Old 11-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Weight Loss Buddies V

We were over 450 so I thought with a new challenge we could start the new thread.

To close out our last challenge (8/1-11/1) we are at:
ajowens 166: 155, 7%, 11lbs
LuckyLindy 186: 165, 11%, 21lbs
Maddiesmom 247: 225, 9%, 22lbs!!!
Mygrits 219
Danceindenver 178: 160, 10.1%, 18lbs
Burgundyrayne 222: 204, 8.1%, 18lbs
Tiff 292.2: 294.8, .8%+
BacktoBasics 263
Neesy 216

For the upcoming challenge I think that the 11/1-1/10??? is perfect but I am not sure what to call it.

Last edited by ajowens; 11-02-2009 at 02:10 PM.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

aj - I think the original concept was % since we were all starting at such different places but WOW - those are some pretty amazing results so far!! I have a sneaking suspicion that Neesy might be our winner based on percentages.

I'm looking forward to seeing pix of the winner in her new exercise gear!

Burgundy - I'd join you with updated pix but my work has made it impossible to upload pix on my laptop so I have to get my old desktop up and working again which may take a bit. Not that you'll see the difference in my pictures - it doesn't really show, only in what size clothes I wear.

11/1-1/2 (as lindy suggested) works for me. $10 again work for everyone? And one grand prize winner based on highest percent of weight lost? I think Staccie may want to join so let's keep it open for a bit till she comes back. I can't think of a clever name either so whatever you want to call it is fine by me
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

I would love to join too. My name is Mary. I am a 43 yo married mom of three (DS-26), (DD-19), (DD-17). I have one granddaughter Olivia who is 2 1/2. I have been married 22 years as of Nov. 7. Obesity runs in my family. My mother was always over 350 lbs. Unfortunately we lost her way too young. She was only 64 and died of complications due to her weight. I have a brother who is around 450 and a sister who was over 300 but had gastric bypass. She is now a healthy weight and has maintained that for about 5 years. I have always struggled with my weight. Took diet pills from the time I was in 7th grade but once I had my kids I couldn't tolerate them any more and started gaining. I have been about 50 lbs overweight most of my adult life. Finally decided to do something about it about 3 years ago. I hit 199 and was terrified of getting into the two's with my family history. It has been slow going. I lose and gain the same 10 lbs over and over again. But I have finally committed to doing it this time for real. I haven't seen the 160's since my 2nd daughter was born so that is my first goal but I would love to get into the 130's.

Hope that wasn't TMI! lol!!

My starting weight is 175.
maryshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #4  

New You by New Year?

Dance- Thats fantastic. Can't wait to find out where she is at!!!

Mary- WELCOME to our group!! And the challenge. There is never TMI in this group of ladies!! LOL. We are single, married, moms and not. We are pretty diverse =) I think all of us have struggled all of our lives and I will be the first to admit... I am committed but still fall off now and again. We are all just hear daily to support eachother in life & weight loss!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #5  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Mygrits 219: 217 Ugh......
BacktoBasics 263
Neesy 216

Wow, ladies you all have done so awesome! I am still shocked at the huge weightloss that took place! BRAVO!!!!!!!!! I did maintain my 5lb loss and then when I weighed today I was 3lbs heavier......go figure. LOL....Anyway, 2lbs down is better than nothing. I am ready for the new challenge, and am getting a plan in place. I like NEW YOU NEW YEAR, OR NEW YEAR NEW YOU. ;-)

How soon will we hear from Neesy? She may just be the winner, but I think ALL of you are winners!!!

I will check in later this evening.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: See signature

WOW GIRLS---awesome!!!

Burgundy - my camera has been having techincal difficulties but I wanted to post pics in the same swimsuit that I started with, Ill try to go to my moms this week and have her take some, so it may be a day or so before I can get them uploaded, but yes, I would def. like to see before and afters.

As far as the new challenge, I think $10 is fair and responable for everyones challenge. If you want to extend it out to mid January, Im ok with that too. Im going to start looking into the girls vacation soon too, maybe in November and we can take a poll. Anyway, going to watch the Yanks kill Philly, lol, Ill catch up tomorrow morning.

AJ - thanks for the new thread!
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #7  
Making Peace With Food

S/C/G: 215/153.4/120

Height: 5'4"

Greetings Everyone!

I would like to join you all in this challenge! I am a 27yr social worker living in the Northwestern United States. I started my weightloss journey at age 21 weighing in at about 215lbs. That year I was diagnosed with hypothyroid disorder and began treatment. With the help of Weight Watchers I spent the next five years driving my weight down...eventually reaching my goal weight of 120 in the Spring of 05'. I was only there about a month before I started to gain again and I went all the way back up to 160. I currently weigh about 155 which I have been hovering around for the last year. I am glad to be maintaining but am unhappy with my weight and would really like to get back down to a lower weight. I can't be sure that I'm going to be successful with this but I do commit to full discolsure and an honest effort. I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all! My initial weigh-in is 155 and I'm assuming we weigh-in on Sundays...correct me if I'm wrong.
SimpleRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls! Finally checking in after a long days work. I am soooooo impressed with everyone. Wow.. can you believe how far we have come in just a short period? WOW. I am amazed by all of you.

Today I weighed..... 189! No change in 3 weeks! Ugh. But... I guess it's better than gaining.. I'm just so scared I'm gonna gain it back. We need to start another challenge right away.

I'm going to bed. I'll check in tomorrow cuz I'm off work. YAY!!!!!!
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #9  

Height: 5'11

I would love to join in but im short on cash at the moment. Me and my bf came up with the name on my signature and I think It would be great for this challenge.. "A new rear for the new year" best of lucky ladies I hope you dont mind that I check in now and again

Last edited by PammyFl; 11-01-2009 at 09:31 PM.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #10  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Ok, to close the challenge for good:

Mygrits 219: 217 Ugh......
BacktoBasics 263
Neesy 216: 189, 13% LOSS Holy cow!!!

Well, it appears that Neesy is our grand prize winner! Neesy, if you could send us your email address, we can get you your prize. Congrats! You earned it!!

Welcome to SimpleRhythm and MaryShady!! You have found a very supportive and wonderful group of ladies! Some of us have been together almost a year and share our struggles with weight, daily life, etc. etc. No need to hold back the TMI...we've discussed it all! LOL

AJ: I love the NEW YOU BY NEW YEAR! Perhaps we shoudl weigh in mid-January due to the holidays? I'm up for it either way.

Neesy: I wouldn't worry about not losing for the past 3 weeks, it is probably a plateau since you have been losing so much. Perhaps kicking the cardio into high gear or adding some more fruits/veggies will help you get the boost to kick the plateau in the butt!

I told my trainer yesterday that I was demotivated and didn't want to go to the gym during the week. I think it's mainly due to boredom at this point. I'm like "great, I get to go run in place for an hour and not get anywhere." So, he wrote me some circuit exercises that incorporate weights with the cardio so I don't get bored and I don't plateau. He did a circuit yesterday and man am I sore today. It didn't really require any equipment, except a rower. In case you are interested, here's the workout. (No breaks between the exercises...Mr. Hott is a slave driver!)

5 minute warm up (walking, or the like)
1. Row 300 meters on the rower
2. 40 pushups
3. Row 600 meters
4. Using 10 pound dumbbells, lift the weights over your head until your arms are straight - 40 reps straight...no rest
5. Row 900 meters
6. Thrusts: start by sitting on a workout bench with 10 pound weights in your hand. Stand, then lift the weights up over your head until arms are straight, then bring the weights down and sit - 40 reps straight, no rest
7. Row 600 meters
8. 40 squats, no rest
9. Row 300 meters

Anyone interested in trying! LOL Can't wait to see what he has written for me to do mid-week. Yikes. I'm still sore from this one!!

Have a great night ladies!!!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #11  
I'm A Work In Progress!

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

I would like to join in. My name is Alyssa and I am 27 years old. I am a mom of two (4 y/o boy, 2 y/o girl), work full-time and go to college full-time. I'm busy busy, but I'm determined to make my weight-loss/healthy eating journey a definite priority.

Currently I am at 227. I love this challenge because I am new, and I know that being held accountable will help keep me in the determination!!!

ETA: I forgot to add that my mom was overweight and my dad is overweight. My mom died at the age of 47 due to undetected coronary heart disease-something caused by her weight and overall health. That was four years ago this coming Tuesday (it's going to be an emotional week! My son actually turns 4 this Friday. No, that wasn't a typo. My mom died three days before he was born.) My dad has had numerous heart attacks and two and a half years ago, he had quadruple heart bypass surgery. He is also Type II Diabetic. I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with both of my kids, and my chance for having heart disease is right up there, unless I change my ways. But that's not what got me started on my journey. What started my journey was when I saw myself in the mirror. My god-how did I get this big?! So, I'm here, and I'm working it!!!

Last edited by alyssamichelle; 11-01-2009 at 09:58 PM. Reason: additional information
alyssamichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #12  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hey Chicks,

Neesy, awesome on the weightloss. I am sorry you are working so much, and hope you rest peacefully tonight. I wouldn't worry about gaining, as you have been like a locomotive the last few months! I doubt you will throw that hard work away! LOL...... I am so excited for you when your husband see you. He is going to be so proud of you, and you of him I am sure ;-)

So, did we start the new challenge today? Does it end 1/2/10? It seems we are in agreement of the $10. So, we need official weigh-in amounts for tomorrow, correct? Or are we going to take the weigh-in amounts from todays calculations? I know tons of questions, right? LOL...........

Oh, last question, we caluculate by percentages, so who was the final winner of the last competition? Ok, that's all the questions for now..........Nite.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Hello! Just wondering if there might be room for me?My name is June and I have 3 beautiful children ages 15,11 and 2.I have been married for 20 years.I am trying to lose over 100 pounds and have been having a hard time sticking with any kind of weightloss but I'm not giving up.I am so unmotivated to get myself moving.I do well with my eating early in the day and then the evenings I blow it.I think a challenge just might help me on my journey.If I can join I will weigh myself with and official weigh in first thing in the morning!!
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Neesy-congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 13% is amazing. You rock. Let us know your email. I am waiting to buy your gift card til I have it.

Maddiesmom-you did great too. We all did great, I am proud of us. That work out from your trainer sounds tough. I wish I had a rower so I could do it. He is keeping you on your toes.

Tiff-you will rock it on this next challenge. Great to have you back.

Lindy-good idea to go January 2nd or even further into Jan. with the holidays just wrapping up. I really hope I can make it on our girls trip. Tax season would be best.

AJ-thanks for making our new thread.

Dance-hope you get your computer going so we can see pics, I am sure we will see a difference that you dont.

Mary-welcome, this is a great group of ladies here. Join right in.

Grits-now on this challenge you have to catch me, come on you can do it. I think we are just gonna use todays weights as the official start of the new challenge. Not sure when everyone wants to end the new challenge. Neesy was our winner losing an amazing 13%

Simple-welcome, cant wait to get to know you more.

Pammy-check in here when ever you like, all the girls here are very supportive

Alyssa-you are a busy busy lady, where do you find the time. WELCOME

Luv-welcome, join in!!!

I am excited that we are starting a new challenge right away. It helped me so much and I want to thank all of you for keeping me motivated. I am so proud of all of you and your losses. As a group in 3 months we lost a total of 119 lbs!!!!

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 11-01-2009 at 11:52 PM.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:50 AM   #15  

Okay first off... WELCOME to all of the new participants and new group members. I love these girls so much.

Second... all except for backtobasics... =(

I am so proud of all of us but Neesy girl... you kicked A$$! Great job. You worked so hard for your self and your hubby. You deserve it.

Here is what I have for the new challenge. We will start the new challenge today but people can register for the next few. (exceptions made)It will run from 11/1 to 1/11. That way you get a good 10 days after the holiday to drop water weight =) We are going based on % of body weight lost so that every one has a good chance of winning. Every one will provide a 10$ gift card to the winner on the 11 of Jan. Here is my list. If I have forgotten anyone let me know!!!

11/1- 1/11 Challenge

ajowens 155
Browneyedstaccie- ?
LuckyLindy 165
Maddiesmom 225
Mygrits
Danceindenver 160
Burgundyrayne 204
Tiff 294.8
Neesy 216
Maryshady 175
Alyssamichelle 227
SimpleRhythm 153.4
luvmy3 279
Backtobasics.... where are you?

I went to dinner at a friends tonight and way over did it. 2 glasses of fantastic wine, steak, twice baked potato and these little winnie appetizers he put out that I coulndt resist. Weird because pre-diet I would have never even wanted them. Okay tomorrow is a new day and teh start of the new challenge. WATCH OUT GIRLS!! ITS ON!

Last edited by ajowens; 11-02-2009 at 01:51 AM.