South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Lightbulb The "On Plan" Thread for the Week of 11/2/09

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan!

Quote:
  1. Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
  2. This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.
  3. Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
  4. While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.
So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

Last edited by beachgal; 11-09-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #2  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

OK here's my Ph2 Menu for today (and likely the week):

B: Overslept. Dang. I plan to have fruit smoothies for breakfast.
S: Dried fruit and almonds.
L: Mixed greens salad with cottage cheese, ww pita stuffed with veggies and LF pepperjack.
S: Cheese stick.
D: Homemade bruschetta with LF triscuits, Broccoli Cheese Soup, Broccoli/Cauliflower Casserole (It's a lot of broccoli but I don't care.)
S: Possible SF candy, depends on how I feel.

Last edited by weezle; 11-02-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Phase II:
My ticker is a Big Fat Liar today and I'm hoping it's just water retention from a decadent weekend.

Here's today:
B. protein shake with protein powder, skim milk, an egg and some sf raspberry Jello.
L. Home made pea soup, sf yogurt and 15 grapes
D. Tex-Mex pork chop, roasted cauliflower and steamed Swiss Chard.

I did my 90 minutes at the gym and worked outside for a good two hours this afternoon lugging stuff into the barn and horsing the snow tires into the car.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Here's what I ate today -

B. oatmeal soaked in unsweetened almond milk and topped with 1 T. craisins and a dollop of SF pumpkin butter
L. "Chicken" Divan, 4oz. cup Light and Fit blackberry yogurt
S. Honeycrisp apple
D. Lentil & Balsamic Roasted Veggie soup, 1/2 slice 9-grain ww bread with 1 T. sunflower seed butter
S. NSA fudgesicle

Exercise? Does dusting and vacuuming count?
Old 11-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Ruth - I think too much salty food has my ticker a little adgitated too. Hoping it will be better tomorrow.

B: muesli soaked in homemade applesauce with 1/2 plain yogurt and a small squirt of agave
L: adzuki beans & rice with spinach & TJ's soy chorizo
s: thai tofu & 1 small triangle of lemon grilled tempeh (hit the co-op on my way home)
d: tuscan white bean soup with kale & zucchini

exercise - I'm heading for the bike. no wine tonight.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:12 AM   #6  
Be happy.

I fixed a stir fry with left over pork tenderloin last night. A little SF teriyaki, lots of fresh veggies and just a little bit of meat. I was very happy with it but my DH didn't care for it. Looks like I'll be having the left overs for lunch all week.

Today's menu:

B: V-8, cottage cheese and tomato
Snack - pistachios & water
L: stifry, diet coke
Snack: hommus and red pepper slices
Dinner: grilled chicken, steamed veggies and a salad. SF jello if I think I 'need' it.

exercise - I'm hoping to take a good walk this afternoon.

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-03-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:13 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Get up and Go

I have a challenge this week staying OP. We've completed our "fall migration" to our winter home, and now it's time to settle in and restructure my SB friendly routine. I've just completed my 26th week on SBD and am feeling very healthy and happy with my 6 months OP-Phase 2.

Our home is bigger here and I have a wonderful kitchen which we renovated in 2004-all set up for SB healthy cooking. We have 2 nice grocery stores 10 miles away which is great since I really focus on organic foods. Costco is about 30 miles and we find ourselves in Denver quite frequently.

My challenge is exercise and keeping in a good headspace. I have been very fortunate since starting SBD to live right down the street from the most beautiful year round outdoor hot springs and it has been super simple to get upwards of 300 min/week of structured aquatic exercise-while having great social interaction. Although I am 1 block from our rec center here, the pool is highly chlorinated and I'm not able to get into the water without breaking out in a horrible rash-and the group is quite uninspiring.

This morning we checked out a rec center which is about 25 min away. DH and I are going this morning and I'm going to check out an aerobics class called "Get up and Go", which says it's suitable for all fitness levels. It's a great area for bike riding, so I'll take my bike as well.

So thats my plan this week; continue eating OP and keep moving. I find that I feel great as long as I eat OP, but I don't lose # unless I keep moving.

Have a great week everyone.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-03-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:21 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Slight budge in the scale this morning - the right way!

Today is all planned:
B. Oatmeal, dried peaches, milk
L. Pea soup leftover from Saturday with an apple
D. Some sort of creation with leftover pork chop, tomatoes, black beans and mushrooms served over spaghetti squash.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:12 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

B: refried beans, kale, veggie crumbles and some rf cheese
S: homemade applesauce
L: leftover tuscan bean soup with kale, might grab another vegetable from the Co-op
S: 100 cal almond pack
D: probably a veggie scramble over sauteed chard

I'm going to try for a walk at lunchtime then a shorter bike workout tonight. Let's see if the day allows me to get out of the office for half an hour
Old 11-03-2009, 07:28 AM   #10  

Here's my food plan for the day. Today I am at real risk of comfort eating (back is agony, small child is mega annoying) so I'm nervous of eating anything in case it leads to disaster

Phase 2

B: spelt muffin with sunflower seeds and dried apple (really need to find a better name for that!)
L: chicken and turkey bacon salad with lots of tomatoes
S: hummus and veggie sticks (carrot, cucumber and possibly pepper if there's any left)
D: Lamb and cashew nut curry, basmati rice. Either broccoli or green beans on the side. Blackcurrant s/f jelly whipped with light evaporated milk.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:57 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

My scale is going in the wrong direction. However, I think I have about 4 lbs of fluid retained just under my eyes. Time to be super strict. I think I'm going to not eat my Ph2 starches after lunch. Fruit in the morning, pita with lunch, then back to basics the rest of the day. (Dancing With the Stars dancers swear by doing it this way.) Plus, I haven't been drinking my peppermint tea at night, either.

Have a fabulous OP day girls!!!!!

Lisa
Old 11-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

food plan for today

phase two, too!

B: whole grain finnish muffin with lofat creamcheese and cucumber
L: lamb's lettuce&apple salad with balsamico dressing and one slice ww spelt pizza with lofat mozz&turkey salami
D: zucchini fritatta

snacks: apple slices, yogurt with flaxseed-maybe sbd ricotta dessert

i also try to get the starches in the morning or lunch..makes that scale move faster and whatever works for the dancing with stars dancers

Last edited by jandaman; 11-03-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Great idea for a thread. I need a bit of hand-holding and accountability right now. My plan to stay on-plan this week involves a few days of Phase I detox. If I am good until Friday night, I'll reward myself with a glass of wine.

Today I will guzzle water, and I'm thinking scrambled eggs with salsa for breakfast, with a glass of tomato juice. Dinner will be beef stew with LOTS of veggies in it. For snacks and lunch I've got hummus with raw veg, cheese sticks, and edamame. I feel like crap, so that's good motivation right there.

Exercise = long lunchtime walk (hopefully it will warm up some by then).
Old 11-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #14  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

phase 2
two eggs with pumpernickel bread.
Asian coleslaw with two slices of turkey
1/3 cup yogurt with frozen blueberries
trout with a big salad
1/2 apple with tablespoon of peanut butter
and lots water and some green tea during the day.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I think I did pretty well today, despite the fact that I felt snacky all day. There's something about this cooler weather that makes me want to eat all the time, but I'm determined not to give in.

B. oatmeal soaked in unsweetened almond milk, with a few craisins and walnuts
S. cup of Light & Fit yogurt
L. leftover lentil & balsamic roasted veggie soup
Between lunch and supper - honeycrisp apple, 100 calorie SBD bar, 1 pc. string cheese
D. leftover "chicken" divan
S. SBD peanutbutter cup dessert

Exercise was a long hike, mostly uphill, and raking pile after pile of leaves for the girls to jump into.
Closed Thread