Old 01-03-2007, 05:33 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Somethings: Wednesday January 3

Good Morning!!! Get to go in to work for 5am this morning and that extra 30 minutes felt great!!!

Hello to all!!
Off to start my day by drinking the water!!!!Ok..Lauren--1/2 your weight in water???Hmmmm..must get started...The only problem is as a nurse, who has time to empty the bladder!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:33 AM   #2  
~Determined~

S/C/G: 238/238/153

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I have been a lurker for sometime so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Missy. Mom of 3 ages 8,5,3. I am currently in nursing school right now and packed on the weight for stress eating and sitting in class all day. DH and I have decided we need to change if we want to live long enough to enjoy our kids growing up and meeting grandchildren. I really need to keep motivated and so I thought this is the best way to do it because Dh doesn't get excited about talking about weight loss.
MissyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:43 AM   #3  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Morning! I've been out of it again. I've been reading tho. Been super busy (not as busy as you Michelle!). I'm hoping stuff slows down for me again now that all the holidays are over. I've been goo (not great) about eating. I think I told you all that I'm working on exercise now. That's the focus. I have to do it.

Michelle, congrats on the new home!! I know you are super excited! I'm a little surprised that they haven't done an ultrasound on dd yet! That sounds weird to me too.

to all the newbies!

Hi to everyone else too!

Make it a great day!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:16 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Missy, It's good that DH is on the bandwagon...just come here to get excited about it! My DH is also on the bandwagon, but his idea is drink Slimfast for lunch and starve until dinner!

RR, I have yet to get 1/2 my weight in water in!! I read it, doesn't mean I've done it! I am aiming to get much more than usual in though.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:37 AM   #5  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Good morning! I'm happpy to report that my first 3 days went really well, and today has started out on a good note. My only complaint is that I'm still nursing a mild to moderate headache after almost a week.

If I get to count the coffee and tea (both decaf) I drink, I definitely make the water goal. Otherwise, I'm a little short. I'm certainly drinking a lot more than I had for a long time.

It's good that so many of your DH's are on board. Truthfully though, I'm glad I don't have one to worry about. 30 was all about fixing what was wrong my life (did that! Got a new, better job and moved closer to my hometown). 31 is about improving myself...body, mind, and spirit. Maybe 32 will be about my social life.

Off to glug, glug, glug that H2O! Hope you all have a great Wednesday.
jetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:54 AM   #6  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

*wavie*

Today's my grandpa's 100th birthday. He got a letter from the governor AND the president for being such a youngster

I've gotta make some sugarfree jello this morning. I boiled eggs yesterday for snacks, so I'll probably make some egg salad this morning for snacks today. I did good til dinner last night but I'm not beating myself up for it.

Oi how cute...i like the st patty's day goal..i was thinking of maybe a springtime challenge? for about that time....i have a show possibly that weekend and would like to be losin some more weight by then

How are you today???
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #7  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Default What'd I miss????

Hey everybody!! I've been gone for a while now....been traveling, visiting with family, gaining weight, etc..... Ugh.

BUT - today is the day to get back to the basics. I went to the grocery store yesterday and stocked up on everything I need (yogurt, fruit, Lean Cuisines....).

I've missed all of you very much. My travels didn't always include internet availability - even though I had my laptop with me. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! It will take me DAYS to catch up on all the posts....but can you give me a run-down?

How's the new house, Michelle---and the grandbaby?
Holy ~ did you get to see DH?
ETC ETC ETC!!!

Everyone doing okay?? to all the newbies!
Fondly,
Fit
fitafter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #8  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

fit he'll be home in about 2 weeks
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #9  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 283.5/278.5/215

Height: 6'3"

Good Morning All!

Day 3 and 2 lbs less Can't complain about that. It just reinforces that I was eating WAY too much before!!!!

Jetsetter...when I was in Weight Watchers...I was told that diet/decaffinated beverages could count as water. Has anyone else heard that???

Question for everyone...can you drink too much water??? I thought that you could, but maybe and hopefully I am wrong...

Have a great day everyone!!!

Becky
baglynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #10  
Stephanie

Default Goods Morning Ladies!

Hi all - it has been a good morning so far - did 45 min on treadmill and had some oatmeal and coffee I know I shouldnt but DS had a sleepover last night and I stayed up reading and keeping an eye on them until 1 AM!!!
They were up at 7 so I just got up and started on my day!!

Holy - tell your Grandpa HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! That is so awesome!!

Well they are out there doing who knows what!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE AND GRAB THOSE WATER BOTTLES!!!
FL-MOM-OF-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:16 PM   #11  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning all
well i got up and actully excersied this morning WOO HOO made a pot of coffee in the new coffee pot my husband bought me last night we went down after work to walmart and applied tfor a second job we applied for Mon-fri 6pm to 11 pm and all day sat avail i sure hope they call us with the new mortgage we need a second income untill he gets hired on to a polce dept then we can relax untill then we have to each get a second job but its soooooo worth it we love our new home kids are bummed i wont be around but they are understanding because they want to keep the house too
i'll talk to you later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #12  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Michelle, best of luck to you and dh!

Becky, yes you can count diet/caffeine free beverages for water according to ww. But only for 2 of your 8 oz glasses.

Holy, Happy Brithday Grandpa! How cool is that?? And are you just losing is about dh coming home in 2 weeks??? Gosh I remember when he left! Seems like forever ago.

Fit, welcome back!! Glad to see you.

Well dh told me that he has a guy from Chrysler on him to hire him. DH is a mechanical engineer in the auto industry. Right now he works for an exhaust company and he's working with Chrysler on one of their cars. And at his company, he's applying for a program engineer position which includes a nice raise. Then this guy at Chrysler is on him cause they want him too. The only thing about the Chrysler thing is that it's over an hour drive and I just got him back working in Toledo. It's nice to be able to have him come home for lunch and be home fairly early. But either way, he'd get a good size raise! Cool huh?

OK the man is up and needs mom to rescue him. lol TTYL!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:15 PM   #13  

I've been doing very well with my fresh start and am pleased with my progress. Well within my calorie range again today (with plenty of chocolate, even!) and 45 minutes of vigorous exercise.

Molly, that's awesome about the raise!
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote