Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 03:30 PM   #31  

CONFESSION #3

I was craving something sweet yesterday and ate a whole bunch of cookie dough. I have never done that before and am somewhat flabbergasted and definitely disgusted with myself!

Ontario - Welcome welcome!! Congrats on reaching your lifetime membership! Awesome. I think you ought to get that tired thing checked out too.

Jul - hooray for you for dealing with your craving effectively! And yeah for the 1/2 pound loss.

Pryia - HAPPY BIRTHDAY SATURDAY!!

Elisa - I'm in a weighing every morning stage also . . .

Lauren - hey, you made progress and that's great.

Legal - yeah for op, banking points and exercise!

BFB - too cute!

I guess confession IS good for the soul because I feel better! Weigh in is tonight - wish me well!

RABBIT
Old 10-18-2001, 03:46 PM   #32  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hmmmmm...all these confessions!!!Let's see?????I ate cheese puffs but locked the bag up immediately after eating a few!!!I learned that when U crave, get a few in a bowl and then eat them but never leave an opened bag in site!!!

Has anyone here ever had carpal tunnel???I have been suffering for 2 days with the worse pain and numbness to my left hand..It keeps me awake at night cuz I am not taking any meds until Aunt Flo arrives...I get relief by keeping my hand straight and putting ice and then wake up with the worse pain when I curl up to sleep...Too weird that this happens all of a sudden????

Well, off to go to the doctor to get it checked out~
RR
Old 10-19-2001, 01:10 AM   #33  
A princess in the making!

Talking

You guys are the best. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I will post more. But ever notice how late I sneak in here. And I need to sleep.

I know someone else had a birthday this week. And I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
Old 10-19-2001, 09:24 AM   #34  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Had a good WI last night, I lost 1.8 lbs. this week! DUH, see what happens when you stay OP?! Of course i totally pigged out after WI. Had to work late so I didn't make it to the early mtg., but went to the 7:30 mtg. By the time it was over, I was famished!! Decided to get chinese food. I knew I would be over for the day, but i didn't realize how much. I had choc. icecream that DH made...way too much of it. I used to be able to eat that much no problem, and then some, but I could've been happy with a half a cup...and I wouldn't have felt like crap either!!

It's a new week, and I intend to be just as good (sans last night), if not better, than I was last week!!

Pryia- Working too hard, or just insomnia? Get some sleep girl!! Have a great birthday!! I used to have a list of B-days, from the "old gang", but it's lost somewhere at mom's!

RR- Have you tried Smart Puffs? Can't remember who makes them, might be the same people as the Booty stuff. They're better than cheese doodles and less points. Can't remember exactly, but they're good! My mom has Carpal Tunnel, or arthitis or something in her hands...must be a nurse thing. A few years ago she had these wrist supports made, they took molds of her wrists. Maybe you could just get wrist supports, you know like some bowlers wear to keep their wrists straight?

Rabbit- Cookie dough? I love cookie dough...only choc. chip cookie dough though! Haven't eaten it in a longtime though. Hope WI went well!

Jul- I don't know what Choc. Turtle cheesecake is, but I don't think I wanna know!! It sounds evil!!

BFB- I think I've burned a lot of calories lately!!

LE- Glad you stayed OP!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 10-19-2001, 02:20 PM   #35  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Afternoon!!!!
Lauren-Yep it was carpal tunnel and he made me a wrist splint that I slept with and it made all the difference in the world..He even told me that pregnant women get CT ------hmmmmmm....wouldnt that be great !!!! I found some neat halloween food ideas at www.chefmom.com It also has some good crock pot things to make..Go under geoparent on the left hand side and then U will see "Gross Haloween treats".

Pryia--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, off to parent teacher conference!!!
RR
Old 10-19-2001, 05:03 PM   #36  

HI EVERYONE!

I lost .2 last night (and I will take it and be happy because of the cookie dough fiasco - I was way over on points that day and only got to have popcorn for dinner). I've done a couple of extra miles this week and am considering trying some running . . . (which is totally an odd thing to come out of my mouth).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TECH!

RR - yeah for stopping after a few! That is a very hard thing for me to do - I'm not good at it. Glad you got your wrist checked out!

Pryia - Enjoy your birthday!! Will update my miles this weekend.

Lauren - congrats on the terrific loss! The cookie dough was m&m - it was some that I bought to make cookies with. Could not believe that I opened it and ate some. The act of a desperate woman.

Better run. I've got soup to make for dinner. And we're having homemade bread. yum.

have a super weekend all! Keep your goals in mind!

RABBIT

**NO EXCUSES**
Old 10-19-2001, 07:47 PM   #37  

Hi all

Just a quick check in since I haven't had time today. I'm just now getting ready to leave work...on a Friday night, doesn't that suck? But I had to get something finished that got thrown at me late yesterday afternoon.

Good news is...I had a perfectly OP day yesterday & despite the stress I was under today I've stayed away from the unplanned munchies and even though I'm starving at the moment I'm going to wait until I get home (another hour) and eat something healthy. I'm trying to fill up a little with water at the moment! *L*

I had some extra incentive because the scale said I was down 2# this morning! Not an "official" weigh-in day, but if I stick to it this weekend it should still be there on Monday!

Lauren - congrats on the 1.8#

Rabbit - funny you should say that about running...I just told DH last night I think my next goal, now that my big walk is over, is to become an actual runner. I did a little jogging during my walk last night and it felt pretty good, so I think I'm going to start looking for a 5K that's a few months away and start trying to train to actually RUN it!

Sorry I'm not hitting everything I know I want to from everyone's posts, but I'm tired & I'm going home!

Just wanted to say have a great weekend!

LE

Old 10-19-2001, 09:03 PM   #38  

Well, I made it back. I posted all of my food (that I can remember) on the food thread, but didn't even attempt the points. It was not good, but oh well.

Can't remember my exact weight when I left, but it was somewhere between 151.5 and 152.5 on the home scale. I got on today and it was only 153!!! Maybe it's waiting to sneak up on me, HOPE NOT!

So, I go to WW tomarrow and Wendesday. My goal was to be at my 10/10 weight on 10/24. Tomarrow's WI should tell me if that is possible (unless the 10 lbs I SHOULD have gained while gone show up between saturday and wendesday

Sounds like all are doing well. Will try to catch up more later.

PS: Swifter's are my life!!! I love them. They have changed my life! Well, ok so that's a lie, but they are very handy.
Old 10-20-2001, 05:48 AM   #39  
Pink Thingy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRYIA
Old 10-20-2001, 01:00 PM   #40  
LBH

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRYIA!!!
Old 10-20-2001, 05:07 PM   #41  

Thanks to everyone for all the well-wishes and encouragement.

Well, I seem to be down 1 after my week of unbrideled eating! Not quite sure why, but I'm not complaining. It is good to be home and getting back to things.

For all those who weigh each day: I would recommend a program called weight commander (I believe that dotti talks about it). I downloaded it several eears ago for $10. You put your weight in each day, and it calculates your "moving average" which smooths out daily fluctuations.

I like it because I know (after tracking my weight for 3 months) that I gain up to 5 lbs at tom. I also gain up to 5 at ovulation! If these times fell on a WI day and I only weighed once a week, I think I would be very disapointed. Anyway, its a cool program.

Rabbit: Sorry to hear about the difficulties with certain food items! Good idea to bring the candy to the neighbors. NO EXCUSES!!!
RR: Loved Brugge! Good luck with those chocolates, some of those seem to have appeared in my luggage on the trip home! Just back from target myself - great store! Sorry to hear about the wrists.
LBH: You go girl!! Do NOT get down on yourself about 3 points. You are doing great! Congrats on the loss! Trust me, you do NOT want to know what turtle cheesecake is.
Tech: Hope the move went well!
BFB: Congrats oon the restart. I was shocked to see how many calories I burned while away
Juldiet: Yeay on the losses! Way to keep that craving under control.
Elisa: Yup, being away from the house is tough! Do you write down your points and keep track of your bank? Sounds like you were harder on yourself than maybe you needed to be.
LE: Glad all of that mysterious weight is gone. Good luck with the workouts! Good loss!
Ontario: Glad you joined us. I would agree with the other "moms", see an MD!

Happy Birthday Pyria and welcome back!!!
Old 10-20-2001, 07:46 PM   #42  

HELLO ALL.

Pryia - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! HOPE YOU'RE OUT ENJOYING YOUR DAY!

Legal - Yeah op! you are doing so well! Hope the 2 pounds is still gone at weigh in. Super idea about the 5k. I'm going to try out the running during my walks and see how I like it. I was talking to a man who just did the Chicago marathon and that is what inspired me to try running. Funny that you are thinking that way too! It would be so cool to run a 5k.

Bailey - WELCOME BACK! Congrats on your loss and I hope it doesn't sneak back up on you! Just be really really good and maybe it won't. Cool idea about the weigh in program.

have a great weekend all.

RABBIT

**NO EXCUSES**
Old 10-21-2001, 08:18 PM   #43  
LBH

Hi All,

Rabbit- It's all your fault!! I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today...well, I made the dough last night, the cookies this AM. Of course I ate a bunch of dough last night! In fact lunch today was cookies!! I used a melon baller to make them, so they're small...a little bigger than a snack well's cookie. I figured them out to be 1 pt. for 2 cookies. Put them in containers and will be sending some to work with DH and I will bring some too.

It was the first time I used my Kitchen Aid mixer though, and I loved it!! Man, it sure takes the hassel out of making cookies!! I've got this great idea for when I have to make the cut out cookies for the Halloween party...you know those old egg slicers...not the ones they have now where you plop the egg in and pull the thing down...I mean the kind that you push down over the egg, with the egg on the counter? My mom has one, and I was thinking, I bet that would be a real easy way to cut the cookie dough for them...ya' think??

Bailey- Congrats on the loss!! You probably did a lot more exercise in Brussels, that's why you lost...you think? That's what happened to me on the cruise I went on almost two years ago. I ate like a pig all week, and lost 4 lbs.!! It was all that Ship Shape activity!!

LE- You know, it seems like out of all the days of the work week, Friday is always the day I end up staying late! I intended to leave at 4:30 Friday, since I worked OT Thursday, but I got busy doing something for my "boss", and ended up staying there til 5:30!! He's a good guy though, so I didn't mind...and it was stimulating work, not boring stuff.

Speaking of which, did I ever mention that I'm totally obsessed with my "boss"?? I put that in quotes because he's actually my boss's boss. My boss in home based in Atlanta, in fact my whole department (well, all 4 of them!) is home based around the country, except me...life is unfair! Anyway, my boss's boss, is a Global VP, reporting directly to the Pres. of the CRO. He doesn't have an assistant, so he uses me and a few other exex. assts. to do stuff for him. I don't know if this is a newlywed thing, or what, but I've found myself totally obsessed with him. He's probably in his mid 40's or so, and he's soo good looking, I can't help myself!! I mean, I would never do anything, but it's kind of a fun past time I guess! Is that completely crackheaded of me?! Anyone else ever feel that way?!

RR- I have seen that stuff at ChefMom...some cool stuff. That's good that you got a wrist support. Hope it feels better soon!

OK, I'm going for a TCBY pop I think, to keep me under points! Have a great evening all!!
Old 10-22-2001, 02:33 AM   #44  
Pink Thingy

Exclamation

see you over at the new thread week of 21st October - sorry only noticed on Saturday that I had dated the thread 14th "November"
Closed Thread