14,12,10,5,and 6 months!!
candytrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:33 AM   #273  
Just Breathe

S/C/G: 293/279/Healthy

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone:

I am so glad I found this thread!!

3 years ago when my DH and I got together I took in his 2 children that were abused (physically, mentally, & sexually) and neglected by their biological mother. I have raised them since as my own since they have not seen her since the day we left the court house with them. At the time, our youngest was 4. It's hard going from no children to one day having 2 boys and I tell you I wouldn't trade it for the world! They have brought a light into my life that nothing else could and I couldn't be more proud of them.

Logan: Our oldest and brightest and OMG so smart and he knows it. He is about to turn 12 next month. He is an artist, loves to draw, but is also very intellectual. He can hold an adult conversation about politics and say things that really make you think. He plays football, loves animals, video games, writing, and art. Oh btw, he is 5'8 and 205lbs. Big boy!

Alex: Our youngest is a charmer. At the ripe old age of 7, he has managed to win the hearts of just about every female he encounters. He loves music, motorcycles, cars, and super hero movies. He is a tall one too. He is almost 5'. He will be 8 in February. This is so horrible to say but my DH and I say that he is the one who is going to make us grandparents first.

Now if I can just get them to hang their clothes!

Angela
MsRatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #274  
Mama on a Mission

Hi there. New to this site. I am married and have been for almost 4 years now. My husband and I have one daughter, Renee, who just turned one a few weeks ago. She has brought so much joy and happiness into our lives and I can't imagine a day without her. She is very independent like me, which will cause problems later on down the line I would imagine. But she is always smiling and laughing and chasing after our dog. We hope to have at least one more, maybe two but still want to lose a little more weight before we go trying for # 2.
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 260/260/170

Hi everyone.

I have 2 girls.
My oldest Janay is 12 yrs old. She is a very sweet girl who loves to be the center of attention. This unfortunately is not benefitting her in middle school and it seems to be attracting all the wrong kids. I know its a difficult age so I just take it one day at a time. She loves music, skating & helping out with rescue work.
My youngest Angelie is 6 years old. She is a little spitfire. We joke that one day she will be a leader somewhere. She hates being told what to do.. but loves giving orders lol. She is super affectionate and so spunky its hard not to resist her charm.
Scarsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #276  

My 3 year old broke her arm over the weekend, My stomach was in knots, and I felt so bad for her. I made myself sick because I blamed myself. She fell from the swing set, I should have been right there to act as her spotter and I could have caught her.
LindsaysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

Oh I am so sorry your 3 year old broke her arm We can't be there to catch them all the time

I have an awesome 3 year old son who has recently developed having "scary dreams" since I mistakenly let him watch the first 10 mins of Monster's INC :duh:
and now he is waking almost nightly in the middle of the night asking to come into our bed. Last night when I told him that he had to stay in his bed (which is seriously about a foot away from my side of the bed) he screamed his head off. It was horrible and it took us a good 45 mins to calm him down. then at 5 in the morning he woke again saying he was scarred and ended up in our bed. Sigh.
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #278  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 202/203/180

Height: 5'5

This is an awesome thread, because I love to talk about my kids! I am sorry to hear that your 3 year old broke her arm, but like butterflymomma said, we can't always be right there . I have 6 children, my oldest is a 17 yr old girl, then I have an 11 yr old boy, a 10 yr old girl, an 8 yr old boy, a 5 yr old girl, and a 7 month old son. I really don't have any complaints so far. None of them are like I was, so far, and I am proud of them for that. I was a mother at 16, and from the time I was 12, I was awful!! I am nothing like that now, and I talk to my kids about everything, they are all pretty laid back. I just pray that they make the right choices in life.
mpjimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:04 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5ft 4.5in

Hey I am new hear but thought I would join in. I have 5 adorable little Monkeys-Allie is 8, AJ is 6, Skye will be 4 next month, Shaye is 2 and Macie is 9 months old. Yep, that is 4 girls and 1 boy. Poor AJ is outnumbered. My kids are my life and they keep me very busy! Allie is currently driving me insane-she hates me, nothing is fair, and man she is getting emotional. I think I am done for when All my girls are teenagers and poor AJ being surrounded by his crazy sisters! Macie is my favorite right now LOL She is so chill and an easy baby. She is a little developmentally delayed (her muscles are a little tight and she isn't sitting up on her own yet!) and in physical therapy but she will catch up. It is nice to have one of my kids adore me like she does!
jennimomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #280  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

mp - That's all any of us can do, is hope our children make good decisions and follow through on the right choices.
jenni - I think all kids go through that "I hate mommy because she is so mean" phase. I wasn't sure I would make it through my kids doing it, but I am still here and so are they! LOL!

I am also new here and love a thread on kids! Sorry in advance if my story bores you

I have 3 kids, a boy and 2 girls. My oldest is my son age 17, weighed 10Lb 11 1/2 oz at birth and then stopped growing at age 2. Uh-oh. He has De Mosier's and a lot encompasses that. He is totally blind in one eye, 20/80 in the other; has visual and audio hallucinations, not able to produce any measurable hormones on his own, and is developmentally delayed. He is, however, an extraordinary young man who has beat the odds continually throughout. He rides a bike, they said he couldn't; he is mainstream in school, they said he wouldn't be; the list goes on and on. Amazing!
The next in line is my 15 yr old daughter. She was 1Lb 10oz and a super premie at birth. She has asthma, ADHD (like her mommy, grampy, great-grammie, etc, lol), severe polyarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (like her mommy), osteo arthritis, and osteo necrosis (dead bone). She has also beat odds! She is out of her wheelchair now and with only a brace, can even ride a bike! I am so proud of her tenacity for which she fights to keep going!
The youngest is 12 and was 6Lb 8 1/2 oz - YAY! Normal size! Then... no major health issues! Woohoo!!!! Many have referred to her as a mini-me and she has some spunk for sure! So proud of all of them and they are truly the light of my life! They are all starting new schools this year, since DH and I were finally able to purchase our dream home I am sure they will do great with the adjustment!
I have enjoyed reading of other's families! Thank you for this thread!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #281  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Wow, ItsMyTurn, you've had a rather "amplified" experience with parenting. It's wonderful how well your kids are doing, overcoming obstacles at such young ages. Way to go (to you and to them)!

I've got two little ones - a 3-year-old girl and a year-and-a-half boy. The 3yo loves to jump, loves Dora (and taught the baby boy to say "I want Dora"), and gets scared easily (especially of Dr's tools and equipment). Baby boy is a climber and escape artist, likes to stomp, and needs to hold onto my hair to go to sleep most nights.
2sw33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #282  
~Star~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sw33t View Post
Wow, ItsMyTurn, you've had a rather "amplified" experience with parenting. It's wonderful how well your kids are doing, overcoming obstacles at such young ages. Way to go (to you and to them)!

I've got two little ones - a 3-year-old girl and a year-and-a-half boy. The 3yo loves to jump, loves Dora (and taught the baby boy to say "I want Dora"), and gets scared easily (especially of Dr's tools and equipment). Baby boy is a climber and escape artist, likes to stomp, and needs to hold onto my hair to go to sleep most nights.
My youngest used to be a Dora fanatic! LOL! Backpack Backpack! LOL!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #283  
For My Boys!

S/C/G: 207/196/150

I enjoy reading about everyones amazing kids. I have two amazing boys, and they are all boy. My oldest is 5 and loves being outside and my 15 month old loves to climb on everything and giving me heart failure. I love watching my oldest playing sports he is already the star of his flag football team weaving in and out of the other teams players to score a touchdown. I love watching my little one shaking his booty to the music that he hears. Well I do not know what my life would be without my boys, but I doubt it would be this fun.
khumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #284  
~Star~

Quote:
Originally Posted by khumphrey View Post
I enjoy reading about everyones amazing kids. I have two amazing boys, and they are all boy. My oldest is 5 and loves being outside and my 15 month old loves to climb on everything and giving me heart failure. I love watching my oldest playing sports he is already the star of his flag football team weaving in and out of the other teams players to score a touchdown. I love watching my little one shaking his booty to the music that he hears. Well I do not know what my life would be without my boys, but I doubt it would be this fun.
They sure are our gifts Give us strength, love, and more entertainment than cable ever thought of, Your boys sound wonderful Enjoy them, they are only young for so long *I get teary just thinking of the day mine will move out and try to make it on their own*
Old 10-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #285  
For My Boys!

S/C/G: 207/196/150

ItsMyTurn,
I so agree with you. I have a lot of time left before they move out and I am enjoying every moment I have with the both of them. I am always amazed at everything they do and say. I am amazed at all your children have overcome and I commend you for being a great supporting mother.
khumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote