Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:30 AM   #1  
Wandering in the Woods

Default I am suddenly losing weight without seeming to try.

I think it’s a combination of things. For one, I’ve been hiking more robustly, as the weather has cooled, a huge incentive to go for longer hikes, more often (daily) as it’s my absolute favorite month for outdoors. Secondly, I have not been eating big dinners as much, having various reasons why I’m ‘just having soup or veggies’. I think that’s the big one actually. Anyway, I’ll continue, maybe let go of my love of complicated dinners, as I love to cook so much, but lately I haven't reallly been in the mood. Maybe jsut cook a nice complex dinner once a week or so … and lighten up the dinners altogether. I believe I have discovered my weightloss method, and there is really no deprivation other than big expectations on myself to cook so much.
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Hi Hermit Girl!

Hiking this late in the year? You lucky duck!

I'm very similar in that I don't necessarily count calories, but I'm mindful of my eating "practices". Since I moved my biggest meal of the day to lunch, I've found maintenance to be a much less bumpy ride.

Enjoy those fall hikes!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Sounds good to me Keep up the good work!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:04 PM   #4  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Sounds like you found what works for you, that's great. It works for me also, Natural whole foods worked for me. My highest calorie meal is breakfast(450 to 500 cal.)feels like I'm pigging out! Lunch is about 250cal. and dinner is a 150 to 200 cal. salad no later than 5:00pm. I stay away from many carbs after 3pm. If you eat more in the morning, then get your excersise, like hiking, I think you rev your metabalism and you have the whole day to burn it up. I have always wanted to try hiking cause I love being outdoors but never got to, so I take 3 to 4 mile power walks w/ my husband every day if it doesn't rain.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/170/110

Height: 4' 11"

New to the site. Starting Ideal Protein tomorrow. Need some support ladies.
peggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #6  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

what is ideal protein? never heard of it. Just remember, nothing can taste as good as thin feels! I keep that in my head at all times!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

peggy, there is an Ideal Protein group here, here is a thread they have been posting in:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...2009-a-19.html
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #8  
Danny Hanson

hemit girl, keep up the good work!

I definitely want to check out this Ideal Protein diet, always looking for ways to get more protein in my diet.
LivinHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:11 PM   #9  
Wandering in the Woods

Everytime I lose another pound, I like to make my presence felt on WholeFoods forum here at 3FC... its just the acknowledgement I need. I just lost another pound !

I have only lost 10 pounds, over 5 months, going very slow. Though my thread's title makes it seem like I'm not doing anything, it's far from true. I'm more tuned into however, the cause and effect of denying myself that little dish of icecream, or just having a salad for dinner while I make my skinny DH a burger and fries (like last night), or adding that extra half hour or more to my regular hike in the day (which I've been doing a lot lately, hiking longer, and more days). It all adds up in the losing the weight.

I am finding the success is in the babysteps, fine tuning them, and a constant awareness of how I'm feeling emotionally, etc, preparing ahead , etc. The cutting back on calories isn't as much of what is working to lose the weight, I think, as the Total Awareness ; harder exercise or more often, coupled with better choices to eat (fuel vs pleasure)... and most importantly ~ being accountable to myself.

I've suddenly enjoyed making myself mini goals, something I haven't concerned myself with for years. I now have a goal for each equinox and solstice, my personal road marks which I like to keep.

Last edited by Hermit Girl; 11-24-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I'm happy it's going well
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #11  
Year 9 in Maintenance

S/C/G: 271/125/115

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Girl View Post
I am finding the success is in .... being accountable to myself.
An important insight..
Bright Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #12  
WW Moderator

Congrats, Hermit Girl! I'm happy for you! And I gotta say, your profile pic with your pooch and the mountains in the back is really nice and peaceful. It reminds me that the simple things in life are the most important. Now I feel like playing hooky from work and hanging out with the family.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #13  
Beauty Is Within

S/C/G: 202/190/150

Height: 5'4

thats very good !! good for you !! eating healthy is good for weightloss as well as for your health in the long run !
geminibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

WOW, I can't imagine cooking meals for a skinny hubby! Cooking two meals.... yuk! Bless your heart, you are doing great.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #15  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

For me, I have a skinny husband as well and what I do is just bulk up his meals. I also remember that I shouldn't try to match him in what he eats. Some days, he even eats 2 dinners, one around 6pm and one around 10pm.

Anyway, an example of what I do is give him larger portions and for a while, I wasn't eating a lot of rice/grains so for example if I made an Indian style dish, I'd serve his over rice while I'd serve mine over green beans. Now I'm eating more grains, I reduce the other portion of the meal for myself.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote