Old 01-30-2007, 05:24 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Somethings Chat:Tuesday January 30

Good Morning!!!
Lauren and the others(sorry dont have the other thread to go by)--I think when U live here, and Kingcakes, spicy foods etc are here 24-7, it isnt tempting..Of course when some dummy brings the Zulu Kingcake to work--chocolate, with liquid chocolate inside, coconut and pecans--OMG...I have to avoid the breakroom!!!

Lauren--sorry about the "system" I hate the term overqualified...It is such a dumb concept

Hello to everyone..off to work soo I will chat later!!!
I brought K to her first College basketball game this weekend and she loved it..I have given up on dance and will let her enjoy her soccer, football and basketball!!! Such a little dainty girl!!!hahaha
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:41 AM   #2  

Hi I am a newbie and beckins1217 was so nice to tell me to join the daily thread so here I am Itīs lunchtime over here and since my three boys donīt eat at school (the schools donīt offer lunch just drinks and sandwiches but only my eldest boys school not the school my little boy attends!!!!!) I cook every day for the whole family which I love to do. My youngest is member of a boys choir and Iīll bring him this afternoon what means 2X20 minutes walking for me
I am very interested in reading and films and I love the theater. And I love the gym very much, I took yoga classes for years and doing yoga at home now because all the great yoga teachers I know left town.
And I am glad I found this board - really -
Kirsten
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'5

Good Morning all!!
babybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:55 AM   #4  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning/afternoon All!!!

It's not even 9AM here nad I am already stressed out and on my SECOND cup of coffee......whoa nelly - slow down!!!

Joyce - keep plugging along, girl!! Plateaues are normal and it sounds like you are doing really well. Good luck with your next set of tests.

Sunshine - Good luck/vibes with the possible new job. Try and get past the bad food weekend. We all have bad days... Lots to think about, nothing to stress about. Just look forward and keep plugging along

Gatorgal - YUM!!! King Cake!! Have you found the baby yet???

Holy - feel better soon.

Angela - what cutie-patooties you have

Kirsten - Glad you joined us. I LOVE to cook also.. I think that is why DH blames me for his weight gain since we have been together....

Anyway - I hope you all have a great day!!!

When did RX say he was getting back fromt eh train convention??

~Becky
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #5  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi all! I have been totally mia. Life is so super busy right now. Business is finally picking up!! It's a good thing but it keeps me away from here too. LOL We can't have that now! I haven't read all the past week's posts but I will so I can catch up. Just checking in for now to let you all know I didn't fall off the face of the Earth (if anyone cares ). TTYL!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:51 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Alright, I'm sooo done with this weather...bring on Spring!! It hasn't really made it over 30° in the past couple days!

Becky, I think he's back and just ignoring us! Unless he got lost between Boston and home! I don't bother with a second cup I just go to DD and get an XL!!

Hi Kirsten! Glad you joined us!

RR, maybe K & P need to switch bodies for awhile? He wants nothing but to be "pretty" these days...not handsome!! I told him he's not allowed to be pretty! I've never had Zulu Kingcake but it sounds yummy!!

OK, me and my PMS'ing self are gonna go do something productive, before I start munching.

Molly, nice to see you checking in!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #7  
Working on a new me!

S/C/G: 212/210/175

Height: 5'7"

Well I started to do the Kathy Smith workout today...I discovered my coordination SUCKS! SO I took the dvd out of the player and threw in a Walk away the Pounds 3 miles DVD that I bought years ago. I don't think I ever actually used it before but holy crap what a workout! I'm very impressed with how "easy" it was to use and I didn't feel like I was going to a) trip over my feet or b) get stuck in some funky position on the floor like I do during Pilates. Maybe I've found something that will work for me?

RR, K sounds like my daughter at that age. When she was young she was interested in R/C Cars, Dump Trucks and other heavy equipment. Now at 13 I can't get her out of her room because she's busy "painting her nails" or listening to her music too loud.

Lauren your weather sounds hideous like ours right now. This morning it was -25C without the windchill factor added in. I'm anxious for spring too!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
lorimjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:12 PM   #8  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

i just posted this on monday's LOL im a day behind

Morning all
sorry i've been MIA i was playin hookie yesterday it felt good no work no worries i stay'd home and built my patio swing Boy that was tough i open the box and had duplicte pices but i made them work and i love the new swing I had to use my Home warrenty(SP?) for the first time the jaccuzzi stoped working so the guy called this morning and said he'll be out tomarrow

HOLY~ im glad your back so how are you and hubby doing?
LBH~MY only~ sorry to hear the bad new girls hang in there
Babybelly ~they are soooo cute
Gator Beck Lisa ~ hi there
well i'll check in later
Michelle H
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #9  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

RR I forgot to tell you...I have a friend who had 2 boys, a girl, then another boy. When she was pg with Elyssa she was so excited that she was finally having a girl. Well Elyssa is rougher than all her boys put together. LOL Fate I guess. lol

Lauren, it's nice to be back! I missed you guys.

Lisa, I did see that you asked about me (thanks lol). I'm here. Sorry to hear about the guy. Maybe give him another chance, if he still acts like a goof then let it go. JMHO
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:26 PM   #10  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

hey everyone,
I came home from work about 3 hrs ago....wasn't feelin real peachy and even got quizzed as to "why" i was going home. Oh my gosh, been feeling like ick and sickly since I got back from Texas last week and she wonders why I'm going home. I started feeling fevery again so i laid down and fell asleep. dang cold is taking all my energy. I kid you not, I come home, do nothing but fix myself dinner, and that's IT. I knock out early, wake up on time, and i'm still exhausted. When I was home Mom had been going thru this, she'd been sick for 3 weeks with this respiratory stuff. Sure ain't fun but I'd rather be out half a day from work than an entire 2 weeks with bronchitis and sinus infection. I had a coworker who kept coming in sick and finally broke down and went to the doc. they kept him home 2.5 weeks with all kinds of stuff. I'm not gonna do that.

Now I used to be the girl that would come in sick, stay as long as possible....sick every day for a week just so we could keep up with work. It's not my fault we have a backlog and ever since september I feel less and less appreciated and more of the work's being dumped on me...well i'm sure most of you know how my job stynx bigtime. Gotta love my new spellings, y's and x's LOL anyway I know i'm supposed to be on "vacation" next week and I did have a death in the family and took 2.5 days to fly home and back and STILL come into work on friday, so dangit i'm taking a few hours off to try and recoup before my vacation next week.

Needless to say when I left I was frustrated. But that's ok. I took more meds and passed out ROFLMAO.

Hubby's doing fine, he dropped about 30 lbs while he was gone, which is awesome for him cuz he'd been drinkin alot and he was WAY overweight for the USAF. So now he's got another 40 days to keep workin it down before his physical fit testing. i told him i'd help as much as I could...but he insists on eating once or twice a day and i break my meals up and eat every 3 hrs if possible. Today's been a doozy but i'm gonna try real hard to stay on track.

ok off for something to drink, I'm parched but freezing LOL makes sense don't it?

*hugs* to all of you
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #11  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone.

Figured I'd better post since there were at least a couple of people who were asking about me. I actually got back on Sunday night (well, technically Monday morning @ 1:30am) a day earlier than originally planned since we finished up earlier than anticipated. Made for a very long day and haven't fully recovered from that late night and the lack of sleep (strange bed, strange spot, etc) from the weekend. So, I really haven't felt like posting.

Eating habits, as anticipated, were just disastrous over the weekend. So many chains we don't have up here on the East Coast of Canada - no IHOP's, no Denny's, no Friendly's. Even went to a new one - Longhorn's - in Maine which I am absolutely in love with. (Veggies avoid that place! ) Anyway, I tried to behave but my weight is still (way) up.

I did have a good time though. I thought I might have some pictures when I got back, but in a flash of brilliance I took everything but the *memory card*. So, for the second year in a row, I have no pictures of the show.

Anyway - I am here and I am reading, just not feeling like posting much. I'll try and post more, though. I wouldn't want to disappoint my fans.

Take care everyone. 's all around.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Road runner...guess i wouldn't be able to pass that cake up either..i'm loving my king cake i brought back with me when i went to baton rouge this weekend...btw..went to the LSU campus...very nice. Reminds me alot of my almamater (UF) without the live tiger...although we do have live gators on our campus...just not in cages LOL. Enjoyed baton rouge and the wonderful cajun food. guess you're right though, if you see it every day you probably don't crave it as much.

beckins- no i haven't found the baby yet...i did bring it to work and told everyone to watch out for the baby...they thought i was nuts...well they are right on that part LOL.

Milagro - welcome i'm a newbie myself.

holyter hope you feel better...sux to be sick

as for me...today i had every intention of being good. but had some slanderous info put out in regards to me on a myspace page that sent me through the roof. So ate chocolate, cokes etc. very bad. But luckily lawyers got involved and i just checked the site a few minutes ago and all information is removed. It is a shame...the internet can be such a great place ...ie this place with lots of friendly motivating ppl. And then other times its full of crap that is just spreading false rumors that can hurt ppl's reputations. Oh well. some ppl just don't think before they type. Hope everyone did better than me. Maybe i'll go walk with my dog...she'd appreciate that and it might make me feel better.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:35 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

RX, if you thought Longhorn's was good, next time you are in the States try to find a Texas Roadhouse! OMG They are soo much better.

GatorGirl, sorry that someone was so slanderous (sp?) to you. I would have felt like punching them. (Not that I would)

Holy, feel better k? All that nasty stuff is going around up here too. I haven't been out much, but my mom has had it and so has a whole bunch more people as well.

Molly : I am so glad you are back. I am glad that your business is picking up ~ just remember to take care of you also.

Lori, I hear ya on getting stuck in positions. I also have a tape only I always got to laughing after the lady says, "Dont forget to breath". Like Duh!! I am glad the other DVD is working.

Kirsten, I am sure that you will enjoy it here. We all come to support and be supported.

to everyone else that I missed.

Wish me luck, I have a job interview tommorrow at 9:30am. It is with Cumulus Broadcasting in their sales/advertising department. (It would also be cool if I could learn the on air stuff too.)

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up

good luck lpennington on your job interview

GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote